Other Blenders:
Ninja
Ninja Master Prep QB900
Rca_2013_normal

Ninja Master Prep QB900

Pros

• Good pitcher (8)
  • Easy to clean (7)
  • Good power output (6)
  • Precise control (5)
  • Stable (5)

Cons

• Drinks (7)
  • Small kitchen (6)
  • Cooking (4)
  • Crushing ice (4)
  • Large kitchen (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (4)

I'd give this amazing blender 10 stars if I could!

My daughter-in-law, Kali, went on and on about the Ninja food processor that she purchased. I couldn't imagine any product being as good as she said this one was. When she told me she ordered it from an info commercial I was even more skeptical, that is, until I saw her and her Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor in action!

While I was visiting her home in June, she made an amazing pot roast with a Ninja created mango chutney. It was to die for. She also made an all fruit ice cream that she whipped up in a couple of minutes. There was no waiting for the mixture to freeze or additional steps involved. It was ready to eat and tasted better to me than traditional ice cream. In fact, it was this recipe that sold me the most on the Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor because my husband was recently diagnosed with early onslaught diabetes. The one food he was going to miss the most was ice cream. I bought the Ninja after returning to New York state and made him his first ice cream. He was amazed at the texture and taste of the Ninja fresh fruit ice cream substitute. There was no added sugar and that was good news for him.

Since getting the Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor, I have discovered how fast and easy it is to make fresh salsa and a myriad of delicious and healthy foods.

Blending Power
I think the secret of the Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor is the double blade. Spaced a couple inches apart, the Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor makes quick work out of frozen or fresh ingredients. You just push down on the bullet top and quickly pulse the Euro Pro Ninja Master Prep Food Processor's blades into action.

Versatility
My particular Ninja model came with a large pitcher [including spout] and a smaller mixing container as well that can be used to store leftovers.

The parts are dishwasher safe [except for the engine, of course].

Not What I Expected

I thought the Ninja would work great, watching the commercials and reading the brochure it looked like chopping vegetables would be a breeze. It advertises that it does not turn your fresh salsa into mush. WRONG. I read instructions pulsed and all I got was a bowl full of mush. I also had a recipe that called for cloves. All I had was whole cloves so I used my ninja the cloves were too much for the plastic housing it is scarred and pitted. Not to mention the fact that from the first day I got it I had real trouble getting the lid that goes over the blade to fit right. I would fight and fight trying to get that stupid lid on right. To it's credit it does a great job on ice, but ice turning to mush is okay

A love hate relationship.

from Sevierville, TN

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

I say that because I positively LOVE my Ninja. However, the very first day I used it, it hurt me. Literally. The instructions were barely in English (seemed to be written by someone who had a very small knowledge of the language) and when I was following the directions on "putting it together", it said that the blades should "snap" together. Well, I didn't hear what I thought would be a "snapping" noise, so I messed it with some more and low and behold, my hand slipped just a fraction and I wound up with a thumb that was sliced open so bad that it looked like I needed stitches. Needless to say, I found out right off the bat exactly how sharp those blades are. I finally messed with it on my own, and realized that the instructions were completely wrong in how it was worded, and I could have avoided a very painful situation if I had only used my own common sense instead of the instructions given in the box. Other than the error in the instructions I was given, the only complaint I have concerning this: I wish the lid was a bit easier to get on. The second time I used it, it took me multiple tries to get the lid lined up exactly right, and that was after I managed to break a tiny piece off because I had put it on wrong the first time. It still works, though, and doesn't leak, so that's good, but it still makes me a little mad to this day that I broke the lid because it's so hard to line up. Other than that, it's the best blender I have ever owned, and I will never go back to any other brand. Matter of fact, if I ever hear that this company is going out of business, or is choosing to stop make their Ninja line, I would definitely head to the store and buy as many as I could afford so that I wouldn't ever have to go without one.

Blending Power
Awesome. It breaks down ice in a flash; as well as frozen fruit, etc. By far the best thing I have ever bought for my kitchen.

Versatility
I've never had any issues with any kind of food I've put into this.

Very easy to clean, especially if you clean it right after you use it.

Gave this a 6, only because of that dang lid....if it wasn't for that, this would have also been a 10.

I love everything about it.

I've only had mine about 6 months, and I don't use it every single day, but so far, it still looks and runs like it's new.

