3.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (27), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (9)

Travelers Offers Security for a Fair Price

Traveler's is a large property and casualty insurance company that offers insurance products in many areas, including auto, life, property, and casualty. The company has been around for a long time, tracing its roots back to 1864 when it was founded in Hartford, Connecticut. Today, it has offices/agents in every one of the 50 U.S. states as well as in Canada, the U.K., and Ireland. Traveler's ranks number two among all insurers in the United States for commercial property casualty insurance. It's large size and high value of assets makes it a safer bet than other companies when it comes to covering insurance claims. Its property claims division in the United States is rated A+ by A.M. Best and AA- by Standard & Poors. **My Experience:** Traveler's is one of a few insurance companies from which I have purchased property insurance over the years and it also ranks as one of the best. This company offers solid financial footing, thousands of claims specialists, and low basic insurance rates to make it one of the better insurance providers. My experience with Traveler's is limited to its home owner's policy- something I have had with Traveler's for a little more than one year.  What initially led me to Traveler's wasn't an on- line insurance quoting service. It was Geico insurance. I have my auto policy with Geico and when I contacted them to see if they offered home owner's insurance, they said they didn't, but that they were affiliated somehow with Traveler's. I then contacted Traveler's and established my new policy. My reason at first was to, hopefully, get a cut in my rates since the two companies were "partnered" and thus would consider this a bundled discount, like many insurance companies do. But I learned that there is no such partnership- Geico only *recommends* Traveler's insurance. It does not offer any discounts.  So far, I have been very satisfied with my experience with Traveler's Home Owners Insurance. I have not had a claim, so I cannot judge the company based on that. However, I can judge based on customer service and other encounters with the company and its people. My initial encounter was very positive because, unlike many other insurance companies that offer on- line quotes, I did not get harassed by phone calls or pressured to sign up for a policy. I got a single phone call (plus an e-mail) explaining my options and what I needed to do to activate a new policy. After a quick comparison, I decided that Traveler's offered the best deal among the financially strong companies so I accepted the offer. One thing I would like that I don't get with Traveler's is a quarterly or semi- annual notice showing me a quick wrap- up of my current policy. I know the escrow has been paid because my mortgage company says so. But it would also be nice to see a summary of my policy; reminding me of the available discounts if I add extra security to the house; discounts for insuring my cars through Traveler's, etc. It would be nice to get a periodic reminder and it would benefit Traveler's, too, because they just might pick up an additional sale of another service. Customer service with Traveler's Home Owner's Insurance has been positive. I have only had a few dealings with them and I have never had a home owner's claim (knock on wood), but the experiences I have had were all positive. Besides the initial sale, I have talked to Traveler's Insurance reps about possibly activating my home security system and how much it would save me in annual premiums. I got the direct, no pressure answer I wanted and the rep sent me on my way. I was never pestered to go through with this. The rep told me to call back if I activated the security system and that was that. **Bottom Line:**

Overall, my experience with Traveler's Insurance has been positive and I will likely continue to use this service for as long as I own my present property. Courteous, respectful customer service reps, reasonable rates, strong financial statements, and easy billing make this an insurance company worth considering for the property owner or renter.

Ripped off and left without a car because of Travelers!

They are the worst auto insurance provider in ALL of NC! I had an accident with a state vehicle, and they have a contract with the state. The claims lady, Mary Craft, was the rudest person I have ever talked to. A MACK truck hit me, and destroyed my car. The police report said the truck was at fault and the witness (who just happens to work for the truck that hit me) told the police a lie, and the police recorded that it was impossible. Still, Mary Craft called me back almost 4 weeks later and told me she was dismissing the claim. See, in NC, you can't sue the govt...and they hide behind this. I must have talked to 100 people in the past 5 months that have had the same thing happened to them. They are the worst kind of crooks! Now, I'm left with no car, and because of the time, lost my business and will be filing bankruptcy. If you hear of Travelers, don't walk...RUN!

Travellers was a good experience,claim.was fair.

from Dickinson, ND

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Travellers was a great experience, like America used to be

Travelers is the way to go!

from Phoenix AZ

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Recently made a claim on my homeowners insurance. From the time I made the initial report to having the repairs done, Travelers agents were courteous, helpful and pleasant.
They made the entire process manageable.

My experience

from Wenatchee, Wa

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

My insurance agent Timothy was very caring and responsive.. he was knowledgeable in subject and assisted in getting the other insurance company to begin their process to pay for the other person that hit my car.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Don't expect to make repairs.

from South Carolina

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

They pay only a fraction of the true cost of repairs. I will have to pay over $1000 plus a $1000 deductible to complete the repairs on my building.

from Brookhaven,MS

No comment

I will renew my policy

from Dallas, Ga.

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Thanks for being there for me

Exellent

from Havertown, PA

Excellent service.

Recommend

from SC

Reliable company

Professional Care & Personal Service!

from Douglasville, GA 30134

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

My wife and I changed to Travelers Insurance for our home and auto during the middle of 2016. We did so primarily because our previous carrier's rates kept increasing. When we discovered we had damage to our roof, I inirtaited a claim with Travelers. At every step they helped us get through the whole process smoothly and--believe it or not--very happily! My claim rep Kenny Vinings was an absolute professional and very attentive. We couldn't be happier and would recommend Travelers to anyone we can!

Satisfied costumer