3.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

I Have Learned to Love the Gecko and the Savings!

***Bottom-Line***: Like I stated from the outset, insurance is a necessary evil, but so far we have been in good hands with **GEICO Insurance Co**.

For...Read complete review

For automobile insurance we used to be covered by **Allstate Insurance Co.**, a concern we have been doing business with for the last 12 or so years.  But the *"Good Hands"* people kept raising my rates every time my policy came up for renewal.  My automobile insurance was going up on average of $25.00 every six months.  This was the case despite that fact that my driving record is spotless and has been for the last 7 years; no accidents, moving violations, or even parking tickets.

So I started looking around for something more affordable.  I think I looked at them all; *Progressive, Nationwide, State Farm, American Family Insurance*, and in the end I went with **Geico Insurance**, because their claims of hundreds of dollars of savings are legitimate.

The** ****G**overnment **E**mployees **I**nsurance **Co**mpany or** GEICO Insurance Co.,** is headquartered in the nation's capitol, Washington DC.  The company got its start providing insurance to government employees and high ranking military officers (today, the company offers discounts to ALL U.S. Military personnel).  Today, **GEICO** offers insurance to the masses at rates that often undercut the more staid brands like *All State* and *State Farm*.

**GEICO** offers all matter of insurance including *Automobile, Homeowners, Renters, Flood, Life, Umbrella, Commercial Auto, Motorcycle, ATV, Boat, RV, Off-Road Vehicle/ Snowmobile, and Overseas Insurance*.  The list is impressive and growing. So far all we have is Automobile insurance with **GEICO**, may soon pick up Condo insurance as well when our policy with *All State* is due to renew in the fall.

**My Viewpoint**

The **GEICO **web-site is useful, comprehensive, and very, very, useful.  One can get a quote, open a policy, renew a policy, view paperwork, update account information, make a payment, contact customer service, report an accident, file & track a claim all on-line. Nothing could be easier.

Insurance is a necessary evil, but so far we have been in good hands with **GEICO Insurance Co**.  True, so far we haven't filed any claims so I cannot speak to the veracity of that process.  I can however speak to the low prices; they are by far the lowest of all of the major insurance companies.  I have read more than a few negative reviews about **GEICO **on-line, but I hope they are not the norm; time will tell.

Total Bait & Switch!

I was shopping around to be sure I had the best rate with my current insurance company.  I went online and did the Geico quote thing.  When I got the quote back I was amazed at how much I could save by switching to Geico.  Uh huh... right.

I started to take the next step and actually wanted to purchase the policies online.  They asked for all the info again (drivers, ages, etc.)  When they came back the price was DOUBLE what was actually quoted online, and they refused to insure one of my cars (a new 2007 Lexus IS!!).  I tried to call to find out why the price difference was so high and why they wouldn't insure my car.  I got the canned message as to "all associates are busy, please leave a message and we'll call you back."  I did this 3 times and NO ONE ever returned my call.

We all have good driving records, no tickets, etc. and I never got an explanation as to why the price doubled from the online quote.  Every once in a while I get emails from them wanting me to "come back and get another quote."  Like I said before... Uh huh... right.

Others may have good experiences with Geico, but I for one will stick with my local agent who actually answers the phone, calls me back, and works with me on my coverages.

worst service

from Orange County, CA

Comments about Geico:

My car was hit from rear side on a freeway when traffic is totally stopped. Police wrote a traffic accident report, stating the hitting driver take 100% responsibility. The driver hitting my car has Geico Auto Insurance. I called Geico for claim, I called Geico many many times, and faxed the police copy to Geico. The only service I got so far from Geico is a letter, saying they are investigating within 30days, after 30days, I got a letter again, saying the exactly the same thing. I never got any calls back from Geico. They did not do any inspection so far. What a bad service I got! Two and half months passed, nothing happen. I can only wait for another letter. Never go to cheap Geico, their service is the worst.

Horrible! The worst insurance company in the US!

from seattle

Geico=Feico

Changes your policy without knowledge

from California.

Comments about Geico:

I give them a NO STAR!!!!! I called to get a quote to add another vehicle to my policy. The girl changed my whole policy, submitted the change without my approval, changed it back and it has now reset my whole policy. They are trying to get me to pay an extra $100 a month for her mess up. I call and they say it's because the Mileage changed on the vehicles, which wasn't true. When I call them out on it, it is now I haven't been paying for my son on my policy, which has been on there since the day I started the policy. Here I am almost a year later and they're just "figuring it out". So now that's their excuse as to why it's not changing back to what I was paying. Off to find a new insurance company. I don't mess around with people who can't get their story straight.

