Other Mixers:
KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer
Rca_2013_normal

KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

What I thought I wanted.

After my hand mixer died a friend gave me the Kitchenaid 275 Watts Stand Mixer, I'd always wanted a Kitchenaid mixer.  She taught me how to use it and I was off!  I found some good and some "improvements" i would have made.

Pros - I loved being able to put in my ingredients and walk away.  I love the large bowl, it's easy to "lock" in.  It head is easy to lift and the speeds are easy to select.

Cons - I wish this model had the plastic bowl cover that makes it easy to add ingredients.  You can buy them separate, I recommend it.  The other con is the big one for me, there is a spot at the bottom of the bowl that doesn't get mixed.  Once it's all mixed, you have to turn the bowl slightly and let the beaters hit the spot.  Which makes me wonder would I have been better just using a cheap hand mixer?

Now I do know there are a lot of great attachments for the Kitchenaid Mixers, however at a basic level I'd save your money.  If you don't plan to but the attachments skip this model.

I love Kitchen Aid Mixers but not this one.

One of my biggest goals in life is to own a Kitchen Aid Standmixer. I know that sounds silly but I bake alot and the mixer makes a huge difference in taste and efficiency. While I wait and save up to buy one of my own, I want the big one, I am borrowing my mother's mixer. She has the bottom of the line model with only 4.5 quart capacity and 275 watts. It's not the watts that kills me or even the size really but the quality. the head of her mixer shakes when it mixes which makes alot of noise and doens't feel like it mixes properly. I've used a few different models of this product and the higher end ones work much better. Also you can't really do double batches of cookies because of the size but if you don't bake that much then you probably wont notice that at all. I also like the higher models because they have more color options. I'm a sucker for colored mixers what can I say. Overall if you bake get a stand mixer. If you get one make sure it's a kitchen aid but pay the extra bucks and get the mid level or pro version of this mixer. It will be worth every penny and last you forever.

Good while it lasted

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy
  • Noisy

• Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My mixer was great until I left it sitting on top of the counter that was over the dishwasher. After about 2 weeks I went back to use it and it started dripping liquified grease into my cake mix. It continued to drip for days, even after I moved it. I called the company and was told it was my fault for setting it where I did. It would have cost more to repair than what was paid for it. Yes, it was my fault I guess so I replaced it with a different brand.

This product is a definite must in your kitchen!

from Shawnee, OK

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Meringue
  • Pies

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This product is a real workhorse! The quality construction is worth the investment. You will have it for many years.

Worth it!!!

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Although the KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5 -Quart Stand Mixer is pricey pricey, (200), it is certainly worth the investment if you are in the kitchen a lot! Powerful mixing, so easy to clean, durable and incredibly attractive sitting on your kitchen counter. I love it! And you will too!

Mixing Performance
It does not get any better than this product when it comes to mixing performance. You won't have a single lump when you are finished! Multiple speed settings ensure you will get the proper mixing speed or power for any recipe that comes your way.

So incredibly easy to clean!

Self explanatory, although you will find instructions included if necessary!

Gorgeous and sleek design that matches any kitchen. It is a beautiful appliance!

The product lasts and lasts! You won't need to replace this mixer for many many years. I guarantee it is worth every single penny! Why waste money buying multiple products over the years when you can purchase just one that will last you ten times as long? It's an investment well worth it's cost.

Brought Back My Love For Baking

from Va

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I knew that I didn't really need a stand mixer but after I visited my sister one day and watching her use her stand mixer with ease, I decided I just had to buy one. KitchenAid is a well known brand and Cooks Illustrated recommended this one, the KitchenAid Classic Plus. I bought the pro series because it has a better dough hook, metal gearbox and more power with a larger bowl. Now I know this isn't an industrial style stand mixer but it's very close to it. I like the tilt head and the number of attachments that can be used with this stand mixer. I used to love making bread, and now since I purchased this product I'm baking bread at least once a week. I'm amazed at how quick I'm able to mix, the engine is powerful! It beats using a hand mixer, I'm able to make frosting, whipped cream, cake, cream cheese dip, and the the texture is way better than if I used a standard hand mixer. Cleaning is a breeze, and the deep bowl prevents a huge mess when mixing. The Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer has become one of my most prized possession in my kitchen. I've rekindled my love for baking which I had lost so many years ago. Having children makes it hard to cook from scratch, they are always underneath me and having this monster mixer has made it easier, no more back breaking kneading dough. My family is happy tasting the new things I cook, so it's a win win situation. I knew this was a little above my budget but I'm so glad I purchased it because it's so worth the price!

• Mixing Performance:

A little pricey, but wonderful mixer

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I give this product a seven because it works wonderfully, I just thought it was a bit pricey. I do love though that I can mix so much at one time. This product is sure to make big batches of anything you would like and sure to be used for a long period of time. I have had mine for a while now and it still works as well as the day I bought it.

