3.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (29), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

I Love State Farm!

When I saw the commercials for State Farm and they said "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" I thought no insurance company is that good. But I was wrong! We switched to State Farm after I got into my first accident and it was cheaper than what we were paying before with our prior insurance company. They had great deals and low rates.

The staff at our agents location were excellent. When ever we would come in for anything they would stop whatever it was they were doing to help us and they made sure that they had taken care of and answered every question before we walked out the door. They also made us aware of all the different products they have without being a pushy sales person. We have along with our auto insurance, renters insurance, life insurance on both me and my husband, and personal articles insurance such as our wedding rings. And with all of that we are paying the same as we were when we were with our other company just having our one car insured.

The other thing that State Farm does that a lot of other insurance agents don't is that they offer dividends at the end of the year if the company has done well and didn't have an overage of claims in the previous year. We started our insurance in the middle of the year and the beginning of the next year we got a check from them! That was awesome.

And lastly our agent calls us every couple months to check in with us and to review our policy with us. I love that they do this because sometimes there are things that I want to change or add but don't always think to do it.

My husband and I love State Farm and we aren't planning on switching insurance company's any time soon.

what a corrupt company

Although this incident is not recent, it is typical of State Farm.  Two other State Farm insured home owners had the same experience we did with their roofs.We had roof damage from a hail storm, and all our neighbors who were not insured with State Farm received new roofs.  Since our neighborhood requires wood roofs, it is costly to replace them.  State Farm declared our roof could be repaired and not replaced.  Two different roofers told us it was too damaged to walk on in order to repair and needed to be replaced.  State Farm would not budge and insisted on a low dollar payment to have the roof "repaired."  We knew that was not accurate because we had several estimates to repair or replace the roof and all the companies agreed it needed to be replaced.  In fact, we could find no one who would agree to repair it.  Forced to take their low estimate, we paid 4 times what they gave us and had the roof replaced, but State Farm did not know we had done that.  After receiving the check for the "repair"  State Farm canceled our insurance because, according to their letter, "**our roof needed to be replaced**."  How can any legitimate company tell you something can be repaired and then cancel you because they refused to pay to have it replaced?  I've talked to people who are happy with the low premiums State Farm offers, but when I ask if they've had any experience, they always say no.  Insurance should be for the times you need it, not a fund to enrich State Farm.  We switched to Farmers and the agent told me that State Farm was a joke in the industry.  She told me when you drive down the street after a bad storm and see individual spots repaired on a roof instead of a new roof, you can always tell it's State Farm insured.

State Farm is an outright JOKE!!

from Dayton, Ohio

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Two months and 3 phone calls later to my State Farm Agent in Centerville, Ohio about my damaged roof and the missing shingles from a storm and the wood underneath that's getting wet. Promised to send someone 3 times and nothing. So disgusted with this lying company; " like a good neighbor".......I don't want any neighbors like that. Cancelling my insurance after 22 years as is my whole family.........

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would NEVER consider insuring my property with State Farm

from Richmond, VA

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

State Farm Home owners insurance can be a good thing. Until a tree falls on your neighbor's property that you thought was on both properties at the same time. Especially if your neighbor also has State Farm insurance. In my case, he told his agent that he had a survey that said the tree was on my property. But State Farm decided to put the charge on me because I didn't say I had a survey. They refused to ask him for documentation. Actually the law says that if the tree falls on your house your insurance has to pay even if the tree was on your neighbor's property. But State Farm paid no attention to any of that. I was stuck with the claim. Even though the neighbor had come to me and agreed that we would pay equally to have the tree cut down. Why would he do that if he had a survey that said the tree was on my property? After 3 years I was finally able to get out from under that and get new insurance from another company. But State Farm's refusal to ask my neighbor for documentation of the survey, and lack of acceptance of the law that places the fault on the owner of the property harmed was a killer for me. Never again will I consider insuring with State Farm!

Very happy.

from Londonderry, NH

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Have homeowners, auto, boat, and had renters. Through comparing with other companies they are always cheaper- by a lot! Recently our basment flooded and we had an adjuster come out right away. She was very professional. The claim was handled quickly and the check for repairs was received with no delay. Our claim specialist was also very friendly and professional. Also assisted with all additional request.

Love my State Farm Agent

from Harrison, Ohio

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Again, you need another choice for 'affiliation'. Or I am not reading that one right. My agent, Tom Brum, is the best. He is so easy to deal with. Always available, his office staff is awesome and he always remembers me even if I have not talked to him for a year or two. Thank you Tom Brum!

