4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,670 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (30)
  • Heavy duty (26)
  • Capacity (25)
  • Works quietly (23)

Cons

• Heavy (18)
  • Difficult to store (10)
  • Moves while mixing (4)

• Cakes & cookies (34)
  • Bread (24)
  • Meringue (20)
  • Pies (18)
  • Candy (15)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (24), Avid cook (8), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (44), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (10)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

Definitely recommend buying!

from State college, pa

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
  • Difficult to Store
  • Heavy
  • Moves While Mixing

• Candy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

My KitchenAid mixer is one of my go to kitchen appliances! I have issues with both of my hands which makes it difficult to prep a lot of the meals I make. I use my mixer for things such as mixing my meatloaf and meatball ingredients, making dough for potpie or fresh pasta amongst many other recipes. I have numerous attachments for it also. The pasta attachments are used a lot! I love making fresh pasta and having the machine roll it out for me and cut it without having to use a rolling pin. I would definitely recommend getting one!!!

The ONLY Mixer You Will Ever Need!!!

from Preston, CT

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

• Frosting

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I had a blue KitchenAid stand mixer for over 15 years but we built a new home and I wanted a stainless steel mixer to match my new kitchen and appliances. Since the ratings were good and it was the featured stand mixer at King Arthur Flour, I went with a Cuisinart (and gave the 10-year old KA to my daughter-in-law). Very disappointed so after 2 years, I gave the Cuisinart to my granddaughter and purchased a brand new KitchenAid mixer! I am set for life!!!

Love, love, love this product!

from Robertsdale

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
    • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I adore this mixer! It was my first kitchen aid and it worked like a charm. It mixes up batches of buttercream flawlessly, the bread hook makes making dough very easy.

marracech morocco 67278

from moroccco

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
    • Works Quietly

Cons

• Moves While Mixing

zakakakakakakakakakakakakakakak

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This KitchenAidis a simple one and easy to use

from algeria

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Capacity

This KitchenAidis a simple one and easy to use

The only mixer I use for all my baking

from Ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I received this product as a Christmas gift and I was so excited because I could finally do the baking that I wanted to do! The first thing I made were cherry blossom cookies and the results were fantastic. The mixer put everything together nicely and everything was mixed evenly. There are enough settings to choose whether or not you need to beat up something real quick or at a slower pace. I love the locking mechanism on the side. I've used all the attachments for numerous things. Frosting, cakes, cookies and dough. It still works like a charm. If something were to ever happen to this one there is no doubt in my mind that I would go to the store and buy another one. The quality is amazing and one of the best things I own in my Kitchen!

A life saver in the kitchen!

from New Richmond, Wi

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Mashed potatoes
        • Meat

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Overall, I love my KitchenAid Mixer! It makes so many mundane tasks easy... And makes the creamiest mashed potatoes (after boiling them of course!). Recently, I've used mine to make chocolate mousse, mix meatloaf or.burger parties... The standard cakes and cookies... And a few things I hadn't thought to use my mixer for! The possibilities are endless!

A few things I wish mine included... We're slash guards while mixing (flour can puff over or wetter mixes are known to splatter)... And I would have willingly paid more for.my mixer had it come with deluxe attachments, rather than buying them one by one, or several sixed mixing bowls...

It's easy to clean and store... If you have the space for it that is. Downside is it is a bit heavier, so those that might worry about that may wish to know.

Makes baking easy.

from Countryside, IL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Do a lot of baking, my 12 year old uses it with ease.

Greatest mixer of all time

from Detroit,+MI

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
          • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the greatest mixer of all time, I love mixing my cakes and butter cream frosting with it, I don't know what took me so long to get one. I would recommend this to mixer to everyone

Amazing mixer

from Dallas, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
          • Even Mixing
          • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
          • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best mixer ever. My grandmother used one so when I had the chance to buy one I jumped! I've never loved a mixer more than I love my kitchen aid. It's heavy duty and has a large enough bowl to make several dozen cookies at once. I'll never love another.