Other Blenders:
VM0103
Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200
Rca_2013_overall

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200

Pros

• Easy to clean (57)
  • Good power output (57)
  • Precise control (42)
  • Good pitcher (40)
  • Stable (36)

Cons

• Hard to clean (9)
  • Poor pitcher (9)
  • Complicated controls (7)
  • Not powerful (6)
  • Unstable (3)

• Drinks (63)
  • Crushing ice (39)
  • Cooking (38)
  • Small kitchen (29)
  • Large kitchen (24)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (37), Avid cook (18), Gourmet chef (12)
    • I received a sample (59), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (19)

The Vita Mix is a work horse of a blender - our best yet!

About two years ago I started making a fruit smoothie every morning.  Frozen strawberries, a banana, orange juice, yogurt, and flax seed (and more recently blue berries).  Unfortunately I found that our standard Kitchen Aid blender was not up to the task.  It simply could not handle the frozen strawberries.  I would fight with it by starting and stopping and tilting the blender but I eventually became frustrated. So I did a bit of research and found the Breville Blender which even had a special smoothie setting.  I was happy with this blender for several months but it seemed to lose its initial effectiveness over time.  The seals started leaking, the blades seemed to get duller and I got frustrated.  So, you can imagine my delight when my brother in law offered up his Vita Mix.  They just weren't using it and I was all too happy to take it home for a spin.Well, that was about eight weeks ago.  I am happy to report that I am a very happy user of the Vita Mix.  It is without a doubt more powerful and sturdy by a factor of a at least two than the Kitchen Aid or Breville blenders.  I still need to push the ingredients down once or twice, but once that adjustment is made, it blends through the smoothie ingredients like nobodies business.  The units is a bit louder and bulkier and not as sleek looking at the other two, but at the end of the day I will gladly take function over form.  So if you are a demanding consumer who pushes your blender to the edge, the Vita Mix is for you. Just know you are getting an "industrial strength" blender that is louder, uglier and bigger than the other less powerful models but you will thank yourself in the long run.

Blending Power
Better than any other blender I have owned.

Versatility
We make smoothies and soups

Unlike some other blenders, does not disassemble. The blade does not unscrew from the container. However, still very easy to clean.

Very easy to use. No electronics. Just levels and dials.

Sounds and looks like an airplane motor. Not pretty but gets the job done

Built like a tank

Yuck!

I bought this blender years ago. I saw it demo'd at a store, and saw the versatility it offered along with the added health value. I loved how easy it appeared to function and all of the endless recipes you could make with this machine. You could literally make so many all natural foods that are so healthy for you and your family. I fell in love with this blender and just had to have it. My husband really resisted at the beginning and said I would never use it. I know I wanted to get into a healthier way of eating for both me and my family and this was the machine to do the trick. So I purchased one and couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I knew I could make many new and fun things with my new blender, but my main recipe that I actually bought the machine for, was to make a vegatable drink every morning for my family. All was perfect for the first three months. Then one morning as I was making my drink, there was this very loud metal grounding sound in the middle of this process. Then the vita mix completely stopped, and had this burning smell. I turned off the machine and emptied it out and found the small metal rotating piece on the bottom had completely broken off. I brought it back to the store and received a new one. Once again within a three month period the exact samething happened. This same issue happened a total of three different times. Finally, I returned it a final and purchased another blender from a competitor. And have happily had that blended for at least 7 years with absolutely no problems. So, I'm not a big fan of the Vita Mix.

Good blender

from LA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
  • Precise Control

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I bought this blender a week ago , since then I used it many times and times.it look beautiful ,powerful and easy to use.one day when I try to put stuff in it it slipped off the table,but fortunately I was surprised that it didn't break down, so it is really strong blender.one thing I hate about it, it makes loud sound especially with hard food and ice mixture.

Very good

from Mohammed

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

• Crushing Ice

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

It is easy to use and very fast and great

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy this product

from Anchorage United state

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful

Very good

Exceeded expectations!

from Ion,California

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Good Pitcher
        • Precise Control

Cons

• Not Powerful
        • Unstable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Oh man, I love this thing! I'd started making fresh juices for myself by borrowing various juicers from friends for a week at a time. I tried a couple of centrifugal juicers, but there was a ton of waste. My dad bought a VitaMix and said it was terrific. Then, I was doing some freelance work for a creative group, and the president told me that she has been juicing for four years, using centrifugal and masticating juicers, but the VitaMix was THE ONE. She was getting rid of all her other juicers. That did it. I make fresh juice several times a day now. The VitaMix could not possibly be easier to clean - most of the time all I have to do is rinse the container and top. My husband, who turns up his nose at ANYTHING good for him, is now chugging spinach/grape/banana/pineapple juice once or twice a day - and loving it! My two girls, 13 and 11, are making their own juices - even when I'm not around. VitaMix uses the entire fruit or vegetable. You get all the fiber and no waste. Couldn't be happier.

One caveat: Many kitchens don't have enough space above the counter to fit the whole VitaMix underneath (with base and pitcher it's 18" tall), but I have mine on a little table that has enough clearance. I'm sure that helps me use it more, since I don't have to dig parts out from a cabinet.

Love This Product

from Athens, AL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control

Cons

• Poor Pitcher

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I am always trying different types of smoothies, milkshakes and other drinks. I absolutely love having this product in my home. Lots of power, I don't have to worry about burning it up like I have with others in the past. The only thing that I think might could be better is the quality of the pitcher, but it hasn't broken so far so i am not complaining. I also occasionally use it to blend up parfaits. All around good product and would definitely buy again for myself or as a gift to a loved one.

I would buy this product again

from Stuttgart, De

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Precise Control

Cons

• Poor Pitcher

Goooooood

i would buy this 100 times over!

from Moscow ID

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • easy to use
        • Good Pitcher
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control
        • Purees like a dream
        • Stable

• Crushing Ice

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200 is exactly what my Sister wanted for her Birthday. so i bought her one, best gift ever! she and i gave it a good run through on its abilitys and put it through a series of tests. first we made Margaritas (got to celebrate!) it crushed the ice easily, thuroughly and in a matter of minutes. there were no partial ice cubes left either, it got them all and consistantly fine crushed ice. so it passed the first round! then we took some tomatoes and puread them, best sauce ever! the puree was like silk, no chunks left behind! then we juiced the next morning, we put in apples, bananas, pears, and berries. the juice came out the consistancy of Naked juices, so perfect! since then my sister has made jam and used it to chop onions and celery for stews. (ok sister finds any, and i do mean any reason to use it) the pulse makes it easy to throw in onions and a coulpe pushes of the pulse button and you have chopped onions minus the tears!

Not so good

from Ohio

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Good Pitcher
          • Powerful

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I like to make fruit shakes evryday but this blender is not working well for me. It is not so powerful and it is hard to clean up

good

from good

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher

Cons

• Not Powerful

Good

Power and performance in a single machine

from Portland,OR

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher
          • Precise Control

Cons

• Complicated Controls
          • Not Powerful

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Ideal and powerful machine to grind to prepare juices and prepare the other ingredients with ease and effectiveness in the results surprised me