Other Blenders:
VM0103
Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200
Rca_2013_overall

Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200

Pros

• Good power output (76)
  • Easy to clean (71)
  • Precise control (55)
  • Good pitcher (53)
  • Stable (50)

Cons

• Hard to clean (16)
  • Poor pitcher (12)
  • Complicated controls (9)
  • Not powerful (6)
  • Unstable (5)

• Drinks (81)
  • Cooking (51)
  • Crushing ice (48)
  • Small kitchen (40)
  • Large kitchen (31)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (52), Avid cook (21), Gourmet chef (16)
    • I received a sample (72), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (22)

The Vita Mix is a work horse of a blender - our best yet!

About two years ago I started making a fruit smoothie every morning.  Frozen strawberries, a banana, orange juice, yogurt, and flax seed (and more recently blue berries).  Unfortunately I found that our standard Kitchen Aid blender was not up to the task.  It simply could not handle the frozen strawberries.  I would fight with it by starting and stopping and tilting the blender but I eventually became frustrated. So I did a bit of research and found the Breville Blender which even had a special smoothie setting.  I was happy with this blender for several months but it seemed to lose its initial effectiveness over time.  The seals started leaking, the blades seemed to get duller and I got frustrated.  So, you can imagine my delight when my brother in law offered up his Vita Mix.  They just weren't using it and I was all too happy to take it home for a spin.Well, that was about eight weeks ago.  I am happy to report that I am a very happy user of the Vita Mix.  It is without a doubt more powerful and sturdy by a factor of a at least two than the Kitchen Aid or Breville blenders.  I still need to push the ingredients down once or twice, but once that adjustment is made, it blends through the smoothie ingredients like nobodies business.  The units is a bit louder and bulkier and not as sleek looking at the other two, but at the end of the day I will gladly take function over form.  So if you are a demanding consumer who pushes your blender to the edge, the Vita Mix is for you. Just know you are getting an "industrial strength" blender that is louder, uglier and bigger than the other less powerful models but you will thank yourself in the long run.

Blending Power
Better than any other blender I have owned.

Versatility
We make smoothies and soups

Unlike some other blenders, does not disassemble. The blade does not unscrew from the container. However, still very easy to clean.

Very easy to use. No electronics. Just levels and dials.

Sounds and looks like an airplane motor. Not pretty but gets the job done

Built like a tank

Yuck!

I bought this blender years ago. I saw it demo'd at a store, and saw the versatility it offered along with the added health value. I loved how easy it appeared to function and all of the endless recipes you could make with this machine. You could literally make so many all natural foods that are so healthy for you and your family. I fell in love with this blender and just had to have it. My husband really resisted at the beginning and said I would never use it. I know I wanted to get into a healthier way of eating for both me and my family and this was the machine to do the trick. So I purchased one and couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I knew I could make many new and fun things with my new blender, but my main recipe that I actually bought the machine for, was to make a vegatable drink every morning for my family. All was perfect for the first three months. Then one morning as I was making my drink, there was this very loud metal grounding sound in the middle of this process. Then the vita mix completely stopped, and had this burning smell. I turned off the machine and emptied it out and found the small metal rotating piece on the bottom had completely broken off. I brought it back to the store and received a new one. Once again within a three month period the exact samething happened. This same issue happened a total of three different times. Finally, I returned it a final and purchased another blender from a competitor. And have happily had that blended for at least 7 years with absolutely no problems. So, I'm not a big fan of the Vita Mix.

I love it

from Mismo, florida

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I have had this blender for a whopping 24 hours and am awestruck over how amazing it is. Last night we made a delicious, extremely filling, and healthy Spinach & Vegetable soup from the Vitamix website and was crear!!

This product is amazing!

from Rochester, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

This Vitamix blender has replaced everything that I own, it is so easy to use, I started using this when I started cooking as a beginner and let me tell you I really advice you to buy it, it is so quick and easy no effort at all but thr down side is the cleaning, but its not that hard to clean i would say its 6/10 hard.

Best blender EVER!

from Dixon I'll

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Good Pitcher
    • Powerful
    • Precise Control
    • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I absolutely love and enjoy this blender. I have not had any problem with this and hope I never do! Great blender to whip up some yummy Margarita.

Best Blender

from mumbai

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

it is easy to clean and it is easy to handle. It helped me alot, I would recommend this to my friends.

Vrrrrm Vrrrrrrrrrm to blend

from NYC Girl

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Good Pitcher
        • Powerful
        • Stable

• Smoothies, Ice cream & Explorable foods

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

I got this as a gift! I absolutely LOVE this machine. I blend, and smooth and voila I have a drink or a snack! It is powerful enough to break down frozen fruit & ice that have chunked together. Just be patient and use the stamper to get the blade and food to talk.

Vitamix

from Uae

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful

Cons

• Unstable

Good enough

Review of the Pentax Variable Speed ​​Booster 5200

from jijel, algeria

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful
          • Stable

Cons

• Hard to Clean
          • Poor Pitcher

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

The easy-to-use Vitamix mixer is great to use

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love this blender

from San Jose . Ca

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Powerful
          • Precise Control

Cons

• No cons

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Is a blender that sets me up and always uses it in the kitchen and is very easy to use and sturdy

Good

from jeddah saudi arabia

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control
          • Stable

it is good and powerful

Best blender I've ever had.

from Baltimore, MD

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Powerful

Cons

• Very sharp / be careful cleaning!

Comments about Vitamix Variable Speed Blender 5200:

Having been a bartender in another life, I am always looking for a more powerful blender. I've never found one that actually crushes the ice like professional kitchen models until I found this blender. It's great. I've never been a fan of using a blender to make soups or sauces until I found this one. Again, it's because of the power. My only concern is that the blades are VERY sharp! Be careful when cleaning!