Other Blenders:

Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

perfect for what i need.

I bought this after my magic bullet broke and after I bought an Oster toaster oven.  I thought, "hey, if they can blend nearly as well as they can toast, this thing will be a winner."  Sure enough, this cheap little blender blends whatever I throw at it without too much of a fuss: maybe some prodding here and there, but never a fuss.  The settings are pretty straight forward and easy to use, the names never made sense to me tho, why not just have a dial labeled fast to fastest - oh well, maybe its just me.  Cleaning this thing is well, like cleaning a blender; not so bad if you dont leave it in the sink for a week to crust and mold.  But who has time to take a blender apart and actually clean it - apparently I do since I'm writing this review.  I have only ever used it for drinks so I can not really review as to how well it does on foods. I would definitely recommend this blender to anyone on a budget as it will probably do exactly what you need it to do; spin, make loud noises, and occasionally prepare food.

For the price a good product

For what I paid for this blender, I have been very happy with it. It does well at chopping up spinach in my smoothies. I do dislike that I have to push stuff down sometimes. I would like it better if it di a better job of getting things on the top incorporated without having to stop and take the lid off and push the stuff down. This happens mostly when I am making smoothies.

Blending Power
This is a fairly powerful blender. Given the price point I actually got better quality than I had expected.

Versatility
I used this mainly to make smoothies, but it works well to mash beans as well. I used these to make my no fried refried beans. If I don't watch it the beans will get overly mashed and be mush. I like them with a few little chunks, not quite like baby food.

Very easy to take apart and then I put it in the dishwasher. what could be simpler.

Pretty standard> The one issue I have with it is the poor spout. No matter how I pour it, it always make a mess. It is almost as if the spout is not big enough to let the liquid come out quick enough. I have tried pouring slower and it still makes a mess.

Nothing spectacular but is any blender really designed spectacular?

Only had it a few months but has been durable thus far.

Oster Blender with Food Processor Attachment

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

The Oster 16-Speed Blender works very well. The blender blends quickly and even crushes ice quickly. I have always had trouble with blenders not crushing ice well, but this one does the trick as long as there is enough liquid. The attachments are dishwasher safe which is awesome. I have not had an issue with the blender leaking, which is something I have experienced with other blenders. I love small appliances that do double duty. It is very easy to assemble and disassemble all the attachments, and the price of this Oster Blender is great; especially when you factor in receiving the food processor attachment. I love the sleek design of this blender and the number of speeds is fabulous - most of the other blenders I found in this price range would only have 8-10 speeds. The size is great, and does not take up much counter space. The lid does well at sealing so that the liquid does not spew out...even when you take off the small part that allows to add more liquid or pieces of food. The only time I had difficulty with blending, I realized that I had not put in enough liquid. Once I added more liquid, it worked great!

Oster Blender Food Processor Attachement

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

I found this product just what I was looking for. I love the fact it comes with a food processor attachment, since it takes up less space.

Blending Power
This doesn't work too well with making green smoothies, I find, since bits of greens are still left. For fruit smoothies it's great, and works well with frozen fruit. The food processor pulverizes food nicely, and works for everything I've tried it on so far.

Versatility
Love the interchangeable parts, and the fact that I can have a food processor but don't need a whole different appliance.

For the price a good product

Versatility

Nothing spectacular but is any blender really designed spectacular?

Only had it a few months but has been durable thus far.

Ok for the price

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

I've had this blender for 6 years and it's still working well. It's not the best but it gets he job done. You may have to add a bit of manual labor when making smoothies but it's worth the price. I want to get a different blender some day but this one has served me well for now and I recommend it as a good basic blender.

Great, allpurpose blender.

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

I use this blender almost everyday. I have had it for about 4 years. I use it for blending soups, shakes, puddings and even to make almond meal. It doesn't grind up the almonds as well as I would like, however, I don't think it was intended to. The speeds on this are good as you can make the food as chunky or smooth as you want. Overall a good blender for the price.

Blending Power
Doesn't crush up ice as finely, but it serves the purpose.

Versatility
I use this for a multitude of things. Soups, puddings, shakes and to crush ice. It does a good job on all, however, the ice doesn't get very fine.

