4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,690 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (46)
  • Capacity (41)
  • Heavy duty (41)
  • Works quietly (33)

Cons

• Heavy (30)
  • Difficult to store (16)
  • Moves while mixing (6)
  • Difficult to clean (4)

• Cakes & cookies (53)
  • Bread (37)
  • Pies (32)
  • Meringue (30)
  • Candy (22)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (34), Avid cook (17), Gourmet chef (4)
    • I received a sample (45), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (11)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

Sturdy and Reliable

from Salt Lake City, UT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I am a casual cook but have always wanted one of these mixers. I was more than thrilled when I finally received one as a gift. I love it for making cookies and cakes. I still prefer my other mixer for kneading bread dough. I love how well made the mixer is. I love that the motor is strong. I don't worry about it burning out.
The biggest drawback is that it takes a lot of counter space and his heavy to lift when I want to use it. However, as much as I love it, I really don't mind. I recently made hundreds of cookies for a wedding and it mixed the dough so nicely. I was even able to add chocolate chips and not have the mixer break them up into little pieces. It's one of my favorite kitchen appliances.

Best mixer ever!

from Central Wisconsin

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I wanted a kitchen aid mixer for years but never wanted to spend the money. After years of replacing my hand mixers and cheap stand mixers I broke down and spent the money. It has been a great investment. I have a lot of pain in my gains from an old injury, so holding a hand mixer had become a challenge. This mixer makes it easy tk turn it on, continue other tasks and keep coming back to it. Love my mixer!!! I bake a lot so this has been great!

Last Mixer I'll ever buy

from Azle,Tx

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I've had mine 2 years now and I use it almost daily. From mashed potatoes to cake. It has a place of honor on my counter.

Perfect for everything!baking and cooking becomes effortless

from Grovetown,ga

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love to use when baking, making whipped cream ,and mashed potatoes. I use for almost every meal.

Great classic Kitchenaid mixer

from New Braunfels, Texas

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Like others have said, this has been the gold standard of stand mixers for generations. I do lots of sourdough everything and this mixes big batches without even blinking an eye. Get it; you'll love it; don't even bother with the other brands; it's more than worth the price. As for the "loose pin" described in previous reviews, here's the fix, it's easy. You'll need a flat-head screwdriver for this. Unplug your mixer, remove the bowl and any attachments, and lock the head. Now, with a towel under it to prevent sliding and scratching, carefully lay your mixer down on its side. Look up into the "neck" of the base and you'll see the big pivot pin and a tiny "set screw". Using your hands, center the pivot pin in the neck. You may have to unlock the head and jiggle it a little. Now, keeping the pivot pin centered with one hand, tighten the set screw with the screwdriver in your other hand. Stand it back up and try it out. You should be able to feel the pivot pin rotate as you tilt the head up and down. There, you're done! Now back to mixing! I love this mixer, and my Mom's before it! They work beautifully and they're tough as a tank! Just get it! You know you want it! By the way, I got aother new one this Christmas in the new blue!!!(Classic Plus)

Best Mixer ever!!

from Swans Island , Maine

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Easy to store
    • Even Mixing
    • Heavy Duty
    • Heavy duty machin
    • Many addons and attatchments
    • Simple to clean

• Dough

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This mixer can handle just about any load you throw in it. Ots easy to operate and easy to clean. Stores about anywhere you need it to. Its a bit heavy , but if it wasn't, it couldnt handle half of what it does. Wonderful addition and investment for any kitchen.

I love this!!!!! Best gift ever

from Tennessee

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy
      • N/a

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love my mixer!!!! Can't wait to get a bigger one!!!!

Great Kitchenaid Classic Mixer

from Oak Lawn, IL

Pros

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

It works very well, but it looks like it needs something else. I know they have changed the model throughout the years, but if the other one worked very well, do not change what is good. It works wonders in mixing for baked goods but not bread all that much.

My go to Mixer

from SAN FRANCISCO, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love baking and this is one of the best mixers i have every used/come across. I saw kitchen aid mixer at my sisters house and that is when i decided to give it a try. That was the best decision i made.I have been using kitchen aid for making cake and cookie batter, Naan bread batter, butter and much more. This is a perfect mixer. The device can come with multiple attachments for blending, mixing, whisking and they all do their job well. These mixers are available in various colors and sizes too. I have 4.5 quarts mixer and it is ideal for my family size of 3. Overall a great product with good value for money. I will recommend it to anyone anytime. Perfect kitchen tool !

Love it!

from Pennsylvania

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
          • Even Mixing
          • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I grew up using my mom's kitchen aid stand mixer, when I got married she bought me my own. I can't imagine baking without it! It mixes so evenly and is so heavy duty. It has multiple speeds so you can easily adjust the level depending on what you are mixing. Even on the fastest speed the mixer stays put. It is easy to clean, parts can be put in the dishwasher and the stand can be wiped down. I know from experience that this appliance is an investment that will last a long time!