Other Blenders:

Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

It's absolutely fabulously fun and easy to use!

I love my Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker!  It is great for parties, or just when you want a frosty good margarita.  I  use it to make non-alcoholic snow cones and slushies for the kids.  Also, throw in some espresso and your favorite ice cream and you've got your very own high-end frozen coffee drink…yum!

Great while it lasted

This machine was great at making the perfect blended margarita or smoothie.  The ice was always crushed perfectly, until about a year and a half after I bought the machine.  The ice would spin on the top, but not grind it.  I would end up with large chunks of ice in my margarita and would clog up my straw.  Unfortunately, the machine was no longer under warranty and I did not want to spend so much on another.  Sometimes it would work, but most of the time it would not grind the ice.  Eventually it would not even turn.

If they make a more compact version in the future, I would definitely consider buying another Margaritaville blender.  However, for the amount of space and the price, I think I will have to go with my cheap blender that I got as a wedding gift for now.  They are the same when it comes to cleaning, but I will admit that the margaritas from the Margaritaville machine were much better.  Especially when adding frozen fruit.

I LOVE my Key West Frozen Concoction Maker

from Moscow ID

Pros

• blends ice easily and effeicently
  • easy to clean
  • Easy to use
  • takes a few minutes to blend ice down

Cons

• fairly loud

• Iced coffees
  • Margaritas
  • Slushies

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

this is stupid easy to use! you put the ice in the top and the water and mix in the pitcher, turn on and it crushes the ice and you choose how much ice to blend in to the water and mix!. we make slushies, iced lattes and margaritas for the adults. it is a huge hit with family and friends

• Was this a gift?:

Great for margaritas

from Richmond VA

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

I absolutely love to make frozen margaritas (they're my specialty, so I make them a lot for parties), but in other blenders, I have had them turn out way too icy and choppy and not smooth enough. It's disappointing, and then you end up having to wait for the chunks of ice to melt before you keep drinking them, which dilutes the taste. This blender did an amazing job of making my drinks smooth and professional-tasting, with no big chunks of ice at all! They tasted better than ever and I was so proud of them. Everyone complimented them and so many people wanted to get this same blender to make margaritas and smoothies at home!

Very nifty addition to my bar collection! We love it!

from Birmingham, Al

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

My husband and I really got this gadget as a joke, but we were really amazed with it's power and versatility! It does it all we couldn't be happier with it's performance and it's durability. It is amazing.

Blending Power
It is a very powerful blender and it grinds your ice so quickly and to such a smooth texture, it works great for any blended or frozen drink you would want to create.

Versatility
It is great for grinding down fruits, veggies, nuts, and ice of all sizes. It really is a powerful and effective blender.

It cleans up like a dream, my only complaint would be that it comes apart into a few too many pieces for me and I almost always have to have my husband put it back together for me.

It has 5 speeds it is so easy to use just toss it in and push the button. And the buttons tell you exactly what they will do.

It is such a unique lookin thing I always get comments and questions from friends who see it.

We love it and use it all the time especially in the summer, we have a pool and have a lot of family and friends get together and it has lasted with lots of usage. It is the hit of our parties.

• Versatility:

Great blender - but limited use!

from Troy NY

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

We do love our Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker for parties and picnics at our house - because it does make some of the tastiest margaritas around - it is phenomenal at crushing the ice and making the perfect blend of frozen drinks. And of course, there's no end to the types of margaritas you can make - mango margaritas, strawberry margaritas, raspberry margaritas, we've even done watermelon margaritas.

It's also great for other icy frozen drinks - frozen mudslides, frozen daquiries of any flavor, pina coladas, etc. etc.

However, it's not great for anything that you DON'T want crushed ice in, so it's not a good blender for smoothies or soups or anything.

And the price tag is a bit hefty for a blender which can only make frozen drinks. So all in all the Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker is great for what it's designed for, it's just not designed to do much.

• Versatility:

Great fun summer product!

from Tuscaloosa, AL

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

This is a fantastic blender, especially if you love restaurant-quality frozen drinks! I purchased this as a gift for my husband, and he has loved it so much. It's an easy way to blend ice, make frozen drinks, or make shaved ices in the summer months.

Blending Power
Very powerful; things don't get stuck in the bottom like in some traditional blenders. That always drives me crazy. But the pre-crushing action makes it blend really smoothly.

Versatility
It's designed specifically, but you can do a good many things with it. I've made ices, milkshakes, frozen cocktails, smoothies and a few other things with my Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker.

