3.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (30), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (9)

I Love State Farm!

When I saw the commercials for State Farm and they said "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" I thought no insurance company is that good. But I was wrong! We switched to State Farm after I got into my first accident and it was cheaper than what we were paying before with our prior insurance company. They had great deals and low rates.

The staff at our agents location were excellent. When ever we would come in for anything they would stop whatever it was they were doing to help us and they made sure that they had taken care of and answered every question before we walked out the door. They also made us aware of all the different products they have without being a pushy sales person. We have along with our auto insurance, renters insurance, life insurance on both me and my husband, and personal articles insurance such as our wedding rings. And with all of that we are paying the same as we were when we were with our other company just having our one car insured.

The other thing that State Farm does that a lot of other insurance agents don't is that they offer dividends at the end of the year if the company has done well and didn't have an overage of claims in the previous year. We started our insurance in the middle of the year and the beginning of the next year we got a check from them! That was awesome.

And lastly our agent calls us every couple months to check in with us and to review our policy with us. I love that they do this because sometimes there are things that I want to change or add but don't always think to do it.

My husband and I love State Farm and we aren't planning on switching insurance company's any time soon.

what a corrupt company

Although this incident is not recent, it is typical of State Farm.  Two other State Farm insured home owners had the same experience we did with their roofs.We had roof damage from a hail storm, and all our neighbors who were not insured with State Farm received new roofs.  Since our neighborhood requires wood roofs, it is costly to replace them.  State Farm declared our roof could be repaired and not replaced.  Two different roofers told us it was too damaged to walk on in order to repair and needed to be replaced.  State Farm would not budge and insisted on a low dollar payment to have the roof "repaired."  We knew that was not accurate because we had several estimates to repair or replace the roof and all the companies agreed it needed to be replaced.  In fact, we could find no one who would agree to repair it.  Forced to take their low estimate, we paid 4 times what they gave us and had the roof replaced, but State Farm did not know we had done that.  After receiving the check for the "repair"  State Farm canceled our insurance because, according to their letter, "**our roof needed to be replaced**."  How can any legitimate company tell you something can be repaired and then cancel you because they refused to pay to have it replaced?  I've talked to people who are happy with the low premiums State Farm offers, but when I ask if they've had any experience, they always say no.  Insurance should be for the times you need it, not a fund to enrich State Farm.  We switched to Farmers and the agent told me that State Farm was a joke in the industry.  She told me when you drive down the street after a bad storm and see individual spots repaired on a roof instead of a new roof, you can always tell it's State Farm insured.

Love this insurance company

from Slippery Rock

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

They are professional and always polite. There app is easy to use as well. Locked my keys in the car while my car was running. The agent was quick to send someone out.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Statefarm is the worst insurance co.

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been dealing with statefarm for almost two weeks because one of their insurers hit me and they can't tell me a straight answer on the guys insurance. Telling me they don't know if he has the correct coverage. How can you not tell? You are the ones insuring him, how can you not know if he has the right coverage? I will never recommend Statefarm to anyone, horrible company.

Crooks

from United States

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I changed to another auto insurance company and cancelled my policy on the 9th with the customer service number WHOM i found out later, is just an ans svc. THEY DON'T WORK FOR STATE FARM. this lady was trying to talk me into keeping my state farm ins and she doesn't even work for them (they said). when i got my refund, it was 5 days short. i called MY agent to ask why they shorted me 5 days. she said oh, that wouldn't amount to much. she said they didn't get the info until the 13th so they cancelled it on the 14th. that's when i got told they're an ans svc. customer service made a comment in my file that i declined to be connected to my agent. that's not true. i wasn't asked and i wasn't told that was required. with the other ins co i returned to, i never had an agent and still don't, but when you cancel a policy with them, you email a copy of the new policy to them and you get fairly reimbursed. i asked her what would happen if i had a wreck? who would pay? she said my new insurance company. told her i paid 5 days for nothing. i had problems with the billing. i wasn't covered for 3 months and not notified, even though they have my email and a physical address. i get a cancellation notice, so i had to pay up three months to get it reinstated. THEN, i got a notice my drivers license was expired and to call them immediately. i had taken ins with them in 2007 when i lived in another state. this is 2017 what??? it's best to stay away from them. they had a 7 billion dollar loss and it wasn't because of hurricane harvey, irma, or fires in california. my increase was 70 for a 6 month policy and everybody got hit with that increase. they have no control over their paperwork and YOU are the one that suffers. when i talk to an ins co, i don't want an ans svc. obviously, they're having financial problems. there are lots of options, better companies out there.