I put mine right into the dishwasher and have had no problems.

Very easy to use and cleans up nicely. Just place in dishwasher, no rust and the blades stay sharp.

The design is sleek and cleans up nicely. The black and silver compliment each other and I can leave it on the counter and it fits right in with my other appliances.

I have had it for about 4 years, good product. Since I use it everyday, this definitely serves the purpose.

• Versatility:

not as great a value as it looks like.

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

It doesn't blend too well, I mainly use it for smoothies and lately haven't been using it much at all. but the food processor didn't make it. It lasted me less than a year before the thing refused to close and blend. The metal rod down the middle somehow became stuck an I just recycled it. I tried boiling the middle (in case it was stuck with food) forcing it down, hitting it, but nothing worked. I used the processor from my tasty garlic mashed potatoes to dough for my home made pot pies. I have used the blender for smoothies, protein shakes, margaritas, daquiris, and guacamole, but that didn't turn out too well. I purchased this at wal-mart almost 2 years ago, but as I said before the food processor didn't make it past the first year. I bought it around march of 2012, and it lasted me until about that july. So for about a total of 4 months it served me. I definitely think next time i will spend the extra money for a better quality kitchen appliance.

Must have!

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

This blender was constantly ever since it was brought home. It does a great job at crushing ice without it getting jammed like other blenders that break down. It breaks down the ice with such precision that it is ideal for cocktails like margaritas. In additions, it is used to make my fruit smoothies and shakes it blends the fruits or substances very well have not experienced any problems with it so far. It is a bit loud of course if it is blending but it gets the job now instantly and makes the smoothies be well blended. I find this blender to be essential or necessity to have in any kitchen. This blender is quite a multifunctional tool that is great and must have in the kitchen.Quite frankly it is easy to use because it does not have much buttons which makes it simple to use. This blender has been used daily and sometimes over used and it works well to be used.

• Versatility:

Super duper strong and versatile

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

Cheaper and easier to use than a Vitamix. Price was a factor when buying this model. My budget was tight. It offered a lot of things and the interchangeable parts are like buying two products for the price of one!

Blending Power
Excellent. Blended WHOLE fruits with ease. Things were nicely pureed and mixed together.

Versatility
Can use it sort of like a Vitamix to make ice cream, smoothies, grind some grains, etc.

Good. Wasn't too hard to rinse, and it was easy to reach most nooks and crannies. Parts that needed to come apart for this process did so.

Pretty easy to use. You have to get used to connecting the blender or other attachments, but once you do, it's a breeze.

It's a little art deco for me, but everything could be found okay, so I'm alright with the design.

While I've had it a few months and it's working as if it's new, I can't state for a fact that it's going to last years and years. I hope it does, but you never know.

• Versatility:

Oster blender and food processor - a great product for everyday

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

We received this blender/food processor as a wedding gift almost five years ago, and we have been very happy with this product. I like that this is two appliances in one - I don't have to have a separate blender and food processor.

I use this blender every day, often to make smoothies. I have found that this blender crushes ice and frozen fruits with ease and I really like the consistency of our smoothies. I haven't had problems with chunks getting stuck in the blades. My only complaint about the blender is that sometimes there is some leaking from the lid when I am using it. I can tell that the motor is on it's last legs, but I think that is pretty impressive considering I have been using this product just about every day for almost five years.

I use the food processor attachment when I make baby food. Sometimes the lid is a bit difficult to put on, and if it is removed from the motor wrong, it is easy to spill the contents, but I am happy with this attachment.

I would purchase this product again, and would recommend it to someone as well.

Perfect for Mom, Oster 6878

Comments about Oster 16-Speed Blender with Food Processor Attachment:

Okay so my mom is a cancer patient and need to eat healthier like vegetables and fruits and she asked me to buy her a processor that she can use for her food and stuff and I bought her this oster 6878 and ship it to her internationally and she started using it and she said to me this is a great processor. she is loving it and she always uses it. uses it everyday and still working like it suppose to be. I wish I could get her the most expensive one like ninja but I couldn't afford it so I give this a try and she is really happy with this one and if ever time will come this processor stop working, I will still buy same one as a replacement. This is affordable and excellent machine for my mom. I highly recommend this to everybody.