Mixing Performance
It mixes everything wonderfully! I have made so many different things in mine. I have made cookies, biscuits, brownies, so many wonderful things and I have never seen any clumps. The mixing performance on this is wonderful.

Just like all mixers it is very easy to clean.

This is very easy to use. I just use the mixing bowl as my ingredients bowl and just place it under the mixer and turn it on. The settings are nice and easy.

This product I believe looks like any other mixer. I don't really like to leave it out because I don't like how it looks on my counter. I would have liked a more sophisticated design.

I have only had this mixer since Christmas but it still works as well as the day I opened it.

the best thing ever

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I recently received this as a Mother's Day gift because it was something that I always wanted. I really like the power that this mixer has. It doesn't take me long to make my cakes or other dessert that I make. I also love the attachments that comes along with it. Now I am able to do a lot more when I am making my desserts and other meals. My favorite thing to do with this mixer would be to make all of my cakes with it. Along with making my cookie mixer. I've had made cakes that didn't take forever to make. I have also put the bowls and the rest of the in the dishwasher and I can't believe how clean they came out. I also have a kitchenaid hand mixer and I love them both. I would recommend this has a great present. I am planning on putting my hand mixer away for awhile and this will be my go to mixer for now on. I probably won't be using my hand mixer ever again. I can't to use it to make pizza dough with it

Can't go wrong here

from Edina, MN

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5 Quart Stand Mixer is a perfect addition and must have for anyone who does anything in the kitchen. This is great for making cakes, cookies, cupcakes, pies, brownies, crusts, mashed potatoes, frostings, muffines, whipped cream, etc. Pretty much anything that needs to be whipped up or mixed evenly. It does a great job. I use mine all the time and it has never let me down. The results are always the same, and good ones. It is a bit of an investment as they are a little on the high end of prices, but they are the best mixer you will ever have. I would recommend them to beginners or professionals in the kitchen.

Mixing Performance
The best, nothing else comes close.

Simple to clean and the parts last forever.

Very simple to use whether you are an experienced cook/baker or not.

The design is practical and just what you need.

KitchenAids last forever. You won't be disappointed with this investment.

• Mixing Performance:

Smooth spinning power at its most finest!

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The sleek surfaces are only nearly matched by its incredible mixing strength. We bake cakes, brownies and breads quite often and this one has topped any ever used, superb quality.

Mixing Performance
High quality mixing power, the spinning velocity is quite spectacular. Cuts through the thickest batters with speed and ease.

The smooth surfaces and great stainless steel bowl make for a quick and thorough cleaning. No messing around with the cleaning process, this one shines after the toughest of jobs.

The layout is setup very well and we always go through every step of the mixing process with simplicity and ease.

Very modern, elegant design, goes great in our kitchen. Blends very well with its clean, silver appearance. Every outer shape and curve sits nicely against the backdrop of the rest of our finely designed appliances.

Never had any problems with it in the year that we've had it. The toddler even knocked it over last month, still purrs like a charm.

Mixer Review

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer is one of the best mixers i have ever had. I love using it to bake especially for making cake, cookies, and cupcake batter. It mixes everything so nice. It is also fun to use i find it quite enjoyable. If you love to bake this mixer is great to get. The money you are paying for this blender is totally worth it. I have not had any problems with it and i bake a lot. I recommend this to everyone! This is a good blender for beginners who are just starting to cook/bake. This mixer is also excellent for bread kneading. Also, if you are an expert in cooking you might really enjoy using this blender.

Mixing Performance
The mixing performance is excellent i like it a lot. The way it mixes everything together is so nice. I also really like the way it mixes everything together.

Cleaning this blender is so easy! it does not give you a hard time cleaning it.

Using this blender is so easy anybody can use it!

The design is great i love it. I think it was very well made.

Happy Wife

Comments about KitchenAid Classic Plus 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I was so excited when my husband bought me one for my birthday. It has cut the time I spend on projects by a lot, and now I enjoy baking more.

Mixing Performance
The only complaint that I have is that it struggles with bread dough, which is one reason I wanted it in the beginning. Overall though, I still love it.

The bowl and attachments are easy to clean, but the stand itself is a little harder.

It is really easy to use, and even my three year old love to help me. The attachments are easy to put on and take off, and the switches on the sides make turning the machine on and off no problem.

It is attractive on the counter. I actually like to leave it on the counter so I can show it off to people that come over. I feel really lucky that I have an awesome husband who bought one for me.

I have had it for a year now without any problems with it. My father has an off brand and his is no longer working as well as it should. He was jealous that I was given a KitchenAid.