1,089 reviews
Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System
Rca_2013_overall

Read 1,089 Reviews

Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (43)
  • Multiple settings (34)
  • Durable (31)
  • Fast (30)
  • Stylish (26)

Cons

• Hard to clean (9)
  • Noisy (7)
  • Pricey / poor value (5)
  • Limited cup sizes (4)

• Everyday (41)
  • Home (28)
  • Short trips / weekends (17)
  • Office (16)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (31), Coffee aficionado (11), Casual drinker (5)
    • I received a sample (64), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (9)

Keurig Special Edition makes me love Keurig even more.

I got my first Keurig coffee maker, the basic mini model, about 18 months ago and absolutely loved it. Until I accidentally killed it last week when I burned out the motor by inserting a dented K-cup (long story). I was bummed that I killed my favorite kitchen appliance, but a secretly a bit excited as I had been thinking about upgrading to the **Keurig Special Edition Brewing System.**

So after clearing away my old Keurig, I picked up the Keurig Special Edition Brewing System at my local Bed, Bath, and Beyond and brought it home. I would have liked to get it in red like my old system, but all they had was the black model and I had to have it that day so I settled on the black one.

**I'm so happy with this new brewing system! ** I love that it has a water reservoir on the side that holds enough water for several cups of coffee. It's also way quieter than my old Keurig. It takes up a bit more counter space than the old mini, but since I don't have to move it around as much to insert the K-cup and pour the water in, it just sits in the same place on the counter at all times so the larger size does not bother me.

Two other features I love are the fact that I can use a larger cup or mug and choose how many ounces of coffee I want. The mini would only work with standard size coffee mugs so if I wanted to use a bigger mug or a travel mug I had to brew the coffee in a smaller mug and pour it into the bigger mug. This is not an issue with the Special Edition.

I can also choose from 6, 8, or 10 ounces of coffee with the touch of a button.

Convenient & practical but every brewed cup tastes like plastic

We bought the Keurig B-60 coffee maker, followed the directions in setting it up, washed the water reservoir thoroughly, yet no matter what type of cup is brewed (cocoa, coffee, tea) every cup has the taste of plastic.  Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone have  any suggestions in getting rid of the plastic taste.  Other than this, I love the concept of the coffee maker, it's convenient, practical, and easy to use plus it offers 200 varieties to brew.  I especially like the fact that it takes less than 60 seconds to brew each cup of coffee.  Because we were able to buy it on sale at a great price, we also bought one for our son who is heading off to college soon and will be living in the dorms.  He couldn't wait for move in day, he set it up as soon as we brought it home.   He loves the ease of use and it's practicality.  If each brewed cup did not taste like plastic I would have given it five stars.

Cafe Machine

from Alger

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Is amazing cafe ☕

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best coffee maker I've ever had

from Scranton,pa

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I am an avid coffee lover and I typically spent $30 weekly at a nearby coffee shop (without food) because the coffee maker I had was not working well. I came across this from many others word of mouth so I decided to try it out and I am so happy with this machine! I was super spoiled on a particular brand of coffee and even when I would buy that brands k-pods for my old maker it did not taste the same. This machine makes my coffee taste incredible! It is expensive however it pays for itself within a few weeks time . I highly recommend!

perfect for me

from deltona, Fl.

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot
      • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I so love this machine, it is easy to use and change settings with the push of a button and a bunch of different settings to use. i like the different cup size option and heat settings. super big water reserve tank is awesome so i dont have to keep refilling up. the machione itself looks nice and looks great on my counter.

6 years strong

from Michigan

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Large Pot
        • Multiple Settings

• Office

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This Keurig coffee machine has made life in my home so much simpler and mornings so much faster! I received this product as a Christmas gift about 6 years ago and I've been a fan ever since. With my coffee ready in less than a minute and the many k cups to choose from everything is a breeze. I love that I can also use the reusable cups so that I can purchase my favorite coffee brands. The children loves that I can make their hot coco without the extra mess and they can have something hot to drink on the way out the door on cold mornings. After 6 years of owning this product, it's still going strong, has never went out once, and I'm glad I've been able to have it around for so long!

nice the product

from algeria

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable

Cons

• Coffee Doesn't Stay Hot
          • Long Brew Time

than kuoi

First Keurig

from PA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Easy To Use
          • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

This was my first Keurig maker and I loved it. I got a newer model last Christmas. The only problem I had was it wouldnt brew,but I found the button to reset it and it worked just fine after.

Single cup Coffee

from Oswego NY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Easy To Use
            • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean
            • Uneven cups for the smaller servings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I have had mine for over 5 years! I absolutely love it, and use it everyday. It's getting old and needs to be replaced but still works. There are two things hard to clean and the smallest serving size cups tend to be uneven at times.

i like

from egypt

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Durable
            • Easy To Clean
            • Easy To Use
            • Large Pot
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Cons

• Loud

• Office

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Hands down my favorite appliance!

from Washington

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Durable
            • Easy To Clean
            • Easy To Use
            • Multiple Settings
            • Stylish

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

When I was living at home my mom got one from my grandma as a present and I was just starting to get into hot coffee/black coffee. I was already using it for hot chocolate which I was loving. Once I started using it for coffee I was hooked. After I got married/moved in with my husband he gave in and bought one for me as a birthday present which I was so excited about. He just thought it was a big fancy coffee maker but quickly came to realize it was way more then that. It's something that I will always recommend to people. I can't live without it especially as a mom.

Great brewing option for singles or families

from Andrea1969

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
              • Durable
              • Easy To Clean
              • Easy To Use
              • Large Pot
              • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewing System:

I saw my first Keurig in action at my brother's house during a visit to Indiana last summer. His whole family drinks coffee and likes different kinds, so the Keurig was a great option to let everyone have the cup of coffee they want. The collection of kcups they had only offered a few decaf options and, due to health reasons, I am ONLY able to drink decaf, but luckily for me the decaf they did have was Timothy's Decaf Colombian. WOW. What a great cuppa joe...esp. for decaf!

I wasn't much of a coffee drinker at the time...partly because I hated having to go through the whole coffee measuring/paper filter/water pouring/brewing process in a regular coffeemaker for ONE cup of coffee, which is all I generally want. Over the past year, though, I began enjoying a cup of decaf coffee at a neighbor's house on a fairly regular basis and realized that I would drink coffee more often if I could just make one cup and do so quickly.

One year after I had my first cup of Keurig coffee in Indiana, I bought my own Keurig. I got the B60 because I loved the option of various-size mugs and especially the large water tank so that you didn't have to pour water in with every use. Despite the fact that we're going through a horrific heat wave, I have really enjoyed having coffee in my Keurig. So far, I have only tried two kinds of decaf--Timothy's Colombian and Caribou Coffee, which I tried at my friend's house. I look forward to trying more varieties!

My Keurig arrived with a heavy folder including a fantastic quick setup guide, an owner's manual and some information on ordering more K-Cups.