3.3

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

If you have a good rep, then Aflac is wonderful.

If I had given this review two years ago, it would have been very negative.  I've had Aflac for about ten years and my representative was just horrible.  He was never around to service the account, and I'd simply forgotten all about it.

But, my new representative is wonderful!!!  She reminded me of my policy and actually assisted me in getting two claims processed.  They were very minor accident claims, but within a week I received two checks totalling over $ 500.00!!!!  I was so pleased, so THRILLED, that I sent my rep flowers!  I would never have seen that money if it wasn't for her!  I wuv her.  :-)

If you're not familiar with Aflac, it is a insurance policy that is in addition to your normal policy.  They offer many different ones, but I have the accident/wellness policy.  Every year, they send me a check for $ 60.00 just for getting my annual physical.  EASY MONEY.  Plus, if we get injured on the job or off the job, we can file a claim to receive money.  I actually received more money than I paid out when my son broke his finger!!  You can't beat that.

I have the premium automatically deducted from my paycheck at work, so I never even miss the money.  And they remove what I owe BEFORE they take out taxes, so it actually helps me pay less to the taxman.  Works for me!

AFLAC Insurance: Supplemental Insurance for Peace of Mind

Insurance is a necessary evil. Most insurance products offer nothing in return for your money except for peace of mind and many of these products do not offer enough protection when a crisis strikes. For those who could benefit from a little added peace of mind, the insurance industry brings us **AFLAC Insurance**, a company with dozens of different insurance policies for greater financial security. **Insurance Commentary:**I have held several different roles in accounting, finance, and management during my working career and AFLAC Insurance is a company I have grown to know quite well. I have served as the administrator of my company's AFLAC insurance plan in past job positions and I have dealt directly with AFLAC representatives. In general, my experience has been positive, but the overall picture with AFLAC Insurance does reveal a few blemishes, which is typical of many insurance companies. Looking at the positive news first, AFLAC Insurance is a good place to turn when you want insurance protection that goes above and beyond traditional insurance. Even if you are already covered by a policy for health, disability, etc., AFLAC Insurance will still be more than happy to sell you an additional policy. And a nice fact about AFLAC Insurance is that it pays you directly. You can request to have AFLAC send money directly to your medical provider, but most opt for the direct payment method, whereby AFLAC sends you, its customer, a direct payment. Another positive aspect of AFLAC Insurance is that its services are portable. Insurance is usually obtained through one's place of employment and most AFLAC customers received their coverage in the same manner. But the nice thing about AFLAC is that if you change jobs, you don't forfeit your AFLAC coverage. You own the policy, so you can take it with you wherever you go. In addition, the premiums you pay each month do not increase just because you are now separated from your employer. AFLAC will even pay the costs for certain procedures, such as physical examinations, eye exams, and the like. The above facts are all positive reasons to consider AFLAC Insurance, but this company is not without its problems. As for helpfulness, AFLAC Insurance scores a mixed rating from me and this is due to my experience as both an administrator and as a potential customer. When AFLAC Insurance has tried to sell me its services, I have found that the representatives are very helpful and very careful to explain things as well as possible. However, when I have dealt with AFLAC Insurance as an administrator of the plan, my experiences have been negative. I can recall one instance where an AFLAC sales representative wouldn't make an appearance at my place of employment. I was the administrator for the plan and I tried over and over again to convince an AFLAC Insurance sales representative to make an appearance in order to explain the different products that AFLAC offers. The rep refused and instead would send brochures in the mail to hand out to employees. I was surprised by this. Not only does this demonstrate poor customer service, it also made no sense from a sales perspective. The potential commissions the rep could have earned would have easily made the visit worthwhile.  Another strike against AFLAC Insurance is its premium rates. They are generally higher than those of other, similar providers. However, there is one explanation for this that could make AFLAC worthwhile for some people: The ease of obtaining a policy. Take the term life insurance, for example. AFLAC Insurance doesn't require a physical exam, so it makes a good choice for some individuals who are worried that they would not pass a physical or that agreeing to a physical exam would reveal a health issue that would cause the premium price to skyrocket. With AFLAC Insurance, approval is usually instant. They charges higher rates, but they approve most anyone. **Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

AFLAC Insurance is a pretty good company overall. I have had a generally good relationship with AFLAC over the years and I like some of the features AFLAC offers, such as the portability of AFLAC Insurance, the number of products offered, and the fact that AFLAC Insurance pays you directly. However, the customer service experiences over the years and the higher than average prices are certainly strikes against this company. It adds up to an average rating overall, with an almost equal share of pros and cons.

What are you waiting for?

from So. California

Comments about Aflac:

Love Aflac I've had it for years and gives me peace of mind someone's got my back!

Lifesaver - Literally

from New Castle, DE

Comments about Aflac:

I've had AFLAC for the past few years now and they have bailed me out more times than I can count. I used the disability insurance to go out on maternity leave and they sent me a lump sum check within a few weeks. If I get my flu shot for free at work, I submit my forms and they give me money. Prescriptions? Money. Routine doctor's visits? Money. I was bitten by a brown recluse a few weeks ago and we're still waiting for more money from the follow up visits. :) I will never get rid of my AFLAC. My rep is AMAZING, as well! She helps me by going above and beyond in so many ways. Thank you, Courtney B!

