3.3

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (15), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Best Insurance

I've been with Allstate insurance for over 5 years & have always been treated well.  The 1 time I've had to file a claim, it was handled as quickly as possible.  The claims adjuster kept us informed by phone as well as with a letter back-up.  I've found them to always  fair.  . I  have vehicle as well as rental insurance.

Overpriced even after 24 years of continuous coverage

Details and Support of my Review**PROS**: multi-car discounts, long-term customer discounts, good driver discounts, safety features discounts, some (not all) claims are easy.**CONS**: *HIGH COST*, Agents are not on the ball, rude agents, agents that don't care about the customer, company itself doesn't support customer complaints against agent, apparent sexist attitude about drivers, slow to respond to correspondence, auto-payment does not ensure payment of premium, agent doesn't follow up to prevent problems with loss of insurance, gives you the cheapest limits available in your area (yet they don't tell you).**Recommendations**: only after comparing all other insurance companies to make sure there are none that are cheaper for your needs.  Be aware that the agents are just a person who sits in an office and doesn't really do much for you.  He/she doesn't check to see what s/he could do to make your insurance cheaper, s/he doesn't check with you to make sure nothing has changed for your needs, s/he doesn't make sure you have the best coverage, s/he gives you the lowest of everything that the state will allow, just to give you cheap coverage and make it look like you are getting insured for less; only s/he doesn't tell you that s/he has done so (we found this out when we changed insurance companies and were told we were under-insured for the amount of property we owned). Their agents don't seem to be concerned about your best interest, only their pockets.***Some will call this fluff; others will be able to get a better picture***Our StoryWhen I moved from California in 1985 I had AAA insurance.  When I arrived in Pennsylvania, they did not have AAA.  So, the search was on for an insurance company.  I called every company I could to get comparisons.  Allstate was the only one that *seemed* within reason for price in this area, and it was **$900 more** per year for the same coverage that I had in California - Yikes!As the years passed, I learned a number of things about Allstate.  First, when my husband and I were married we thought our rates would go down - they didn't, they stayed the same.  What did happen when we changed to one policy though, was that they took my car, which was in my name and switched my car to having him as the primary driver (I had insurance with them for 5 years before we were married and combined our insurance).  What?  I called them up to inform them of their mistake, and let them know that I was concerned that since I was the primary driver if there was a problem, then I wanted to make sure they had the right driver.  The agent (Mr. Worthless) was RUDE, and said it didn't matter who drove the car, so who cares whose name is the primary driver.  Well, uhhhh...me.  I was insured before why would you change that?  The conversation did not go well and needless to say, we called Allstate and asked for a new agent.  Allstate refused saying that they don't switch agents just because customers ask for a new agent and don't get along - that it's not fair to the agents.  What?  That's ridiculous - you mean you would rather lose a customer?  I didn't say that, but after that conversation, I hung up and again called around for insurance companies - I found that we were getting the long term customer rates and most of the other companies could not give us the rates we were currently paying, so we were stuck. :(Claim - NOT!  My husband was driving on the turn-pike, a person tried to make three lanes out of two and side-swiped the entire length of my husbands car.  We called Mr. Worthless Agent only to be told, can't help you - you don't have that kind of coverage.  What, this was a hit and run he had the license, what do you mean you won't pursue this?  What is the point of paying under-insured/non-insured fees when you do nothing?  Fortunately, soon we moved, so I again called the company and asked for a new agent, this time being wise and not mentioning what a loser the agent was, but that there was an agent much closer to us and that it was now inconvenient to have to go to Mr. Worthless, so could we switch to New Mr. Impersonal.  They allowed the switch this time.Claim - Yes! My husband doesn't seem to have much luck with cars.  Since my car was older than his, he took my car because he was going out of town and didn't want to leave his new car at the airport.  On the way home though, he fought a deer and the deer won.  Poor deer, poor car.  We took my car to be repaired, they called the insurance company; the insurance company totaled my car. :(  They said the repairs cost as much as the total worth of the car, so they paid us what the car was worth and called it totaled.  It was enough to get another used vehicle with some additional funds.  Our insurance did NOT go up with this claim.  At this point we had been customers with Allstate 20 years.Switched to AUTO payment.  First, payment done manually to set up the process.  The next year we received a notice that we had not paid our insurance premium and were about to be canceled.  What?  I'm on AUTO payment - how can you cancel someone on auto-payment?  We have been customers for 20 years and have always paid the full insurance premium on time, didn't they think to ask what is up?  Apparently they coded the wrong numbers in the account and so the payment did not go through.  Okay, then what's the point in having an agent?  Shouldn't he have PREVENTED this kind of thing from happening?  Shouldn't he have called and say there seems to be a problem with your auto payment, let's fix it so you don't lose your insurance?  That's just not right.  I also notice the same thing with this agent as the last one - everything is in my husband's name, including my car.  They had me listed on the car that we say we drive 2 times per year, but the other 2 cars, that are driven full time to work and back by each of us, they have both of those in his name.  Hey, what's up with that?  How can he be the primary driver of the two most driven cars, but the car that is driven 8 times a year is me (I do go to work daily)?  I called to let them know of their mistake.  Agent's response, "Well, he is older than you, so it's cheaper."  Yeah, so what, I'm over 35 years old and have been driving since the day I turned 16, my experience should be a factor in my insurance at this point, and my age should not really be relevant since I'm way past teens and 20's.  Besides, I'm the one who has NEVER made any claims.  He did change it, our insurance did NOT go up as he suggested it would, so this seems a sexist ploy more than a savings activity.  We did get the payment made and did prevent loss of insurance, but we shouldn't have had the scare since we were on auto-payment.We also had a glass claim (apparently the Car Gods think my husband needs frequent testing, LOL).  A large rock broke his windshield.  They were very good about the claim.  No issues.Eventually, AAA was finally available in our area, so I checked the rates again.  There would be a SAVINGS of over $1,600.00 per year.  Did I switch?  You betcha!  No more husband's name on on the cars, no more extra payments, no more impersonal insurance agent.

