4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KSM150PSWH, KSM150PSBU, KSM150PSTG, KSM150PSES, KSM150PSAC, KSM150PSBL, KSM150PSBW, KSM150PS, KSM150PSBF, KSM150PSCV, KSM150PSCO, KSM150PSER, KSM150PSGC, KSM150PSGA, KSM150PSBK, KSM150PSGR, KSM150PSMY, KSM150PSOB, KSM150PSPE, KSM150PSPN, KSM150PSSM, KSM150PSWW, KSM150PSYP, KSM155GBRI, KSM150PSPK
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Read 1,217 Reviews

KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (15)
  • Heavy duty (15)
  • Capacity (10)
  • Works quietly (10)

Cons

• Heavy (11)

• Cakes & cookies (17)
  • Bread (14)
  • Meringue (11)
  • Pies (6)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (11), Avid cook (6)

You can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid

I received this mixer as a wedding present, and though I don't cook much in general, I love this mixer. I have a tiny apartment kitchen, but it's well worth the space it takes up! My favorite thing about this mixer is that I know it will do anything I need it to do. I've made frosting, mashed potatoes, ice cream (with the ice cream maker attachment), doughs for various baking projects, cream soups, etc etc etc. It's so much nicer than a hand-mixer, because I can turn it on and just let it go. This mixer is also top quality, and it's easy to clean. Just wash the bowl, pop out the beater or dough hook and wash, and you're done. If you're getting married, register for one and you might get lucky and get one. Or, if you're looking for a mixer that will last the rest of your life, this is the one for you.

Nice product, but too pricey.

I came from the old school mentality of either mixing by hand or using a hand mixer. Once the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer came on the market, I was expecting GREAT things from it. I enjoy the whisk to beat egg whites, the mixing paddle is terrific for those more intense recipes which requires you to mix for a while, but truly I don't think the Stand Mixer is worth it's price tag,

The paddles do not scrape the bottom of your bowl, so 9 out of 10 times you will need to hand mix the ingredients that did not get mixed in with your batter. I also found that the paddle attachements and whisk do not do well on the top rack of the dishwasher,  even though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. My paddle and whisk came out dull and stained with soap spots.

The next time I used the mixer after I washed the attachements in the dishwasher, in my batter was silver staining from the paddle. It made my mix taste a bit metallic. Not a good experience.

If I could change one thing about the mixer I would make sure that there was the mobility to move the levels of the mixing bowl higher and lower than they currently can move. You can lower the bowl by rotating the handle clockwise on the side of the mixer. It allows you to add in extra ingredients. I find that there is not a great range to do so, so my measuring cup is spilling whatever I'm adding due to lack of room.

I've gone back to my hand mixer which is tried and true in my book. It may require a bit more juggling and finesse to add in the ingredients simutaneously like some recipes call for, but I don't mind. It's worth it.

Love this Mixer

from Philadelphia

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love this mixer so much! I use it for all of my baking needs and get a very consistent mix. it is very heavy which makes it hard to store, but these products are made to last and I like that they are built heavy duty. Love all the attachments and love how easy it is to clean, 5 stars for sure!!

KitchenAid has outdone themselves with this product

from Norman, AR

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I am completely and totally in love with this mixer. I use it for everything. I purchased the food grinder and slicer/shredder attachments and have almost eliminated all of my other gadgets. It's super sturdy and doesn't move all over the counter when it's on. I appreciate the tilt head action on it because it makes putting the bowl under the mixer so much easier. It cleans up so quickly and easily, too. So far I haven't really had any complaints. I definitely enjoy cooking much more with this handy dandy tool. It is a little heavy and hard to move around but that is also a positive so that the mixer doesn't walk all over the place when in use.

Love Them!

from Chapel Hill, NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have had a kitchenaid stand mixer for years now. I recently added this one to my kitchen. I use them almost daily and wouldn't give them up! The mixer works well and does a great job quietly and efficiently.

Absolutely Love this machine

from Appomattox, VA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received this product during the summer and I was so excited about owning a top end mixer. The only con from 4 months of use is it is a bit heavy to move around. Now let's hit the positives. There is a reason it is known as a high quality mixer. This machine mixes perfectly. The attachments you can get for this machine is absolutely overwhelming. Personally I have used the Ice Cream maker attachment and the pasta maker attachment. I saw on the TV show "How it's Made" and behold there was how they make the Mixers. If there is any doubt if this machine is well made, that tv show showed me the price of the mixer is well worth it. It truly is built to last. The color I chose was a dark red and it is gloss. The color options are very eye appealing. Looks Beautiful. I have personally mixed bread, pies, cake, whipped cream and many other recipes in this mixer and most of the time it does great. I do sometimes in making bread or cake recipes stop the machine and I have to scrape the bowl so all of the ingredients mix, it does tend to leave some of the dry ingredients on the bowl. Making Whipping cream is a breeze with the included attachments in the box. The bowl has a groove in it that fits to the mixer stand so you do not have to worry about mixing and the bowl moving or holding it by hand. This is a high quality machine that again, is built to last and I have yet to experience a problem. Very recommended product.

Kitchen aid

from Bowman sc

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my mixer it saves me so much time and my arms while mixing. I love making cookies with it makes it's less hassle.

Love this!

from Wilmington,nc

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is so much better than a hand mixer!

good

from 20حى امير عبد قادر

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

verygood

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

My mixer

from Mobile Alabama

So I won this mixer and I absolutely love it. It definitely is amazing

A must for every kitchen!

from Yorba Linda, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I grew up with this mixer so when I got married I had to get my own. Overall I love this mixer. It mixes well, it's easy to use and it does many different things(if you get additional attachments). The one thing I don't like is how heavy it is.

Mixing will never be the same again

from Bend, OR

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Removes Air Bubbles in Bread Dough
      • Speeds things up
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I said goodbye to my bread maker (Cuisinart) and have been using my Kitchenaid mixer for over a year now. I make bread weekly, and there is a marked difference in the dough from the bread maker vs. the Kitchenaid mixer, and my dough turns out significantly better, and the clean-up, the prep time, EVERYTHING is reduced.

I also use my Kitchenaid mixer to make cookies - no bake cookies, chocolate chip cookies, all types of cookies, and cake as well. Almost everything in our house is homemade and this wouldn't be possible without this stand mixer. Yes, it is on the pricy side but it really reduces my prep time in the kitchen, especially during holidays and parties. I'd rather buy a quality product and have it forever rather than replace one ever 5 or 10 years.

I haven't had the need to get any extra attachments. I have used the three attachments that come with it - dough hook, beater and paddle attachment, so don't worry about spending anything extra if you do the standard things.

Note: I bought this with my own money; I didn't receive a free sample, nor was I asked to write a review.