Left client stranded

from Farmington Hills MI

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I just recently moved to MI and the laws in MI for auto insurance are very different than any other state. I was severely injured in my car accident and instead of State Farm helping me and guiding me through the after math of the auto accident I was challenged and had to research the rules and regulations on my own because State Farm did not have my best interests in mind. Since I was new to this process and to MI I simply asked for more documentation so that I could better understand what was happening with my vehicle. State Farm gave me those documents, but only after an argument or disagreement. This company should have been letting me focus on recovering from my injury from the accident not putting more gas on the fire. I am truly disgusted that the company told me that because I made the decision to ask for more documentation on my vehicle repairs that they would not exatend my rental vehicle. The claim specialist said that because of my choice to require a second estimate and a person from State Farm to look at the damage on my vehicle, I wasted time and therefore they refused to help me to the best of their ability. State Farm refused to be compassionate, caring and truly revealed their ugly true colors. After State Farm refused to extend my rental agreement until my car is fixed, I explained to the claims team expert that I will have no way of getting to physical therapy, no way to attend doctors appointments and no form of transportation to get to my MRI appointment for my back. This claim expert responded to my statement by telling I hope you feel better, after I expressed that if they take my means of transportation away I can't get better because I can not get to my appointments that are set to help me get better. I hope this post gets through to someone or when your shopping around for insurance take caution.

great!

from Sevierville TN

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Just opened an auto policy and had to hav roadside assistance for a flat i didnt hav the right tools for and they sent someone out right away.where im from when someone helps u out and are ther when u need them is a real friend. Thanx state farm!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

State Farm is an outright JOKE!!

from Dayton, Ohio

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Two months and 3 phone calls later to my State Farm Agent in Centerville, Ohio about my damaged roof and the missing shingles from a storm and the wood underneath that's getting wet. Promised to send someone 3 times and nothing. So disgusted with this lying company; " like a good neighbor".......I don't want any neighbors like that. Cancelling my insurance after 22 years as is my whole family.........

I would NEVER consider insuring my property with State Farm

from Richmond, VA

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

State Farm Home owners insurance can be a good thing. Until a tree falls on your neighbor's property that you thought was on both properties at the same time. Especially if your neighbor also has State Farm insurance. In my case, he told his agent that he had a survey that said the tree was on my property. But State Farm decided to put the charge on me because I didn't say I had a survey. They refused to ask him for documentation. Actually the law says that if the tree falls on your house your insurance has to pay even if the tree was on your neighbor's property. But State Farm paid no attention to any of that. I was stuck with the claim. Even though the neighbor had come to me and agreed that we would pay equally to have the tree cut down. Why would he do that if he had a survey that said the tree was on my property? After 3 years I was finally able to get out from under that and get new insurance from another company. But State Farm's refusal to ask my neighbor for documentation of the survey, and lack of acceptance of the law that places the fault on the owner of the property harmed was a killer for me. Never again will I consider insuring with State Farm!

Very happy.

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Have homeowners, auto, boat, and had renters. Through comparing with other companies they are always cheaper- by a lot! Recently our basment flooded and we had an adjuster come out right away. She was very professional. The claim was handled quickly and the check for repairs was received with no delay. Our claim specialist was also very friendly and professional. Also assisted with all additional request.

Love my State Farm Agent

from Harrison, Ohio

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Again, you need another choice for 'affiliation'. Or I am not reading that one right. My agent, Tom Brum, is the best. He is so easy to deal with. Always available, his office staff is awesome and he always remembers me even if I have not talked to him for a year or two. Thank you Tom Brum!

Will Cancel Your Policy and NOT TELL YOU!

from Gasport, NY

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

My husband and I purchased our first home in January of 2017, I have been a life long State Farm customer with my auto insurance so I applied for a homeowner's insurance policy as I had always thought State Farm to be reliable and fair, specifically the agency I dealt with The Becky Thompson Agency.
We were approved for our policy and the closing on our home went smoothly. In April of 2017 I called to get my husband a quote on car insurance and was told that our homeowner's was cancelled back in January "are you aware of this?", which we certainly were not! Turns out they cancelled our policy due to the condition of the barn behind our house (which as an aside we are going to be demolishing anyways) and our insurance ended in March of 2017.
We received no notification of this cancellation, nor did our mortgage company. No letters were sent nor were any calls made. In early April we had a massive windstorm that caused damage to many homes surrounding us, all the while we had no insurance! I fully understand that State Farm is within their rights to cancel the policy within 60 days, that is their choice. My complaint lies with the lack of notification. I have filed a complaint with NYS on this matter but was sent a phony letter that State Farm allegedly sent us. State Farm also claims to have notified our mortgage company but find that difficult to believe as the mortgage company would have contacted us to demand we obtain coverage. Our agent at State Farm actually admitted we were not notified!
Bottom line do not get insurance with this company as they do not have the decency to even notify you of a problem or to admit fault in their actions. Highly disappointed State Farm can not admit they did wrong.