3.5

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (27), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (8)

progressive is my pick

you never really know how good (or how bad) your insurance is until you need it. you know what they CLAIM to be, but not what they really are. i have been a customer of progressive insurance for about four years and have not needed to file a claim. i was always pleased with them because they save me about three hundred dollars a year from my previous insurance company, but then came the true test of how good the company comes through when you need them. i was driving down the road and a deer jumped on top of my car. yes, that is what i said. it jumped ON TOP of my car. after calling progressive about my unusual claim, they brought a rental car to my house that same day. my car was totaled. what came next was what i expected to be a long drawn out process of collecting on my car. progressive called me on the third day after my wreck and told me they had a check for me for the total payment for my car. i was shocked and progressive has a lifelong customer.

nasty rude personal!!!

i have never used this company for insurance but have had to deal with them over an accident caused by one of their clients...

a young man insured by progressive fell...Read complete review

a young man insured by progressive fell asleep at the wheel, ran off the road, hitting several things in our yard including our boat...

when we contacted progressive they sent out an appraiser 5 days later (he brought his wife and child with him as he was on his way to the lake and just stopped by to do a quick write up!!)

He gave an outrageously LOW appraisal for the repair of our boat hull and motor...insisting on us using used parts for the repair of the motor that he could get from a "buddy" of his

on our own we got 3 different appraisals and no one would repair the boat without sending it back to the factory to repair the hull (for liability reasons they said).. progressive refused to approve this and offered $2500 for a settlement.

after we refused this it took several weeks to get the agent handling our claim back on the phone.. she was extremely rude and informed us she would not sign off on our claim until after her vacation. (which ended up being 2 weeks)

it took 4 months and a letter from our lawyer to settle the claim

never will i use or recommend this company to anyone.. not even my worst enemy!!!

never in a million years

from floridia

Comments about Progressive:

long sorry but they took a little over $600 out of our account, for motorcycle insurance, only been with them for little over a month, was only supposed to take $54and change. was told they sent letter to email, hardly ever use email, but we know how to search all files for all things sent, in the trash, spam, offers and other mail files. the only thing that pulled up was when progressive sent the cards , that was asked if they could mail them, the told well me mailed it to you, they never did we go through all of our mail heck still waiting on the insurance cards. sent them the documents they needed was lied to, blamed my bank, I had spoke to the bank, bank said when the release he funds it will be back in your account, we have been dealing with this for 3 days, with booth people working they over drafted our account and we are negative $200 so they took all our money, and will not give it back till this wed. we will never use them again.

If you have teen drivers...RUN.

from Illinois

Comments about Progressive:

My husband and I were with Progressive Insurance Company for 9 years (with zero claims). We also had the homeowners insurance with them. The homeowners insurance is through a separate company. You cannot pay home and auto together-but you do get a slight discount.
We never really had any complaints with Progressive until our twin teen drivers (both males) got their driver's licences. Our insurance stayed the same for a year and a half and then all of a sudden it went up an extra $500.00 A MONTH. There were never any claims made and they could never give us a reason why it went up...a year and a half after they had started driving.
We switched to another company and for all of our vehicles and our home, it's cheaper than it was when we first started with Progressive!
Also, when we tried to cancel our policy, they tried to tell us that we couldn't have any of our money back. Our current insurance agent was actually kind enough to contact them for us and thankfully got the $2500.00 back for us

20 years covered

from Tifton, Ga

Comments about Progressive:

I have used progressive for auto insurance for around 20 years now. I never worry about the coverage because I know exactly what I have and if I ever have a question or concern I can visit my local office and talk to one of the helpful employees there.

Awesome Insurance

from Richmond

Comments about Progressive:

Friendly and quick service. Care about there customers.

This company is horrible!

from Lockport NY

Comments about Progressive:

This company blamed us for the phone call getting cut off and denied our claim

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Just switched and saved $100 a month!

from Hastings, NE

Comments about Progressive:

I just switched to progressive last month and I was able to lower my car insurance by $100 per month! The employees were very Helpful when setting up our new coverage.

Best I have found!

from Keatchie, LA

Comments about Progressive:

I have had Progressive for a little over a year now and they are the lowest price I have found and claims have been painless. On my policy I have my 22 year old daughter and 17 year old son, other companies wanted an arm and a leg to cover them but I am paying quit a bit less with Progressive.
In the last year I have made two claims for hail damage, one vehicle was totaled and the other repaired. The entire process was a breeze.

Easy way to get insurance

from Fenton, Michigan

Comments about Progressive:

If you need insurance right away they are easy to use. The rates always change and are never consistent. A online quote and phone quote are always different. I have found better rates out there.

Been with Progressive for years!!

from Kansas

Comments about Progressive:

My husband and I use progressive. We have never dealt with any problems with customer service or plans. We have been with them for a very long time. We have used the snap plan too and works great to save money on vehicles we don't drive much.

Don't buy or switch fast!

from Nashville

Comments about Progressive:

Horrible underwriting. Think twice. One claim and you're like cancelled or premium skyrocket. Every insurance company want perfect drives but no one is perfect. Do you want a company that abandons you when you need them. Horrible people. Take your hard earned money for years, then kick you aside. Go to another company! Go fast? By the way, you pay for their "funny" commercials, you pay ALOT!