1,098 reviews
Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,098 Reviews

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (52)
  • Multiple settings (43)
  • Durable (37)
  • Stylish (33)
  • Fast (30)

Cons

• Hard to clean (12)
  • Noisy (7)
  • Pricey / poor value (5)
  • Coffee doesn't stay hot (4)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)

• Everyday (48)
  • Home (34)
  • Short trips / weekends (22)
  • Office (21)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (39), Coffee aficionado (12), Casual drinker (5)
    • I received a sample (64), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (10)

Keurig Special Edition makes me love Keurig even more.

I got my first Keurig coffee maker, the basic mini model, about 18 months ago and absolutely loved it. Until I accidentally killed it last week when I burned out the motor by inserting a dented K-cup (long story). I was bummed that I killed my favorite kitchen appliance, but a secretly a bit excited as I had been thinking about upgrading to the **Keurig Special Edition Brewing System.**

So after clearing away my old Keurig, I picked up the Keurig Special Edition Brewing System at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and brought it home. I would have liked to get it in red like my old system, but all they had was the black model and I had to have it that day so I settled on the black one.

**I'm so happy with this new brewing system! ** I love that it has a water reservoir on the side that holds enough water for several cups of coffee. It's also way quieter than my old Keurig. It takes up a bit more counter space than the old mini, but since I don't have to move it around as much to insert the K-cup and pour the water in, it just sits in the same place on the counter at all times so the larger size does not bother me.

Two other features I love are the fact that I can use a larger cup or mug and choose how many ounces of coffee I want. The mini would only work with standard size coffee mugs so if I wanted to use a bigger mug or a travel mug I had to brew the coffee in a smaller mug and pour it into the bigger mug. This is not an issue with the Special Edition.

I can also choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee with the touch of a button.

Convenient & practical but every brewed cup tastes like plastic

We bought the Keurig B-60 coffee maker, followed the directions in setting it up, washed the water reservoir thoroughly, yet no matter what type of cup is brewed (cocoa, coffee, tea) every cup has the taste of plastic.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have  any suggestions in getting rid of the plastic taste.  Other than this, I love the concept of the coffee maker, it's convenient, practical, and easy to use plus it offers 200 varieties to brew.  I especially like the fact that it takes less than 60 seconds to brew each cup of coffee.  Because we were able to buy it on sale at a great price, we also bought one for our son who is heading off to college soon and will be living in the dorms.  He couldn't wait for move in day, he set it up as soon as we brought it home.   He loves the ease of use and it's practicality.  If each brewed cup did not taste like plastic I would have given it five stars.

One cup at a time

from Middle river Md

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Small Pot

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

The Keurig is a wonderful idea but I think brewed coffee has a better taste and I can make 6 to 8 cups at a time.There are three coffee drinkers in the household I find it easier to make a large pot.I use keurig when company comes over and only need a cup or two at a time. Also the K cups get a little costly when you use 9 a day

I loved my Keurig!

from Columbus, OH

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I used this product until it died. Literally. I love that you can use your own filters and coffee. Everyone can drink what they want, you can make cocoa or soup. It's fabulous.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

current standard

from alaska

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot
  • Hard To Clean
  • Loud
  • Small Pot

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

use one at work have one at home, seems to work better in the office setting where people can brew their own preferred roast without a lot going to waste. for at home making a whole pot seems faster and more efficient.

Best coffee maker I've owned

from Overland Park, KS

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I drink two cups of coffee every morning and I'm always in a hurry. This makes brewing quick and easy with no mess of a regular coffee maker. The only downside is the K-cups are expensive, but a lot less than going to Starbucks!

Would definitely use again and again

from San Marcos tx

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Easy to use! Just put the kcup in and it makes coffee super fast

Absolutely love my Keurig

from Thibodaux, LA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I drink coffee daily, and I mean multiple times throughout the day. If this pot ever stops working, I will definitely purchase another. I love that you can brew one cup rather it's a small, medium or large cup. Perfect!

Can't live without it!

from Ms

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Loud

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I absolutely love my keurig and couldn't imagine morning without it! My daughter loves to make cocoa in it too! Super quick and easy!

Instant Coffee Must-HAVE!

from Big Bear City, Ca

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot
    • Small Pot

• ON THE GO

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This is my Go-to Coffee Maker. I am the only coffee drinker in my house so the single cup pour for the Keurig is maddatory in my houseghold. Wasting coffee is not an option here (:

Would maybe buy again

from Pa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This is a nice brewer for a quick cup of coffee but my controls stopped working right I have to sometimes brew twice to get a cup of coffee.

Cafe Machine

from Alger

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings

Is amazing cafe ☕