3.1

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

Best Rates, Great Customer Service

Let's just start by saying that I am not the.....safest driver in the world. I have had 4 car accidents (but, in my defense only ONE was my fault!). We had different insurance through another reputable company for many years, but, of course after 2 accidents, our rates weren't great. We began to shop around, and my parents have always used FB for their insurance, for car, home, and life. They recommended it, but, after we called and got a quote, that's all the encouragement we needed. Since we have signed up with them, I went on to have two more accidents, and our rates NEVER went up. Our rates are great, the office is local so we can always stop by if we have a problem or questions. They offer discounted rates if you have more than one type of insurance with them, and the customer service is great. I always recommend this insurance company to friends and family that are looking. I think this is where we will stay.

Farm Bureau Dropped the Ball--or Should I Say Cow?

When it comes to insurance, we all need to make sure our bases are covered.  Home ownership comes with a need to insure your home and carrying car insurance is another given, and a state law that you have a certain minimum amount of coverage.  If your car or home is finance, the bank will require that you maintain enough coverage for replacement of the insured home or car.  We used **Farm Bureau Insurance **for both our vehicles and home for several years.  That is until last year when we found out that our home insurance policy was no longer in effect.  How did we find out?  We called our local agent because we did not get a bill in the mail.  My husband was told that the policy was no longer in effect because of non-payment.  Our car insurance was all set up through payroll deduct, but the home policy was separate and taken out at a different time.  The agent wasn't the least concerned and asked him if he wanted to rewrite.  He said no and hung up the phone and called me to let me know what had happened.  We talked it over and discussed the other problem we had been having with **Farm Bureau Insurance **since we had first moved our vehicle policies with them.  Each quarter when the policies would come up for renewal, we would not get our new insurance cards in the mail.  We would have to call the agent and ask that they fax over temporary cards and put new ones in the mail.  This went on for a couple of years.  When I got tired of dealing with it, I told my husband that from now on this was his problem.  It soon got very old with him and we had already talked about moving our business somewhere else.The new occurrence with the home insurance policy made our decision very easy.  I got on the phone and got quotes for both our home policy and our vehicles.  I visited the office and  wrote out my check to bind the policies.  I then called Farm Bureau and canceled my two vehicle policies with them.  Can you believe they even sent me a membership bill at the beginning of 2009?  We don't have any policies with them any longer so why would I want to pay a membership to belong to their organization that only put my family at risk?  By the way, if you buy insurance through them, you are **required** to pay their annual membership fees.  This is a hidden cost they hit you with.Our experience with **Farm Bureau Insurance**, or at least the agent we were assigned to was very short in the customer service department, negligent and could have caused us to lose our home if something major would have happened during the time we were not covered.  We will never use **Farm Bureau **again.

Now Im nervous!!

from tennessee

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

We have been with farm bureau for YEARS and have had only one prior claim in all this time,storm damaged roof that they were only going to cover half the roof for replacement recently we have had a bathroom water leak that has damaged the floor severely.to make matters even worse, our son is friends with our agent so when our agent appointed adjuster recommended a contractor we had no hesitation to trust them. first mistake. this contractor has been reported to the bbb in the past.they employ convicts and do horrible work long story short we have fired them and are finishing all the work ourselves. the adjuster and the contractors are in cahoots together.i want to file complaints against all these guys buy all our insurance needs with a more honest company but who would that be? beware of farm bureau they are crooks.

Stay away from NC Farm Bureau in Asheville

from Asheville, North Carolina

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I have used NC farm bureau as an insurance co for many 15+ years and have watched it go down hill the past 6 years. Since then they have kept trying to increase my policy x2 and x3 the amount. The last 6 years I have fought to keep the policy at a reasonable price. I finally gave up this year. The company has gone way down on it's customer friendly service. They do not want to work with you. So find another place to get your insurance. Buyer beware.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Jump thru hoops, only to get MORE demands to get no coverage

from Rincon Georgia

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

i've been trying to get coverage for 2 years, only getting more items to correct before being covered, for example New roof $6,000.00, porch and step hand rails, remove mobile home (a storage shed thaT I REQUESTED TO BE EXEMPT FROM COVERAGE!!) AND now!!,... paint HAD RAILS AND facia boards ??? BEYOND RIDICULOUS!! THEIR ANSWER-- use another carrier they provide at HIGHER rates than I'm already paying!!

