4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,707 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (60)
  • Heavy duty (56)
  • Capacity (48)
  • Works quietly (42)

Cons

• Heavy (42)
  • Difficult to store (19)
  • Moves while mixing (7)
  • Difficult to clean (5)

• Cakes & cookies (69)
  • Bread (49)
  • Pies (39)
  • Meringue (37)
  • Candy (27)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (47), Avid cook (20), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (46), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (11)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

I love these mixers! Best brand

from AZ

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have always used these mixers at home and at work. Just love!

Best tool ever

from Hebron CT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best tool ever...I always use it now to make pizza dough..its so simple just put the stuff in and the mixer does the rest...its nice looking so I leave it on the countertop so there is no need to store it or move it around...it also makes the best cheesecake..it makes all the difference in the world using the kitchenaid...it comes so creamy and even..I dont know how I lived without this..worth every penny..and it makes its money back by making everything from scratch

Zero complaints

from Ludowici ga

About Me Avid Cook

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I've had this mixer for 10 years and it's still like new. I love it! I make all my cookies and cakes in it.

Wonderful Mixer

from Rochester, NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I purchased this mixer two yrs ago and wish I had bought one sooner. I absolutely love it for mixing Christmas cookie dough. So much easier than my old mixer. Cleans up very nice and very easy to use.

I would buy

from NJ

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Candy

Love it easy to use

A must have

from Poconos, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Not only have I had my mixer for over 10 years with ZERO issues, it's walked with me through some major milestones in our family. I've made countless cookies and birthday cakes and Easter rolls and Thanksgiving pies...It makes my life easier. And is so efficient. I recommend this as a must have, to all friends.

Love it

from Brenham, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
        • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I wish this was a bit lighter, but it sure beats having to stir by hand. I love it.

Best Mixer on the Market

from Locust grove , ga

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love my mixer I use it all the time mixes my batter up so quickly and smoothly. What I love the best about it is I can walk away for a second and it still over there mixing.

This product is a must have in any bakers paradise

from 21655

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
          • Even Mixing
          • Heavy Duty
          • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I use my Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer to bake cakes, pies, cookies, and even to whip up my own homemade frostings! There are attachments you can purchase to do pretty much anything your heart desires! Everyone should own a Kitchen Aid Classic Mixer! It is heavy so it is best if left stationary.

I loooooooooove this mixer

from North Carolina

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy to Clean
          • Even Mixing
          • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This was initially a gift for my fiance for his birthday. He LOVES kitchen gadgets. Me? Not so much. I'm for practicality. Or rather I was lol. This was a splurge but he's so worth it. This mixer is phenomenal! This is a bit heavy to get out and put on the shelf so please keep that in mind for anyone with physical limitations. Super easy to clean as long as you clean up right after and not allow it to sit for too long. All of that aside, it's truly a great machine that provides thorough mixing on everything we make. (I said we. See how I got roped into that?? lol) I had wondered what all the hype was for this mixer, but after using it, I can tell you that It's worth every penny.