4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KP26M1XWH, KP26M1XTG, KP26M1XBU, KP26M1XES, KP26M1XCV, KP26M1XCE, KP26M1XDP, KP26M1XER, KP26M1XGC, KP26M1XGA, KP26M1XLC, KP26M1XMY, KP26M1XMR, KP26M1XNP, KP26M1XOB, KP26M1XPM, KP26M1XBS
KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer
Rca_2013_normal

KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Heavy duty (8)
  • Even mixing (7)
  • Capacity (6)
  • Works quietly (4)

Cons

• Heavy (5)

• Cakes & cookies (7)
  • Bread (6)
  • Meringue (4)
  • Pies (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (6)

My KitchenAid Professional Mixer Is My 'Muscle' In The Kitchen!

My KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer is not only my muscle when I'm in the kitchen, but she's the boss too!

It took me 5 years of researching and...Read complete review

It took me 5 years of researching and drooling over the Candy Apple Red version of this awesome KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer before I actually made my purchase. It took so long because let's face it, its not an item most folks can justify as an 'impulse' buy.  Its on the pricey side, so I asked myself that daunting question, "Do I really need this? And you know, it nearly came down to me telling myself, "This time Kim, its not about need - its about want!" Little did I know at the time that I really DID need it.

So I bit the bullet a few years back and it has been the best purchase I've ever made for my kitchen - as well as for ME! The KitchenAid Professional 600 Mixer can really take a beating. I have a passion for baking as well as for experimenting with my own recipes. And when you have the proper tools that can:

- get the job done quickly

- save you clean up time

- save you shoulder/arm pain and fatigue

...then I say that's not only a bargain but a necessity as well.

It is a lifesaver at Thanksgiving and Christmastime for me - I make an awesome sweet potato casserole, but to mash and mix the yams, the heavy sugars and the rest, really was back breaking work - until "Betty Lou" came into my life (yes I named her),

If you're contemplating a purchase of one of these KitchenAid beauties, you can't go wrong with the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer model. In this case you really do get what you pay for and more - its far exceeded my expectations! It is definitely worth every penny and then some with all the attachments.

When you buy your KitchenAid Mixer, write back to me and let me know what color you bought and what you named her. A "good friend" like this needs a great name.

Mixing Performance
The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series actually allows me to experiment more frequently and for longer periods at a time because this mixer has really whipped thru some of the thickest batches of batters and dough that I've made. Because of this, it even allows me to make double batches at a time.

All of the accessories are dishwasher safe but clean up quick with just soap and water. The machine itself can be clean with a wet rag and it sparkles like new!

This is the simplest of machines to use, the hardest part is lugging the machine out of my cupboard to use.

This is the most perfect machine; my only complaint is that I can't leave this out on my counter any more - it's pretty big and if you don't have any counter space that doesn't have a cupboard above it that isn't much higher, there'll be no room to leave out. I have to put this away in a cupboard; and because this is so heavy it's a bit of a pain.

The KitchenAid Professional 600 Series model is one of those kitchen tools that are really built to last and last. My mother still has her mother's very first KitchenAid Mixer from when my grandparents were married - 75 years ago, that's a long time! And guess what? Would you believe, that baby still works! If that doesn't SCREAM quality, I don't know what does.

KitchenAid 6-quart mixer a bust

We purchased the KitchenAid 600 series 6-quart stand mixer 9 years ago at a store that was going out of business, so the price was excellent.  We thought that we were making a good purchase that would last us years to come.  My husband is a professional pastry chef and he read several reviews in kitchen magazines that talked about how great the KitchenAid mixer was.  Talk about wrong!  In the first year, KitchenAid had to replace our mixer 3 times!  Everytime, they said that it was an anomoly.  Customer service was great, considering we called them every 3-4 months to tell them that their product broke again.  Finally, we were received a mixer that did not break, but it did have a strange grinding sound when we used it.  It lasted until about 6 months ago (long after the warranty) when it finally won't work at all.  For a machine that is supposed to last at least 25 years, this is a big disappointment.  Since I do a lot of baking, and my husband does a lot of baking for holidays, I needed a replacement machine.  I looked on Ebay for my replacement and specifically looked for an older machine that was built by Hobart (Hobart owned the KitchenAid brand until about 10 years ago).  I now have a 20 year old Hobart 5.5 quart stand mixer that works great.  It is quiet and powerful and I know it will last.  My suggestion - look for a Hobart, KitchenAid uses cheaper parts and their mixers don't last.

