1,076 reviews
Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,076 Reviews

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (32)
  • Fast (30)
  • Multiple settings (24)
  • Durable (22)
  • Accommodates all cup sizes (20)

Cons

• Hard to clean (7)
  • Noisy (7)
  • Pricey / poor value (5)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)

• Everyday (29)
  • Home (22)
  • Office (13)
  • Short trips / weekends (12)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (23), Coffee aficionado (7), Casual drinker (4)
    • I received a sample (61), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

Keurig Special Edition makes me love Keurig even more.

I got my first Keurig coffee maker, the basic mini model, about 18 months ago and absolutely loved it. Until I accidentally killed it last week when I burned out the motor by inserting a dented K-cup (long story). I was bummed that I killed my favorite kitchen appliance, but a secretly a bit excited as I had been thinking about upgrading to the **Keurig Special Edition Brewing System.**

So after clearing away my old Keurig, I picked up the Keurig Special Edition Brewing System at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and brought it home. I would have liked to get it in red like my old system, but all they had was the black model and I had to have it that day so I settled on the black one.

**I'm so happy with this new brewing system! ** I love that it has a water reservoir on the side that holds enough water for several cups of coffee. It's also way quieter than my old Keurig. It takes up a bit more counter space than the old mini, but since I don't have to move it around as much to insert the K-cup and pour the water in, it just sits in the same place on the counter at all times so the larger size does not bother me.

Two other features I love are the fact that I can use a larger cup or mug and choose how many ounces of coffee I want. The mini would only work with standard size coffee mugs so if I wanted to use a bigger mug or a travel mug I had to brew the coffee in a smaller mug and pour it into the bigger mug. This is not an issue with the Special Edition.

I can also choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee with the touch of a button.

Convenient & practical but every brewed cup tastes like plastic

We bought the Keurig B-60 coffee maker, followed the directions in setting it up, washed the water reservoir thoroughly, yet no matter what type of cup is brewed (cocoa, coffee, tea) every cup has the taste of plastic.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have  any suggestions in getting rid of the plastic taste.  Other than this, I love the concept of the coffee maker, it's convenient, practical, and easy to use plus it offers 200 varieties to brew.  I especially like the fact that it takes less than 60 seconds to brew each cup of coffee.  Because we were able to buy it on sale at a great price, we also bought one for our son who is heading off to college soon and will be living in the dorms.  He couldn't wait for move in day, he set it up as soon as we brought it home.   He loves the ease of use and it's practicality.  If each brewed cup did not taste like plastic I would have given it five stars.

quick and easy

from Riyadh, SA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Use

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This coffee maker is excellent for the individual. I'm addicted to drinking coffee. Personally, I love this machine very much because it is very quick, small and practical in my office. So I highly recommend it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

makes coffee simple

from dallas, texas

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

• Weekends

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love this product, the only problem I have with this is the tank always holds water. There is no way to empty all the water and clean it out.

Coffee lover's this is a winner

from high point,nc

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Durable
    • easy to clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Multiple Settings

Cons

• best appliances in my kitchen

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This coffee maker is one 24/7 in my home. Both me and my husband are coffee drinkers. We love the keurig - So easy to use great coffee maker and the price was excellent.

Perfect cup every time

from Katy Tx

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love my coffee maker,is very easy to prepare my coffee every morning I only have to put a pod and push a button And i have hot coffee in a short time is very easy to clean,I just have to put water a least every 2 days

Love my Keurig

from NC

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Fast

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Very easy to use, fast and easy clean up! My kids even use our keurig

Excellent Coffee Maker!

from Virginia

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
          • Durable
          • Easy To Use
          • Fast
          • Multiple Settings
          • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I decided to see what all the fuss was about when it came to the popularity of the Keurig Coffee Maker, the Keurig Special Edition was on sale and I love the selection of cup sizes I am able to brew with this appliance. The machine was simple to set up, and the reservoir on the side is nice so that I'm able to brew coffee faster. The temp gets rather hot, I'm able to lower the temperature if I need to. This Coffee Maker is super fast, and easy to clean up. It has some size to it, but the modern design looks great in my kitchen

Very excellent I would recommend everyone to have it

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
            • Fast
            • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Pricey / Poor Value

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This machine is great because it saved me the cost of buying a cup of Starbucks so it is fast, tasty, wonderful and cheap I recommend everyone to buy it and also approach the taste of Starbucks so it is wonderful

Love my Keurig!

from Robstown, TX

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
            • Easy To Use
            • Fast

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I use my Keurig many times throughout the day. I use it to make coffee, hot water for tea or cocoa. My spouse and I enjoy different types of coffee. I love strong robust flavors, him not so much! This gives us the opportunity to each have the coffee we enjoy mos without having to make different pots each time, as we have had to in the past. The only bad thing, asI have been informed by other Keurig owners, is that my machine is very loud compared to theirs.

I use my keurig daily

from Otsego Mi

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Durable
            • Easy To Use
            • Fast
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Cup Sizes

• Weekends

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I got my Keurig last year and loved it. I have used my Keurig every day since I got it. I have the one with the carafe. I love that I can buy my favorite bag of coffee or use the single serving sizes. I make ice tea and oatmeal and the kids make instant noodles with it.
            The only down fall is the hot water only dispenses 6oz at a time. The cup sizes are limited but it does well with a typical 8 or 10 oz coffee mug. The only issue is the carafe refills are too expensive.
            I want to review coffee samples and products so I reviewed my favorite coffee maker that I use daily.
            I paid for it in full price and I have saved a lot of money instead of going to the coffee shop daily or weekly

Love this coffee maker

from Dallas, TX

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
            • Easy To Use
            • Fast
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
            • Noisy

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love the convienence of this coffee maker. It's better than the first keurig I owned which must have been the original model. This one is great. Once a month run white vinegar through it to clean it.