2.5
Other Insurance Companies:
Car Insurance Companies, Home Insurance Companies
NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers)

NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers)

2.5

Pros

Cons

Best NJ Insurance

I had New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance while I still lived in New Jersey and must say they are the best insurance company I have ever dealt with.  While their application process is tedious and requires membership through your employer, they are by far the best.  Their rates are the lowest in New Jersey and even better, they mail you a dividend check twice a year!  There's nothing quite as great as getting money back from your insurance company whether you filed a claim or not.  Speaking of filing claims, filing a claim with New Jersey Manufacturers is about as painless of a claim process as possible.  They are quick to address your concerns and their representatives really do their best to make you feel valuable as a customer.  My biggest complaint about New Jersey Manufacturers is that I could not take them with me once I moved out-of-state.  That and the paperwork was annoying and they need better online capabilities.

Poor claims service and long delays in claims process

I was hit by an NJM insured who lied about the accident after admitting fault to me. I was stopped when hit and haven't been able to drive my car. Subsequently a police officer in town wrote an incorrect report placing me on a different street and refused to let me take photos at the scene. NJM's claims rep was given an addition to that report after another officer looked at my car's damage. NJM was given estimates and damage reports, but after almost 2 months, a few days ago told me "I must have forgotten that I hit their insured" and then said "You have damage to your wheel?" My insurance company thoroughly investigated and found me not at fault which I wasn't. But, NJM so far is discounting the damage to my car and the addition to the police report. Since it is impossible for the accident to have happened the way their insured stated, I intend to pursue legal action against her and file a complaint against the officer when this is over. I have already contacted the Dept. of Banking and Insurance. The adjuster who looked at my car told me to throw away a part that was knocked off on impact which I absolutely did not. So far, my experience with them has found the company reps that I have dealt with to be incompetent or if not incompetent overlooking the facts for whatever reason.

Stay away from Njm

from New Jersey

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

Stay away from Njm insurance company. When you car is vandalized and you provide them with a police report, your written statement they send and investigator to your home to treaten you. The investigator will tell you if you don't provide a recorded statement your claim will not be process or paid. They make you feel like you vandalized your own vehicle. When you tell them you don't want to gave them a recorded statement they already have a written statement as well as a police report they don't care about that. Another thing if your car is not parked in front of your home that's another issue.long story short they waited almost a year to write me a letter stating that they are no longer going to provide with car insurance due to giving them false information. First of all if your investigator would have done his job correctly he would have found out the truth but when they send this people to your home they already have their minds made up. Your guilty even though you when your car was vandalize you was working. You pay all this money for car insurance and when something happens they don't want to pay. Stay away they may be cheap but at the end they blame you and don't pay.

Another typical insurance company.

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

My car was hit while parked by an NJM insured driver. I have fought with this insurance company as well as the auto body repair shop about fixing my car. This company takes forever to get back to you and takes a long time to pay for the damage.

NJM manufactures the best results

from Stewartsville, NJ

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

There for you 24/7/365. They make everything 100 % easy, understandable, and worry free. I believe it's the most affordable and comprehensive insurance out there.

Customer Service
Individuals listen to everything you have to say and suggest what they feel is best to make your life easier during an accident, jumpstart, flat tire, ect.

Available Plans
They give you options and work around your schedule and budget.

Excellent!

from Rutherford, NJ

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

NJM has provided my auto insurance since 1988. Rates are competitive and I receive an annual dividend, even in times of economic recessions. Customer service is good and they don't raise rates based on claims. One phone call and everything is taken care of - rental vehicle, windshield repair, etc. More than one service facility rep has indicated I am lucky to have insurance from this company.

Customer Service
I had my brand new car about one week and a pebble hit my windshield. They immediately sent a repair person to my home and had it taken care of. My one disappointment was when I was rear-ended which caused me to hit a vehicle in front of me. They did not make extra effort to get my deductible back from the responsible party.

Available Plans
Vehicle insurance costs are competitive. The homeowners insurance rates are high. You have to live in NJ and be eligible for their coverage through your employer.

The Best Choice Ever!!!

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

Switching from my previous Insurance Company to New Jersey Manufactures has been the best choice that i have made in years. NJM has saved me thousands compared to my previous companies I love the awesome Divined checks that I receive each year, just for being a member. I have had several insurance companies contact me for quotes since I have been with NJM, and after hearing who my current company is most have told me that they wouldn't even try compare to them.

• Available Plans:

a good company and the dividend checks are great!

from Millstone Township, NJ

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

I have New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance for my homeowners and for my auto insurance for about 10 years. I really never have made a claim with either so I am not too familiar with the claims process. It is simple to reach a customer service associate during business hours and they generally can answer any question you have about the insurance. They also offer other products like home loans and banking, though those products and services don't seem as great as a traditional bank. There are a variety of ways to pay and you can set up payment through credit card or your bank on a monthly basis.

Every year right before the holidays, you are mailed a dividend check. Money around the holidays is always good! I haven't had another company other than New Jersey Manufacturers in a while so I don't know if their rates are still as good competitively with other insurance providers.

Horrendous Customer Service NJ Manufacturers Insurance Company

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

I have been a member of NJ Manufacturers since 1983. I have never put a claim in Until 2008 when I was a Passenger in a car that was involved in an accident. I was injured and continue to have medical issues which I deal with, This insurance company continues to put off the claim. They have dwelved into every part of my life. They sent me on numerous medical evaluations by their doctors who all agreed that my injuries are from this car accident. My claim continues to be sitting on someone desk and they come up with various ways to Just not make payment. I have been so disgusted with them, I am long time customer. Never filed a claim and have never had so much as an accident prior to this one that I was a passenger. They are not customer friendly and not helpful, it is over 5 yrs. now and I still wait - the amount of the claim is far less than what I have paid in premiums. My next thing is to put a complaint in with Insurance and Banking.

Bad sevice

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

Total unresponsive, bad company. Sent over 15 emails over the last three weeks. No one responses. When they do they tell they don't know whats going on. We received a proof of loss letter back in early dec, it said sign and we will send you the check. It's now 2.5 monthes later no check. Can't repair my roof or inslulation, and now have aditional damages. no response to the new damages either.

• Available Plans:

You get what you pay for .. they are the cheapest for a reason

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

I’ve had them for 25 years on auto and apartment then auto and home. I’ve had two auto claims took it to their authorized facility and no issue. I had one home claim due to hail damage went back and forth for months and they wore us down, so for $1,500 I gave up. We now have a claim outstanding due to sandy. We filed a claim the day after the storm, some 85 days later multiple adjusters (they keep replacing them) mistakenly telling us we weren’t to covered, you get nowhere when you talk to them on the phone … we are nowhere. Still waiting on adjusters report. BTW my neighbors who used other firms have had money for weeks. Eventually I will need to pay a lawyer for help on this. Keep you dividend check for $98.00 and give better service.

can i rate it a zero ?

Available Plans
plans are ok ... but they don't pay

They give rebate checks!

from Verona, NJ

Comments about NJM Insurance Group (New Jersey Manufacturers):

Good drivers get rebate checks from NJM. They do their best to keep costs down and insure only the best drivers, so that they can give you the best coverage for less. I use them for my house insurance as well!