2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

Safe Auto has great customer service

**Safe Auto is a great company that helps many customers who are on a tight budget and need state required car insurance.  The customer service department will bend over backward to help you get coverage.  There are ways of paying that make it easy to sign up.  Safe Auto will hold your check for 7 days while you get immediate coverage.  You can also pay by using a credit card or debit card.  You can pay monthly, every 6 months or yearly.  Before buying Safe Auto for my car insurance I checked around and found that Safe Auto prices are fantastic.  For example one company wanted $88.00 per month for coverage, the same coverage using Safe Auto was only $44.00 per month what a great savings!  There was no question who I was going with.  A couple of times I had to stop coverage due to money shorage and when I called back to get my coverage back no problem.  I am very happy that I have choosen Safe Auto as my car insurance.  **

Safe Auto is the worst insurance company ever.

Safe Auto is horrible.  Horrible staff with horrible attitudes.  I was hit by a person with Safe Auto insurance.  I called them to talk about a mistake on the adjustment.  What I got was a manager telling me in a sarcastic voice that he wishes he had a 'magic wand' so that he could make everthing better, but that he doesn't, so I had to accept what he was telling me - even though the body shop was saying he was wrong too (he refused to speak to the bodyshop). Instead of them easily fixing a small problem I had to get my insurance company involved to make things right.  I hope to never deal with a person who has Safe Auto again.

DO NOT PURCHASE COVERAGE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

from Chicago, Il.

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Safe Auto:

Safeauto proved untrustworthy from the begining.
Gave me quote and 2 weeks later increased rates. Then incerased rate again 2 weeks after that.
I had minor accident and only paid me $800.00 dollars. lowest quote to repair damage was $1700.00
minus $500.00 deductible left me on the hook for $900.00. My wife had accident and safeauto called it a total loss then denied coverage.
Out $11000.00 on that one. Get a lawyer to read their policy carefully. They have built so many
exclusions into the contract with vague wording the can pretty much deny claims at will. I switched companies and purchased with good faith believing I was covered and now I am out $12,000.00!
If there is a way to get out of paying you they have it. Nver would have happened with last company. Hard lesson to learn.
Beware!

WARNING BEWARE OF CANCELATION FEE

from l,ville GA

Comments about Safe Auto:

today I cancellec my policy, I found out there is a 10% cancellation fee ( besed on full policy cost). I applied onlin, then recieved a completed appplication in the mail, weeks after safe auto accepted my money. At the bottom, in small print is the cancellation fee notice. I didn't read the application just signed it. No info online about cancellation policy.

Safe Auto is not worth the money or the hassles.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Safe Auto:

I thought I would save some money and went with Safe Auto insurance. They definitely did the bait and switch on me. The first 6 months that I had coverage with them they were less expensive than the other companies that I had quotes from. But when I got my second bill my insurance rate had skyrocketed. And I didn’t have any accidents or tickets and I have excellent credit. I was really surprised. They were easy to switch to and I did it all online, I even paid on line. However the convenience of that ended up costing me or something because even with the same coverage I had, the premium after it went up was more than any of the other quotes I got. It was unbelievable. Their customer service was not much help when I called them to find out why my premium had went up so much. They couldn’t really give me any answers. I then spoke to a supervisor and they still couldn’t give me any answers as to why except something about market rate which I knew wasn’t it because I had found less expensive elsewhere.

• Available Plans:

Great for anyone on a budget

Comments about Safe Auto:

We have a few vehicles that are only used as 'backup' drivers or for a farm truck during hay season, so paying for full coverage year-round is pretty senseless and wasteful. Safe-auto makes putting coverage on these vehicles fast, easy, and painless. The phone call is quick and easy, and you can print the coverage card immediately afterwards if needed. Their plans are simple and easy to understand and cost less than half what the 'big name' companies charge for the same policy.

Customer Service
Their customer service has always been easy to get a hold of, pleasant, understanding, and accommodating. We have not had to file any claims, but we have not had any problems with them either. They do not constantly call or bombard us with brochures like other companies have, and they do not try to push more than you need.

Available Plans
I have not asked the age limit, but I do know they only offer full coverage on newer vehicles. Older vehicles are limited to minimum coverage. They do have strict restrictions on modifications, but they offer cheap coverage for someone that just wants their vehicle legal.

Safe Auto Car Insurance

Comments about Safe Auto:

As a young teenager I was not the best driver, I had several speeding tickets which affected my insurance terribly, until my insurance agency for car insurance dropped me because I had four speeding tickets within two years. I knew I could not go without insurance so I had to find an insurance place that would cover me. I ended up going to Safe Auto because a relative told me they might cover me but I knew the rates would be higher because of my speeding tickets. I talked to Safe Auto over the phone and their customer service is great. I could actually understand them, and they were well informed with information about their services and what they could offer. The call does take a little while because they have to get all of your information. After taking my information they told me because of my speeding tickets in the previous year it would be a little higher, but lower than most and I was glad they could offer me insurance. I chose state minimum insurance and they told me if i go six months without any driving tickets they would lower my rates, and send me 50 dollars for a good driving record. I have not had any speeding tickets in two years, and I paid 250 dollars for 6 months of coverage. I am a extremely happy customer with Safe Auto and do not see myself changing to another car insurance provider.

set up for disappointment

Comments about Safe Auto:

When I first started looking for car insurance I would call around and get quotes so I knew i was getting the best insurance. I called once just to get a quote and told them I would get back to them if I was interested. My phone rang several times a day and made me feel like I was being pushed to buy their insurance. I like to take my time and do things right and tried to make that a point, in return I was treated very degrading. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

• Available Plans:

You get what you pay for

from Glen Rock, PA

Comments about Safe Auto:

Being on a VERY limited budget, but of course required to carry insurance on my vehicle, I had no other choice but to go with this cut rate insurance company.

