4.8
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,659 Reviews

KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer

4.8

Pros

• Even mixing (22)
  • Capacity (21)
  • Heavy duty (19)
  • Works quietly (19)

Cons

• Heavy (14)
  • Difficult to store (8)

• Cakes & cookies (25)
  • Bread (18)
  • Pies (16)
  • Meringue (15)
  • Candy (14)
    • Mixing Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (17), Avid cook (7), Gourmet chef (3)
    • I received a sample (43), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (9)

Off the singles list because of this KitchenAid Stand mixer

Fun story here.  I am an ametuer cook at home.  I like to buy quality products for my kitchen and I love spending time there creating foods for my various families and friends.  Well I bought this KitchenAid Classic Series 4.5 Qt. Stand Mixer awhile back for my cookie making adventures.  It handled all those mixing tasks with ease and was much easier to use than my old hand mixer.   But the great part was, this KitchenAid stand mixer is probably the main reason I am married today.  You see, being an inspring at home chef, I wanted to create beautiful foods for my girlfriend.  Well I decided to make some homemade cheesecake for her.  She absolutely fell in love with me and actually proposed to me.   After our honeymoon, she confided in me that one of the reasons she took to me was that I had a very nice stand mixer in my kitchen and that I seriously knew my way around the kitchen.  See, the stand mixer is an iconic emblem to any kitchen showing the world that you are serious about your mixing needs.  Heck, they absolutely look fantastic sitting there like some 1950's-ish modern art sculpture just aching to start your next project.

For the stand mixer, it mixed the ingredience to my cheesecake very well with the multiple speed settings and easy access tilt head.  I highly recommend this KitchenAid stand mixer if you want to impress your friends with your cullinary genius.  Remember, you don't have to know what you're doing in the kitchen, you just have to look like you know what you're doing.

The Kitchenaid Stand Mixer was on my wish list for years.

The kitchenAid Stand mixer was on my Christmas wish list for years but I kept telling everyone, not to spend so much while hoping they would. When I first tried it out I was so thrilled about all that it would do. I made better cookies than ever and my favorite gingerbread houses were a snap with this sturdy helper. I loved using all the attachments and even bought additional pieces. I used this mixer for five years while I catered all my freinds parties, birthday and wedding cakes were so easy, making perfect bread was so much fun I even tried ingredients I had never used before.

I became so at ease with this mixer I persuaded a local bakery to part with their famous recipe for Hummingbird Cake with all the fruits and nuts that my old hand mixers would not manage. I think the quality of this mixer is so superior to the old ones had made do with for years that I became a better cook and since I have small one woman catering business being a better cook was an asset. I would hihgly recommend getting this mixer even if you are just cooking family dinners. You will have fun with it and probably be willing to try more difficult recipes.

One draw back is that you have to have a cabinet for this mixer with a swing out shelf or enough counter space to leave it out as this is not a mixer to store under an cabinet and try ti lift out.

Amazing mixer

from Dallas, TX

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
  • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

This is the best mixer ever. My grandmother used one so when I had the chance to buy one I jumped! I've never loved a mixer more than I love my kitchen aid. It's heavy duty and has a large enough bowl to make several dozen cookies at once. I'll never love another.

Love it

from Fontana, CA

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I absolutely love this mixer, it is lightweight and very durable. I just received it a couple months ago but have already used it so many times. There are so many different things you can use this for and it is so easy to use even for a beginner like me. I would definitely recommend this if your looking for something that is durable and doesnt have a lot of weight to it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Makes baking a delight for the whole family!

from Elko, Nevada

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
    • Even Mixing

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I got this for Christmas from my husband, and me and my daughter have not stopped baking with it yet. I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid, so when I got it, I put it right to use. The best part about this to me is how easy it is to put together, take apart, clean, and reassemble everything. The hooks or wisks that you use on it come out with an easy push in of the button and a twist, and they are so easy to wash. Since everything is dishwasher safe, it makes it easy to throw it all in there when you are done. I used to only use a hand mixer, but with this things happen so fast and it makes it so easily. I love that it has so many different speeds on it, but I definitely would not recommend starting out on speed 10, take it nice and slow to mix things first and then speed up as you need to. This has cut our baking time in half, so now we can make so many more things. They cost around $200 (depending on sales) so they aren't super cheap, but they last a long time and are so worth spending the money on!

I would like to bring Kitchen Aid to my Sister

from kidous Algeria

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I've been wanting this for so long and this past year, my mother bought this for me for my birthday and boy was I surprised to receive this!!! It was love at first sight!! :). Ever since purchasing, I have made cakes, cookies, and all sorts of yummy deliciousness. Can't wait to actually make homemade bread.
      Allows clear access to the bowl and attached beater or accessory, so you can easily add ingredients for a recipe. Locking the head into place during operation keeps the beater-to-bowl contact close and efficient.
      Powerful enough for nearly any task or recipe, whether you're stirring wet and dry ingredients together, kneading bread dough or whipping cream.
      Everything you need for recipes with a coated flat beater, coated dough hook and 6-wire whip. The flat beater and dough hook are dishwasher-safe.

Kitchenaid mixer

from Browder Ky

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Difficult to Store
      • Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

Love my kitchen aid mixer one of the best products I have ever bought.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

best product in my kitchen

from Taylors sc

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
      • Even Mixing
      • Heavy Duty
      • Works Quietly

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I love mine!! its so easy to use comes in handy in my kitchen anytime! save me using a hand mixer which hurts my arthritis. love using it every time i cook just about

I LOVE IT

from orlando, fl

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Capacity
        • Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

i dont know why i waited so long to get this. i know its a little pricey but it is well worth it. i make anything and everything in it

Great Mixer

from Provo, UT

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Heavy Duty
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Store

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I have loved owning this mixer! I wanted one for awhile and finally forked out the money to buy one. I was so happy with my purchase. I do wish I had gone with the 5 quart and that the mouth of the bowl was wider as I find it difficult to pour ingredients into the bowl, even with the plastic cover over it. But putting that aside, the power of this machine is great! It mixes evenly and the attachments are easy to change and clean. I would recommend this mixer, or even suggest the 5qt to other consumers.

Best and good Mixer out now

from RIYADH/SAUDI ARABIA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
        • Works Quietly

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

IF I WERE YOUR PLACE I WILL not think twice because this mixer is for everyone. believe me when I tell you that . but the only problem that The mixer is heavy, so i keep it on top of the counter all of the time but I don't think that is problem because heavy that makes it sturdy, quiet, and performing well even with the thickest batters I haven't had mine much longer than a year, but so far have had no issues with it.
        so far so good I really recommend this
        I hope you like my review

KitchenAid is a LifeSaver in the Kitchen

from Lafayette, LA

Pros

Cons

• Small

Comments about KitchenAid Classic 4.5-Quart Stand Mixer:

I purchased this KitchenAid after using my mom's for years. I bake often, so a KitchenAid mixer was always a must for me. This mixer is a bit small for what I was looking for. Next time I would buy the larger size. For the average baker I would think this size is fine. The mixer mixes batter and dough evenly. I love the attachments that come with the mixer. The scraper makes sure you get all the batter off the sides of the mixing bowl....very handy! The mixer is heavy duty and has great power. I normally use the low to medium settings, but I have had to use on high. High power works great! I have not had any problems with my mixer, and I have had it for a couple years now. This mixer is definitely built to last for years. It is worth the investment if you love to bake. Cleaning the mixer is not that difficult if you clean up as you go.