2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

Mercury Has Treated Us Well

We first changed our car insurance to Mercury when we had two teenage sons to insure and CSAA became too expensive for us to afford.  They stuck by us when one son had several accidents during his college years, and the other totaled two cars.  They even very capably represented one of our sons in court when he was sued, and paid the full amount of the bodily injury claim against him without ever threatening to cancel his policy.  (Thankfully our sons have now grown and greatly improved their driving skills!)  Although Mercury doesn't always have the best customer service when we call them for everyday matters, their rates are some of the lowest we've found and we've been very happy with the way they've handled our claims.

the worst auto insurance

Unfortunately I still have this insurance, but they are horrible.  My husband drove his car off the side of the road in a bad storm in the middle of the night.  His car was not damaged at all, but the tow truck pulled the bumper off his supped up mazda 6.  His pride and joy.  So we had to get it fixed.  My husband had to deploy soon after, and I was assured by the insurance company that they would hassle with the tow company and I would not need to worry about it.  So we get a bill for our deductible and the freaking tow!!  We paid for them to damage the car and then we paid the insurance company to get it fixed.  How does that sound, hmmmm maybe they have it in good with that auto shop?????  I can't wait to change companies!!!  What a rip!!!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

This company DO NOT stand behind their customers. After working a 12 hour shift I found a note on my car stating "you hit my car and kept going" that wasn't even possible because I was at work since 8 that morning. I called Mercury to report it and explained that this person had the wrong car. The police office that took the report did not charge me with anything but Mercury paid the claim anyway and now its on my driving record. They may give good rates but will not back you!! I would much rather pay a slightly higher rate to know rate to know my insurance company have my back. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

I would recommed pause before purchasing this policy,

from Hiram. Georga

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

I purchased a policy from Mercury Insurance before the expiration of my current policy holder. I was required to pay the first month's premium even though the insurance was to go into effect until several days later, After consulting with my current policy holder I decided to stay with them the next day and requested cancellation with Mercury Insurance the same day, Even though the policy was never actually in effect I was chargeded a $55,00 cancellation fee,

Be Warned! The worst trained agents

from Michigan

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

The agent Delilah from Answer Financial was my agent. She went back and listened to our phone conversation and found that I was right, but refused to do anything about it. Her manager was rude and uncooperative. I would stay away from this company.

The worst customer service ever!

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

Worst customer service ever! I just started this insurance and already I regret it. I can't speak with anyone to make policy changes on the weekend, the agent lied to me and said i would be able to. Im so mad. Do not get this insurance if you have any choice at all.

Horrible

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

First month was good, then they sent me a new premium stating they took off my good student discount, which I have off bringing it up 23 dollars. Third month was changed again with a new premium 5 dollars more, said fees, Called agent to complain, eventually closed my account paying fee.

Customer Service
They make you sign the beginning one than change stuff up and add more to your bill for no reason or warning.

Great Price for Quality

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

I have been a customer of Mercury for over 15 years. They cover both my cars and my home, and I have had to make a claim on both in that time. The provide me with quality coverage and service at a great price. Claims are settled promptly and with courtesy and without an arbitrary bump in premium. I love this company.

Customer Service
When I call for a change or addition to my policy I am helped promptly and with courtesy, and it is done right the first time. Claims are settled the same way.

Available Plans
I have all the coverage I need for both my cars and home. Discounts are available for multiple cars and home/car coverage, as well as good driver. I am very satisfied.

Great deals!

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

Our car and homeowner's insurance kept jumping in price every year so we finally decided to go to an agent that represented many companies. They reviewed our policies and sent it out for quotes to multiple companies and Mercury came back as the best rate for both our homeowner's and our auto insurance policies! We were amazed at the savings since it saved us over $1000 per year switching from Nationwide who used to carry our homeowner's insurance and Geico who carried our autos. Now I can't tell you how their response is regarding claims however, their customer service for payment and policy processing has been very quick and very efficient so up to this point we have been more than satisfied. No one really wants to have to pay for insurance however, we're glad to have insurance with what appears to be a good company at a better rate than we were previously paying.

So far so good!

Available Plans
They had just what we needed for both auto and homeowners insurance.

Mercury, Low rates, great service

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

I have had Mercury for about 16 years now and have never been able to find a company to beat its price. My loyalty goes to whoever provides the best value. I suppose a part of the exceptional rates is based on the fact that both my husband and I are very safe drivers who don't drink or smoke. We rarely get a ticket either. So, that may be why we don't pay a lot.

We are occasionally courted by companies like Farmers and AAA, but they always come up short. We are paying about $650.00 per month for two cars on Southern California. I also bundle my homeowners insurance with the policy. Sometimes AAA offers a $25.00 gift card to get a quote. I call them up and they are always at least a hundred over.

Customer Service
When I have had a claim on my home-owners insurance, they were prompt and courteous. They sent an adjuster out the day after my bathroom toilet sprung a leak and destroyed the cabinetry and carpets in my bathroom. They gave me a choice of three places to repair the damage. The one that I chose was very conscientious and did an excellent job.

Available Plans
I have home-owners and auto. I don't know if they do health or life.

Mercury Insurance: Good customer service, slightly overpriced

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

My husband and I had our cars insured by Mercury for about four years before we switched about two years back to Esurance. While we had Mercury, we unfortunately had to file three different claims. My husbands vehicle was in a hit and run accident by a drunk driver. Fortunately for my husband, witnesses who saw the accident knew who it was. Once my husband gave Mercury the guy's license plate number and address, Mercury did the rest to recover our deductible. My car was one of about four parked cars hit by a drunk driver. Once again Mercury was very helpful in getting my car repaired. And the third time, the guy who hit us had Mercury insurance. Dealing with them was great that time as well. If you go to a service center authorized by Mercury, you get a lifetime warranty on the work, which is great. It seems like Mercury only works with reputable body shops as well. The only problem with Mercury that it costs more than Esurance or GEICO, which is who we have now.

Customer Service
There customer service was awesome to work with. Everything was taken care of and they actually call you back when they say they will.

Available Plans
They seem to offer pretty much the same plans as most insurance companies.

disappointing

Comments about Mercury Insurance:

I have both had mercury insurance and been in an accident with someone insured with mercury. Both just caused head aches! When I was insured by them I was dropped glut buying a new car. It made no sense. I adjusted my policy to where it more then met with the state standards but they still dropped me. I switched to NJ Cure which ended up being half the price.

A few years after I was stopped at a traffic light and rear ended by a person insured by mercury. It took well over two months to get the whole issue resolved! It was a horrible mess from the start.

All in all, being on both sides of mercury I find the company to be completely horrible.

Customer Service
Customer service is horrible for mercury. When I was in an accident the employee dealing with my claim was fired. It took weeks for my claim to go anywhere after that! They tried to pin having a rental car to long on me when the only reason I had it that long is because they wouldn't move forward on the claim! Horrible horrible company and customer service! !