3.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (20), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Travelers Offers Security for a Fair Price

Traveler's is a large property and casualty insurance company that offers insurance products in many areas, including auto, life, property, and casualty. The company has been around for a long time, tracing its roots back to 1864 when it was founded in Hartford, Connecticut. Today, it has offices/agents in every one of the 50 U.S. states as well as in Canada, the U.K., and Ireland. Traveler's ranks number two among all insurers in the United States for commercial property casualty insurance. It's large size and high value of assets makes it a safer bet than other companies when it comes to covering insurance claims. Its property claims division in the United States is rated A+ by A.M. Best and AA- by Standard & Poors. **My Experience:** Traveler's is one of a few insurance companies from which I have purchased property insurance over the years and it also ranks as one of the best. This company offers solid financial footing, thousands of claims specialists, and low basic insurance rates to make it one of the better insurance providers. My experience with Traveler's is limited to its home owner's policy- something I have had with Traveler's for a little more than one year.  What initially led me to Traveler's wasn't an on- line insurance quoting service. It was Geico insurance. I have my auto policy with Geico and when I contacted them to see if they offered home owner's insurance, they said they didn't, but that they were affiliated somehow with Traveler's. I then contacted Traveler's and established my new policy. My reason at first was to, hopefully, get a cut in my rates since the two companies were "partnered" and thus would consider this a bundled discount, like many insurance companies do. But I learned that there is no such partnership- Geico only *recommends* Traveler's insurance. It does not offer any discounts.  So far, I have been very satisfied with my experience with Traveler's Home Owners Insurance. I have not had a claim, so I cannot judge the company based on that. However, I can judge based on customer service and other encounters with the company and its people. My initial encounter was very positive because, unlike many other insurance companies that offer on- line quotes, I did not get harassed by phone calls or pressured to sign up for a policy. I got a single phone call (plus an e-mail) explaining my options and what I needed to do to activate a new policy. After a quick comparison, I decided that Traveler's offered the best deal among the financially strong companies so I accepted the offer. One thing I would like that I don't get with Traveler's is a quarterly or semi- annual notice showing me a quick wrap- up of my current policy. I know the escrow has been paid because my mortgage company says so. But it would also be nice to see a summary of my policy; reminding me of the available discounts if I add extra security to the house; discounts for insuring my cars through Traveler's, etc. It would be nice to get a periodic reminder and it would benefit Traveler's, too, because they just might pick up an additional sale of another service. Customer service with Traveler's Home Owner's Insurance has been positive. I have only had a few dealings with them and I have never had a home owner's claim (knock on wood), but the experiences I have had were all positive. Besides the initial sale, I have talked to Traveler's Insurance reps about possibly activating my home security system and how much it would save me in annual premiums. I got the direct, no pressure answer I wanted and the rep sent me on my way. I was never pestered to go through with this. The rep told me to call back if I activated the security system and that was that. **Bottom Line:**

Overall, my experience with Traveler's Insurance has been positive and I will likely continue to use this service for as long as I own my present property. Courteous, respectful customer service reps, reasonable rates, strong financial statements, and easy billing make this an insurance company worth considering for the property owner or renter.

Ripped off and left without a car because of Travelers!

They are the worst auto insurance provider in ALL of NC! I had an accident with a state vehicle, and they have a contract with the state. The claims lady, Mary Craft, was the rudest person I have ever talked to. A MACK truck hit me, and destroyed my car. The police report said the truck was at fault and the witness (who just happens to work for the truck that hit me) told the police a lie, and the police recorded that it was impossible. Still, Mary Craft called me back almost 4 weeks later and told me she was dismissing the claim. See, in NC, you can't sue the govt...and they hide behind this. I must have talked to 100 people in the past 5 months that have had the same thing happened to them. They are the worst kind of crooks! Now, I'm left with no car, and because of the time, lost my business and will be filing bankruptcy. If you hear of Travelers, don't walk...RUN!

I was very happy with travelers/Geico insurance company.

from Lititz Pa.17543

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

I was very happy with Geico/Travelers insurance company.They took care of my claim very quickly and there was no run around.I got a check with in a week. They were kind and professional.I would highly recommend them for insurance on your home, personal items like cell phones, and auto.A great group of people.

Great claims department.

from Anderson, SC

Fast claim results

Very Satisfied

from Rehoboth Ma

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Very easy process I recently purchased a policy from travelers not only was it cheaper than my original policy they were much more efficient in the sense that they gave me the exact coverage I originally had and explained everything on my policy. And I had a very minor accident no damage to my vehicle slight damage to other they were right on top of things I am talking within the hour.
Very Efficent and I would recommend them to anyone

I will bring more insurers to this company

from West Monroe, Louisiana

Good busness

Excellent service

from York, Maine

Nice job thank you.

Best experience ever

from Palos Hills Illinois

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

A great experience with my agent adjuster all together the best experience with an insurance company ever

Good

from Denver, co

Very good

My Auto Claim with Travelers

from Atlanta Georgia

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

I have Travelers insurance and recently filed a claim. I cannot believe how quickly and professionally they handled everything. My initial contact with the phone representative was quick, clear and concise. He walked me through everything and made it all seem so easy. He was friendly and I did not feel like I was talking to someone that didn't have the time of day to spend with me. He seemed like he really cared about my car and me. The adjuster Kevin Maxwell knows what customer service is all about. I had a meeting with him within 24 hours of submitting my claim. He spent time going over my car making sure he didn't miss anything. He explained everything to me and even pointed out some dings I didn't know about. He emailed me a claim response immediately. I had a check within two days. That is unheard of!! He followed up and stayed on top of everything. He know about my car before I did. He contacted me that there was some additional work and he would get another check out immediately. I did not even know about the new work! I wish everyone in the service industry could be this professional and care about their customers. I highly recommend this company for your insurance needs. Hopefully you will be lucky enough to have Kevin as your adjuster.

Excellent service!

from Massachusetts

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

I got into an accident with another driver. It was clearly her fault and I contacted my insurance agent immediately. The insurance company is Travelers Insurance company. From the beginning until the end they stayed in constant contact with me, and informed me about the process. They were so professional, and courteous.
Thank you!

Very pleased

from Toledo Ohio

Comments about Travelers Insurance:

Had a minor claim and it was handled quickly.