3.2

3.2

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

If you have a good rep, then Aflac is wonderful.

If I had given this review two years ago, it would have been very negative.  I've had Aflac for about ten years and my representative was just horrible.  He was never around to service the account, and I'd simply forgotten all about it.

But, my new representative is wonderful!!!  She reminded me of my policy and actually assisted me in getting two claims processed.  They were very minor accident claims, but within a week I received two checks totalling over $ 500.00!!!!  I was so pleased, so THRILLED, that I sent my rep flowers!  I would never have seen that money if it wasn't for her!  I wuv her.  :-)

If you're not familiar with Aflac, it is a insurance policy that is in addition to your normal policy.  They offer many different ones, but I have the accident/wellness policy.  Every year, they send me a check for $ 60.00 just for getting my annual physical.  EASY MONEY.  Plus, if we get injured on the job or off the job, we can file a claim to receive money.  I actually received more money than I paid out when my son broke his finger!!  You can't beat that.

I have the premium automatically deducted from my paycheck at work, so I never even miss the money.  And they remove what I owe BEFORE they take out taxes, so it actually helps me pay less to the taxman.  Works for me!

AFLAC Insurance: Supplemental Insurance for Peace of Mind

Insurance is a necessary evil. Most insurance products offer nothing in return for your money except for peace of mind and many of these products do not offer enough protection when a crisis strikes. For those who could benefit from a little added peace of mind, the insurance industry brings us **AFLAC Insurance**, a company with dozens of different insurance policies for greater financial security. **Insurance Commentary:**I have held several different roles in accounting, finance, and management during my working career and AFLAC Insurance is a company I have grown to know quite well. I have served as the administrator of my company's AFLAC insurance plan in past job positions and I have dealt directly with AFLAC representatives. In general, my experience has been positive, but the overall picture with AFLAC Insurance does reveal a few blemishes, which is typical of many insurance companies. Looking at the positive news first, AFLAC Insurance is a good place to turn when you want insurance protection that goes above and beyond traditional insurance. Even if you are already covered by a policy for health, disability, etc., AFLAC Insurance will still be more than happy to sell you an additional policy. And a nice fact about AFLAC Insurance is that it pays you directly. You can request to have AFLAC send money directly to your medical provider, but most opt for the direct payment method, whereby AFLAC sends you, its customer, a direct payment. Another positive aspect of AFLAC Insurance is that its services are portable. Insurance is usually obtained through one's place of employment and most AFLAC customers received their coverage in the same manner. But the nice thing about AFLAC is that if you change jobs, you don't forfeit your AFLAC coverage. You own the policy, so you can take it with you wherever you go. In addition, the premiums you pay each month do not increase just because you are now separated from your employer. AFLAC will even pay the costs for certain procedures, such as physical examinations, eye exams, and the like. The above facts are all positive reasons to consider AFLAC Insurance, but this company is not without its problems. As for helpfulness, AFLAC Insurance scores a mixed rating from me and this is due to my experience as both an administrator and as a potential customer. When AFLAC Insurance has tried to sell me its services, I have found that the representatives are very helpful and very careful to explain things as well as possible. However, when I have dealt with AFLAC Insurance as an administrator of the plan, my experiences have been negative. I can recall one instance where an AFLAC sales representative wouldn't make an appearance at my place of employment. I was the administrator for the plan and I tried over and over again to convince an AFLAC Insurance sales representative to make an appearance in order to explain the different products that AFLAC offers. The rep refused and instead would send brochures in the mail to hand out to employees. I was surprised by this. Not only does this demonstrate poor customer service, it also made no sense from a sales perspective. The potential commissions the rep could have earned would have easily made the visit worthwhile.  Another strike against AFLAC Insurance is its premium rates. They are generally higher than those of other, similar providers. However, there is one explanation for this that could make AFLAC worthwhile for some people: The ease of obtaining a policy. Take the term life insurance, for example. AFLAC Insurance doesn't require a physical exam, so it makes a good choice for some individuals who are worried that they would not pass a physical or that agreeing to a physical exam would reveal a health issue that would cause the premium price to skyrocket. With AFLAC Insurance, approval is usually instant. They charges higher rates, but they approve most anyone. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

AFLAC Insurance is a pretty good company overall. I have had a generally good relationship with AFLAC over the years and I like some of the features AFLAC offers, such as the portability of AFLAC Insurance, the number of products offered, and the fact that AFLAC Insurance pays you directly. However, the customer service experiences over the years and the higher than average prices are certainly strikes against this company. It adds up to an average rating overall, with an almost equal share of pros and cons.

cloud's sliver lining: rejected

from Portland, OR

Comments about Aflac:

I phoned to inquire about supplemental accident and urgent care insurance. The first words I said were "I am a 68-year-old woman in good health. I have government health insurance in (foreign country) but I need supplemental insurance while in the USA." After asking my name and if I was enrolled in a company plan, she said "we couldn't enroll you because you are over 64." Why bother asking my name? Get off your texting, Susan.