Poor insurance company

from Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I have been with Farm Bureau for over 20 years however I will be dropping this company. To make a long story short if you obtain damage to you roof they will not fix it. So if you have insurance with this company they are not going to pay to have the roof replaced. They will send agent out to your house, he will report that there is no damage, even if there is spots in the ceiling. If you complain they will send what they call an engineer out and of course he will give the same report. All this is done in an effort to avoid paying the claim. So if you don't want to be out of a lot of money fixing your on roof, don't use this insurance company.

Cancelled coverage after 21 YEARS with them!!

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I have had home and Auto with Farm Bureau for 21 years! My teenage son had one accident, and they CANCELED my entire policy coming up on my renewal date. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, AFTER 21 YEARS! This company, I had never had an issue with until this. I had one car 18 years ago that caught fire and one homeowner claim 11 years ago for a/c unit hit by lightening....that's it in 21 YEARS. I'm more stunned than angry. No commitment to it's customers. I always pay on time, even auto pay set up. This sucks.

DROPPED POLICY WHEN HOUSE WENT VACANT

from Dayton, TN

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

We were customers for over 4 years. Always paid on time in full through escrow. Had to move because of job, so house went on market. When we left the state, Farm Bureau notified us they were dropping our policy because they don't insure vacant homes. Yet, the company holding our mortgage still requires the house to be insured. Tried speaking with company owners numerous times during the day over several weeks, but no one was ever available and no one ever returned calls. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!! I did not even want to give them one star!

Failed service

from Olathe, Ks

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I had two autos and one home insured with Farm Bureau. I had a divorce and my agent was completely unhelpful, did not return two phone calls, half answered emails and requested loads of documentation (in separate emails) only to tell me my ex husband could not be removed from the policy. I sent in signed change forms, divorce decree, had to meet with my ex only for her to tell me what she should have told me initially. Rhonda J Ott is both lacking in knowledge to effectively do her job, lacking in follow through and lacking in service. Return a phone call. It's basic customer service.

unfair payment

from Iowa/southdakota

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

As a 35 yr clients of farm bureau, the adjusters are rude hang up and totally unprofessional and they act like God, they will not disuse any claim, purposely not meet with us on the claim, sneak in to see the claim and say there is not one thing wrong. Contractor say it is bad. Do NOT do business with them.!!! We have not had more then a handful of claims, call me silly but lose a $20,000.+ in insurance dues, because they refuse to pay a few thousand in claim... I will NEVER give them a good review.. -0 would be it if it was on the choices. I am canceling them they stink.

Probably fine if you never make a claim.

from Appomattox, VA

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I've been a customer with Virginia Farm Bureau Insurance for 10 years. Auto/home/farm policy. Several years ago, our agent quit. None of the customers were notified of this, but we were without an agent for 3 years. Finally, some new snot nosed hot shot shows up as the new agent, which was well publicized. I needed to add insurance for some employees, so after paying a visit, my premiums almost tripled. A few months ago, I had a small fire in an outbuilding. The claims adjuster came out immediately and told me all the things they weren't going to pay for. Finally settled for about 1/3 of the total loss. When I went in to ask my agent why my insurance didn't cover certain things, he said I was lucky I got what I did. Not really what you want to hear from your insurance agent. 2 months later I received a letter explaining that my policies would not be renewed because my house needs to be painted. They gave no option to paint the house by a certain date, in order to keep the policy. They just dumped me.

Beware

from Knoxville TN

Comments about Farm Bureau Insurance:

I am very disappointed in this company. After having them for 24 years we were cancelled with no help to get the issue explained. The agents had very poor customer service. Please think twice before using this company.