So quick and easy

from Franklin, TN

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

I absolutely love this blender! I had decided that I would like to try making smoothies and at first I used my regular blender. What a mess!! The blades were never sharp enough, I always had clumps in my drink and the cleanup was a big hassle. I then got a single serve mixer that worked very well, but after a while it started to leak and I wanted to make more than one smoothie at a time so I know I had to find a bigger option.
One of the biggest factors in my decision would be the ease of clean up. I am a busy mom that does not have time to soak my blender. A lot of the smoothies that I make has strawberries and anyone one who has ever let strawberry seeds dry in a blender knows it is a mess. Last Christmas I started looking at my options.
I happened upon a consumer reports guide that rated this blender as the number on blender of its type. It was reasonably priced and looked like it had everything that I was looking for. One of the things that makes it so unique is the multi layers of the blades. I can fill the blender with frozen fruit and know that it will be blended to perfection. I like that there is not a lot of different buttons on the machine. The ease of the push pause option made it fun for my preschooler to help me make my daily smoothie.
The clean up on the machine is amazing. I love that there is not a lot of scrubbing involved or trying to get down in little crevices. I finish my blending, rinse the blade and the lid under hot water and am good to go. The size of the container is also just right. I can get about 3 servings out of it which is perfect for my family of three.
I enjoy that the blender is not terribly loud. I do believe that it could be a bit quieter, but I am not sure if that would affect the functuality. My only complaint with the blender is that it has a tendency to shake when it first starts going. I am assuming this is because it does not have a base. I just know that when my preschooler starts it, I have to hold it steady until the ingredients start smoothing out. Overall I think this is a great product. We had a small fire in our kitchen and the only thing that was lost was this blender. I wasted no time going out and getting another one. This is not an appliance I like to be without

amazing little blender

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

Before purchasing our Ninja, my family would go through a new blender every 6 months. We had tried Oster and Hamilton Beach several times, and they worked fine for the first couple of months, but would burn up after daily use. We make smoothies daily and often include spinach and oats, so we need something that blends very well.

This little blender does the trick.

As far as cons, there are a few. The blender is very loud, as blenders tend to be. It has some trouble blending frozen fruits alone to mae sorbets and general requires we add sime liquid or it will get stuck and the blades will stop spinning.

All in all, we are very happy with our Ninja and would purchase it again. We have looked several times at purchasing a vitamix, but it is just out of our price range. For the price point, there is no better option.

Some of the crevices make cleaning difficult if the blender i s not washed immediately after use.

Great multi tasking machine

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

The Ninja Master Prep Blender and Food Processor comes with a 48 ounce blender and a two cup food processor, as well as an interchangeable power pod. It also has a 400 watt motor, one touch button, a quad blade for cutting, blending and ice crushing, a splash guard, and the removable parts are dishwasher safe. It dices, minces, chops, crushes, blends, and purees as well.

The Ninja Master Prep has so many different uses for me and I use it every day, several times a day in my kitchen. Not only can I make my protein drinks, and smoothies in it. But I can also make home made pasta sauce, salsa, soups, prep/dice vegetables in it for dinner, make iced coffee/fruit smoothies, make batter for cakes/cookies/pancakes/waffles, ingredients for pies, and more. I can't even name everything I use this for people it's so versatile.

I am really impressed by all this machine is able to do, and how easy it is to use it. I'm am really glad I bought this, because this is a great multi tasking machine, and is really is a master at prepping.

Blending Power
The blades are very strong, and can blend anything that you put into it no problem. It's strong enough to crush ice.

Versatility
This is one of the most versatile machines like this I've ever had. You can use this to make anything that you need to in your kitchen. You can dice, puree, chop, crush. mince, and blend anything you want to. I use this to prep for dinner, make protein shakes/smoothies, soups, baking, and more. There isn't anything that you can't use this for.

It comes apart easily, and is very easy to clean as long as I clean it right away or soak it in hot water. A sponge and soapy water will do. You just have to be careful when cleaning It because the blades are very sharp.

It's a one button touch machine, nothing could get much simpler then that. You just throw your ingredients in and press the button.

It has a very simple design, and not big and bulky either. It's unique that the motor is put on the top of the machine, and not on the bottom. It's small, easy to take apart, and not bulky. It's also great because nothing is made out of glass so it's pretty much impossible to break. It's very compact which is nice for storage.

The blades are very sharp and durable. The rest of the machine is made out of plastic. I haven't had any problems with it, but I'm sure the plastic isn't going to last forever. If it were made out of glass it would be better but then it would be less durable. At least if I drop it, it won't break.

• Versatility:

Pretty loud for a ninja.

from Richmond VA

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY liked this blender, and it does its job well. It blends just about anything you throw at it, and it does so beautifully. And it's not as though I expect a blender to be quiet - after all, its job is to pulverize and mutilate foodstuff into something drinkable. However, this blender is ridiculously loud. Most of the time, if I close the door, a blender isn't loud enough to disrupt anyone outside the kitchen. This one, however? I had to close the door and give a warning so that I wouldn't scare the daylights out of the rest of the household. Not fun.

Blending Power
This does a really good job of blending everything I throw at it.

Versatility
I mostly used it for smoothies, and it did a great job with them.