Loophole scam

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Aflac:

Short term disability was denied because I didn't have an exact date of when my hernia happened only an approximate time. I guess I got the hernia on purpose and it wasn't an accident (at least in their eyes). Paid into Aflac over 3 years without ever filing a claim. They wanted to argue that I couldn't prove it wasn't a preexisting condition, despite having no medical history what so ever of any type of hernias. I know 3 people personally who have had similar experiences. They talk a big game about covering you when you're injured and can't go to work but ultimately they just end up looking for loopholes in the contract knowing full well that their clients probably lack the resources to fight them in the court room. I'm happy to say that my company of around 200 people has just dropped their coverage. If I could give them a negative star rating I would. If any Aflac Rep is reading this, I would like to thank you for not covering a week worth of work and forcing me back to work before I was ready because of financial hardship.
My advice to anybody filing a claim with them is to lie as much as possible, don't feel bad about it because they like to lie about what type of coverage you're actually going to get. Supplemental my rear.

I would never recommend Aflac to my worst enemy!!

from Ft. Lauderdale,FL

Comments about Aflac:

I've had this plan since 2010 and every time I submit for a my annual check claim.. easy payout. if it's something over $100 they fight you tooth and nail not to pay out claim.. I'm still fighting for a claim when my daughter spent over night in the hospital..the dates on the hospital documents state over night but Aflac is denying my claim because the dates are not where they want them to be!! JUNK COMPANY!!!

Little more than a scan

from flushing ny

Comments about Aflac:

I have been paying for aflac for years with no claims. I finally had to have surgery. I have never had a more obstructive, difficult or opaque claims process. Everything has to be mailed or faxed, despite the fact that they say you can upload documents on line. When I tried to start and online claim several times, those claims never showed up in the system and the claims rep couldn't find it. My mailed claim is still not in the system 5 days after delivery confirmation and I had to go through 2 people to confirm that they even got the documents. They do not email or call (ever). They only send you a notification that the claim was denied (first try) because I did not have the correct supporting documents. The documents that would be sufficient are never detailed. I have paid more for the insurance than even the claim , and I doubt very much I will get that. Save your money and put it is a savings account - not worth the frustration and hassle even if you do ever get something. I wish I had read the similar reviews first

Don't Bother with AFLAC Dental

from Marietta GA

Comments about Aflac:

Don't waste your money on AFLAC Dental.

1- It costs less to get a cleaning every six months without the insurance.

2- The claim process is a huge hassle. The online claim form does not apply to dental. Had to fill out their form (slightly different from printout from dentist) by hand, go back to dentist for signature, and after all that they accepted the form my dentist printed out in the first place. They sent the check to the dentist, when they are supposed to write it to me. They did not pay the full amount for a filling. They decided "not process" the first claim for the cleaning. So I still do not know if they will pay the amount I paid for a cleaning. Do not bother. They are a pain, they don't pay, and they don't do what they claim to do!

work stress

Comments about Aflac:

I was a member of AFLAC for over 15 years and never had any problems until I started asking questions. I was told that they no longer offered $60 annual check-ups for medical or dental. So, guess what? I went six years without requesting forms until I met TORY PRESTON KING.
I want to let those of you know who are considering joining, make sure the agent you speak with know AFLAC. They will lead you to believe that anything related to work is covered. ITS NOT TRUE. I WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE MARCH 12, 2015 THAT AFLAC DO NOT COVER WORK STRESS. Have your questions ready and be sure to write down the answers.
Thank God for Tory Preston King. I recommend him for your agent and for any questions you may have; including life insurance.
ASK FOR TORY PRESTON KING to get the satisfaction you deserve for your hard earn money.
Remember...Tory Preston King, he's your man for the job.

Aflac is a great program with low cost premiums

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Aflac:

We originally got Aflac because it was offered and the premium was low. At the time when I bought it I had no idea how much Aflac insurance would end up helping us. You always think that nothing bad will happen to you, but it did happen to me. I got sick and was off work for a period of time. I did get some payment from work still but not my whole pay plus on top of that I had medical bills. Having Aflac really saved us. Everything that was happening was easy to report and the claim was easy to file. Although I had the policy I actually knew little about it until I needed it and then their customer service people were so patient with all my questions and helping us with the claims process. Not only did they process my claims quickly, they were also a great resource for other health care and insurance knowledge. I didn’t think that companies like this existed anymore, they truly seemed to care.

WORST COMPANY EVER

Comments about Aflac:

First of all this company does not care about your well being at all! They're reps are clueless and have no idea what they are doing. They pour out every excuse to not pay you your benefits! Terrible terrible company and would not recommend them to anyone! They will take your money gladly and never repay you.

• Available Plans:

One of the best companies!

Comments about Aflac:

I love Aflac and will never go without a cancer policy. When my brother was diagnosed with cancer when he was in college, he only had a few months of treatment and they were paid out over $23,000! Another lady I know had a husband who passed away from cancer. When she was going through his things, she found a old aflac policy that she didn't know he had. She called Aflac and handed over a notebook with 4 years worth of cancer treatment records in it, just hoping she might get something. she got a check for over $80,000! My husband and I get our wellness benefit every year and just hope we never have to use the policy for anything else, but I'm glad to know it's there if we do.

So far so good

Comments about Aflac:

I was offered this insurance just a few months ago through my employer. An agent came and sat down with me and went over everything I needed to know. She was very nice and a great help, so I view their customer service so far as being very great. They offer so many different policies, which I think is great, and it is very affordable for me. Since I haven't had it very long I haven't had any medical issues or doctors visits, yet so I have not yet had to file any claims with them. I like that they send the money directly to you and I have read over the amounts paid to you for different issues. I think it seems really great, and she said even if I switched jobs I could still keep this plan. I really like that because I have lost insurance before when changing jobs so that made me happy to sign up as well. I have no complaints so far with Aflac insurance, I am very pleased with the service, offers, and affordable plan I have with them.