4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KSM150PSWH, KSM150PSBU, KSM150PSTG, KSM150PSES, KSM150PSAC, KSM150PSBL, KSM150PSBW, KSM150PS, KSM150PSBF, KSM150PSCV, KSM150PSCO, KSM150PSER, KSM150PSGC, KSM150PSGA, KSM150PSBK, KSM150PSGR, KSM150PSMY, KSM150PSOB, KSM150PSPE, KSM150PSPN, KSM150PSSM, KSM150PSWW, KSM150PSYP, KSM155GBRI, KSM150PSPK
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Read 1,236 Reviews

KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (28)
  • Heavy duty (28)
  • Capacity (22)
  • Works quietly (19)

Cons

• Heavy (21)
  • Difficult to store (6)

• Cakes & cookies (33)
  • Bread (25)
  • Meringue (19)
  • Pies (15)
  • Candy (5)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (18), Avid cook (15)

You can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid

I received this mixer as a wedding present, and though I don't cook much in general, I love this mixer. I have a tiny apartment kitchen, but it's well worth the space it takes up! My favorite thing about this mixer is that I know it will do anything I need it to do. I've made frosting, mashed potatoes, ice cream (with the ice cream maker attachment), doughs for various baking projects, cream soups, etc etc etc. It's so much nicer than a hand-mixer, because I can turn it on and just let it go. This mixer is also top quality, and it's easy to clean. Just wash the bowl, pop out the beater or dough hook and wash, and you're done. If you're getting married, register for one and you might get lucky and get one. Or, if you're looking for a mixer that will last the rest of your life, this is the one for you.

Nice product, but too pricey.

I came from the old school mentality of either mixing by hand or using a hand mixer. Once the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer came on the market, I was expecting GREAT things from it. I enjoy the whisk to beat egg whites, the mixing paddle is terrific for those more intense recipes which requires you to mix for a while, but truly I don't think the Stand Mixer is worth it's price tag,

The paddles do not scrape the bottom of your bowl, so 9 out of 10 times you will need to hand mix the ingredients that did not get mixed in with your batter. I also found that the paddle attachements and whisk do not do well on the top rack of the dishwasher,  even though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. My paddle and whisk came out dull and stained with soap spots.

The next time I used the mixer after I washed the attachements in the dishwasher, in my batter was silver staining from the paddle. It made my mix taste a bit metallic. Not a good experience.

If I could change one thing about the mixer I would make sure that there was the mobility to move the levels of the mixing bowl higher and lower than they currently can move. You can lower the bowl by rotating the handle clockwise on the side of the mixer. It allows you to add in extra ingredients. I find that there is not a great range to do so, so my measuring cup is spilling whatever I'm adding due to lack of room.

I've gone back to my hand mixer which is tried and true in my book. It may require a bit more juggling and finesse to add in the ingredients simutaneously like some recipes call for, but I don't mind. It's worth it.

This is the best thing i got

from Miami. FL

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Better results
  • Capacity
  • Good accessories
  • Heavy Duty
  • Variety of colors
  • Variety of uses
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Creams
  • Salty food

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Since I acquired this mixer / kitchen assistant my recipes improved 100% everything went as it should go. I love recreating and doing my recipes online, with this mixer they are excellent.

Love this versatile machine

from Bradenton Fl

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

We really love our Kitchenaid. It's gorgeous on our counter top, it's a work horse and it's very reliable. I bake regularly and have not touched a hand mixer since we got the stand mixer. I use it for baking as well as for making pasta dough. It works hard and is very consistent. I wish it were easier to store but I can't see how that's possible.

Worth the wait to own one!

from La Crosse, WI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store

• meatloaf

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I wanted to own a Kitchenaide Stand Mixer for as long as I can remember. I finally received one for my wedding and it was well worth the wait. The Kitchenaide Mixer works amazingly well for cakes, cookies, breads and even for making meatloaf! It is more efficient than a hand mixer and much quieter as well. The stand mixer stays put while mixing and can handle larger capacity recipes (even double batches of zucchini bread). The only downfall is the amount of space it takes to store but the mixer is well worth that problem.

Want to love it...

from Pennsylvania

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I had a previous model and upgraded to this because it's less bulky.
    I like the way the bowl twists in as opposed to the old lock.
    I like that there is no lever to raise and lower the bowl.

However, the mixer works without locking the top downl so it seems rembering it locks is the key.
    It's quiet, but whines when you go down in speed.

It doesn't hit the bottom of the bowl.

The splashgaurd is flimsy.

The old beater and whisks attached better and more secure.

It works great. It is quick and efficient. It makes beautiful merengue and whipps cream with ease. It handles bread better than the older model. It works well to mix just about anything.

The attachments are overpriced, the sausage stuffer is horrendous.

Overall it does the job but isn't as great as older models with attachments that are too pricey to replace their cheaper smaller counterparts.

Love my mixer

from Amity, or

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love using my mixer for all my baking needs

This is the best thing I own!

from Niagara falls ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• All the attachments makes this a multitasker
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this as a christmas gift about 8 years ago and it still works just as good as the day i got it. I do alot of baking and this is a life saver. You can buy miltiple different attachments and turn it in to a meat grinder, ice cream maker or pasta maker. These products will really last a lifetime. I tell my boyfriend incase of a fire i'll grab the cats, you grab the mixer.

I did buy another one because I loved it so much .

from Lacrosse in

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I loved mine so much I bought one for mothers day for my mother . It does an amazing job . Don't forget if you haven't used it in a while to turn it on before you do to make sure to loosen up he oil before baking.

Love my mixer

from Hermiston, oregon

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer. Its quiet and can handle pretty much anything I put in it.

I love it

from Houston Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I bought this mixer because my hands get so tired of mixing cookies. This mixer has made my life so much easier. Loving to bake was no longer painful.

I would buy this again

from Jennings, La

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use this frequently for baking items. This has made my life so much easier when it comes to make large batches of cookies. Love the color, and the accessories that were included