4.8
Other Mixers:
Stand Mixers
KitchenAid
Models:
KSM150PSWH, KSM150PSBU, KSM150PSTG, KSM150PSES, KSM150PSAC, KSM150PSBL, KSM150PSBW, KSM150PS, KSM150PSBF, KSM150PSCV, KSM150PSCO, KSM150PSER, KSM150PSGC, KSM150PSGA, KSM150PSBK, KSM150PSGR, KSM150PSMY, KSM150PSOB, KSM150PSPE, KSM150PSPN, KSM150PSSM, KSM150PSWW, KSM150PSYP, KSM155GBRI, KSM150PSPK
KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

Read 1,227 Reviews

KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (22)
  • Heavy duty (20)
  • Capacity (16)
  • Works quietly (13)

Cons

• Heavy (15)

• Cakes & cookies (24)
  • Bread (19)
  • Meringue (14)
  • Pies (8)
  • Candy (4)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (15), Avid cook (9)

You can't go wrong with Kitchen Aid

I received this mixer as a wedding present, and though I don't cook much in general, I love this mixer. I have a tiny apartment kitchen, but it's well worth the space it takes up! My favorite thing about this mixer is that I know it will do anything I need it to do. I've made frosting, mashed potatoes, ice cream (with the ice cream maker attachment), doughs for various baking projects, cream soups, etc etc etc. It's so much nicer than a hand-mixer, because I can turn it on and just let it go. This mixer is also top quality, and it's easy to clean. Just wash the bowl, pop out the beater or dough hook and wash, and you're done. If you're getting married, register for one and you might get lucky and get one. Or, if you're looking for a mixer that will last the rest of your life, this is the one for you.

Nice product, but too pricey.

I came from the old school mentality of either mixing by hand or using a hand mixer. Once the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer came on the market, I was expecting GREAT things from it. I enjoy the whisk to beat egg whites, the mixing paddle is terrific for those more intense recipes which requires you to mix for a while, but truly I don't think the Stand Mixer is worth it's price tag,

The paddles do not scrape the bottom of your bowl, so 9 out of 10 times you will need to hand mix the ingredients that did not get mixed in with your batter. I also found that the paddle attachements and whisk do not do well on the top rack of the dishwasher,  even though they are supposed to be dishwasher safe. My paddle and whisk came out dull and stained with soap spots.

The next time I used the mixer after I washed the attachements in the dishwasher, in my batter was silver staining from the paddle. It made my mix taste a bit metallic. Not a good experience.

If I could change one thing about the mixer I would make sure that there was the mobility to move the levels of the mixing bowl higher and lower than they currently can move. You can lower the bowl by rotating the handle clockwise on the side of the mixer. It allows you to add in extra ingredients. I find that there is not a great range to do so, so my measuring cup is spilling whatever I'm adding due to lack of room.

I've gone back to my hand mixer which is tried and true in my book. It may require a bit more juggling and finesse to add in the ingredients simutaneously like some recipes call for, but I don't mind. It's worth it.

I would buy this again

from Jennings, La

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use this frequently for baking items. This has made my life so much easier when it comes to make large batches of cookies. Love the color, and the accessories that were included

Love My KitchenAid Mixer!

from Muncie, Indiana

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love to bake and use my KitchenAid mixer almost on a daily basis. It's very quiet and mixes wonderfully! I recommend this product to everyone I meet. I can't live without my KitchenAid mixer!

It's a KitchenAid What more do I need to say??

from texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

It's a KitchenAid What more do I need to say?? This is an amazing tool. I got it for a great price too. I am through the roof. Made some cookies, whipped up some custard. Man I'm a backing machine. I really enjoy it and look forward to keeping it for a long time.

Kitchen Aid is Awesome

from Denton, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have never been one for really expensive kitchen side items but this is totally worth it. It can be used for anything imaginable and has a gazillion attachments. Definitely worth the money put out and makes life easier in the kitchen...no arm tiring with this when making millions of cookies

Exceptional Mixer

from Fort Dodge, IA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Anything that needs mixing!
      • Candy
      • Mashed Potatoes

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My fiance bought this for me as a gift and I find excuses to mix things just so I can use it. I know it was an expensive gift but it has definitely gotten his moneys worth of use. I would recommend this product to anyone who loves baking.

Excellent Mixer

from Maine

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love this mixer as it takes very little time to mix together the ingredients and it's quiet. Also comes with multiple attachments for different uses and they clean very easily a. Would recommend this to others as it's a wonderful investment made!

Love this mixer

from Indy

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love to bake and this really gets the job done.

Love this Mixer

from Philadelphia

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love this mixer so much! I use it for all of my baking needs and get a very consistent mix. it is very heavy which makes it hard to store, but these products are made to last and I like that they are built heavy duty. Love all the attachments and love how easy it is to clean, 5 stars for sure!!

KitchenAid has outdone themselves with this product

from Norman, AR

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
        • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I am completely and totally in love with this mixer. I use it for everything. I purchased the food grinder and slicer/shredder attachments and have almost eliminated all of my other gadgets. It's super sturdy and doesn't move all over the counter when it's on. I appreciate the tilt head action on it because it makes putting the bowl under the mixer so much easier. It cleans up so quickly and easily, too. So far I haven't really had any complaints. I definitely enjoy cooking much more with this handy dandy tool. It is a little heavy and hard to move around but that is also a positive so that the mixer doesn't walk all over the place when in use.

Love Them!

from Chapel Hill, NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have had a kitchenaid stand mixer for years now. I recently added this one to my kitchen. I use them almost daily and wouldn't give them up! The mixer works well and does a great job quietly and efficiently.