It's worth it!!

from Colorado Springs Co

Comments about Aflac:

I have had Aflac insurance for the past 5 years. I love it. Never once had a problem filing any claims. I have Aflac short term,Aflac accident and Aflac hospital protection. In most cases I was paid with in days of sending in paperwork. I recommend Aflac to everyone at work.

Read Then Reread Policy and Fine Print!

from Virginia

Comments about Aflac:

My Experience with Aflac has been a positive one, but there was some hiccups along the way. Accident insurance is what I consider Aflac, and no one truly knows how life can change in an instant, like my life changes on Oct. 14, 2015.
My sister signed up through her employer, a doctors office where she worked as a nurse. I asked her if she "really" needed the policy and her reply was " you never know what can happen". When I received that phone call and she had been flown by helicopter to a hospital cities away I knew this auto accident was serious. She had a diagnoses of TBI and this changed her life forever. Right away I knew she had carried Aflac and contacted the necessary people to see what she was entitled to. It wasn't as cut and dry and many phone calls had to be made before she could receive a check but eventually she received what she was entitled to. Aflac was a smart choice for my sister, it was the safety net to help carry her through this time where she was out of work. It's been a long road but the transition from hospital to home has been made easier since her bills didn't get behind, she will never work again because of this accident, but Aflac gave her a head start until she was able to start receiving disability.

worst idea ever

from omaha, NE

Comments about Aflac:

they came into my work and sold everyone insurance and we have 4 different guys been waiting for almost 3 months for there claims and i tried to cancel they never actually canceled just kept takin money from me and wen i finally did get them to cancel it i had to wait till the end of the month for them to stop taking payme ts and they r still taking payments im about ready to sue

AFLAC... WHAT JOKE

from Jackson,Mi

Comments about Aflac:

I WENT TO HOSPITAL AFTER NOT FEELING GOOD FOR 9 DAYS"DIDNT MISS ANY WORK" AFTER A STAY IN THE HOSPITAL , MANDATORY TIME BY THE DOCTOR I WAS OFF FOR 11 DAYS TOTAL
FILED MY CLAIM , GOT DENIED.. SHORT TERM DISABILTY , AFLAC IS A JOKE.. BECAUSE I NOW HAVE A HEART CONDITION THEY ARE CLAIMING IT IS A PREVIOUS CONDITION. ... EVEN THOUGH A FEDERAL LAW STATES THAT THEY CAN NOT DENY COVERAGE.. IT IS SHORT TERM DISABILTY
NOTHING ELSE NEEDLESS TO SAY AFLAC HAS BEEN CANCELLED, EVEN AFTER THEY TRIED TO TELL ME I COULDNT STOP MY COVERAGE..... I gave 1 star because I have to. .. THEY DONT DESERVE THAT

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

cloud's sliver lining: rejected

from Portland, OR

Comments about Aflac:

I phoned to inquire about supplemental accident and urgent care insurance. The first words I said were "I am a 68-year-old woman in good health. I have government health insurance in (foreign country) but I need supplemental insurance while in the USA." After asking my name and if I was enrolled in a company plan, she said "we couldn't enroll you because you are over 64." Why bother asking my name? Get off your texting, Susan.

Loophole scam

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Aflac:

Short term disability was denied because I didn't have an exact date of when my hernia happened only an approximate time. I guess I got the hernia on purpose and it wasn't an accident (at least in their eyes). Paid into Aflac over 3 years without ever filing a claim. They wanted to argue that I couldn't prove it wasn't a preexisting condition, despite having no medical history what so ever of any type of hernias. I know 3 people personally who have had similar experiences. They talk a big game about covering you when you're injured and can't go to work but ultimately they just end up looking for loopholes in the contract knowing full well that their clients probably lack the resources to fight them in the court room. I'm happy to say that my company of around 200 people has just dropped their coverage. If I could give them a negative star rating I would. If any Aflac Rep is reading this, I would like to thank you for not covering a week worth of work and forcing me back to work before I was ready because of financial hardship.
My advice to anybody filing a claim with them is to lie as much as possible, don't feel bad about it because they like to lie about what type of coverage you're actually going to get. Supplemental my rear.

I would never recommend Aflac to my worst enemy!!

from Ft. Lauderdale,FL

Comments about Aflac:

I've had this plan since 2010 and every time I submit for a my annual check claim.. easy payout. if it's something over $100 they fight you tooth and nail not to pay out claim.. I'm still fighting for a claim when my daughter spent over night in the hospital..the dates on the hospital documents state over night but Aflac is denying my claim because the dates are not where they want them to be!! JUNK COMPANY!!!

Little more than a scan

from flushing ny

Comments about Aflac:

I have been paying for aflac for years with no claims. I finally had to have surgery. I have never had a more obstructive, difficult or opaque claims process. Everything has to be mailed or faxed, despite the fact that they say you can upload documents on line. When I tried to start and online claim several times, those claims never showed up in the system and the claims rep couldn't find it. My mailed claim is still not in the system 5 days after delivery confirmation and I had to go through 2 people to confirm that they even got the documents. They do not email or call (ever). They only send you a notification that the claim was denied (first try) because I did not have the correct supporting documents. The documents that would be sufficient are never detailed. I have paid more for the insurance than even the claim , and I doubt very much I will get that. Save your money and put it is a savings account - not worth the frustration and hassle even if you do ever get something. I wish I had read the similar reviews first