Other Blenders:
Countertop Blenders
KitchenAid
Models:
RKSB560WH, KSB560TG, KSB560MC, KSB560BW, KSB560ER, KSB560GC, KSB560OB, KSB560PK, KSB560SM, KSB560AC
KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender
Rca_2013_normal

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Kitchenaid does it again!

We knew we needed a blender for two simple reasons: homemade salsa and yogurt smoothies! Both of those items were really tough to make by hand. But shopping for a blender wasn't much fun. I read review after review, discouraged by high prices and low quality. Then a friend told me about Kitchenaid's blender. Already the happy owner of a Kitchenaid stand mixer, I decided to investigate and see how their blender stacked up. I was delighted to find hundreds of positive reviews, but the bargain price made me wonder if perhaps this kitchen gadget didn't have quite the same quality as my stand mixer. Still, I decided to go with the Kitchenaid reputation and my friend's recommendation, and I am so glad I did! This blender is very sturdy. It can handle crushing ice and mincing tomatoes with equal ease -- without turning either item into absolute mush. The options include Stir, Chop, Mix, Puree, and Liquefy, and the Pulse feature allows the user to control the speed and duration of each action. We've made everything from snow cones to salsa in our blender, and it is a cinch to clean. You simply unscrew the bottom to remove the glass container and blades. We run ours through the dishwasher to be extra sure we get rid of any stray cilantro and onions, but cleaning by hand also works. And, once again, Kitchenaid offers a wide range of colors to match its other gadgets and the decor of any kitchen. This is a winner!

Poor quality Product

My husband boughht me a Blender for my birthday one year. I loved to use it in the beginning and used all the time. Then months went by without use. We were blending dog food for my puppies. Not too hard. Anyways the spinner on the base that operates the blades broke. The black rubber around it came off. Now we can not use it. I emailed the company customer service and they replied by giving me a phone # to call. Not very good customer service. I think they should have sent me a new piece for the blender. It was not over 1 year old and we never abused it or put anything too hard in it. Puppy dog food and water should not have made the product break. I looked online and found many people had the same problem. There is a replacement part you can buy for like 6.00, but I think customer service should had suggested that. I really like Kitchen Aid products, I just do not like that they did not stand behind the products

Fun Little Blender

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Cons

• Cooking
    • Crushing Ice
    • Drinks
    • Small Kitchen

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This blender is such a breeze. I use this thing year round for literally everything. I am a huge smoothie drinker. So I am constantly making smoothies in this thing. So I am blending ice, frozen fruit and so on. My blades do not get dull or bent. This blender is also really easy to take apart and clean, verses other blenders I have had in the past. There are just some that are really hard to mess with and on the other blenders some parts do not come clean or you can not get them back together. Which is a pain in the butt. What I really like about this blender is that it matches my kitchen and at the same time it stands out on its own. This blender is such a beauty. The only thing that I have noticed is that over time the keypad area is wearing down, as would any over time.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best blender I have ever had!

from Horse Shoe, NC

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I have been married for 26 years and went through numerous blenders, one of those appliances that just simply does not stand the test of time. Kitchen aide may have changed that. Going on 4 years of owning this top notch blender. Love it!

Versatility
    Use for things you could use a food processor for, as well as smoothie making, juicing, etc.

Decent

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I would say this isn't a bad blender. It's very easy to assemble but I often misplace the pices because they are smaller than what I'm used to. With 5 speeds, this blender can reduce anything you put in it into a liquid. However, I think it's a bit expensive when it's qualities are only average with any other blender.

Very powerful

Versatility
    Very versatile. Beyond just making smoothies you can make fun dips or baby food by putting in your favorite ingredients

Since it comes with so many parts, each part is very easy to clean. You can easily wash and clean everything with a towel in a matter of minutes.

Very easy to use and assemble.

I wouldn't say this is the prettiest blender I've ever had since it's pretty much all gray. It doesn't have that sleek look either, but it is a basic and simple design.

Very durable. Each piece of the blender is made with great material that prevents it from damaging easily

I love this blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I love the KitchenAid brand and this 5-Speed blender is no different. I was using a smaller single serve blender before but decided I needed a larger one. I'm really glad I decided to choose this blender. I really like that the container is plastic not glass. I have found it to be a very durable as I like to make smoothies daily. I also really like that the container is a little wide so it's easy to poor from the container to a glass with no mess. Speaking of mess this pitcher is very easy to clean. Just rinse with water and put in the dishwasher. I would highly recommend this blender to anyone who wants to blend smoothies or other frozen drinks daily.