First thing that struck me as odd was that when buying the policy, for which I paid a price in addition to the first month's premium, I was due to pay my next premium payment only 21 days after coverage began. No amount of questioning the reps provided a satisfactory answer.

Second, they did not follow through on the discounts I had on my car (anti-theft, airbags, etc) and when I told them I was getting married, they did, in fact, tell me that it would entitle me to an additional discount, for some reason my rate went UP by ten bucks a month!

The reps are FRIENDLY enough, I just dont think they are knowledgeable in the product they sell

Available Plans
It's cut rate insurance...more or less an "insurer of last resort". You're always going to pay a higher premium

NOT STANDING BY THEIR CUSTOMERS

Comments about Safe Auto:

SAFE AUTO REFUSES TO LOOK AT MY CAR AFTER ACCIDENT THAT WAS NOT MY FAULT. HIT BY CAR FLYING AROUND CORNER TO MAKE THE LIGHT, UNABLE TO STOP BECAUSE OF SPEED. FLEW PAST ME EVEN AT THE IMPACT. BECAUSE I WAS MAKING TURN OUT OF PARKING LOT, EVEN THOUGH 3/4 OF THE WAY INTO THE TURN, SAFE AUTO REFUSES TO EVEN CONSIDER THAT I WAS NOT AT FAULT. I HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF ACCIDENTS AND FAULT WAS NOT DETERMINED UNTIL THEY LOOKED AT THE CARS INVOLVED. SAFE AUTO WILL NOT LOOK AT THE CAR UNLESS MY AREA IS IN A "STAFFING" AREA. IF YOU CANNOT "STAFF" THE AREA, THEN DONT SELL INSURANCE IN THE AREA. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY, EASY TO SEE NOW WHY THE RATES ARE LOW. NOTE TO ALL THOSE WHO RATE IT HIGH BECAUSE OF THE PRICES..... DONT HAVE AN ACCIDENT, YOU WILL SEE WHY THEY ARE CHEAP. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND WITH SAFE AUTO IF INVOLVED IN A ACCIDENT YOU DONT GET MUCH

• Available Plans:

Safe Auto is not for me.

from Decatur, GA

Comments about Safe Auto:

Safe Auto quoted me one price and then when the bill came it was more than triple the price. I tried getting someone from the company to call me back and never received a call. So I had to go through my bank to cancel with them. I would have given them a chance to remedy the problem but they wouldn't even call or email back. The only good thing I could say about them is they make it quick and easy to sign up. But that is the only thing I found they did quick and easy. I love the commercials they have but I just wish they were more customer service oriented and less money grabbing. I would not recommend them to anyone at least not to any friends.

Cheap Insurance, Lousy Company with Lousy Policies

Comments about Safe Auto:

My husband and I had our auto insurance through Geico, but switched to Safe Auto because it was $40 less a month - $80 compared to $120.

I bought a policy from Safe Auto on 7/19, and paid $120 to start the policy - $80 up front plus a $40 "down payment". I realized after I bought the policy that I put in the wrong VIN # - I put in the # from our old minivan which we recently sold. I could not change it online, and when I called Safe Auto, they refused to let me change it, saying only my husband could do it, since he's the primary insured (I don't drive). I had to wait until he got home from work to call them and change it, and as he works long hours at a physically demanding job, he wasn't too thrilled to have to sit on hold with an insurance company after work.

Another problem I had was Safe Auto emailed me a copy of our policy and insurance cards, but I had to go through half a dozen steps to open the "secure" email attachment they sent me. It literally took me 20 minutes just to open the darn attachment, so I could print the policy!

I thought everything was fine until literally not even a week after I bought the policy, I got a bill in the mail for another month of coverage! I did not have the money to make another payment so soon, so I put it aside, planning on paying it in August. Well today, I got an email saying my policy was cancelled, but I can reinstate it by making a payment. I go to Safe Auto's website, and log into my account, and it says my policy cancelled on 8/16 - but I get notified on 8/21??? And furthermore, I'm apparently "beyond" the reinstatement period, and my policy is "non-rewritable", with no explanation why! It just said to call for a new quote - it would not let me get a new quote online.

How in the world was my policy cancelled for nonpayment a month after I bought it, when I PAID for the first month up front??? I NEVER had that happen with Geico or any other "big name" auto insurance company. I also never had any problems making changes on my auto insurance, even though my husband is technicially the only person insured.

I plan on going back to Geico, even though they charge more. I'd rather pay to be with an insurance company that doesn't cancel a policy when it IS NOT past due!