4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KSM150PSWH, KSM150PSBU, KSM150PSTG, KSM150PSES, KSM150PSAC, KSM150PSBL, KSM150PSBW, KSM150PS, KSM150PSBF, KSM150PSCV, KSM150PSCO, KSM150PSER, KSM150PSGC, KSM150PSGA, KSM150PSBK, KSM150PSGR, KSM150PSMY, KSM150PSOB, KSM150PSPE, KSM150PSPN, KSM150PSSM, KSM150PSWW, KSM150PSYP, KSM155GBRI, KSM150PSPK
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Read 1,231 Reviews

KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (26)
  • Heavy duty (24)
  • Capacity (18)
  • Works quietly (16)

Cons

• Heavy (18)
  • Difficult to store (3)

• Cakes & cookies (28)
  • Bread (22)
  • Meringue (17)
  • Pies (11)
  • Candy (5)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (17), Avid cook (11)

You can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid

I received this mixer as a wedding present, and though I don't cook much in general, I love this mixer. I have a tiny apartment kitchen, but it's well worth the space it takes up! My favorite thing about this mixer is that I know it will do anything I need it to do. I've made frosting, mashed potatoes, ice cream (with the ice cream maker attachment), doughs for various baking projects, cream soups, etc etc etc. It's so much nicer than a hand-mixer, because I can turn it on and just let it go. This mixer is also top quality, and it's easy to clean. Just wash the bowl, pop out the beater or dough hook and wash, and you're done. If you're getting married, register for one and you might get lucky and get one. Or, if you're looking for a mixer that will last the rest of your life, this is the one for you.

Nice product, but too pricey.

I came from the old school mentality of either mixing by hand or using a hand mixer. Once the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer came on the market, I was expecting GREAT things from it. I enjoy the whisk to beat egg whites, the mixing paddle is terrific for those more intense recipes which requires you to mix for a while, but truly I don't think the Stand Mixer is worth it's price tag,

The paddles do not scrape the bottom of your bowl, so 9 out of 10 times you will need to hand mix the ingredients that did not get mixed in with your batter. I also found that the paddle attachements and whisk do not do well on the top rack of the dishwasher,  even though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. My paddle and whisk came out dull and stained with soap spots.

The next time I used the mixer after I washed the attachements in the dishwasher, in my batter was silver staining from the paddle. It made my mix taste a bit metallic. Not a good experience.

If I could change one thing about the mixer I would make sure that there was the mobility to move the levels of the mixing bowl higher and lower than they currently can move. You can lower the bowl by rotating the handle clockwise on the side of the mixer. It allows you to add in extra ingredients. I find that there is not a great range to do so, so my measuring cup is spilling whatever I'm adding due to lack of room.

I've gone back to my hand mixer which is tried and true in my book. It may require a bit more juggling and finesse to add in the ingredients simutaneously like some recipes call for, but I don't mind. It's worth it.

This is the best thing I own!

from Niagara falls ny

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• All the attachments makes this a multitasker
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this as a christmas gift about 8 years ago and it still works just as good as the day i got it. I do alot of baking and this is a life saver. You can buy miltiple different attachments and turn it in to a meat grinder, ice cream maker or pasta maker. These products will really last a lifetime. I tell my boyfriend incase of a fire i'll grab the cats, you grab the mixer.

I did buy another one because I loved it so much .

from Lacrosse in

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I loved mine so much I bought one for mothers day for my mother . It does an amazing job . Don't forget if you haven't used it in a while to turn it on before you do to make sure to loosen up he oil before baking.

Love my mixer

from Hermiston, oregon

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer. Its quiet and can handle pretty much anything I put in it.

I love it

from Houston Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I bought this mixer because my hands get so tired of mixing cookies. This mixer has made my life so much easier. Loving to bake was no longer painful.

I would buy this again

from Jennings, La

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use this frequently for baking items. This has made my life so much easier when it comes to make large batches of cookies. Love the color, and the accessories that were included

Love My KitchenAid Mixer!

from Muncie, Indiana

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love to bake and use my KitchenAid mixer almost on a daily basis. It's very quiet and mixes wonderfully! I recommend this product to everyone I meet. I can't live without my KitchenAid mixer!

It's a KitchenAid What more do I need to say??

from texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

It's a KitchenAid What more do I need to say?? This is an amazing tool. I got it for a great price too. I am through the roof. Made some cookies, whipped up some custard. Man I'm a backing machine. I really enjoy it and look forward to keeping it for a long time.

Kitchen Aid is Awesome

from Denton, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have never been one for really expensive kitchen side items but this is totally worth it. It can be used for anything imaginable and has a gazillion attachments. Definitely worth the money put out and makes life easier in the kitchen...no arm tiring with this when making millions of cookies

Exceptional Mixer

from Fort Dodge, IA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Anything that needs mixing!
      • Mashed Potatoes

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My fiance bought this for me as a gift and I find excuses to mix things just so I can use it. I know it was an expensive gift but it has definitely gotten his moneys worth of use. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves baking.

Excellent Mixer

from Maine

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer as it takes very little time to mix together the ingredients and it's quiet. Also comes with multiple attachments for different uses and they clean very easily a. Would recommend this to others as it's a wonderful investment made!