Other Blenders:

Oster 12-Speed Blender

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Best blender for Indian masalas.

Our Indian cuisine demands elaborate masala grinds and batter grinds. When we arrived in the USA I tried several brands of blenders to get the desired consistency, but Oster blender is by far the best bet. Its so easy to use and maintain. The cleaning is a breeze. I recommend it to all the serious chefs out there, this blender can handle everything.

Low price, low quality

We got one of these blenders for our wedding and no less than a year went by before the bowl had already broken. We got the one with a plastic bowl, and the plastic is pretty cheap and not very sturdy - I recommend a mixer with a glass bowl at least. The motor was good and the rest of the mixer held up well, but it could have used a little more power. I feel much more confident with our new mixer, which has a glass bowl than I did with this one. The bowl shattered while the mixer was on - we were trying to grind ice into a smoothie (which any mixer should be able to do) and the cheap plastic couldn't take the strain of the ice and cracked, sending smoothie everywhere. I would only recommend this blender to those who regularly blend soft things like yogurt and cream cheese with other soft things, but not to someone who ever wants to be able to blend frozen goods together, which really, is why you purchase a blender as opposed to using your mixer. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone I know.

a lot of controls and large

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

The blender is a 12 speed blender which is what I was looking for. It has a very large glass cup, which is great. It's not that easy to clean but it is not a problem, it's not perfect. I would recommend it if it was easy to clean but it is not.

Blending Power
It is a 12 speed blender and is very powerful, I make fruit drinks some times and it comes out perfect.

It is kind of hard to clean that is because the glass cup is very thick and heavy, kids can't carry the cup alone.

This blender is very hard to clean, it is also very loud. The buttons are labeled with words that describe the different blend modes, it has 12 modes to be exact. The glass cup is thick and heavy which I don't like.

It is very heavy and buttons are not soft which I didn't like. The glass cup is very heavy kids can't hold the glass cup. The glass cup is large and the blender is made of plastic which is easy to clean. IIt has twelve speed settings all together.

• Versatility:

Good one for the light work.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I purchased this little blender to with the idea to be used in making sauces and dips. I have a much larger and more powerful blender as well but this one serves best for my cooking. The blender makes a great puree or sauce, but I wouldn't recommend using it for ice crushing. The blender has a nice selections of speeds to help control your final blend. I have tried it a few times with ice and frozen bananas and it seemed a little weak for my uses. It is very easy to clean and store the unit as well. I would highly recommend this blender for cooking and prep work in most any home kitchen. It may be small thing to others but I found the frontal controls being forward facing a very nice feature, they don't seem to get as dirty as my larger blender with its controls facing upward waiting to catch in drip that may occur. I like it and would recommend it to others for the same purposes I have it for,

• Versatility:

Decent blender for standard kitchen use

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This is a fine blender with 12 speeds and a pulse button. It is powerful enough for the price.

Blending Power
For the price compared to other blenders on the market, this one is fine. It's not the most powerful one out there, but it gets the job done making things like smoothies.

Versatility
We only use this blender for a couple of things: smoothies and grinding up peppers to make chili powder. I've tried other things that typically go in a food processor with little luck.

The blender base, glass, and lid all separate to make cleaning easy.

I had to learn some tricks with this blender, because the power is a little lower. When blending something, I have to be careful to add things in stages and mindful of the way I layer things. But I feel that's typical of any standard blender.

I love that the pitcher is glass. The entire product is really hefty. The lid and the bottom of the base are plastic, but those parts seem fine as well.

• Versatility:

This is the perfect blender for occassional use

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

If you are the type to use your blender everyday and want a super fast and effective blender this is probably not the blender for you. We just use our blender occasionally so we don't need anything fancy and it is perfect for us. It is very reasonably priced and it has all held up really well for the 3 years we have had it; no rusting, chipping, cracking, etc. Overall, I would definitely recommend it!

• Versatility:

chops ice and mixes amazingly. Couldn't have picked a better one

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

Bought this blender when my first one was so old that it was barely chopping the ice. Looked around read all different reviews and thought this one may be a good choice so went on a whim. I was NOT let down! put it to the test by making a banana daiquiri and not only did it blend the drink nicely, it was done in almost an instant. No complaints so far with this blender at all.

Versatility
works on smoothes to daiquiris to blending something for a recipe.

Typical issues with a blender,, still fairly easy however.

amazing blender

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

This one works so good. It is so useful. You can use it to blend so many things.

Blending Power
This has great power. It blends the strongest things.

It is easy to clean. But all blenders are somewhat hard to clean

This blender is so easy to use. I love using it.

The design looks great.

Great blender!

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I think the Oster 12 speed blender is great, but sometimes leaves my pesto sauce resembling baby food. It can take a lot of work to figure out the best way to make sure everything you stick in this blender doesn't turn to gross mush. Even with 12 speeds, it's not exactly a nuanced and versatile kitchen appliance. But-- it makes one heck of a smoothie!

Blending Power
The power is there! I can always get great results with crushing ice, making smoothies, and blending ingredients for sauces. Sometimes a little too powerful- it can whip a tomato into oblivion!

Versatility
I wish the lower speeds were a little better at leaving texture when needed- it can be done though, slowly and carefully!

Dishwasher safe!

I think a larger carafe would be nice!

The glass is pretty thick, but but it shattered on my kitchen floor recently. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could purchase a replacement since the motor was still working great!

Above average, good value

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

My husband and I received this as a wedding gift. I love the glass jar, the variety of speeds and the lightweight base. For the price, it is a very good value. I have only used the blender a hand full of times, so I am hoping this blender will last many many years - it seems like it has staying power.

Blending Power
I just made a carrot, delicata squash and ginger soup so I needed to blend all the ingredients along with hot bouillion - not only was the glass perfect for this, the blending power of this machine created a smooth, creamy soup.

Versatility
I haven't chopped anything yet, but I have blended and pureed food items and the blender has come through nicely so far.

Straight forward - I even put the glass jar in the dishwasher - all the parts come apart and it's been a breeze to clean it.

So far so good.

• Versatility:

Great blender at a great price!

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

I purchased this blender about 6 months ago for a fairly cheap price and I am very happy with it. It has alot of different functions for chopping or blending. I mainly use mine for smoothies, it does a wonderful job at blending the frozen or fresh fruit and the ice. This blender is made very durable and the glass jar is nice for measuring also. Overall very pleased with it

• Versatility:

Oster 12-Speed Blender with Brushed Nickel Finish 6811 is good!

from Draper, UT

Comments about Oster 12-Speed Blender:

So I bought this Oster 12- Speed Blender with Brushed Nickel FInish 6811 about  5 years ago and it is still working really well. I'm surprised it has lasted this long! I use it EVERY day to make my family smoothies and this blender blends everything very good. The only downfall is that the bottom plastic has started to break off a bit but considering the great use if had of it I guess it's not that bad. I have tried other blenders and they don't blend things correctly. Especially when it comes to frozen things. I use frozen fruit to make my smoothies and have no problem with it blending everything correctly.I also trust this brand, since I have other products that are by this brand. I evetually want to upgrade to another blender but for now I can't really complain much about this Oster 12-Speed Blender with Brushed Nickel Finish. It is also very easy to take apart and wash. It's also dishwasher friendly since that's the way I clean it.