Other Blenders:
VM0103
Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200
Rca_2013_overall

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200

Pros

• Good power output (61)
  • Easy to clean (58)
  • Precise control (44)
  • Good pitcher (42)
  • Stable (39)

Cons

• Hard to clean (11)
  • Poor pitcher (11)
  • Complicated controls (8)
  • Not powerful (6)
  • Unstable (3)

• Drinks (66)
  • Crushing ice (41)
  • Cooking (38)
  • Small kitchen (31)
  • Large kitchen (25)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (40), Avid cook (19), Gourmet chef (12)
    • I received a sample (62), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (20)

The Vita Mix is a work horse of a blender - our best yet!

About two years ago I started making a fruit smoothie every morning.  Frozen strawberries, a banana, orange juice, yogurt, and flax seed (and more recently blue berries).  Unfortunately I found that our standard Kitchen Aid blender was not up to the task.  It simply could not handle the frozen strawberries.  I would fight with it by starting and stopping and tilting the blender but I eventually became frustrated. So I did a bit of research and found the Breville Blender which even had a special smoothie setting.  I was happy with this blender for several months but it seemed to lose its initial effectiveness over time.  The seals started leaking, the blades seemed to get duller and I got frustrated.  So, you can imagine my delight when my brother in law offered up his Vita Mix.  They just weren't using it and I was all too happy to take it home for a spin.Well, that was about eight weeks ago.  I am happy to report that I am a very happy user of the Vita Mix.  It is without a doubt more powerful and sturdy by a factor of a at least two than the Kitchen Aid or Breville blenders.  I still need to push the ingredients down once or twice, but once that adjustment is made, it blends through the smoothie ingredients like nobodies business.  The units is a bit louder and bulkier and not as sleek looking at the other two, but at the end of the day I will gladly take function over form.  So if you are a demanding consumer who pushes your blender to the edge, the Vita Mix is for you. Just know you are getting an "industrial strength" blender that is louder, uglier and bigger than the other less powerful models but you will thank yourself in the long run.

Blending Power
Better than any other blender I have owned.

Versatility
We make smoothies and soups

Unlike some other blenders, does not disassemble. The blade does not unscrew from the container. However, still very easy to clean.

Very easy to use. No electronics. Just levels and dials.

Sounds and looks like an airplane motor. Not pretty but gets the job done

Built like a tank

Yuck!

I bought this blender years ago. I saw it demo'd at a store, and saw the versatility it offered along with the added health value. I loved how easy it appeared to function and all of the endless recipes you could make with this machine. You could literally make so many all natural foods that are so healthy for you and your family. I fell in love with this blender and just had to have it. My husband really resisted at the beginning and said I would never use it. I know I wanted to get into a healthier way of eating for both me and my family and this was the machine to do the trick. So I purchased one and couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I knew I could make many new and fun things with my new blender, but my main recipe that I actually bought the machine for, was to make a vegatable drink every morning for my family. All was perfect for the first three months. Then one morning as I was making my drink, there was this very loud metal grounding sound in the middle of this process. Then the vita mix completely stopped, and had this burning smell. I turned off the machine and emptied it out and found the small metal rotating piece on the bottom had completely broken off. I brought it back to the store and received a new one. Once again within a three month period the exact samething happened. This same issue happened a total of three different times. Finally, I returned it a final and purchased another blender from a competitor. And have happily had that blended for at least 7 years with absolutely no problems. So, I'm not a big fan of the Vita Mix.

I like this

from millis, ma

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
  • Powerful

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I like this because it fits in My smaller kitchen and I use it frequently, but the blades are sometimes hard to get out

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

i would buy this product because is important in the kitchen

from san jose costa rica

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• Complicated Controls
  • Poor Pitcher

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

i try tu use it to crush ice and mix vegetables to prepare some drinks

its great blender

from calgary canada

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

this is my go to blender

Vitamix blender review

from algeria

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean
    • Poor Pitcher

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Device is not worthy of its imperfections system generally acceptable in everyday use and pans remembrance

Good blender

from LA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I bought this blender a week ago , since then I used it many times and times.it look beautiful ,powerful and easy to use.one day when I try to put stuff in it it slipped off the table,but fortunately I was surprised that it didn't break down, so it is really strong blender.one thing I hate about it, it makes loud sound especially with hard food and ice mixture.

Very good

from Mohammed

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

It is easy to use and very fast and great

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy this product

from Anchorage United state

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful

Very good

Exceeded expectations!

from Ion,California

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher
          • Precise Control

Cons

• Not Powerful
          • Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Oh man, I love this thing! I'd started making fresh juices for myself by borrowing various juicers from friends for a week at a time. I tried a couple of centrifugal juicers, but there was a ton of waste. My dad bought a VitaMix and said it was terrific. Then, I was doing some freelance work for a creative group, and the president told me that she has been juicing for four years, using centrifugal and masticating juicers, but the VitaMix was THE ONE. She was getting rid of all her other juicers. That did it. I make fresh juice several times a day now. The VitaMix could not possibly be easier to clean - most of the time all I have to do is rinse the container and top. My husband, who turns up his nose at ANYTHING good for him, is now chugging spinach/grape/banana/pineapple juice once or twice a day - and loving it! My two girls, 13 and 11, are making their own juices - even when I'm not around. VitaMix uses the entire fruit or vegetable. You get all the fiber and no waste. Couldn't be happier.

One caveat: Many kitchens don't have enough space above the counter to fit the whole VitaMix underneath (with base and pitcher it's 18" tall), but I have mine on a little table that has enough clearance. I'm sure that helps me use it more, since I don't have to dig parts out from a cabinet.

Love This Product

from Athens, AL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control

Cons

• Poor Pitcher

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I am always trying different types of smoothies, milkshakes and other drinks. I absolutely love having this product in my home. Lots of power, I don't have to worry about burning it up like I have with others in the past. The only thing that I think might could be better is the quality of the pitcher, but it hasn't broken so far so i am not complaining. I also occasionally use it to blend up parfaits. All around good product and would definitely buy again for myself or as a gift to a loved one.

I would buy this product again

from Stuttgart, De

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Precise Control

Cons

• Poor Pitcher

Goooooood