3.9

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

I Love State Farm!

When I saw the commercials for State Farm and they said "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" I thought no insurance company is that good. But I was wrong! We switched to State Farm after I got into my first accident and it was cheaper than what we were paying before with our prior insurance company. They had great deals and low rates.

The staff at our agents location were excellent. When ever we would come in for anything they would stop whatever it was they were doing to help us and they made sure that they had taken care of and answered every question before we walked out the door. They also made us aware of all the different products they have without being a pushy sales person. We have along with our auto insurance, renters insurance, life insurance on both me and my husband, and personal articles insurance such as our wedding rings. And with all of that we are paying the same as we were when we were with our other company just having our one car insured.

The other thing that State Farm does that a lot of other insurance agents don't is that they offer dividends at the end of the year if the company has done well and didn't have an overage of claims in the previous year. We started our insurance in the middle of the year and the beginning of the next year we got a check from them! That was awesome.

And lastly our agent calls us every couple months to check in with us and to review our policy with us. I love that they do this because sometimes there are things that I want to change or add but don't always think to do it.

My husband and I love State Farm and we aren't planning on switching insurance company's any time soon.

what a corrupt company

Although this incident is not recent, it is typical of State Farm.  Two other State Farm insured home owners had the same experience we did with their roofs.We had roof damage from a hail storm, and all our neighbors who were not insured with State Farm received new roofs.  Since our neighborhood requires wood roofs, it is costly to replace them.  State Farm declared our roof could be repaired and not replaced.  Two different roofers told us it was too damaged to walk on in order to repair and needed to be replaced.  State Farm would not budge and insisted on a low dollar payment to have the roof "repaired."  We knew that was not accurate because we had several estimates to repair or replace the roof and all the companies agreed it needed to be replaced.  In fact, we could find no one who would agree to repair it.  Forced to take their low estimate, we paid 4 times what they gave us and had the roof replaced, but State Farm did not know we had done that.  After receiving the check for the "repair"  State Farm canceled our insurance because, according to their letter, "**our roof needed to be replaced**."  How can any legitimate company tell you something can be repaired and then cancel you because they refused to pay to have it replaced?  I've talked to people who are happy with the low premiums State Farm offers, but when I ask if they've had any experience, they always say no.  Insurance should be for the times you need it, not a fund to enrich State Farm.  We switched to Farmers and the agent told me that State Farm was a joke in the industry.  She told me when you drive down the street after a bad storm and see individual spots repaired on a roof instead of a new roof, you can always tell it's State Farm insured.

Excellent Service

from Sault Ste Marie, MI

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I've had State Farm Insurance on my home since 1988. Last year I had significant wind damage to my home and barn. I just want to credit them with their fantastic service. They could not have been more nice and helpful. Everything has been repaired beyond my expectations.

Stolen Motorcycle

from Haslet,Tx

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Had a motorcycle stolen and filed a claim and the claim process was easy and overall a great experience. Waited about 2 weeks after bike was stolen to hear from them because they will wait to see if police find it (which is understandable) the day after the two weeks the called and told me they would send the check the next day!! Great experience

Do Not Use State Farm - High Costs, Low Service

from Lithonia, Georgia

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

State Farm is only good when you're paying them, as soon as they need to pay you, they drop your coverage.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Don't file more than 1 glass claim every 10 years

from Nunnya

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

After having SF almost 30 years had 3 glas claims (2 chips, one replacement) so they arbitraily changed deductible from 0 to 250 at renewal. Living 20 miles from town on a road with gravel pits both sides, I thought comprehensive claim considered not your fault. So am pulling all autos, home, umbrella and lifr to insure somewhere else even if it costs more. Just the principle. All insurance comoanies are money first, customer serviice only if pushed.

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

from Galveston tx

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

15 years as a customer with zero claims and I get 2 cracked auto windows.....8 days later still not repaired??????????????....rude, arrogant, smug claims adjusters and so called claims experts. What a farce, disgraceful, pitiful. Windows still not fixed but new insurance company.......steer clear of State Farm.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY!

from Azle, Texas

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Good luck dealing with State Farm...you're gonna need it! The absolute worst experience I have had dealing with any insurance company. That's saying a lot because they ALL SUCK! One star rating is too good for this company, but had to rate to get the comments posted. Their commercial is stupid too! Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there...whatever!

Never again! Long term customers beware!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I had an auto policy with State Farm for more than 7 years, then a few years ago, I bought a new car, and got insurance for it, and cancelled the policy on my existing car after selling it later. Unknown to me, they canceled the new, not old car. One day my car was hit in a parking lot. When I made the claim, I discovered the error. They wouldn't pay out the claim without fully paying the back amount. It seems crummy but I was okay with that, and decided to pay for the damages out of pocket and just get the insurance switched to the new car; except they refused to apply the insurance without a full back payment of the "uncovered" period even without the claim. This was several years ago.
I also had a homeowner's policy with State Farm. Recently my home was vandalized and burglarized. They split the claim into two separate ones and charged me the deductible on both. Yesterday, I got a notice from State Farm that they would be dropping the policy on July 1 due to claim activity. The policy was 11 years old, in good standing, and the claims far less than what had been paid into it.
I called the agent, who talked to corporate, but they had made up their mind. Because they dropped me, my home is now considered high risk, which is driving my rates up. Not only did my home get vandalized and items stolen, but I also got screwed by State Farm.
This deplorable treatment of a long standing customer is reprehensible. I am not speaking from just one incident but multiple over a number of years, across different services and between multiple agents. The problems I have had weren't from an agent, but from State Farm as a corporation. To me, non-isolated incidents over a range of time are indicative of bad business practices, not unusual circumstances. I urge anyone who is looking for insurance or for any of the other services State Farm offers, to steer clear of them!

Terrible experience with Sate Farm

from Portlans, OR

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I was hit by a State Farm- insured driver. While my vehicle is being assessed Sate Farm sets me up with a rental for a period of 20 days. Then all of a sudden after only 11 days they call the rental company, not me, to say the rental period is over and all charges from that point are my responsibility. I call them to ask about it and they come up a flimsy explanation based on the timing and result of the assessment, which of course was NEVER communicated to me previously, only after the fact and the charges were on me.
I have a Rental Agreement assigned to me by Sate Farm for 20 days, but it did not matter, they just canceled it halfway and charges from that point.
The most untrustworthy and shady insurance company!

WOW MONEY HUNGRY COMPANY

from Pittsburgh, pa

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

To start off I have insurance for my home and car but looking for a new insurance company after this ordeal I am dealing with right now. There was an accident right in front of my home at 4in the morning April 10. The car hit the telephone pole and ripped my electric line and meter off of my house. The car is insured my state farm and the claims specialist Donna (no stating the last name) said that nothing that I turned into the insurance company proved that it caused the lines to be pulled off of my house. Just to state I submitted the police report that stated that it pulled my lines down and Duquesne light was called out. State Farm is there to take your money when you need them to Wright a wrong there policy is to deny, deny, deny.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

sucks insurance

from las vegas

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

they increase the prizes every while for no reason even with clean record costumer service was the worse stay away from this company