4.8
KSM95ER
KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Heavy duty (12)
  • Even mixing (10)
  • Capacity (8)
  • Works quietly (8)

Cons

• Heavy (8)
  • Difficult to store (4)

• Cakes & cookies (13)
  • Bread (12)
  • Meringue (8)
  • Pies (8)
  • Candy (6)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (10), Avid cook (5)

Sadly, I lived far too long without this mixer.

Over a year ago when I registered for this KitchenAid Stand Mixer I had little expectation of actually receiving it.  When I opened it at a wedding shower I fell in love immediately.  I fall a little deeper in love with each use.  It is very true that the stand takes up a lot of counter space and due to its bulkiness it is hard to move it around or 'put it away'.  All of those small frustrations disappear every time you use the mixer without tiring your arm/shoulder.  I love being able to throw in my ingredients turn the mixer on and walk away to work on other things.  I have yet to have a project the KitchenAid Mixer could not handle.  Over time I hope to invest several of the attachment options.  If you bake at all, you will value this KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  I feel it is worth the money and the counter space even if I only use it once every couple of weeks.  KitchenAid is a trusted brand and I do not believe you will be disappointed if you purchase this mixer.

Not worth the extra cost

I received this Kitchen Aid stand mixer as a bridal shower gift around 8 years ago.  It was one of the more expensive items for which I had registered, so I was super-excited to receive it.  I really liked it at first, but have had continued problems with it over the years.

**What I like :**

- The tilt head feature is very nice and makes it way easier to get the bowl on and off.

- The three different attachments that it comes with are great. I have used the paddle beater a countless number of times for many different recipes.  It really makes a big difference when making certain cookies and whatnot.

**What I don't like:**

- The speed control is a sort of slide lever and after a few months of use this began sticking very badly.  I have to force it over just to get the beaters to turn on, and because I have to use such force it then flies over to the high speed.  It is almost impossible to just turn it on to slow (which is what I use the most often)  I have to force it over to high and then back it up to slow.  Which is a pain and often causes flour, etc to go flying while I hurriedly try to get the lever to the right position.

- This thing is HEAVY!  In fact, lifting this up and out of my cabinet onto my center island set me into early labor with my daughter! (no joke.) I realize that by being heavier it is sturdier and therefore able to spin faster, etc but buyer beware, you will get a workout moving this thing around.

Overall this mixer has served its purpose and has performed admirably, but I do think their are equally good mixers out there that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Love it

from Houston Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer has made baking life easier. No more using my muscles to bake

A Bakers Dream!

from Tennessee

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Even though this model is quite heavy and difficult to store it is a dream when baking! I have the nickel colored one and cannot wait to get my hands on the pasta attachments! It comes with several attachments that can do anything from bread to meringue. Very easy to remove the bowl and clean.

Vive la kitchenaid!

from VIRGINIA beach, va

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

We received this as a present 10 years now. It has wasted 10 years of Christmas cookies, lots of baking a few drops still keeps going. It's amazing!!

Love this Mixer!!!!

from Ga

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! My previous mixer does not compare to this mixer in any manner! This is a powerhouse, it creams my butter like other, my batter is smoother, my meringue is fluffier! It is more difficult to clean, but it is more than worth it.

It's ok

from Northville ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Very heavy

I whold buy this product again and again

from San jose

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
      • Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

In this review, we're going to have a close look at the 4.5 Quart Ultra Power Stand Mixer. A tilt-head model that's styled after the classic Model K (which was the first stand mixer to secure a bowl to the base with an interlocking action), it's an affordable entry-level piece into the realm of stand mixers.

OVERVIEW

With vivid, vibrant colors and the famous art deco design, a KitchenAid stand mixer is equal parts beauty and functionality – and is considered by many to be a symbol of dedication to the practice of the kitchen arts. And this version is available in many different colors to perfectly match all of your kitchen decor.

This particular model is a tilt-head style and is basically a souped-up version of the Classic series, only with a more powerful motor to handle heavier mixing duties.

Stand mixers come in two basic styles. The old-school tilt-head models, where the motor head lifts up and away to access the beaters and bowl. And the bowl-lift models, where the head stays stationary and the bowl is levered into place.

Both are popular, with the main difference being the techniques for loading the bowl onto the stand, and accessing it while in use. The tilt-head style offers easier access to the bowl and beaters. While the bowl-lift style gives greater stability with heavy loads, like kneading bread.

Great for baking and more!

from San Diego, Ca

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I initially bought this mixer for baking. It was great for needing dough for bread! But I found this mixer can be used for some many great things. I was able to whip up 10 pounds of mash potatoes for a big family thanksgiving get together. It was so fast and easy with this mixer, it made me feel like a pro.

Love mine!

from Catlettsburg, Ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy
      • I make and sell pumpkin rolls during the holiday

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my KitchenAid! It is the best purchase i have ever bought for my kitchen. I bake a lot during the holidays and sell the items i make. I actually have 2 KitchenAids so i have both of them going at the same time when i am at my busy point of the season. I have also found that it is being used more now during off season for me because i am starting to bake cakes and i make my own batter and buttercream icing. I would highly recommend this product.

Amazing!

from La vista ne

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for sometime now, and i love everything you can do with it from cookies to pies even meals that you can prep.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

LOVE my mixer

from Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Ultra Power 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My husband and mother-in-law got me this mixer as a house warming gift after a big move. I have been using a hand mixer for years and have always wanted one of these mixers. I couldn't be happier with how awesome this mixer is. I'm not a serious baker and only bake from time to time especially during birthday's and holidays. This mixer is perfect for me. I'm really pleased with how well the mixer has worked so far, I've had it for less than a year but I think it's going to last me many many years. I'm a mom of 4 kids and they absolutely LOVE to make Christmas cookies and this mixer is perfect for that. I haven't tried anything other than baking but I can't wait to try making things like home made mashed potatoes and breads.

The only thing I don't like is how big it is. This makes it not as easy to store and it takes up a lot of counter space. If I had more counter space I would just leave it out as it looks nice enough to have out all the time. Instead, I keep mine in my pantry and just bring it out when I want to use it and that works out perfectly.

I would recommend this to any of my friends both casual cooks like myself and even the avid baker.