4.8
KSM95ER
KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Heavy duty (15)
  • Even mixing (14)
  • Capacity (12)
  • Works quietly (11)

Cons

• Heavy (11)
  • Difficult to store (4)

• Cakes & cookies (17)
  • Bread (16)
  • Pies (12)
  • Meringue (11)
  • Candy (8)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (13), Avid cook (6)

Sadly, I lived far too long without this mixer.

Over a year ago when I registered for this KitchenAid Stand Mixer I had little expectation of actually receiving it.  When I opened it at a wedding shower I fell in love immediately.  I fall a little deeper in love with each use.  It is very true that the stand takes up a lot of counter space and due to its bulkiness it is hard to move it around or 'put it away'.  All of those small frustrations disappear every time you use the mixer without tiring your arm/shoulder.  I love being able to throw in my ingredients turn the mixer on and walk away to work on other things.  I have yet to have a project the KitchenAid Mixer could not handle.  Over time I hope to invest several of the attachment options.  If you bake at all, you will value this KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  I feel it is worth the money and the counter space even if I only use it once every couple of weeks.  KitchenAid is a trusted brand and I do not believe you will be disappointed if you purchase this mixer.

Not worth the extra cost

I received this Kitchen Aid stand mixer as a bridal shower gift around 8 years ago.  It was one of the more expensive items for which I had registered, so I was super-excited to receive it.  I really liked it at first, but have had continued problems with it over the years.

**What I like :**

- The tilt head feature is very nice and makes it way easier to get the bowl on and off.

- The three different attachments that it comes with are great. I have used the paddle beater a countless number of times for many different recipes.  It really makes a big difference when making certain cookies and whatnot.

**What I don't like:**

- The speed control is a sort of slide lever and after a few months of use this began sticking very badly.  I have to force it over just to get the beaters to turn on, and because I have to use such force it then flies over to the high speed.  It is almost impossible to just turn it on to slow (which is what I use the most often)  I have to force it over to high and then back it up to slow.  Which is a pain and often causes flour, etc to go flying while I hurriedly try to get the lever to the right position.

- This thing is HEAVY!  In fact, lifting this up and out of my cabinet onto my center island set me into early labor with my daughter! (no joke.) I realize that by being heavier it is sturdier and therefore able to spin faster, etc but buyer beware, you will get a workout moving this thing around.

Overall this mixer has served its purpose and has performed admirably, but I do think their are equally good mixers out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

I would definately buy this again

from Pine Hall, NC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • mixes perfect cakes
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Tenderloin shredded for BBQ

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I bought the KitchenAid Ultra power stand mixer before my daughters Wedding. I couldn't believe how much help it was. I used it to mix up tenderloin for BBQ, and it was done in a matter of minutes, shredded perfectly. Love it for cakes and dough. I simply Love mine.

Best gift!

from Chicago, IL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received one for mother's day and it's been the best present ever. I can cook and mix to my hearts content and this mixer does such a great job no matter what the project

BEST EVER!!!

from Lansing KS

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer is my favorite appliance in my kitchen. I absolutely love my kitchen aid and it would be super hard to change my mind.

What's not to love

from Ash flat, ar

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Durable
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy
    • Price

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love, love, love! It makes baking so much easier! No more tired arms. Easy clean up with dishwasher! Fortunately i have counter space so i don't have storage problem

Love it

from Houston Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer has made baking life easier. No more using my muscles to bake

A Bakers Dream!

from Knoxville,TN

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Even though this model is quite heavy and difficult to store it is a dream when baking! I have the nickel colored one and cannot wait to get my hands on the pasta attachments! It comes with several attachments that can do anything from bread to meringue. Very easy to remove the bowl and clean.

Vive la kitchenaid!

from VIRGINIA beach, va

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

We received this as a present 10 years now. It has wasted 10 years of Christmas cookies, lots of baking a few drops still keeps going. It's amazing!!

Love this Mixer!!!!

from Ga

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! My previous mixer does not compare to this mixer in any manner! This is a powerhouse, it creams my butter like other, my batter is smoother, my meringue is fluffier! It is more difficult to clean, but it is more than worth it.

It's ok

from Northville ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Very heavy

I whold buy this product again and again

from San jose

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
        • Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

In this review, we're going to have a close look at the 4.5 Quart Ultra Power Stand Mixer. A tilt-head model that's styled after the classic Model K (which was the first stand mixer to secure a bowl to the base with an interlocking action), it's an affordable entry-level piece into the realm of stand mixers.

OVERVIEW

With vivid, vibrant colors and the famous art deco design, a KitchenAid stand mixer is equal parts beauty and functionality – and is considered by many to be a symbol of dedication to the practice of the kitchen arts. And this version is available in many different colors to perfectly match all of your kitchen decor.

This particular model is a tilt-head style and is basically a souped-up version of the Classic series, only with a more powerful motor to handle heavier mixing duties.

Stand mixers come in two basic styles. The old-school tilt-head models, where the motor head lifts up and away to access the beaters and bowl. And the bowl-lift models, where the head stays stationary and the bowl is levered into place.

Both are popular, with the main difference being the techniques for loading the bowl onto the stand, and accessing it while in use. The tilt-head style offers easier access to the bowl and beaters. While the bowl-lift style gives greater stability with heavy loads, like kneading bread.