1,065 reviews
Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,065 Reviews

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (22)
  • Fast (21)
  • Multiple settings (16)
  • Durable (15)
  • Accommodates all cup sizes (13)

Cons

• Hard to clean (5)
  • Noisy (5)
  • Pricey / poor value (3)

• Everyday (19)
  • Home (14)
  • Short trips / weekends (9)
  • Office (8)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (17), Casual drinker (3), Coffee aficionado (3)

Keurig Special Edition makes me love Keurig even more.

I got my first Keurig coffee maker, the basic mini model, about 18 months ago and absolutely loved it. Until I accidentally killed it last week when I burned out the motor by inserting a dented K-cup (long story). I was bummed that I killed my favorite kitchen appliance, but a secretly a bit excited as I had been thinking about upgrading to the **Keurig Special Edition Brewing System.**

So after clearing away my old Keurig, I picked up the Keurig Special Edition Brewing System at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and brought it home. I would have liked to get it in red like my old system, but all they had was the black model and I had to have it that day so I settled on the black one.

**I'm so happy with this new brewing system! ** I love that it has a water reservoir on the side that holds enough water for several cups of coffee. It's also way quieter than my old Keurig. It takes up a bit more counter space than the old mini, but since I don't have to move it around as much to insert the K-cup and pour the water in, it just sits in the same place on the counter at all times so the larger size does not bother me.

Two other features I love are the fact that I can use a larger cup or mug and choose how many ounces of coffee I want. The mini would only work with standard size coffee mugs so if I wanted to use a bigger mug or a travel mug I had to brew the coffee in a smaller mug and pour it into the bigger mug. This is not an issue with the Special Edition.

I can also choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee with the touch of a button.

Convenient & practical but every brewed cup tastes like plastic

We bought the Keurig B-60 coffee maker, followed the directions in setting it up, washed the water reservoir thoroughly, yet no matter what type of cup is brewed (cocoa, coffee, tea) every cup has the taste of plastic.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have  any suggestions in getting rid of the plastic taste.  Other than this, I love the concept of the coffee maker, it's convenient, practical, and easy to use plus it offers 200 varieties to brew.  I especially like the fact that it takes less than 60 seconds to brew each cup of coffee.  Because we were able to buy it on sale at a great price, we also bought one for our son who is heading off to college soon and will be living in the dorms.  He couldn't wait for move in day, he set it up as soon as we brought it home.   He loves the ease of use and it's practicality.  If each brewed cup did not taste like plastic I would have given it five stars.

wonderful

from Edina, MN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

The Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System has been so much fun to use. I love that it gives you a fresh cup of tea or coffee so quickly. My whole family has enjoyed it including my kids. The design is simple and elegant as always and easy to use. I love how each Keurig has a bit of variety in their design. I love the options of being able to choose different size coffee/tea cups. We have bought a variety of coffees and teas to use with the Keurig and are very satisfied. We would definitely recommend the Keurig special edition to anyone who is a tea or coffee lover. You can find it just about anywhere and it comes at an affordable price and is on sale occasionally as well. You will be really happy with this buy.

I would buy this product again

from Phil Campbell, AL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I am an avid coffee drinker and when the Keurig came out I was so excited. I love the fact that it only makes a cup at a time, for me if I want to change coffee flavors I can without wasting a whole pot of coffee. The only thing I dislike is it takes it a few minutes to get ready to brew and in the mornings time is limited.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great product

from Tulsa Oklahoma

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Fast and easy to use

Definitely recommend

from Denham springs, La

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I use my Keurig just about every day. I have almost any and every flavor coffee pods.. No lists chose from! I love everything about my kuerig but I would say it is a little hard to clean. Everything else about the Kuerig is a plus for me. My children love drinking hot cocoa in the mornings after I finish my cup of coffee. I would definitely recommend this product because it's a great thing to have.

Easy, nice coffee maker

from Richmond VA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Fast
        • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I got to use this coffee maker for a couple of weeks and I absolutely loved it! I drink coffee every single day, usually at least two cups, so it is always nice to have it on hand easily. Making a full pot is sometimes a waste though, since I am the only one in my household who drinks it, so a single-cup coffee maker seemed ideal. Especially since you can make other things in it, like tea or hot chocolate. I found it very easy to use and the settings simple to change if necessary, and I like how quickly it brewed my drinks. It also doesn't take up too much counter space, which is really nice for anyone who has limited space in their kitchen. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs an easy way to brew a hot drink quickly!

Worth the Money!

from Sacramento, CA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
          • Durable
          • Easy to Cleam
          • Easy To Use
          • Fast
          • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I really REALLY like this Keurig. I thought that it was going to be difficult to set up and clean, but it is not! VERY surprised.I like the color of it with the silver buttons/icons. I have had this product for a little over 2 years and wouldn't trade it from a conventional coffee maker.

Can't live without it!

from Colorado Springs, Colorado

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
            • Durable
            • Easy To Use
            • Fast
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I've had every model prior to this one and I must say, this one has yet to break on me! I know that sounds bad, BUT the company is amazing and honors all warrenties so I keep coming back. It's easy to use, makes the best coffee as far as making it at home goes. Cleaning is easy, it says when the filter needs to be changed with is a nice feature that I've taken a liking to.

Great buy

from Baltimore Maryland

Pros

Cons

• Complicated

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Great buy love my keurig. The customer service is outstanding.

On the go?

from Rock Tavern, NY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
                  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This is a great coffeemaker. I am a 3 kid, full time working mom and wife. I need something that works well between tooth brushing, breakfast, and shoving everyone into the car in the morning. This machine is reliable, fast, and produces a tasty cup of coffee. It looks nice on the counter top. It is sleek and modern looking. The biggest pluses for me are the speed and taste. I don't have time to wait for an entire pot in the morning, and half of it would go to waste anyway! The only downfall is that the cleaning process can be a bit time consuming. We live in an area with hard water, so I find that I need to descale the machine at least once a month. While not difficult to do, it involves running multiple cups of hot water and vinegar through the machine. I could live with out the 20 minute cleaning process. However, I can't live without the coffee, so I guess it is worth it!

For the Everyday Non-pot drinkers

from Seattle, WA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
                  • Easy To Use
                  • Fast
                  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

We love our coffee everyday but are not full pot drinkers. The Keurig is the great solution. We also purchased the reusable cups to help save on the cost of the K-Cups and be more environmentally friendly. The only complaint we have is that make sure you clean the reservoir regularly. We found that it grows mold easily. Other than that we are happy with the Keurig. We love that you can chose the size of the cup and it brews great!