4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,715 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (67)
  • Heavy duty (64)
  • Capacity (54)
  • Works quietly (47)

Cons

• Heavy (47)
  • Difficult to store (21)
  • Moves while mixing (7)
  • Difficult to clean (6)

• Cakes & cookies (76)
  • Bread (52)
  • Meringue (42)
  • Pies (42)
  • Candy (28)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (50), Avid cook (25), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (46), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (11)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

I will always own a KitchenAid Mixer

from Altoona, PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I will always have a KitchenAid mixer. I feel that they are a staple to have in the kitchen, and I use mine at least once per week. I have owned mine for about 4 years now and never once had a problem with it. It is so much easier and more convenient than a hand mixer, not to mention way more powerful.

I love my mixer!

from Duncansville PA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use my kitchenaid mixer to prepare my cookies and cakes. I'm a homemaker with 2 kids who love helping me in the kitchen. I can't wait to get more attachments so I can dabble in other recipes.

Can't imagine life without it

from Pittsburgh

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

The machine changed my life. Everyone should have one in their kitchen.

I'm in love with cooking again !

from Central Illinois

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Absolutely love this mixer ! Recently purchased this and have fell in love with cooking all over again. It makes the lightest fluffest meringue you ever seen and the dough hook for breads, the best ! I'm a bread baking momma these days.

Love my Mixer

from Middle river Md

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• attachments are expensive

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love cooking and baking for all my friends and family.It so is to use and makes my life easier when baking and mixing recipes

Love this mixer

from Pleasant hope mo

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer belong to my mother. When I really got into baking she decided to give hers to me. I have used it for breads, cakes, icing, candy, and many other things. I love the attachment. We use quite a few of the attachments. I love its versatility.

Awesome mixer!

from Toms River, NJ

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

• Pizza dough

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have been using this mixer since I got it at my bridal shower, and it still works amazing, 17 years later!! I use this almost daily, to make cookies, cakes, pizza, pies, pretty much anything that my family loves to eat! I highly recommend this to everyone!

Rock solid!

from Austin, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer was given to me over 10 years ago and it hasn't lost any of its power or dependability. It's the workhorse of all blenders. Well worth every cent and some.

I love these mixers! Best brand

from AZ

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have always used these mixers at home and at work. Just love!

Best tool ever

from Hebron CT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best tool ever...I always use it now to make pizza dough..its so simple just put the stuff in and the mixer does the rest...its nice looking so I leave it on the countertop so there is no need to store it or move it around...it also makes the best cheesecake..it makes all the difference in the world using the kitchenaid...it comes so creamy and even..I dont know how I lived without this..worth every penny..and it makes its money back by making everything from scratch