3.2

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (22), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

Best Insurance

I've been with Allstate insurance for over 5 years & have always been treated well.  The 1 time I've had to file a claim, it was handled as quickly as possible.  The claims adjuster kept us informed by phone as well as with a letter back-up.  I've found them to always  fair.  . I  have vehicle as well as rental insurance.

We Were Not In Good Hands, Can I Rate 0 Stars?

My husband and I had been Allstate customers for about 15 years. When we first got married they had the best rates and we just stuck with them through the years. Every so often, I would check rates and they either couldn't be beat or was so close that is wasn't worth the bother to switch.Then the day came when my husband was involved in an auto accident. It was his fault. The car in front of him took off and then slammed on his brakes. My husband rear ended him. He was written up as being at fault since he hit the other car from behind. No problem, we have good insurance. He filed his claim and was told that we didn't have auto insurance there any longer. What? We mailed our quarterly payment off on time and there was plenty of time for it to have arrived. But our agent said the check had never arrived and we weren't covered for the accident. So much for having this same agent for 15 years. My husband didn't have many nice things to say to him and we took our business elsewhere. Now fast forward 2 years. I receive a letter in the mail that we have "unclaimed" money in the State Treasurer in our name. We had no idea what this could be from. I filled out the paperwork to claim the "unclaimed" money and guess what it was? It was a check from Allstate refunding our insurance premium. Now why wasn't this sent to my home address that they had on file for 15 years? And why are they refunding money that they claimed they never received? Can I say that my husband was livid? I'm not saying that all agents are bad, but it was obvious that our agent was a liar.  I hope after reading this story you will think again when you hear, "Your In Good Hands With AllState". becuase they totally ripped us off and refused to pay a claim that they should have. This agent lied. If that is the way AllState does business, I don't want any part of it.

Bonus drive

from Macomb

Comments about Allstate:

Allstate I went to went through BONUS DRIVE its a catch I did not recieve anything but a to bad so sad right nothing is free

ALLSTATE SCREWED ME OVER WITH HARVEY

from Texas

Comments about Allstate:

I am a customer of a home owner policy from Allstate. Unfortunately, I was hit by HurricanE Harvey and my roof was totaled. All state personnel had led me to believe that my roof would be covered in such an event. Instead, my policy was based on a cash value premise, meaning that my roof was considered older and only worth 40 cents on the dollars. Combined with my deductible, Allstate basically did not pay but only a few hundred dollars on my new $10,000 roof. Basically, Allstate sells inferior insurance policies which have coverage gaps that you can drive a truck through. I spoke with 1/2 dozen Allstaters up the chain of command. All I heard was how sorry they were. That did not pay the bill. So much for the "good hands people". When you see these guys coming for you with their good hands, hide your wallets. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN. I WOULD GIVE THEM ZERO STARS IF I COULD. BUYER BEWARE.

DO NOT USE!

from Omaha, Nebraska

Comments about Allstate:

I would rate them 0 stars if I could. This company is the biggest headache when it comes to claims. NEVER use them. There are FAR BETTER companies that have better coverage for less than the price of allstate. Terrible company, terrible claims process, terrible everything. I'm 6 months into a claim still waiting for payments. Reported to the state insurance board

rental insurance house inspection

from Greensboro ga

Comments about Allstate:

I have rental insurance for my property.Allstate sent out an inspector to check house.Allstate said I had to fix certain parts of house to renew policy.Or they said to call about my options when I get it fix.The problem is they have not sent list of what is wrong.I do not have much time to fix problem.They waited about 2 months before nenew.This is my worst time for I am on long hours at work They need to let me know what is needed of me since I do my own repairs.The company that done thewalk around seems to be the only one to have report.Allstate can do a better job and should.Asking to fix something and they do not even know what I need to fix.

No help at all

from A city

Comments about Allstate:

The roof at my apt complex fell in and then my ceiling fell in on all my stuff in the bedroom my bed is gone the night stand dresser tv stand my radio cd player the game system and all they want to pay for is the dresser night and bed nothing else om confused!!!!!!

Cancelation

from Salt lake city

Comments about Allstate:

Hancock allstate really bad customer service, allways I end up paying more that the original amount that we agree

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

One of the best I will bye it again and again

from KSA

Comments about Allstate:

I used many times it's very easy and good thank you for your items

my morocycle policy

from new hampshire.

Comments about Allstate:

i taking my loose with this company the worse insurance I ever have ,don't recoment o any one is the worse..

NEVER would go to them again

from Houston, Tx

Comments about Allstate:

After being with Allstate for just a short period of time, I would never recommend them to anyone. They have pulled money out of my account after they were told not to, and I was promised the money back, and BIG shocker, but that never happened. They have done this 4 different times. They can never give me a direct quote on the cars I have insured. And when I told them I would no longer be purchasing insurance with them anymore, they pulled an extra $215.00 out of my account on top of what my insurance normally is. Some of the people who work for them are very nice and try to be understanding, but overall the company just sucks.

robbed again by allstate

from Chardon OH

Comments about Allstate:

After suffering a robbery of our home, Allstate all but slapped us in the face and basically we felt completely robbed again. 10K of items stolen, including a safe which held a diamond ring with an official appraisal which we had photos of. Not only did Allstate take 3 months to respond to the claim, they came back with a $354.00 check. It was literally surreal. They claimed we needed to list all our items with them or they are not covered. Also if someone is living there for 5 years with proof, but is not on the actual deed, then nothing they owned is covered at all!!! It was the most horrific experience to be violated and then to get completely violated again by the people you pay to protect you. The worst company ever, total scam. This whole ordeal has left me sick to my stomach.