disappointed before you sign up review the 'betterment' stmt

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about Geico:

very disappointed in GEICO. Got in accident was not my fault, yet I have to pay out 280. because of a clause I was not made aware of in my policy called the 'betterment' clause. I have been with Nationwide since I was old enough to drive. I changed because my agent retired out and sold the business. I took time shoped around and yes found Geico to be the most reasonable. Now I know why... Too many hidden clauses. After I get this accident setteled I am going back to Nationwide where there are no hidden clauses. I have to pay out of pocket because the part that was broken in the accident no longer fits the orginal way so I have to pay for the change in parts. Really REDICULIOUS. The part or parts should be covered and would not of had to be changed if had not been an accident. Which was not my fault. Extremely disappointed in GEICO..... READ and ask questions before you sign.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

rating 0,from oil brakedown

from tx

Comments about Geico:

yep my truck is not fixed sad days because of geico inployies let me down and I been there for 35 40 years, my rating is a big 0,my inlaws have went to progressive, and me to soon as this sick claim went to the tollit

Great insuraance company until they decide to drop you......

from Miami Florida.

Comments about Geico:

I have been a customer of Geico for more than 10 years with no claims, no accidents, no tickets, no late payments, nothing. Earlier this year I finally had an accident. I was in an unfamiliar area, and bottom line, I screwed up and caused an accident, my fault. Nothing major, no totaled cars etc., but there was some damage. Geico took care of the repairs, and I was fairly happy with the service. Later the same month, my wife gets rear ended at a red light in our other vehicle. NOT HER FAULT. All of the repairs were taken care of by the at fault driver's insurance company. A few months later I checked with Geico to see if they would cover some cosmetic repairs to the front spoiler on my car. It had come into contact with a few curbs over the years and needed some cracks repaired. They assured me that they were there to help me and that as a valued customer blah blah blah, you know the rest. Today, I received a letter that due to too many accidents, Geico is not going to renew my policy. Thanks a lot guys after paying you faithfully for over 10 years with no claims. You drop me like a hot potato. It's all fine and good while you are taking my money, but when you are pressed to hold up your end of the bargain and do what you are supposed to do, suddenly your customers are considered liabilities. The decade of perfect payments counts for nothing. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Disgusted yet again!

from Cape Cod MA

Comments about Geico:

I have perfect command of the English language and good diction and yet I cannot get the phone system to recognize anything I say. However, that is secondary to the fact that I'm highly offended that GEICO thinks their customers are not worth having a live person assist the very people paying the bills. I have been a customer for more than 12 years but when my policy is up I will find another company with which to do business.

Claim Settled Quickly

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Geico:

Geico was my very first company to use for car insurance. The enrollment process was easy, and that was with speaking to a live agent over the phone, since it was my very insurance experience. I needed all of the help I could possibly get, and the agent was extremely professional and patient with all of my million questions. He walked me through all of my options and helped me feel confident in my decision.
The rates were by far the lowest of any others that I found doing extensive online research.
The best part was how they came through when it really mattered. I had a wreck that was not my fault. This was a sticky situation because the person at fault was not a legal citizen and only had tourist insurance. My car was totaled. Geico handled everything quickly and fairly. In the end, I was paid for my totaled car and some medical expenses that results from the wreck. What could have been a huge and dramatic disaster was not a bad experience at all. I highly recommend Geico for auto insurance, and I'm sure their other policies are just as superior.

Hardest Thing is Canceling

from Utah

Comments about Geico:

We used Geico for several years, and only recently switched to Progressive. At the time that we started with Geico, they were a good bit cheaper than any quote that we received. Although we never had a claim with them, they were always easy to work with in any other area. The website was user-friendly, and I could easily set up auto-pay for the premium. They also emailed a notice that the renewal was coming up (about a month before), which was a courteous gesture (as opposed to some companies who renew automatically with absolutely no warning). The mobile app was also easy to use, and our insurance cards were loaded on it. So as long as I had my phone with me, I had proof of insurance, even when driving another car. But about eight months ago I looked around for quotes (when we bought a house and needed insurance). Progressive came back much cheaper than Geico. Before switching, I called Geico and stated that I had a better quote and asked if they could match it (wanting to keep giving them business if price was comparable). They told me there was nothing I could do to make it cheaper. Once I signed up with Progressive, I called Geico to cancel. The agent who came on was only qualified to work in one state (not mine). He transferred me, and no one answered. They said leave a message and I would be called back (no option for holding). I was called back a full day later, but I was at work and couldn't answer the phone. When I tried again, the agent again was only qualified in one state. I again had to leave a message. When they finally called back the next day, I was given a run-around that they could still save me money, even though I had already checked (and already switched).

I love Geico!!

from Fresno, CA

Comments about Geico:

Since the inception date of my policy I've had a great experience. Policy was issued online, process was extremely easy. Had a claim last month, driver struck the back of my vehicle. My claim was handled very rapidly. Being in the Insurance industry has gave me a tremendous amount of experience with multiple Insurance carriers and Geico has been great.