Fun, pretty; I leave it on our counter in the summer! It's large, but it just means you can make a batch and have it for a few hours if it's a small group or just you!

Three years in, and it's going great! The only thing that bothers me is when ice melts and I want to put it up already - you have to give it drying time before it's put away.

• Versatility:

Great, fun product for parties

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

I bought this product because my husband and I like to entertain outside when the weather is nice and we also love margaritas. This is a fun looking product and people always ask about it and comment about how cool it looks.
I had my doubts about buying it since it is pretty expensive, but it has worked out well for us and has been worth the money.
My favorite feature is that it shaves the ice rather than crushing it and smoothing it like a normal blender does. The margaritas really come out tasting perfect. We have had this blender for over a year and it still works great and makes the perfect margarita every time.

I would say this is my least favorite part of this blender. It is not easy to clean, and the pitcher is quite heavy. You really have to make sure it is very clean before storing it since the mixture can cause parts to become very sticky.

The design is great and the blender is very cool looking. It is a great conversation product.

• Versatility:

Expensive but makes a great margarita!

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

This is a great product to have if you love a margarita. My husband and I saw this while registering for wedding gifts. It is incredibly expensive so we knew we could not own it unless we got it as a gift. Fortunately, someone purchased this for us. We have loved everything about it. It makes an incredible margarita. It also makes the process of making one much easier. We use it all the time during the summer months for margaritas by the pool. It makes a decent batch each time as well. It is certainly worth the price. I think they taste better in this than in the blender. However, it is really expensive.

Blending Power
This machine is much stronger than a blender in my opinion. I have made margaritas both ways and prefer them in this machine. It blends them quickly and effectively.

It is pretty easy to clean. It is not incredibly simple but it is worth the extra cleaning to use it.

I have found it very easy to use.

I love the design. I think it looks classy and fits well in my cabinet when I am not using it.

We have had no problems with it in two years of marriage.

Yummy drinks!

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

This blender does exactly what it says it does, and makes perfect consistency margaritas and any other type of frozen drink you can think of.

There are a few things I would like to point out for you to be aware of:

1) It is BIG. It can be tricky to find a space to store it in the kitchen, as it might not fit in cabinets and it's also pretty heavy.

2) It is better at making a full pitcher than just one drink. Something about having a lot of ice works best and just putting a single glass full of ice in often make it too watery if you use the automatic cycle. Therefore, for a single drink I hold the shave switch for a few seconds before using the automatic mix cycle and it works really well.

3) The shaved ice melts quickly in a glass, so it's better to chill glasses first.

Overall, it does exactly what it says it does and it creates yummy drinks - so you can't really go wrong! Absolutely delicious!

• Versatility:

My favorite machine during the summer

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

The Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker is my favorite machine the summer months. I make every frozen drink imaginable with this maker. Fruit smoothies for my god kids, to margaritas for guests, to coffee drinks for my husband and myself. I wish I could use it year round but we have little use for shaved ice drinks in the other months, and this machine is large. It will not fit between the counter top and the area underneath our cabinets, so during the warmer months we set it on the bar in our patio room.

This machine comes in four modes. The DM1000, DM0600, DM0500 and the DM6000.

Blending Power
It shaves ice and easily blends drinks with no issues whatsoever. It doesn't leave lumps like a blender would.

Versatility
It's great for drinks or you can use the ice shaver and add some flavoring for some shaved ice you can eat with a spoon. You can set it to blend only/shave only setting.

Just rinse it clean and dry it. I never let machines like this dry on their own because they are prone to rust very easily.

Just read your manual. After the first time you'll use it so much that you'll have it memorized.

Lovely sleek design. I do wish there were more colors than green and silver. The glass blending jar has a large handle and a drip free spout.

We've used ours for only one summer, but we used it almost every dad. There have been no issues.

Margarita Maker

Comments about Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker:

I bought the Margaritaville Key West Frozen Concoction Maker a few months ago when it was on sale for Cyber Monday. I'm not really a big margarita drinker, but I had a little too much wine that night, and I had a credit card. When it arrived, it was much bigger than I had anticipated, but the ones in restaurants are huge. So, I guess this is small in comparison. It's so easy to use. You just add your ice and mixers, and then you can choose how many drinks you are making. You can make one, two, or three. It was super fast at making the drinks, and they were delicious! I probably won't use this that often, but it would be great for parties. Everyone that comes to my house asks about it, and they all want one until I tell them what I paid for it. This is a neat thing to have, but I shouldn't have spent so much money on something I will rarely use. I would recommend this to anyone who regularly likes frozen drinks.