1,081 reviews
Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,081 Reviews

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (36)
  • Fast (30)
  • Durable (27)
  • Multiple settings (27)
  • Stylish (22)

Cons

• Hard to clean (8)
  • Noisy (7)
  • Pricey / poor value (5)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)

• Everyday (33)
  • Home (25)
  • Office (14)
  • Short trips / weekends (14)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (26), Coffee aficionado (9), Casual drinker (4)
    • I received a sample (63), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

Keurig Special Edition makes me love Keurig even more.

I got my first Keurig coffee maker, the basic mini model, about 18 months ago and absolutely loved it. Until I accidentally killed it last week when I burned out the motor by inserting a dented K-cup (long story). I was bummed that I killed my favorite kitchen appliance, but a secretly a bit excited as I had been thinking about upgrading to the **Keurig Special Edition Brewing System.**

So after clearing away my old Keurig, I picked up the Keurig Special Edition Brewing System at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and brought it home. I would have liked to get it in red like my old system, but all they had was the black model and I had to have it that day so I settled on the black one.

**I'm so happy with this new brewing system! ** I love that it has a water reservoir on the side that holds enough water for several cups of coffee. It's also way quieter than my old Keurig. It takes up a bit more counter space than the old mini, but since I don't have to move it around as much to insert the K-cup and pour the water in, it just sits in the same place on the counter at all times so the larger size does not bother me.

Two other features I love are the fact that I can use a larger cup or mug and choose how many ounces of coffee I want. The mini would only work with standard size coffee mugs so if I wanted to use a bigger mug or a travel mug I had to brew the coffee in a smaller mug and pour it into the bigger mug. This is not an issue with the Special Edition.

I can also choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee with the touch of a button.

Convenient & practical but every brewed cup tastes like plastic

We bought the Keurig B-60 coffee maker, followed the directions in setting it up, washed the water reservoir thoroughly, yet no matter what type of cup is brewed (cocoa, coffee, tea) every cup has the taste of plastic.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have  any suggestions in getting rid of the plastic taste.  Other than this, I love the concept of the coffee maker, it's convenient, practical, and easy to use plus it offers 200 varieties to brew.  I especially like the fact that it takes less than 60 seconds to brew each cup of coffee.  Because we were able to buy it on sale at a great price, we also bought one for our son who is heading off to college soon and will be living in the dorms.  He couldn't wait for move in day, he set it up as soon as we brought it home.   He loves the ease of use and it's practicality.  If each brewed cup did not taste like plastic I would have given it five stars.

Hands down my favorite appliance!

from Washington

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

When I was living at home my mom got one from my grandma as a present and I was just starting to get into hot coffee/black coffee. I was already using it for hot chocolate which I was loving. Once I started using it for coffee I was hooked. After I got married/moved in with my husband he gave in and bought one for me as a birthday present which I was so excited about. He just thought it was a big fancy coffee maker but quickly came to realize it was way more then that. It's something that I will always recommend to people. I can't live without it especially as a mom.

Great brewing option for singles or families

from Hesperia, CA.

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I saw my first Keurig in action at my brother's house during a visit to Indiana last summer. His whole family drinks coffee and likes different kinds, so the Keurig was a great option to let everyone have the cup of coffee they want. The collection of kcups they had only offered a few decaf options and, due to health reasons, I am ONLY able to drink decaf, but luckily for me the decaf they did have was Timothy's Decaf Colombian. WOW. What a great cuppa joe...esp. for decaf!

I wasn't much of a coffee drinker at the time...partly because I hated having to go through the whole coffee measuring/paper filter/water pouring/brewing process in a regular coffeemaker for ONE cup of coffee, which is all I generally want. Over the past year, though, I began enjoying a cup of decaf coffee at a neighbor's house on a fairly regular basis and realized that I would drink coffee more often if I could just make one cup and do so quickly.

One year after I had my first cup of Keurig coffee in Indiana, I bought my own Keurig. I got the B60 because I loved the option of various-size mugs and especially the large water tank so that you didn't have to pour water in with every use. Despite the fact that we're going through a horrific heat wave, I have really enjoyed having coffee in my Keurig. So far, I have only tried two kinds of decaf--Timothy's Colombian and Caribou Coffee, which I tried at my friend's house. I look forward to trying more varieties!

My Keurig arrived with a heavy folder including a fantastic quick setup guide, an owner's manual and some information on ordering more K-Cups.

I would buy this again and again

from Tampa FL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

30 seconds and my morning coffee is ready and I'm off to work. Quick and easy and you can have any flavor of coffee you purchase. There are hundreds of choices and this is the easiest coffee maker to use. Sleek design and fits into any kitchen . Can't live without

This product is wonderful and very informative

from Egypt

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Large Pot

Cons

• Loud

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This product is very wonderful and will help me a lot in many things will comfort me and saves on the time that it is special I really liked it because it will help me a lot of things and provides for cleaning and will prepare a beautiful coffee and very tasty I hope to get one like in those days and because of good products and necessary Now in our lives and can not be dispensed without doubt that many people can buy it so the preparation and drinking of coffee things that are indispensable at the beginning of the day it has become routine for many people and will not find better than that machine to prepare coffee so I would like to thank you all for this ridiculous The Aia who Bzltamoh in the preparation of this topic to make us servo coffee and very delicious start to a beautiful day and refreshing East thanks to you and thank you

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Who doesnt love a keurig

from pa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

my Keurig is always in use. my husband drunks coffee threw out the whole day and I drink hot tea all day long. we have had it for a while now and never had a problem with it. its nice to have instead of always wasting coffee or water. it works so well my mom got one for her boyfriend.

quick and easy

from Riyadh, SA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Easy To Use

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This coffee maker is excellent for the individual. I'm addicted to drinking coffee. Personally, I love this machine very much because it is very quick, small and practical in my office. So I highly recommend it.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

makes coffee simple

from dallas, texas

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Durable
            • Easy To Use
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love this product, the only problem I have with this is the tank always holds water. There is no way to empty all the water and clean it out.

Coffee lover's this is a winner

from high point nc

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
            • Durable
            • easy to clean
            • Easy To Use
            • Fast
            • Multiple Settings

Cons

• best appliances in my kitchen

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This coffee maker is one 24/7 in my home. Both me and my husband are coffee drinkers. We love the keurig - So easy to use great coffee maker and the price was excellent.

Perfect cup every time

from Katy Tx

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
              • Durable
              • Easy To Use
              • Fast
              • Multiple Settings
              • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I love my coffee maker,is very easy to prepare my coffee every morning I only have to put a pod and push a button And i have hot coffee in a short time is very easy to clean,I just have to put water a least every 2 days

Love my Keurig

from NC

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
                • Easy To Use
                • Fast

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

Very easy to use, fast and easy clean up! My kids even use our keurig