3.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (30), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (11)

I Love State Farm!

When I saw the commercials for State Farm and they said "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" I thought no insurance company is that good. But I was wrong! We switched to State Farm after I got into my first accident and it was cheaper than what we were paying before with our prior insurance company. They had great deals and low rates.

The staff at our agents location were excellent. When ever we would come in for anything they would stop whatever it was they were doing to help us and they made sure that they had taken care of and answered every question before we walked out the door. They also made us aware of all the different products they have without being a pushy sales person. We have along with our auto insurance, renters insurance, life insurance on both me and my husband, and personal articles insurance such as our wedding rings. And with all of that we are paying the same as we were when we were with our other company just having our one car insured.

The other thing that State Farm does that a lot of other insurance agents don't is that they offer dividends at the end of the year if the company has done well and didn't have an overage of claims in the previous year. We started our insurance in the middle of the year and the beginning of the next year we got a check from them! That was awesome.

And lastly our agent calls us every couple months to check in with us and to review our policy with us. I love that they do this because sometimes there are things that I want to change or add but don't always think to do it.

My husband and I love State Farm and we aren't planning on switching insurance company's any time soon.

what a corrupt company

Although this incident is not recent, it is typical of State Farm.  Two other State Farm insured home owners had the same experience we did with their roofs.We had roof damage from a hail storm, and all our neighbors who were not insured with State Farm received new roofs.  Since our neighborhood requires wood roofs, it is costly to replace them.  State Farm declared our roof could be repaired and not replaced.  Two different roofers told us it was too damaged to walk on in order to repair and needed to be replaced.  State Farm would not budge and insisted on a low dollar payment to have the roof "repaired."  We knew that was not accurate because we had several estimates to repair or replace the roof and all the companies agreed it needed to be replaced.  In fact, we could find no one who would agree to repair it.  Forced to take their low estimate, we paid 4 times what they gave us and had the roof replaced, but State Farm did not know we had done that.  After receiving the check for the "repair"  State Farm canceled our insurance because, according to their letter, "**our roof needed to be replaced**."  How can any legitimate company tell you something can be repaired and then cancel you because they refused to pay to have it replaced?  I've talked to people who are happy with the low premiums State Farm offers, but when I ask if they've had any experience, they always say no.  Insurance should be for the times you need it, not a fund to enrich State Farm.  We switched to Farmers and the agent told me that State Farm was a joke in the industry.  She told me when you drive down the street after a bad storm and see individual spots repaired on a roof instead of a new roof, you can always tell it's State Farm insured.

It all depends on your agent

from Ohio

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been with State Farm for over 20 years. I have been very happy with them. But our agent has now retired, I've not been happy with these changes since now there is not any relationship with the new agent. I could call them and they would be right on it. Now I have to jump through hoops to do any thing. Other than that the company itself has been pretty good with taking care of payments for accidents. Hopefully it stays the same with the new agent.

Great Company.. Glad I changed

from Monroe NC

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I left Nationwide after 20+ plus years because of rates. We had some damage from hurricane Florence and State Farm handled our claim quickly and paid for all the damages.
Glad we switched

I love them

from Toledo oh

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been using them for many years now and never had an issue they are very kind and helping in the time of need

Fool Me Once

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been with State Farm Insurance good or bad for over 30 years. My current house has been covered since 1997 by them. The only claim made was a grease fire in January of this year which cost around $6,000.00. Consider my surprise when I received a notice now cancelling my home owners insurance due to that one claim. I may be wrong, but apparently this is not a company that is looking beyond the bottom line. I am not sure what the trigger was for this, since one claim seems a bit of over kill. Maybe due to the fact that I have really had no major claims in all these years, I did not realize how bad of a company State Farm was. So now I research new home owners insurance and my auto will move also. It will cost me to move the auto insurance, but peace of mind is more important. Please share my message to hopefully help others.