Will Cancel Your Policy and NOT TELL YOU!

from Gasport, NY

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

My husband and I purchased our first home in January of 2017, I have been a life long State Farm customer with my auto insurance so I applied for a homeowner's insurance policy as I had always thought State Farm to be reliable and fair, specifically the agency I dealt with The Becky Thompson Agency.
We were approved for our policy and the closing on our home went smoothly. In April of 2017 I called to get my husband a quote on car insurance and was told that our homeowner's was cancelled back in January "are you aware of this?", which we certainly were not! Turns out they cancelled our policy due to the condition of the barn behind our house (which as an aside we are going to be demolishing anyways) and our insurance ended in March of 2017.
We received no notification of this cancellation, nor did our mortgage company. No letters were sent nor were any calls made. In early April we had a massive windstorm that caused damage to many homes surrounding us, all the while we had no insurance! I fully understand that State Farm is within their rights to cancel the policy within 60 days, that is their choice. My complaint lies with the lack of notification. I have filed a complaint with NYS on this matter but was sent a phony letter that State Farm allegedly sent us. State Farm also claims to have notified our mortgage company but find that difficult to believe as the mortgage company would have contacted us to demand we obtain coverage. Our agent at State Farm actually admitted we were not notified!
Bottom line do not get insurance with this company as they do not have the decency to even notify you of a problem or to admit fault in their actions. Highly disappointed State Farm can not admit they did wrong.

with State Farm you don't get what you pay for

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

After 15 years of paying my premiums faithfully, I had an issue with my Landlord with a possible Renter's Claim. My Agency told me that there maybe no coverage, however state Farm would assist me with legal representation, however i would have to file a claim I did so and was told SORRY, No Coverage and No Assistance. Then last week, I was T-Boned with severe auto damage-total parts replacement, as repairs were not an option. My Insurance Co, State Farm paid for the Repairs and recovered from the other's insurance whom was at fault 100%, then stopped paying my Medical claims once they reached over $1,000, now they want a complete investigation some 45 days after the accident date, because they failed to ask for my statement (which I gave) be recorded. State Farm is trying to renig on coverage based on my (Non-Compliance), however, I had fulfilled every and all of my obligations and due Diligence. State Farm, in my opinion, clearly is your friend-until the End, then they become your enemy, so to not to pay on their obligated coverage/s. My claim was escalated unnecessarily without any request for information by anyone and was totally uncalled for. Even afterwards of submitting supporting documentation, they wouldn't back down, in order to save face and in my opinion job security for their other departments. State Farm is CLEARLY by my factual data, not your Ally in the end when you need them the most and the reason why we (responsible consumers) pay for insurance.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It's Okay

from tx

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

State Farm offers many different services such as life insurance, homeowners insurance, investments, and car insurance. I only know about the car insurance. They are my current insurance company and it's not the best. I have had State Farm's car insurance for two years now and the price seems to be constantly rising. My monthly premium also varies every month. These two factors are very annoying to me. I have even taken off cars of my insurance and you'd assume the price would drop. Nope, instead the price went up hen I removed a car. When I don't remove or add a car my price drops then goes back up. Just this month I got a bill in for $190 then a week later got another bill and it went up to $201, I didn't change anything on my insurance. I will be switching as soon as possible. My cousin had car insurance with them, she had a accident with them and instead of the insurance company taking care of everything they claimed she didn't have any insurance. She paid it every month and had current insurance cards. My aunt and uncle's car was totaled out and it took them 6 months to send them a check. And my Aunt had to constantly call the adjuster, whom was very rude.

READ YOUR POLICY

from Utah

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

Our son and daughter live with us and they have State Farm Ins. In December our daughter-in-law accidentally run through the garage door and took out the front of our motorhome. They called State Farm. Well GUESS WHAT. STATE FARM DOES NOT PAY ON A CLAIM WHEN BOTH PARTIES LIVE IN THE SAME RESIDENCE. If your spouse runs into your car in the driveway, the State Farm Ins on the spouse's car pays for that car, $500 deductible; the State Farm Ins on your car pays for your car, $500 deductible; if this causes damage to your home its $500 deductible for your homeowners ins. CHECK IT OUT! There is a clause on page 4 or 5 of your policy in the third or fourth sub-paragraph, down from all other disclaimers in one sentence that relieves them of responsibility.

Like a good neighbor, State Farm doesn't care.

from Houston, Texas

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

I have been insured with this company for a pretty long time. I've had the same local agent for the last 4 years. I've never been in an accident, and was very shocked when I was. The commercials would make you believe that your agent will come to your rescue, and that is not the case. You will actually sit on hold to talk to someone in a call center, just like Jimmy had to in the commercial. Your local agent can't help you with any issues you may have, even when the towing company loses your vehicle. The entire process is not seamless and quite frankly makes me want to leave them. I don't feel like this company is operating with integrity and I would rather give my money to someone else.

Totally dissatisfied

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about State Farm Insurance:

About a month ago I was rear-ended by a State Farm policy holder, and was without my car for 3 weeks...she admittedly was distracted. Since she was at fault the repairs were covered by State Farm. However, within a week my car was back in the shop. According to you, STATE FARM, this could not be attributed to the accident. Since the second incident was also located near the rear of the vehicle, and the rate of speed in which the other car impacted mine I do not understand how this could be so!