Other Blenders:
VM0103
Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200
Rca_2013_overall

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200

Pros

• Good power output (83)
  • Easy to clean (77)
  • Precise control (60)
  • Good pitcher (56)
  • Stable (51)

Cons

• Hard to clean (17)
  • Poor pitcher (13)
  • Unstable (10)
  • Complicated controls (9)
  • Not powerful (6)

• Drinks (87)
  • Cooking (57)
  • Crushing ice (52)
  • Small kitchen (43)
  • Large kitchen (35)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (55), Avid cook (22), Gourmet chef (19)
    • I received a sample (76), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (24)

The Vita Mix is a work horse of a blender - our best yet!

About two years ago I started making a fruit smoothie every morning.  Frozen strawberries, a banana, orange juice, yogurt, and flax seed (and more recently blue berries).  Unfortunately I found that our standard Kitchen Aid blender was not up to the task.  It simply could not handle the frozen strawberries.  I would fight with it by starting and stopping and tilting the blender but I eventually became frustrated. So I did a bit of research and found the Breville Blender which even had a special smoothie setting.  I was happy with this blender for several months but it seemed to lose its initial effectiveness over time.  The seals started leaking, the blades seemed to get duller and I got frustrated.  So, you can imagine my delight when my brother in law offered up his Vita Mix.  They just weren't using it and I was all too happy to take it home for a spin.Well, that was about eight weeks ago.  I am happy to report that I am a very happy user of the Vita Mix.  It is without a doubt more powerful and sturdy by a factor of a at least two than the Kitchen Aid or Breville blenders.  I still need to push the ingredients down once or twice, but once that adjustment is made, it blends through the smoothie ingredients like nobodies business.  The units is a bit louder and bulkier and not as sleek looking at the other two, but at the end of the day I will gladly take function over form.  So if you are a demanding consumer who pushes your blender to the edge, the Vita Mix is for you. Just know you are getting an "industrial strength" blender that is louder, uglier and bigger than the other less powerful models but you will thank yourself in the long run.

Blending Power
Better than any other blender I have owned.

Versatility
We make smoothies and soups

Unlike some other blenders, does not disassemble. The blade does not unscrew from the container. However, still very easy to clean.

Very easy to use. No electronics. Just levels and dials.

Sounds and looks like an airplane motor. Not pretty but gets the job done

Built like a tank

Yuck!

I bought this blender years ago. I saw it demo'd at a store, and saw the versatility it offered along with the added health value. I loved how easy it appeared to function and all of the endless recipes you could make with this machine. You could literally make so many all natural foods that are so healthy for you and your family. I fell in love with this blender and just had to have it. My husband really resisted at the beginning and said I would never use it. I know I wanted to get into a healthier way of eating for both me and my family and this was the machine to do the trick. So I purchased one and couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I knew I could make many new and fun things with my new blender, but my main recipe that I actually bought the machine for, was to make a vegatable drink every morning for my family. All was perfect for the first three months. Then one morning as I was making my drink, there was this very loud metal grounding sound in the middle of this process. Then the vita mix completely stopped, and had this burning smell. I turned off the machine and emptied it out and found the small metal rotating piece on the bottom had completely broken off. I brought it back to the store and received a new one. Once again within a three month period the exact samething happened. This same issue happened a total of three different times. Finally, I returned it a final and purchased another blender from a competitor. And have happily had that blended for at least 7 years with absolutely no problems. So, I'm not a big fan of the Vita Mix.

good

from ly

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

very easy in the kitchen

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

So Powerful

from US

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

The product is very strong and can be made all kinds of juices with great quality and very quickly, and can cut meat easily, and I am a person who used this product in my restaurant and used in the preparation of ice cream and juices and pastries, and its advantages that you can clean it very easily And lightweight. The cutting knife is very sharp and strong. And the product is very suitable in terms of price, you can cut vegetables, grinding spices and cutting all kinds of meat and fruit..
    With one click you can make mango juice with pieces .. I have advised all my family, neighbors and friends to buy this product. This product enjoys a wonderful and attractive color. You can try this great product..

I would buy this produce again and again

from Turkey

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

Its great

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Amazing Product!! Best buy!!

from Tampa, FL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Durable
    • Long warranty period
    • Powerful
    • Stable
    • Variable speed control

Cons

• Hard to Clean
    • Not dishwasher safe

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Honestly, my friend recommended this great product. I wanted a larger pitcher so that I complete my task in one go. Apart from making smoothies, I use it mainly for idli/dosa batter and it turns out amazing. I have been using it since 5 years and still going strong. I also use it to make juice, smoothies, kulfis, homemade ice creams, hummus, chutneys, sauces, cold coffee, soups, to make powdered sugar and specialty flours and nuts.

It has a tamper too which helps for more better result for smoothie. But, I hardly use tamper to mix. I am happy with the mixing quality with the blades. it has enough power to give the best results.

I was hesitant to buy Vitamix for around $400 which I thought its way too expensive. But after using it I am convinced with the worth. I highly recommend and definitely you must use this product.

The best part is it easily adjust speed. The dial can be rotated at any point during the blend. The motor is full of high power and able to blend large portions.

This Vitamix blender is a very solid machine. The design is simple but attractive. It looks bold and bful in the kitchen.
    Dimensions: 20.5 x 8.75 x 7.25 in.
    Blades: Laser-cut, stainless-steel hammermill and cutting blades measuring 3-in diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time
    HP: 2-peak
    Electrical Ratings: 120 V, 50/60 Hz, 11.5 Amps
    Weight: 10 lb 9-ounce
    Design Feature: Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
    Cord: 6 ft

I wanted to let you know that its better to clean the parts with hands and soap rather simply rinsing and putting in the dishwasher safe. I have an habit to use dishwasher daily. But I prefer to clean the jar, blades and other parts to clean it with my hands. I and my family love the product. Whether the size of the family is big or small Vitamix works best.

Using it for these many years I havent faced any challenge and never called the customer service or never had to change/replace any parts. The product design, technology and engg is great.

Check the mixer

from EG

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Poor Pitcher
    • Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

This mixer is expensive but good to use

It is good

from SA taif

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

The great about it is it easy to use

review vitamix variable speed blender 5200

from iraq

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

The product is beautiful and its size is suitable for using the family and does not consume a lot of electric energy. Also, there is no noise noise. Hadi added to many features. The product is of high quality and continues to work for a long time, adding that the product is safe for children's use and added to this beautiful and elegant design.

I love it

from Mismo, florida

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I have had this blender for a whopping 24 hours and am awestruck over how amazing it is. Last night we made a delicious, extremely filling, and healthy Spinach & Vegetable soup from the Vitamix website and was crear!!

This product is amazing!

from Rochester, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

This Vitamix blender has replaced everything that I own, it is so easy to use, I started using this when I started cooking as a beginner and let me tell you I really advice you to buy it, it is so quick and easy no effort at all but thr down side is the cleaning, but its not that hard to clean i would say its 6/10 hard.

Best blender EVER!

from Dixon il

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I absolutely love and enjoy this blender. I have not had any problem with this and hope I never do! Great blender to whip up some yummy Margarita.