We will be leaving State Farm.

from Lower Merion PA

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

We have used State Farm for over 30 years. We filed our first car claim and St. Farm denied it having no proof saying it was our word against the other driver. After the driver backed into my son's car she sat and waited while he got out of the car. She then gave him her D.L which he took a picture of. She then denied to St. Farm that she hit him. St. Farm refuses to explain why she would wait for my son and then give him her info if she hadn't hit him. They will not give us info on the damage on her car and my son's car to show that it couldn't have come from the accident. After many years paying St. Farm we are really disappointed that they have done so little to investigate. We will be moving to a different insurance company. The big shame is that our agent is great. It is useless, however, to have a great agent if he is not backed up by the company.

State Farm is the WORST!!!!!

from Las Vegas NV

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Let's start with switching to State Farm was supposed to save me money, instead it's costing me over $500.00. I switched policies because the Perry Olsen offered me a lower rate on my auto insurance. I thought it was weird that they said I had to get life insurance on my daughter in order to get a discount but I went with it. They were supposed to have me set up with Home Owners, Auto and for some reason a life insurance policy for my daughter....I got a letter stating that my mortgage hasn't received insurance info from my carrier. When I called their 1-800 number the guy said I didn't have Home Owners with them. Then I found out they canceled my under insured motorists clause on my policy.

The billing amount is inconsistent and the date my account was debited is inconsistent. So I'm set to pay around $300.00 per month and then I get a bill for over $520.00. I tried calling the agent but they were closed so I left a message for them to call me back to discuss the bill. They never called...but I was offered a lower insurance quote with everything the prior insurance covered and more for LESS, so I went with the new insurance company. Since the State Farm bill was due on June the 28th, I canceled my policy on June 21st. Then on July 1st my account was debited my account for the over $520.00 amount.

Now they are telling me that they only owed me $70.00...

I now know why I don't use State Farm Insurance and the Perry Olsen Agency

All about money and not a caring company anymore

from Merritt island fl.

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have had State Farm for all my 53 years of life. My dad and mom gave State Farm business growing up. So first to drop Florida and then drop me after many years of accident free and then 2 very minor accidents that did not involve anyone else and a 3rd that required no hospitalization. Where is the slogan "State Farm is There!! ". Now all 4 cars of ours will need to be transferred and an umbrella policy. I am just so disappointed in State Farm corporate greed. My agent fought for me but corporate greed won in the end.

Love this insurance company

from Slippery Rock

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

They are professional and always polite. There app is easy to use as well. Locked my keys in the car while my car was running. The agent was quick to send someone out.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Statefarm is the worst insurance co.

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been dealing with statefarm for almost two weeks because one of their insurers hit me and they can't tell me a straight answer on the guys insurance. Telling me they don't know if he has the correct coverage. How can you not tell? You are the ones insuring him, how can you not know if he has the right coverage? I will never recommend Statefarm to anyone, horrible company.

Crooks

from United States

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I changed to another auto insurance company and cancelled my policy on the 9th with the customer service number WHOM i found out later, is just an ans svc. THEY DON'T WORK FOR STATE FARM. this lady was trying to talk me into keeping my state farm ins and she doesn't even work for them (they said). when i got my refund, it was 5 days short. i called MY agent to ask why they shorted me 5 days. she said oh, that wouldn't amount to much. she said they didn't get the info until the 13th so they cancelled it on the 14th. that's when i got told they're an ans svc. customer service made a comment in my file that i declined to be connected to my agent. that's not true. i wasn't asked and i wasn't told that was required. with the other ins co i returned to, i never had an agent and still don't, but when you cancel a policy with them, you email a copy of the new policy to them and you get fairly reimbursed. i asked her what would happen if i had a wreck? who would pay? she said my new insurance company. told her i paid 5 days for nothing. i had problems with the billing. i wasn't covered for 3 months and not notified, even though they have my email and a physical address. i get a cancellation notice, so i had to pay up three months to get it reinstated. THEN, i got a notice my drivers license was expired and to call them immediately. i had taken ins with them in 2007 when i lived in another state. this is 2017 what??? it's best to stay away from them. they had a 7 billion dollar loss and it wasn't because of hurricane harvey, irma, or fires in california. my increase was 70 for a 6 month policy and everybody got hit with that increase. they have no control over their paperwork and YOU are the one that suffers. when i talk to an ins co, i don't want an ans svc. obviously, they're having financial problems. there are lots of options, better companies out there.