4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,667 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (27)
  • Heavy duty (23)
  • Capacity (22)
  • Works quietly (21)

Cons

• Heavy (16)
  • Difficult to store (8)
  • Moves while mixing (3)

• Cakes & cookies (31)
  • Bread (21)
  • Meringue (17)
  • Pies (16)
  • Candy (14)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (22), Avid cook (7), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (44), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (10)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

marracech morocco 67278

from moroccco

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Moves While Mixing

zakakakakakakakakakakakakakakak

This KitchenAidis a simple one and easy to use

from algeria

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Capacity

This KitchenAidis a simple one and easy to use

The only mixer I use for all my baking

from Ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received this product as a Christmas gift and I was so excited because I could finally do the baking that I wanted to do! The first thing I made were cherry blossom cookies and the results were fantastic. The mixer put everything together nicely and everything was mixed evenly. There are enough settings to choose whether or not you need to beat up something real quick or at a slower pace. I love the locking mechanism on the side. I've used all the attachments for numerous things. Frosting, cakes, cookies and dough. It still works like a charm. If something were to ever happen to this one there is no doubt in my mind that I would go to the store and buy another one. The quality is amazing and one of the best things I own in my Kitchen!

A life saver in the kitchen!

from New Richmond, Wi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Mashed potatoes
      • Meat

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Overall, I love my KitchenAid Mixer! It makes so many mundane tasks easy... And makes the creamiest mashed potatoes (after boiling them of course!). Recently, I've used mine to make chocolate mousse, mix meatloaf or.burger parties... The standard cakes and cookies... And a few things I hadn't thought to use my mixer for! The possibilities are endless!

A few things I wish mine included... We're slash guards while mixing (flour can puff over or wetter mixes are known to splatter)... And I would have willingly paid more for.my mixer had it come with deluxe attachments, rather than buying them one by one, or several sixed mixing bowls...

It's easy to clean and store... If you have the space for it that is. Downside is it is a bit heavier, so those that might worry about that may wish to know.

Makes baking easy.

from Countryside, IL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Do a lot of baking, my 12 year old uses it with ease.

Greatest mixer of all time

from Detroit,+MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the greatest mixer of all time, I love mixing my cakes and butter cream frosting with it, I don't know what took me so long to get one. I would recommend this to mixer to everyone

Amazing mixer

from Dallas, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
        • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best mixer ever. My grandmother used one so when I had the chance to buy one I jumped! I've never loved a mixer more than I love my kitchen aid. It's heavy duty and has a large enough bowl to make several dozen cookies at once. I'll never love another.

Love it

from Fontana, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I absolutely love this mixer, it is lightweight and very durable. I just received it a couple months ago but have already used it so many times. There are so many different things you can use this for and it is so easy to use even for a beginner like me. I would definitely recommend this if your looking for something that is durable and doesnt have a lot of weight to it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Makes baking a delight for the whole family!

from Elko, Nevada

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
          • Even Mixing

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this for Christmas from my husband, and me and my daughter have not stopped baking with it yet. I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid, so when I got it, I put it right to use. The best part about this to me is how easy it is to put together, take apart, clean, and reassemble everything. The hooks or wisks that you use on it come out with an easy push in of the button and a twist, and they are so easy to wash. Since everything is dishwasher safe, it makes it easy to throw it all in there when you are done. I used to only use a hand mixer, but with this things happen so fast and it makes it so easily. I love that it has so many different speeds on it, but I definitely would not recommend starting out on speed 10, take it nice and slow to mix things first and then speed up as you need to. This has cut our baking time in half, so now we can make so many more things. They cost around $200 (depending on sales) so they aren't super cheap, but they last a long time and are so worth spending the money on!

I would like to bring Kitchen Aid to my Sister

from kidous Algeria

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
            • Even Mixing
            • Heavy Duty
            • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I've been wanting this for so long and this past year, my mother bought this for me for my birthday and boy was I surprised to receive this!!! It was love at first sight!! :). Ever since purchasing, I have made cakes, cookies, and all sorts of yummy deliciousness. Can't wait to actually make homemade bread.
            Allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory, so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe. Locking the head into place during operation keeps the beater-to-bowl contact close and efficient.
            Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you're stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
            Everything you need for recipes with a coated flat beater, coated dough hook and 6-wire whip. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.