3.3

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (17), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Best Insurance

I've been with Allstate insurance for over 5 years & have always been treated well.  The 1 time I've had to file a claim, it was handled as quickly as possible.  The claims adjuster kept us informed by phone as well as with a letter back-up.  I've found them to always  fair.  . I  have vehicle as well as rental insurance.

We Were Not In Good Hands, Can I Rate 0 Stars?

My husband and I had been Allstate customers for about 15 years. When we first got married they had the best rates and we just stuck with them through the years. Every so often, I would check rates and they either couldn't be beat or was so close that is wasn't worth the bother to switch.Then the day came when my husband was involved in an auto accident. It was his fault. The car in front of him took off and then slammed on his brakes. My husband rear ended him. He was written up as being at fault since he hit the other car from behind. No problem, we have good insurance. He filed his claim and was told that we didn't have auto insurance there any longer. What? We mailed our quarterly payment off on time and there was plenty of time for it to have arrived. But our agent said the check had never arrived and we weren't covered for the accident. So much for having this same agent for 15 years. My husband didn't have many nice things to say to him and we took our business elsewhere. Now fast forward 2 years. I receive a letter in the mail that we have "unclaimed" money in the State Treasurer in our name. We had no idea what this could be from. I filled out the paperwork to claim the "unclaimed" money and guess what it was? It was a check from Allstate refunding our insurance premium. Now why wasn't this sent to my home address that they had on file for 15 years? And why are they refunding money that they claimed they never received? Can I say that my husband was livid? I'm not saying that all agents are bad, but it was obvious that our agent was a liar.  I hope after reading this story you will think again when you hear, "Your In Good Hands With AllState". becuase they totally ripped us off and refused to pay a claim that they should have. This agent lied. If that is the way AllState does business, I don't want any part of it.

NEVER would go to them again

from Houston, Tx

Comments about Allstate:

After being with Allstate for just a short period of time, I would never recommend them to anyone. They have pulled money out of my account after they were told not to, and I was promised the money back, and BIG shocker, but that never happened. They have done this 4 different times. They can never give me a direct quote on the cars I have insured. And when I told them I would no longer be purchasing insurance with them anymore, they pulled an extra $215.00 out of my account on top of what my insurance normally is. Some of the people who work for them are very nice and try to be understanding, but overall the company just sucks.

robbed again by allstate

from Chardon OH

Comments about Allstate:

After suffering a robbery of our home, Allstate all but slapped us in the face and basically we felt completely robbed again. 10K of items stolen, including a safe which held a diamond ring with an official appraisal which we had photos of. Not only did Allstate take 3 months to respond to the claim, they came back with a $354.00 check. It was literally surreal. They claimed we needed to list all our items with them or they are not covered. Also if someone is living there for 5 years with proof, but is not on the actual deed, then nothing they owned is covered at all!!! It was the most horrific experience to be violated and then to get completely violated again by the people you pay to protect you. The worst company ever, total scam. This whole ordeal has left me sick to my stomach.

If I could use a negative number I would

from Austin texas

Comments about Allstate:

I hate this company more than I could ever say

I believe I AM in good hands

from ohio

Comments about Allstate:

My family has held auto, life, home and renters insurances with Allstate and I have never had any issues with any of them. I have on multiple occasions requested quotes from other companies and so far no other company has been able to match, let alone, lower my rates. I have used their roadside assistance plan when I had an accident on the interstate hundreds of miles away from home. It was late when I called, but they had a tow truck on the way to me immediately. Everything was taken care of and arranged for me. I was so thankful.We have lived in three states and therefore have dealt with multiple agents. The quality of customer service I have received has been the same at every office. I am very happy with this company as a whole.

Worst Customer Service!

from MN

Comments about Allstate:

Worst customer service ever! Anyone considering Allstate, do yourself a favor and go to Progressive!!

DO NOT GO WITH ALLSTATE

from Monterey, CA

Comments about Allstate:

When i first signed up with Allstate, it was fairly good price. BUT YEAR AFTER YEAR they raise the rates. Even with good driver and four other discounts. FORGET ALLSTATE AND MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Do not recommend

from Sayville NY

Comments about Allstate:

Increase your premium constantly.

Rip you off been with all state more then 35 years

from Bloomington, in

Comments about Allstate:

Been with all state over 35 years .... Was late sending in payment they charged a $900 dollar late fee ..... Never a notice it was late and so many days to pay just flat out $900 dollars .... We will be taking everything out and moving companies .... So if you are with all state be very carful on being late ... It was a 93 year old lady they did this to ... Shame on them (my grandma)

Allstate Local Office Wellington, FL

from Loxahatchee, FL

Comments about Allstate:

I switched to Allstate from Geico a few years ago. I have to say the service is much better than what I was used to. I had been a Geico customer for 20+ years My parents had Geico and I was on their policy and when I was old enough to get my own car insurance I was given a plan off of their plan. For a while the prices seemed acceptable and as the years went by the prices increased significantly and I was forced to switch. I was given the number for a local Allstate Agent from a friend. I used them for my house insurance company in the beginning and then eventually switched my cars over to Allstate as well. I really have no complaints with them. They are considerate when I call with questions and even work with me to get the best rate. They lowered my car insurance to just under 50% of what I was paying with Geico and even helped me get a refund. They are amazing.

Allstate is the worst.

from Texas

Comments about Allstate:

Dealing with Allstate claim center after you have had to file a claim is like having a root canal without anesthesia . Once Allstate give you their quote don't bother trying to negotiate with them. Even if the repairs cost more than the Allstate estimate, forget about it. They will not negotiate with you or the contractor. I have been a Allstate customer for over 20 years with life, auto and home policies. Allstate loves you until you file a claim. They treat you like the bad guy, like it was your fault that hail damaged your home and car. My best advice is to stay away from Allstate. They will take your premiums but not take care of you when you have to file a claim