Great product

from Ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love using this whole baking around the holidays.When I bake,Inknow that this is a easier method to mixing up brownies and cake mixes.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

a very good reliable mixer

from london, ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

we have the KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for more than a year now and it is very handy in the kitchen, myself and most of my family we love to bake bread and sweets (can't live without them) so we use kitchenaid almost daily.
it doesn't make alot of noise and the results are quite fantastic, the only problem i have with it is that it is a bit heavy so storing it and take in it out of storage daily can be annoying.
so if you are a fun of bread and cooking, i highly recommand KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer.

My mixer is like an extra helper in the kitchen.

from Calico Rock, Ar

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • It is a real workhorse when making bread!

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer for just about everything as I have almost all the attachment. I still need to get the spiralizer. I love that one appliance can handle all the attachments!

Love love

from Raleigh nc

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I absolutely love mine. It was a Christmas gift. I love to cook so my family felt it was a great gift for me. I use it for holidays, birthdays, make yeast rolls, or casserole to mix everything together. I love how I can walk away to do something else while what ever is mixing unlike with a hand mixer and it doesn't make a lot of noise.

Heavy Duty, Lifelong Performer

from St. Louis, MO

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

The KitchenAid professional 600 series mixer is an excellent choice for a small industrial kitchen, or a home kitchen. At my job I use this mixer to make a large variety of things, from large batches of heavy cookie dough and homemade bread, to light, airy meringues and whipped cream. It performs all functions with relative ease. There are three stand-out features of this mixer: it's durability, the lifting bowl mechanism, and the ease of cleaning.

This mixer is an incredible performer over time. It is a heavy duty machine that can stand the difficulties of mixing sticky, heavy doughs of various types, something which often breaks lesser machines. The motor keeps an even pace, even with tougher materials. It also proves to continue to be a high performer over time, as these machines work flawlessly for years. The particular one in the kitchen I work in has been there for a long time and is still an excellent performer.

One thing I particularly love about this machine over its 5qt counterparts, is the fact that the bowl lifts up to the beaters rather than the beaters coming down into the bowl. This allows for greater contact between the beaters and the bowl and consequently easier incorporation of ingredients. You rarely have to scrape dry ingredients off the bottom because the beater always maintains good contact.

Lastly this mixer is very easy to clean. The smooth paint and detachable parts make this piece of equipment a breeze to keep in top performing shape.

I highly recommend this mixer for either your home or a small industrial kitchen.

Solid Mixer

from Boston MA

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

In my opinion, the KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer is a quality mixer and overall kitchen appliance. I have owned several mixers in the past and this one definitely takes the cake (no pun intended). Anyway, I have always enjoyed cooking and using this mixer has made my experiences a little more easier and simple. Using this mixer is a different experience from past mixers as it is quite quiet in comparison. Similarly it is always reliable to provide me with a very even mix of my cooking materials. In conclusion, I would definitely recommend this mixer to any cook in the mixer market. It has served me well and I plan to have it continue serving in the future,

I love it

from Ann Arbor , MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this machine. It really deserves every penny that I paid to buy it. It is very easy to use. I also like its design and its color. It helps me to get dough exactly as I need it to be. It saves my time and my energy as well to bake. It is now a crucial machine in my kitchen.

I am in love

from Mount vernon,Indiana

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I am an at home cake baker. I could not live without this product. It is the best mixer i have owned!

I Wouldn't Trade It For the World

from De Forest, WI

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I absolutely love my KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer. I use it all the time to mix up cookies. bread and many other recipes. It is so easy to use, mixes completely, cleans up well and is so versatile. Although I do not have any, you can get accessories for many other applications such as grinding and making pasta.

Unstoppable Kitchen Wizard

Comments about KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love all KitchenAid products and my black KitchenAid Professional 600 mixer stands proud. This mixer is my last mixer I have the 4.5 KitchenAid (in white) also and won't give either of them up. Very durable machine made of steel and put together well. The larger mixers take a bit to get used if you had/have the smaller machines due to the lifting mechanism. The three paddles give you a wide variety of things to make. Larger recipes work best in this mixer due to the size of the 6qt.stainless steel bowl smaller ones seem to get lost in there,maybe if there was a clip on scraper to loosen up the bottom material. The plastic guard is a nice addition as well as the "teaser" booklet to show you all the add-ons there are and man are there a lot of them. I have the grinder attachment, I really like it, that's 1! Waiting for more.

Mixing Performance
      It wouldscore a 10 if it would work better on small batches or have a scraper.

Love it! I make large batches of cookies and this mixer can handlr it easily.

The best