3.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (21), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

I Have Learned to Love the Gecko and the Savings!

***Bottom-Line***: Like I stated from the outset, insurance is a necessary evil, but so far we have been in good hands with **GEICO Insurance Co**.

For...Read complete review

For automobile insurance we used to be covered by **Allstate Insurance Co.**, a concern we have been doing business with for the last 12 or so years.  But the *"Good Hands"* people kept raising my rates every time my policy came up for renewal.  My automobile insurance was going up on average of $25.00 every six months.  This was the case despite that fact that my driving record is spotless and has been for the last 7 years; no accidents, moving violations, or even parking tickets.

So I started looking around for something more affordable.  I think I looked at them all; *Progressive, Nationwide, State Farm, American Family Insurance*, and in the end I went with **Geico Insurance**, because their claims of hundreds of dollars of savings are legitimate.

The** ****G**overnment **E**mployees **I**nsurance **Co**mpany or** GEICO Insurance Co.,** is headquartered in the nation's capitol, Washington DC.  The company got its start providing insurance to government employees and high ranking military officers (today, the company offers discounts to ALL U.S. Military personnel).  Today, **GEICO** offers insurance to the masses at rates that often undercut the more staid brands like *All State* and *State Farm*.

**GEICO** offers all matter of insurance including *Automobile, Homeowners, Renters, Flood, Life, Umbrella, Commercial Auto, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV, Off-Road Vehicle/ Snowmobile, and Overseas Insurance*.  The list is impressive and growing. So far all we have is Automobile insurance with **GEICO**, may soon pick up Condo insurance as well when our policy with *All State* is due to renew in the fall.

**My Viewpoint**

The **GEICO **web-site is useful, comprehensive, and very, very, useful.  One can get a quote, open a policy, renew a policy, view paperwork, update account information, make a payment, contact customer service, report an accident, file & track a claim all on-line. Nothing could be easier.

Insurance is a necessary evil, but so far we have been in good hands with **GEICO Insurance Co**.  True, so far we haven't filed any claims so I cannot speak to the veracity of that process.  I can however speak to the low prices; they are by far the lowest of all of the major insurance companies.  I have read more than a few negative reviews about **GEICO **on-line, but I hope they are not the norm; time will tell.

Total Bait & Switch!

I was shopping around to be sure I had the best rate with my current insurance company.  I went online and did the Geico quote thing.  When I got the quote back I was amazed at how much I could save by switching to Geico.  Uh huh... right.

I started to take the next step and actually wanted to purchase the policies online.  They asked for all the info again (drivers, ages, etc.)  When they came back the price was DOUBLE what was actually quoted online, and they refused to insure one of my cars (a new 2007 Lexus IS!!).  I tried to call to find out why the price difference was so high and why they wouldn't insure my car.  I got the canned message as to "all associates are busy, please leave a message and we'll call you back."  I did this 3 times and NO ONE ever returned my call.

We all have good driving records, no tickets, etc. and I never got an explanation as to why the price doubled from the online quote.  Every once in a while I get emails from them wanting me to "come back and get another quote."  Like I said before... Uh huh... right.

Others may have good experiences with Geico, but I for one will stick with my local agent who actually answers the phone, calls me back, and works with me on my coverages.

Stay away. Biggest road rage contributor in the country.

from joshua, tx

Comments about Geico:

This company pays out road rage claims against their clients. Making them stuck with them because no other company will take them. Insurance companies are supposed to protect their customers but Geico won't. They claim to use the rules to pay claims but that is a lie. So if you want to save money on the short term, go for it. But don't get a claim against you that is clearly not your fault, because you are stuck.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

No! Run from Geico! The price will not matter!

from Largo, FL

Comments about Geico:

I decided to switch to another insurance company. Then Geico contacted the DMV and said there was a short gap in my insurance months back. If there was, it was Geico's fault. I never missed a payment. My license was suspended because of what Geico said! I had to pay $150. to get my license back. Never, never, never get Geico insurance. You will regret it!!!!!!!