Blending Power
    Very powerful and always blends to a smooth consistency no matter what we put in it. I often put ice and whole fruit and this blender is powerful enough to make my smoothies very smooth.

Versatility
    I'm sure it could be used for much more, but we mainly use it for blending our smoothies.

Very easy to clean. Once I'm done making my smoothies I usually just rinse it with warm water and then throw in the dishwasher.

Very easy to use and with the container being plastic it's lightweight.

Great looking blender, matches everything in the kitchen and can even be left out on the counter if needed.

So far we have had no problems and we use this blender daily.

• Versatility:

Good quality mid priced blender

from Texas

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is my old standby blender. It is easy to move about in the kitchen, does a better than average job of blending and is dependable plus it has a good track record.

Blending Power
    It doesn't have the power of a Ninja but it does a great job on everything.that I have used it for. I like to make a bean dip but instead of canned refried beans, I like to cook pinto beans and mash them. This blender makes quick work out of mashing these and everyone loves the smooth texture.

Versatility
    I use the blender for drinks as well as anything that I need a smooth texture for.

Comes apart easily for cleaning and storing. Pieces are easy to clean and I put it in the dishwasher. The blade on this unit is extremely sharp so being careful when handling is a must.

It's put the pieces together and it's ready to go.

Because it does break down, storing is easier and because it is light weight it is easier to move to where you need it. No, I don't likethe clutter all of these gadgets would create if left on the counter.

Looks new and works great.

dependable

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

After debating on which brand name mixer to buy, my husband and I recently purcased the Kitchen-Aide 5 speed blender. We are always entertaining and find the need to use it often. It has been a very durable and sturdy blender. We use it alot for frozen drinks and smoothies. The performance is outstanding, it always chops the ice perfectly for our frozen drinks and our smoothies could not get any smoother. With other blenders we have had in the past, they have been somewhat difficult to clean, but with the kitchen-aide, we find it very easy to clean after using. We usually just put the pitcher in the dishwasher or on occasion have cleaned it in the sink. We also use alot of cheese for different types of recipes and believe it or not, we use our Kitchen-Aide blender for chopping cheeses! Sounds crazy, but it works!! So to us, this blender not only blends the perfect frozen drink and smoothie but assists in food preperation as well. I will never buy any other brand blender again!

Very durable

from Cheyenne, WY

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

My husband and I registered for this blender in the dark blue color for our wedding six years ago. This blender is amazingly powerful! I usually use it for smoothies and put frozen fruit in the mixture. It chops up the frozen fruit like it is no problem!

A feature that I learned about blenders from reading the guide that came with this blender is how to clean them. All you need is a few drops of soap and some hot water. Then you run the blender and it almost completely cleans itself! So thankful to have learned this because I have not had a dishwasher in over six years!

The blades are very sharp. We only use our blender occasionally but after six years of use they are still very sharp. This is why I am glad that I learned about the "self clean" feature that I mentioned above. If you hand wash it, be very careful. I've cut myself a few times on those sharp blades!

I love the color, how it fits in with my kitchen, and the durability of this product.

• Versatility:

Great product with lots of power

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I love this blender. The blades are strong and sharp. It blends chops or purées. The handy hole on top of lid allows you to add to your mixture without turning it off .

Blending Power
    The blender can chop ice to make any great summer drink.

Versatility
    Can purée and make a great butternut squash bisque but can also chop ice for drinks

Great Blender

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

This is a great blender with five speeds. This gives you an opportunity to blend at all different levels . It can also blend practically anything! This is a great blender for the price. Kitchen Aid is a great brand and makes great products. It is well trusted, and I would recommend this blender to anyone that is looking to purchase one.

• Versatility:

Great product and customer service from Kitchen Aid.

Comments about KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender:

I bought this blender almost a year ago and use it almost daily. About a month ago the plastic pieces where the blender and the motor connect started to wear out and wasn't allowing the blades to work. I had sent in the warranty right when we bought this and I'm so glad I did. I contacted the KitchenAid customer support and the person I talked to was so helpful, kind, and patient with me. They sent me a replacement blender at no cost to me and all I needed to do was send my blender back in the box prepared by them. The replacement blender also came with a warranty that I sent in. The blender is great. I typically blend smoothies and hummus in the blender and they have always turned out smooth and wonderful. I have recommended this product and brand to family and friends and will continue to recommend to those who ask!

Blending Power
    Keeps my smoothies smooth. When I blend frozen Items I do have to use a spoon to scoop the fruit back near the blade.