DO NOT GO WITH ALLSTATE

from Monterey, CA

Comments about Allstate:

When i first signed up with Allstate, it was fairly good price. BUT YEAR AFTER YEAR they raise the rates. Even with good driver and four other discounts. FORGET ALLSTATE AND MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE.

Do not recommend

from Sayville NY

Comments about Allstate:

Increase your premium constantly.

Rip you off been with all state more then 35 years

from Bloomington, in

Comments about Allstate:

Been with all state over 35 years .... Was late sending in payment they charged a $900 dollar late fee ..... Never a notice it was late and so many days to pay just flat out $900 dollars .... We will be taking everything out and moving companies .... So if you are with all state be very carful on being late ... It was a 93 year old lady they did this to ... Shame on them (my grandma)

Allstate Local Office Wellington, FL

from Loxahatchee, FL

Comments about Allstate:

I switched to Allstate from Geico a few years ago. I have to say the service is much better than what I was used to. I had been a Geico customer for 20+ years My parents had Geico and I was on their policy and when I was old enough to get my own car insurance I was given a plan off of their plan. For a while the prices seemed acceptable and as the years went by the prices increased significantly and I was forced to switch. I was given the number for a local Allstate Agent from a friend. I used them for my house insurance company in the beginning and then eventually switched my cars over to Allstate as well. I really have no complaints with them. They are considerate when I call with questions and even work with me to get the best rate. They lowered my car insurance to just under 50% of what I was paying with Geico and even helped me get a refund. They are amazing.

Allstate is the worst.

Comments about Allstate:

Dealing with Allstate claim center after you have had to file a claim is like having a root canal without anesthesia . Once Allstate give you their quote don't bother trying to negotiate with them. Even if the repairs cost more than the Allstate estimate, forget about it. They will not negotiate with you or the contractor. I have been a Allstate customer for over 20 years with life, auto and home policies. Allstate loves you until you file a claim. They treat you like the bad guy, like it was your fault that hail damaged your home and car. My best advice is to stay away from Allstate. They will take your premiums but not take care of you when you have to file a claim

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

They won't let go once they have you

from St May's, MD

Comments about Allstate:

Allstate raised it rates on my homeowner's policy by 30% despite that nothing changed and I have never submitted a claim. I've been trying for 2 d to cancel my policy and they give me a run around and will not address my issue.

Unless you prefer to be overcharged and ignored, I don't recommend purchasing from Allstate

Allstate Insurance is a scam

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Allstate:

If you go 63 years without a claim, a wreck or a ticket, Allstate punishes you by increasing auto insurance by $62 every six months. The advertisements about getting a decrease is a lie and a scam. All advertising should be pulled because the American public is being duped by their illegal false advertising.

Allstate is One Big Scam

from Cincinnati OH

Comments about Allstate:

I was with Allstate for about 20 years and I changed Agents twice and I still get the same scam from them all - I left them and went to a different Insurance Company for 3 years and I was pretty happy with them and out of the blue Allstate calls me and offers me a better deal and I told them no at first because I got tired of them raising my Auto and Home Owners premium and when I would call ask why they would say that the Federal is doing it and when I would call my state Congressman`s Office and the main Allstate Branch both of them told me that they were not aware of any Federal Increase`s imposed on Allstate at that point and time and that it was probably my Agent`s office doing this on their own which they can not do - They get you signed up at a lower premium and gradually raise the premium on you as time goes by and I have only filed one Auto claim on a theft of my stereo getting stolen and no tickets or Home Owner Claims and I am 60 years old - Paid all this money for all these years for nothing it seems like, I can see why a lot of people especially when it comes to Auto Ins. don`t
have Insurance these days even if it is the law you must have it............

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

from Atlanta Ga

Comments about Allstate:

We changed to AllState because we thought it was a "better insurance company". They left me stranded just like my truck. On the freeway in downtown Atlanta at 4:30pm, called for a towing truck, had me on the phone forever. 10:30pm came still no towing truck. Thank God a family member came to me and my children rescue!!!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I will never do any kind of business with allstate

from Memphis tn

Comments about Allstate:

I filed a renters claim in October of 2015 was told they had 90 days to pay out my claim. I did everything they asked me to and it's been 93 days still not able to replace my kids things because she said it might take another two weeks.. it's a shame how u pay insurance on time and when u use it they take there time settling then drop you.i will advise everyone who has allstate to switch because when it comes down to a claim they take there time