Affordable Car Insurance!!!

from tx

Comments about Geico:

Geico makes everything very user friendly for it's customers. They allow you to have your insurance cards on your cell phone!!!That's a very nice feature to have for someone like me who looses every paper insurance card I get in the mail. Another feature I enjoy the most is because I am always able to get in touch with a customer service representative either online or by phone. I hate not being always to talk to someone when I cannot find the information that I need from their website. The biggest bonuses for me are the way I can pay my bill and the price. Geico is literally the cheapest insurance company that I have ever gotten a quote from. Geico also let's you pay by phone and online, my favorite option is being able to pay online with my debit card. There's nothing worse for me than actually having to go to a physical location during certain hours, I am always working.

Car not fixed completely

from Imperial, CA

Comments about Geico:

Had an accident, took the car to the body shop. when I took it out of the body shop I still found problem with the vehicle. Geico now does not want to pay for any more damages nor does the body shop.

worst service

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Geico:

My car was hit from rear side on a freeway when traffic is totally stopped. Police wrote a traffic accident report, stating the hitting driver take 100% responsibility. The driver hitting my car has Geico Auto Insurance. I called Geico for claim, I called Geico many many times, and faxed the police copy to Geico. The only service I got so far from Geico is a letter, saying they are investigating within 30days, after 30days, I got a letter again, saying the exactly the same thing. I never got any calls back from Geico. They did not do any inspection so far. What a bad service I got! Two and half months passed, nothing happen. I can only wait for another letter. Never go to cheap Geico, their service is the worst.

Horrible! The worst insurance company in the US!

from seattle

Geico=Feico

Changes your policy without knowledge

from California.

Comments about Geico:

I give them a NO STAR!!!!! I called to get a quote to add another vehicle to my policy. The girl changed my whole policy, submitted the change without my approval, changed it back and it has now reset my whole policy. They are trying to get me to pay an extra $100 a month for her mess up. I call and they say it's because the Mileage changed on the vehicles, which wasn't true. When I call them out on it, it is now I haven't been paying for my son on my policy, which has been on there since the day I started the policy. Here I am almost a year later and they're just "figuring it out". So now that's their excuse as to why it's not changing back to what I was paying. Off to find a new insurance company. I don't mess around with people who can't get their story straight.

disappointed before you sign up review the 'betterment' stmt

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Geico:

very disappointed in GEICO. Got in accident was not my fault, yet I have to pay out 280. because of a clause I was not made aware of in my policy called the 'betterment' clause. I have been with Nationwide since I was old enough to drive. I changed because my agent retired out and sold the business. I took time shoped around and yes found Geico to be the most reasonable. Now I know why... Too many hidden clauses. After I get this accident setteled I am going back to Nationwide where there are no hidden clauses. I have to pay out of pocket because the part that was broken in the accident no longer fits the orginal way so I have to pay for the change in parts. Really REDICULIOUS. The part or parts should be covered and would not of had to be changed if had not been an accident. Which was not my fault. Extremely disappointed in GEICO..... READ and ask questions before you sign.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

rating 0,from oil brakedown

from tx

Comments about Geico:

yep my truck is not fixed sad days because of geico inployies let me down and I been there for 35 40 years, my rating is a big 0,my inlaws have went to progressive, and me to soon as this sick claim went to the tollit

Great insuraance company until they decide to drop you......

from Miami Florida.

Comments about Geico:

I have been a customer of Geico for more than 10 years with no claims, no accidents, no tickets, no late payments, nothing. Earlier this year I finally had an accident. I was in an unfamiliar area, and bottom line, I screwed up and caused an accident, my fault. Nothing major, no totaled cars etc., but there was some damage. Geico took care of the repairs, and I was fairly happy with the service. Later the same month, my wife gets rear ended at a red light in our other vehicle. NOT HER FAULT. All of the repairs were taken care of by the at fault driver's insurance company. A few months later I checked with Geico to see if they would cover some cosmetic repairs to the front spoiler on my car. It had come into contact with a few curbs over the years and needed some cracks repaired. They assured me that they were there to help me and that as a valued customer blah blah blah, you know the rest. Today, I received a letter that due to too many accidents, Geico is not going to renew my policy. Thanks a lot guys after paying you faithfully for over 10 years with no claims. You drop me like a hot potato. It's all fine and good while you are taking my money, but when you are pressed to hold up your end of the bargain and do what you are supposed to do, suddenly your customers are considered liabilities. The decade of perfect payments counts for nothing. You should be ashamed of yourselves.