4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KSM150PSWH, KSM150PSBU, KSM150PSTG, KSM150PSES, KSM150PSAC, KSM150PSBL, KSM150PSBW, KSM150PS, KSM150PSBF, KSM150PSCV, KSM150PSCO, KSM150PSER, KSM150PSGC, KSM150PSGA, KSM150PSBK, KSM150PSGR, KSM150PSMY, KSM150PSOB, KSM150PSPE, KSM150PSPN, KSM150PSSM, KSM150PSWW, KSM150PSYP, KSM155GBRI, KSM150PSPK
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Read 1,241 Reviews

KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Heavy duty (32)
  • Even mixing (31)
  • Capacity (26)
  • Works quietly (22)

Cons

• Heavy (24)
  • Difficult to store (7)

• Cakes & cookies (38)
  • Bread (29)
  • Meringue (22)
  • Pies (17)
  • Candy (6)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Avid cook (19), Casual cook (19)

You can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid

I received this mixer as a wedding present, and though I don't cook much in general, I love this mixer. I have a tiny apartment kitchen, but it's well worth the space it takes up! My favorite thing about this mixer is that I know it will do anything I need it to do. I've made frosting, mashed potatoes, ice cream (with the ice cream maker attachment), doughs for various baking projects, cream soups, etc etc etc. It's so much nicer than a hand-mixer, because I can turn it on and just let it go. This mixer is also top quality, and it's easy to clean. Just wash the bowl, pop out the beater or dough hook and wash, and you're done. If you're getting married, register for one and you might get lucky and get one. Or, if you're looking for a mixer that will last the rest of your life, this is the one for you.

Nice product, but too pricey.

I came from the old school mentality of either mixing by hand or using a hand mixer. Once the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer came on the market, I was expecting GREAT things from it. I enjoy the whisk to beat egg whites, the mixing paddle is terrific for those more intense recipes which requires you to mix for a while, but truly I don't think the Stand Mixer is worth it's price tag,

The paddles do not scrape the bottom of your bowl, so 9 out of 10 times you will need to hand mix the ingredients that did not get mixed in with your batter. I also found that the paddle attachements and whisk do not do well on the top rack of the dishwasher,  even though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. My paddle and whisk came out dull and stained with soap spots.

The next time I used the mixer after I washed the attachements in the dishwasher, in my batter was silver staining from the paddle. It made my mix taste a bit metallic. Not a good experience.

If I could change one thing about the mixer I would make sure that there was the mobility to move the levels of the mixing bowl higher and lower than they currently can move. You can lower the bowl by rotating the handle clockwise on the side of the mixer. It allows you to add in extra ingredients. I find that there is not a great range to do so, so my measuring cup is spilling whatever I'm adding due to lack of room.

I've gone back to my hand mixer which is tried and true in my book. It may require a bit more juggling and finesse to add in the ingredients simutaneously like some recipes call for, but I don't mind. It's worth it.

I am baking again and loving it

from Bloomfield

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I had stopped baking prior due to fatigue. I got my Kitchenaid mixer and now I love baking again. It helps speed up the baking process and my arms are not tired after baking. I can use the mixer to whip sugar and cream, while I get the other ingredients ready. I made a tres leche cake last week and it turned out amazing!

Love my new mixer and the color is gorgous!

from Jamestown Kentucky

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I bought my mixer a week ago, I picked the color bird of paradise which is a salmon color. It's not only beauty but it works so well. I have had two other stand mixers that were cheaper but I found either they were not strong enough to handle my baking or the attachments broke because they were plastic. I know this is heavy but it's made to last. This is my go to appliance.

A Heavy Duty Kitchen Must-Have!

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I've wanted one of these mixers for as long as I can remember and this summer, I finally bought one. I honestly don't know what I did before this mixer. This is a must-have tool for anyone who cooks or bakes.

My traditional electric hand mixer would struggle with thick cookie dough, but the KitchenAid KSM150 plows through flour and eggs with no problems--and the best part it is that it works so quietly. My dogs hated my noisy hand mixer, but they don't care at all when my KitchenAid is working at even the loudest high speed. Who knew that my dogs would love my new mixer, too?

I love that the KitchenAid takes whatever baking project I throw at it. I'm excited to try bread-making and, of course, homemade dog treats! What a stellar mixer this is. It looks great and is built so sturdily that I know it will last me for many years to come. Highly recommended.

Kitchenaid Mixmaster

from Nottingham, Maryland

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is my favorite appliance. I use it all the time. I use it for cakes, pies, pizza dough. Whether a slight blend or consistent mixing, it never disappoints. It stays put. It is heavy but it but I don't mind because it is well made. It is consistent and a purchase that is well made. It is made to last. I have purchased add ons and they are well made, quality items. The blades are as finely made as is the meat grinder as is the pasta add on. I have had this mixer for over 8 years and used at least weekly. It works as well today as the first time used. I wanted one of these forever and I am a fan! The bowl attaches and detaches perfectly. The paddles slide on and off easily. You can use it to slightly mix or vigorously as needed. This is a real staple that never goes out of style nor becomes useless. Love it!

Powerful Mixer

from Wisconsin

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

• Whipping cream

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Could not be happier with this mixer. I am able to make a double batch of bread dough quickly. I make cookies, cakes, and whip cream in a flash. This mixer is heavy duty and made to last.

This is the best thing i got

from Miami. FL

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Better results
    • Capacity
    • Good accessories
    • Heavy Duty
    • Variety of colors
    • Variety of uses
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Creams
    • Salty food

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Since I acquired this mixer / kitchen assistant my recipes improved 100% everything went as it should go. I love recreating and doing my recipes online, with this mixer they are excellent.

Love this versatile machine

from Bradenton Fl

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

We really love our Kitchenaid. It's gorgeous on our counter top, it's a work horse and it's very reliable. I bake regularly and have not touched a hand mixer since we got the stand mixer. I use it for baking as well as for making pasta dough. It works hard and is very consistent. I wish it were easier to store but I can't see how that's possible.

Worth the wait to own one!

from La Crosse, WI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store

• meatloaf

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I wanted to own a Kitchenaide Stand Mixer for as long as I can remember. I finally received one for my wedding and it was well worth the wait. The Kitchenaide Mixer works amazingly well for cakes, cookies, breads and even for making meatloaf! It is more efficient than a hand mixer and much quieter as well. The stand mixer stays put while mixing and can handle larger capacity recipes (even double batches of zucchini bread). The only downfall is the amount of space it takes to store but the mixer is well worth that problem.

Want to love it...

from Pennsylvania

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I had a previous model and upgraded to this because it's less bulky.
      I like the way the bowl twists in as opposed to the old lock.
      I like that there is no lever to raise and lower the bowl.

However, the mixer works without locking the top downl so it seems rembering it locks is the key.
      It's quiet, but whines when you go down in speed.

It doesn't hit the bottom of the bowl.

The splashgaurd is flimsy.

The old beater and whisks attached better and more secure.

It works great. It is quick and efficient. It makes beautiful merengue and whipps cream with ease. It handles bread better than the older model. It works well to mix just about anything.

The attachments are overpriced, the sausage stuffer is horrendous.

Overall it does the job but isn't as great as older models with attachments that are too pricey to replace their cheaper smaller counterparts.

Love my mixer

from Amity, or

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
      • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love using my mixer for all my baking needs