3.6

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:
    • I received a sample (23), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

progressive is my pick

you never really know how good (or how bad) your insurance is until you need it. you know what they CLAIM to be, but not what they really are. i have been a customer of progressive insurance for about four years and have not needed to file a claim. i was always pleased with them because they save me about three hundred dollars a year from my previous insurance company, but then came the true test of how good the company comes through when you need them. i was driving down the road and a deer jumped on top of my car. yes, that is what i said. it jumped ON TOP of my car. after calling progressive about my unusual claim, they brought a rental car to my house that same day. my car was totaled. what came next was what i expected to be a long drawn out process of collecting on my car. progressive called me on the third day after my wreck and told me they had a check for me for the total payment for my car. i was shocked and progressive has a lifelong customer.

nasty rude personal!!!

i have never used this company for insurance but have had to deal with them over an accident caused by one of their clients...

a young man insured by progressive fell...Read complete review

a young man insured by progressive fell asleep at the wheel, ran off the road, hitting several things in our yard including our boat...

when we contacted progressive they sent out an appraiser 5 days later (he brought his wife and child with him as he was on his way to the lake and just stopped by to do a quick write up!!)

He gave an outrageously LOW appraisal for the repair of our boat hull and motor...insisting on us using used parts for the repair of the motor that he could get from a "buddy" of his

on our own we got 3 different appraisals and no one would repair the boat without sending it back to the factory to repair the hull (for liability reasons they said).. progressive refused to approve this and offered $2500 for a settlement.

after we refused this it took several weeks to get the agent handling our claim back on the phone.. she was extremely rude and informed us she would not sign off on our claim until after her vacation. (which ended up being 2 weeks)

it took 4 months and a letter from our lawyer to settle the claim

never will i use or recommend this company to anyone.. not even my worst enemy!!!

Progressive Insurance is a con

from Kalamazoo, Michigan

Comments about Progressive:

I paid out for full coverage for a lot of years and just recently was in a car accident. According to them their is accident forgiveness for clients that have been with them for a certain amount of years. My next bill should have stayed the same it did not they raised it. Their policies are lies they do not honor them.

Do not expect Rental Car if your vehicle is totaled

from Austin, Tx

Comments about Progressive:

Do not expect a rental car if your vehicle is totaled. Most all insurance companies offer you a rent car as a courtesy. How are you supose to get to WORK? Would never use them again.

Good Coverage - Better Costs

from Providence, RI

Comments about Progressive:

After being with Geico for a considerable amount of time, I moved to Progressive for better rates, better coverage. They offered better deal. So far the customer care has been prompt and they have adjusted my requests on a couple of occassions.

scam insurance company terrible

from mesa, az

Comments about Progressive:

i have been with progressive for 10 years.Full coverage, my son wrecked my jeep and it was totaled out. progressive offered me a payout that was not even close to market value.I cannot find a jeep across the united states that i can buy for the price they are offering, I can prove this to them .. but they cannot prove the price they are giving me is market value. scam insurance company.... do not go with them. 10 years i paid them clean record and they cannot replace my vehicle with fair market value....... progressive sucks...

Do not get car insurance here.

from Tampa,Fl

Terrible claim reps.

Dont do it!

from Butte MT

Comments about Progressive:

Been with them 15 yrs. Now no service. Made mistake on my added vehicle changes and wldnt make it right. Did not pay the damage claim either. I'm switching to farmers or Sam's club.!

great customer service

from upstate ny

been with comapny over 3 yrs great quotes and discount

Terrible experience - do not have your interest in mind

from Michigan

Comments about Progressive:

Stay away from this company, they are not fair and do not have your best interest when you need them.

Our new car recently got rear-ended and is now totaled. Progressive is coming back with a value for our car that's $3,000 below what Kelly Blue book recommend as the retail value of our car. They have their own system of calculating the value of the car. The way that they do this is by pulling 4 listed retail value of the car and then subtracted milage and a "projected sold adjustment" amount (haggle amount from negotiation to deduct, not sure how they come up with this value) from the listed retail value. The four car that they provided, one was high, one was middle, and two was way below value. When I try to call the dealerships to confirm these car, three out of the four were not in their inventory and if they were, they were sold long before our accident. I'm not sure how to handle this right now, we need a new car but I hate to give in and let them cheat us.

This has been a terrible experience. We expect to negotiate with the other driver insurance for a fair price on our car because he was at fault. I did not think I would have to deal with my own insurance company that's supposed to have our best interest.

We are definitely never going to use progress again for our house or car. If anything should happen to our house, I have already got a taste of how they will treat us.

I Was Demeaned

from Santa Rosa, Ca

Comments about Progressive:

On my scooter on the way to my class I was struck by a speeding/going at a high speed driver while changing lanes to go around a bus who had been behind me in the original lane and who had been behind me not going when I had exited. She would later change her story when speaking to my agent after failing to get me to pay her outside of the insurance. There was a 'witness' on scene who would give a statement to my agent saying he did not see my get hit but he saw the woman who hit me get out of her car to yell at me while I was still pinned under my cycle, so I had to be at fault. On scene he convinced me to go to the hospital and that the police weren't necessary, just take photos. Called my agent and he spoke to me as if I was guilty of something and I needed to confess, I told my story and would from then on send him photos that I took at the scene and photos of my injuries.
After a month of him never answering my calls or emails in a timely fashion or addressing any questions of mine like did he call the bus agency to get a copy of its camera footage that we were in the scope of, or could I be given an agent in my town, he left me a voicemail saying something to the point of 'there has been a decision in your claim.' This decision was that I was 100% at fault without consideration of any physical evidence but only on the testimony of those other two. To completely dismiss me he eventually said the choice line of: "Think about this for second: if you had not been there would there have been an accident?"
I had a panic attack, and a few days later I contacted him to appeal this, and he blocked completely because he had already made his decision.

Now I feel sorry for the Progressive driver who hit me

from Hot Springs Village, Arkansas

Comments about Progressive:

I would give Progressive a zero stars if I could. I was driving in a small town. Speed limit 25mph. Not sure how fast I was going, but I had just stopped at a stop sign a short block away from the accident. A Progressive driver ran a stop sign and hit my rear driver side fender.. I was dumbfounded when Progressive found me 10% at fault because I sped up slightly to avoid being broadsided and possibly killed. The Progressive agent said that it would have been better if I had stopped. What? Stopped and gotten killed? Now I feel sorry for the driver of the other vehicle because after reading dozens of complaints about Progressive, I feel sure her insurance will skyrocket. The Progressive claims adjuster (mitigator is more like it) says they look at a chart to make a determination of who's at fault. Instead of using the facts and common sense, I suppose. My lawyer says that it is the insurance game and that they see how much they can fault the injured party. Most people will pay rather than hire a lawyer to fight the unfair claim. Add insurance companies to the list of institutions I don't trust.