4.8
KSM95ER
KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (5)
  • Heavy duty (5)
  • Capacity (4)
  • Works quietly (4)

• Bread (6)
  • Cakes & cookies (6)
  • Meringue (4)
  • Pies (4)
  • Candy (3)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (3), Casual cook (3)

Sadly, I lived far too long without this mixer.

Over a year ago when I registered for this KitchenAid Stand Mixer I had little expectation of actually receiving it.  When I opened it at a wedding shower I fell in love immediately.  I fall a little deeper in love with each use.  It is very true that the stand takes up a lot of counter space and due to its bulkiness it is hard to move it around or 'put it away'.  All of those small frustrations disappear every time you use the mixer without tiring your arm/shoulder.  I love being able to throw in my ingredients turn the mixer on and walk away to work on other things.  I have yet to have a project the KitchenAid Mixer could not handle.  Over time I hope to invest several of the attachment options.  If you bake at all, you will value this KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  I feel it is worth the money and the counter space even if I only use it once every couple of weeks.  KitchenAid is a trusted brand and I do not believe you will be disappointed if you purchase this mixer.

Not worth the extra cost

I received this Kitchen Aid stand mixer as a bridal shower gift around 8 years ago.  It was one of the more expensive items for which I had registered, so I was super-excited to receive it.  I really liked it at first, but have had continued problems with it over the years.

**What I like :**

- The tilt head feature is very nice and makes it way easier to get the bowl on and off.

- The three different attachments that it comes with are great. I have used the paddle beater a countless number of times for many different recipes.  It really makes a big difference when making certain cookies and whatnot.

**What I don't like:**

- The speed control is a sort of slide lever and after a few months of use this began sticking very badly.  I have to force it over just to get the beaters to turn on, and because I have to use such force it then flies over to the high speed.  It is almost impossible to just turn it on to slow (which is what I use the most often)  I have to force it over to high and then back it up to slow.  Which is a pain and often causes flour, etc to go flying while I hurriedly try to get the lever to the right position.

- This thing is HEAVY!  In fact, lifting this up and out of my cabinet onto my center island set me into early labor with my daughter! (no joke.) I realize that by being heavier it is sturdier and therefore able to spin faster, etc but buyer beware, you will get a workout moving this thing around.

Overall this mixer has served its purpose and has performed admirably, but I do think their are equally good mixers out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

LOVE my mixer

from Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My husband and mother-in-law got me this mixer as a house warming gift after a big move. I have been using a hand mixer for years and have always wanted one of these mixers. I couldn't be happier with how awesome this mixer is. I'm not a serious baker and only bake from time to time especially during birthday's and holidays. This mixer is perfect for me. I'm really pleased with how well the mixer has worked so far, I've had it for less than a year but I think it's going to last me many many years. I'm a mom of 4 kids and they absolutely LOVE to make Christmas cookies and this mixer is perfect for that. I haven't tried anything other than baking but I can't wait to try making things like home made mashed potatoes and breads.

The only thing I don't like is how big it is. This makes it not as easy to store and it takes up a lot of counter space. If I had more counter space I would just leave it out as it looks nice enough to have out all the time. Instead, I keep mine in my pantry and just bring it out when I want to use it and that works out perfectly.

I would recommend this to any of my friends both casual cooks like myself and even the avid baker.

Love this

from Coal Mountain WV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

It is so easy to use and clean up is a breeze

I Love my mixer

from Mount Carbon, WV

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The only complaint is that it is very heavy and hard to store anywhere except my counter. I love my mixer despite the 2 things I dislike. It mixes great and even. When I make bread it kneeds the dough perfect each time. The Meraingue is perfect each time I make it! I just cant say enough about it! I only wish I had gotten one sooner than 2 years ago! This is a must for everyone to have that loves to cook! Two of my daughters have now purchased one because of mine.

Anyone who buys it will not be sorry!

from Riverton,WY

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I recently purchased this stand mixer because my extremely old Sunbeam mixer was under powered and lacked the features of the Kitchen Aid. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with this purchase! I had been coveting the larger Kitchen Aid mixers for a while, but I was not able to justify their price tag. The 4 1/2 quart mixer is perfect for a home hobbyist/cook such as me. It has a VERY powerful motor and has handled everything I have thrown at it with ease. The recipe booklet included with the mixer is great - the pie crust and cookie recipes were wonderful, and I have never had mashed potatoes as silky smooth as the ones whipped in the Kitchen Aid!!! I highly recommend this mixer for its intended use - home baking and mixing (not commercial). Anyone who buys it will not be sorry!

The best machine to knead bread

from algerien

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Works Quietly

Cons

• Moves While Mixing

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Watt and assistive devices for the housewife at home does not end and every day new appears, and soon the housewife to acquire technological device is useful until you find the most useful and comfortable, and bread-making machines that have emerged and spread is your home helpful at work baking at home quickly and ensure the quality of all its products and ensuring complete hygiene during the baking process, we have decided today to offer for all lovers of the latest appliances best Brands of bread machines.

Best kitchen "power tool"

from Poconos, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty

Cons

• Cost

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I had considered buying a Kitchenaid mixer for some time, but cost had always been a factor stopping me. But I am very glad I finally broke down and bought one in the end. I have owned this mixer for 5 years and it's still mixing away. Making bread is so much easier and faster using this-just throw in the ingredients and let it mix away. It is very heavy-duty and has withstood mixing up a cream cheese fruitcake recipe several times during the holidays for all of those years. My husband loves using it as often as he can and calls it his kitchen "power tool". My only complaint with it would be the difficulty in finding the specific model replacement attachments in stores -- everything I see is for the larger capacity machines.

"I would buy this product again and again"

from alger

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

It is a wonderful device
      It has its pros
      I can recommend all people to buy it

perfect

from iraq

very nice

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

KitchenAid Stands The Test of Time!

from Miami, FL

Verified Reviewer

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received my KtchenAid Stand Mixer as a gift years ago. I cook and bake quite a bit and it is still going strong after all these years. We just purchased the food processor attachment and I am thrilled with the performance of the mixer with that as well. KitchenAid is top of the line in my book.

Makes baking about a million times easier

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer is fabulous. I love to cook and I've been using a handheld mixer or my own arm for years. This mixer is like a miracle! It is certainly something that could be useful for a cook at any level of expertise.

Mixing Performance
        It's amazing! It can knead bread dough like I never dreamed of doing, it makes buttercream icing in seconds and whips egg whites like nobody's business.

Cleaning is my least favorite chore so I may be biased here. This mixer has a lot of nooks and crannies and it is heavy, so when anything gets onto the body of the machine (powdered sugar and flour often do) it is hard to move it around to get it clean. It wipes very clean though and doesn't take much effort.

Super easy to use. There are very clear instructions included to help you choose a speed and for the different attachments. It's very intuitive as well and all of the attachments attach and detatch with ease.

It is very sleek and well designed. In addition to having the controls in logical positions, it is a gorgeous addition to my kitchen.

This thing is a tank. I've moved twice since I got it and it has made tons of baked goods without a hitch. It still works like it is brand new.

• Mixing Performance: