3.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (22), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

Travelers Offers Security for a Fair Price

Traveler's is a large property and casualty insurance company that offers insurance products in many areas, including auto, life, property, and casualty. The company has been around for a long time, tracing its roots back to 1864 when it was founded in Hartford, Connecticut. Today, it has offices/agents in every one of the 50 U.S. states as well as in Canada, the U.K., and Ireland. Traveler's ranks number two among all insurers in the United States for commercial property casualty insurance. It's large size and high value of assets makes it a safer bet than other companies when it comes to covering insurance claims. Its property claims division in the United States is rated A+ by A.M. Best and AA- by Standard & Poors. **My Experience:** Traveler's is one of a few insurance companies from which I have purchased property insurance over the years and it also ranks as one of the best. This company offers solid financial footing, thousands of claims specialists, and low basic insurance rates to make it one of the better insurance providers. My experience with Traveler's is limited to its home owner's policy- something I have had with Traveler's for a little more than one year.  What initially led me to Traveler's wasn't an on- line insurance quoting service. It was Geico insurance. I have my auto policy with Geico and when I contacted them to see if they offered home owner's insurance, they said they didn't, but that they were affiliated somehow with Traveler's. I then contacted Traveler's and established my new policy. My reason at first was to, hopefully, get a cut in my rates since the two companies were "partnered" and thus would consider this a bundled discount, like many insurance companies do. But I learned that there is no such partnership- Geico only *recommends* Traveler's insurance. It does not offer any discounts.  So far, I have been very satisfied with my experience with Traveler's Home Owners Insurance. I have not had a claim, so I cannot judge the company based on that. However, I can judge based on customer service and other encounters with the company and its people. My initial encounter was very positive because, unlike many other insurance companies that offer on- line quotes, I did not get harassed by phone calls or pressured to sign up for a policy. I got a single phone call (plus an e-mail) explaining my options and what I needed to do to activate a new policy. After a quick comparison, I decided that Traveler's offered the best deal among the financially strong companies so I accepted the offer. One thing I would like that I don't get with Traveler's is a quarterly or semi- annual notice showing me a quick wrap- up of my current policy. I know the escrow has been paid because my mortgage company says so. But it would also be nice to see a summary of my policy; reminding me of the available discounts if I add extra security to the house; discounts for insuring my cars through Traveler's, etc. It would be nice to get a periodic reminder and it would benefit Traveler's, too, because they just might pick up an additional sale of another service. Customer service with Traveler's Home Owner's Insurance has been positive. I have only had a few dealings with them and I have never had a home owner's claim (knock on wood), but the experiences I have had were all positive. Besides the initial sale, I have talked to Traveler's Insurance reps about possibly activating my home security system and how much it would save me in annual premiums. I got the direct, no pressure answer I wanted and the rep sent me on my way. I was never pestered to go through with this. The rep told me to call back if I activated the security system and that was that. **Bottom Line:**

Overall, my experience with Traveler's Insurance has been positive and I will likely continue to use this service for as long as I own my present property. Courteous, respectful customer service reps, reasonable rates, strong financial statements, and easy billing make this an insurance company worth considering for the property owner or renter.

Ripped off and left without a car because of Travelers!

They are the worst auto insurance provider in ALL of NC! I had an accident with a state vehicle, and they have a contract with the state. The claims lady, Mary Craft, was the rudest person I have ever talked to. A MACK truck hit me, and destroyed my car. The police report said the truck was at fault and the witness (who just happens to work for the truck that hit me) told the police a lie, and the police recorded that it was impossible. Still, Mary Craft called me back almost 4 weeks later and told me she was dismissing the claim. See, in NC, you can't sue the govt...and they hide behind this. I must have talked to 100 people in the past 5 months that have had the same thing happened to them. They are the worst kind of crooks! Now, I'm left with no car, and because of the time, lost my business and will be filing bankruptcy. If you hear of Travelers, don't walk...RUN!

I LOVE TRAVELERS INSURANCE

from Galveston,tx

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

They really take care of you and i dont pay alot for my coverages.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I really don't know what you are asking!!

from Abbeville, SC

Very well pleased with Travelers

I like it alot.

from San Angelo, TX

It's good.

Awesome insurance!

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

I have my home and car insurance through them and have excellent prices. I rarely have had any claims but had one recently on a cracked windshield. Travelers handeled everything for me with the repair company. Even scheduled them for me. Not one complaint with the whole process! I also had another claim about a year ago and had an awesome experience then as well. I never write reviews but thought it was worth it cause they've treated me so great! Travelers is top notch and highly recommended!

Good people to work with.

from St Peters, Mo

Good people

my travelers insurance companu

from big cedar OK

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Traveler s was guick to take care of our claim.. We thank th so much

Travelers Home owners ins.

from Chester VA the claim in NJ

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Called a claim in Sunday AM , the agent /adjuster called by 5:00 on a sunday to acknowledge & set appointment to see damage. He was polite & professional.set uo a good time and got it resolved in hours

I was very happy with travelers/Geico insurance company.

from Lititz Pa.17543

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

I was very happy with Geico/Travelers insurance company.They took care of my claim very quickly and there was no run around.I got a check with in a week. They were kind and professional.I would highly recommend them for insurance on your home, personal items like cell phones, and auto.A great group of people.

Great claims department.

from Anderson, SC

Fast claim results

Very Satisfied

from Rehoboth Ma

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Very easy process I recently purchased a policy from travelers not only was it cheaper than my original policy they were much more efficient in the sense that they gave me the exact coverage I originally had and explained everything on my policy. And I had a very minor accident no damage to my vehicle slight damage to other they were right on top of things I am talking within the hour.
Very Efficent and I would recommend them to anyone