It could be a little easier, and sometimes it was hard to tell if there were spills, but overall it's pretty easy to take care of.

Very easy to use.

I love how this looks, even though it's kind of big.

• Versatility:

Best multi-tasking blender/processer I've used!

from Murphy, NC

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

Best blender I have owned, and I am a foodie!

Blending Power
My Ninja purees, blends, and mixes like a champ! I love making smoothies and iced coffee beverages.....no ice chunks left behind, just cool, creamy, smooth deliciousness!

Versatility
This blender has two blades, more like food processer blades than blender blades, so it can be used for chopping and pureeing as well! I've made mango puree for desserts and blended cream soups (not boiling hot as I couldn't remember temperature limits for the product).

I just fill the blender 2/3 full with warm, soapy water, and blend for 40 seconds! Sparkling clean!

Works differently than other blenders, but still pretty easy to use. Power from the top rather than the bottom.

Not much I would change about this product! I use it all the time for many things. If I could change anything I would make the top part that powers the blender and little smaller/lighter weight.

I bought a refurbished model and it was like new! I've been happily blending and pureeing with it for 2 years now and it still works as good is it did the first time I used it!

• Versatility:

Enjoy all the different settings.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

I use this a lot when making extras for dinner.Things like Alfredo sauce or sides like soup.I get a lot of satisfaction from this blender.The many settings make it easy to achieve various consistencies during food preparation.
It creates smooth sauce without rendering it thin or mushy.Most of what I make with this are liquid dishes.Whether that be soup or salsa.

I understand some people use it for dip or salad recipes.I've tried making salad with this,but I ended up doing most of the work by hand anyway.I chopped it in the blender,but it was not chopped evenly.Some parts were shredded.Others were too big.
Like I said,liquid stuff is better.
The juices I make with this always turn out flavorful.The blades are powerful enough to extract the flavor very well.I taste each fruit and veggie when I make my juice this way.I just wonder about the nutrients.I'm not sure if it obliterates the nutrients or not.

Good for frozen drinks

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

I have definitely been on a bit of a tear with blenders lately – I am obsessed with finding the perfect one for my needs and thus I have been researching and trying them out like crazy.

My thoughts on this particular blender? I liked it a lot – for certain people. For me, it just wasn’t meant to be and I ultimately returned it.

I think for the price, it is really good. It’s very inexpensive in the blender world. It holds up to intense smoothie making, makes great iced drinks – all around a pretty solid blender. It’s also pretty cute if you ask me!

My problem with it is I’m just not sure how long it will last for. Yes, it seemed good. But it doesn’t seem that sturdy. I’m not sure it could last day and day, year after year. In the end, I think I’m better getting something more expensive and better built, that will last me for years to come.

However, if you make frozen margaritas twice a summer – this is probably perfect for you and at the perfect price point! It’s also pretty small and compact, which I loved. Makes it great for storing!

• Versatility:

Ninja Master Prep works well, but a lot to clean up

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

Ninja Master Prep works well, but there is a lot to clean up after using it. I used this blender to make smoothies and fruit protein shapes when I lived in a rented furnished apartment for 3 months. It came with the apartment. I didn't own it. I used it almost every day.

When I first started using it, I cut all the fruit pieces into small chunks. But later I found that it really was not necessary. The blending power of this machine is pretty strong.

I prepared my fruits and put each one in little containers. So when I made my smoothie, all I did was throw a scoop or two of each item into the bowl and pulse until it was blended. I have no complaints on how well it worked.

But in this case, I think the blender was overqualified for the job. I could very easily make the same smoothie with my stick blender. In fact, now that I am back home that's exactly what I do. I grow a scoop or two of each item into my stick blender cup.

The result is almost identical until you start to compare clean-up. The stick blender cleans up in less than 30 seconds. The Ninja Master blender must be disassembled. Each part must be cleaned and dried, then reassembled. To me, it's just not worth that extra work.

I'll rate the blender as an 8. It does a good job. It's a good blender, but clean-up is too much work!

Value for money

Comments about Ninja Master Prep QB900:

Nice and easy to use. when i received it , i was nicely and decently packed. I got the the required attachments with it. I quickly assembled it and just started using it within seconds.
Even my small children asked me to let them use it. but i care for them and said its not a toy to use. But they too liked it very very very very much.

Blending Power
Quite good. It can easily crush ice make smoothies, let to blend spices make sauces and blah blah blah what every you can think of you can do with this uber uber cool machine.

Versatility
typical one. The design is easy to store require less space. You can easily store it in a moisture free space.

not hassel

even amature can use. as at once i even allowed mu children to use them and within few seconds they became a fan of this cool machine.

sleek. Specially the color contrast it have, i bet you you will became a fan in its first look itself.

nice material. Looks like it is long lasting.