Other Coffee Makers:
Keurig
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
Rca_2013_normal

Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (68)
  • Durable (46)
  • Multiple settings (46)
  • Stylish (36)
  • Fast (33)

Cons

• Hard to clean (19)
  • Noisy (8)
  • Loud (6)
  • Small pot (5)
  • Pricey / poor value (3)

• Everyday (65)
  • Home (49)
  • Office (32)
  • Short trips / weekends (32)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (49), Coffee aficionado (13), Casual drinker (7)
    • I received a sample (35), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

I love my Keurig K45

After owning a regular coffee maker for years and wasting more coffee than i care to talk about, I broke down and purchased this machine for my husband. This machine is impressive. I thought we might be sacrificing flavor for convenience but I was wrong. I have now gotten to taste coffees I would never had experienced if I had to buy an entire canister. The variety of coffees alone make this machine worth every penny and we no longer waste coffee. I have even found beverages for my kids to enjoy, my daughter loves the brew over ice lemonade. The best thing I can say about this is how much money in the long run we have saved. There are no longer half pots of coffee being dumped out. My husband and I can now have whatever flavor of coffee we wish and it still be nice and hot. Options are truly endless with one of these machines.

Brew Performance
Coffee lovers rejoice, there is so much freedom to be had in your morning coffee now.

This machine is very easy to use even my 11 and 12 year old use it for juices in the morning.

Very sturdy and looks great on the counter.

Holds up great mine i have had for about a year and it looks like it just came out of the box.

Works well, but produces a lot of waste

I am a coffee fan for sure, but I don't like to drink coffee from a traditional drip-style coffee maker. I usually use a metal Italian coffee pot that you heat on the stove and that makes the best, strongest coffee around. When I can't use that (because of time restraints in the morning), I use the Keurig at work instead. I must say that I don't like the flavor of the coffee as much from the Keurig versus my Italian coffee pot, but it still tastes pretty good. It is super easy to use, almost foolproof with no instructions needed. I even use it to heat water for tea bags because it has the heated water reservoir that is so quick and ready to go anytime. My only criticism, well, I guess I have two criticisms of this product. The first one is the waste that is created from all the little plastic cups and the foil on top. The plastic is not labeled for recycling and you would have to clean it out first anyway. Secondly, the K-cups are NOT cheap, not by a long shot. They are so darn expensive! Even on sale. I haven't done this yet, but I think it's more economical and environmentally responsible to buy a reusable filter and use your own coffee that is freshly ground. All in all, this is an ok product, ingenious, really, but such a wasteful product, too. I have a hard time justifying the use of it.

Love it!!

from Elko, Nevada

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Prefect for having different coffee flavors everyday or several times per day. Great choices in tea for those who don't like coffee as much as others. Also hot chocolate for the children for those cold winter days. Awesome product!!

Great coffee maker

from West Deptford Nj

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

My husband got me this for Christmas a few years ago. Since I am the only one in the house that drinks coffee I really wanted one. I loved the fact you can brew a fresh cup every time you make coffee. There are a ton of flavor coffee and brands to pick from.

I love my Keurig

from Syracuse NY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Small Pot

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I will never live without my Keurig again. Got one for Xmas 2017, use it daily. easiest piece of equipment I own! easy to clean up. for my the only downside is not TALL enough for my cup. however i just pour from one cup to my big cup.

Best coffee pot even for non coffee drinkers

from Freeport, Texas

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Use
      • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

We bought this Keurig because we were just wasting coffee using a traditional coffee brewer. Wish I had bought one of these sooner! I'm good with just one cup of coffee a day but I was never really was good at making coffee. I either made it too strong or too weak. Using a keurig I don't have that problem. Popping a pod in is so simple, coffee is perfect every time. I also love all the other drinks you can make with it like teas, hot chocolates, even soups.

COFFEEEEE DREAMMM

from LORTON, VA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Stylish

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

SO CONVENIENT, IM ALWAYS RUSHING AND I CAN PLACE MY CUP AND POP IN THE COFFEE I WANT AND WHEN I COME DOWN COFFEE IS READY TO GO. YOU DONT HAVE TO BREW A WHOLE POT SO ITS PERFECT FOR SINGLES.

I use this every single day!

from York, PA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I use this everyday for coffee and sometimes for tea also! So easy to use and convenient

I do love my Keurig...I really do!

from Phoenix, AZ

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Durable
            • Easy To Use

Cons

• Hard To Clean
            • Limited Features
            • Small Pot

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I do love my Keurig...I really do! I love that the water gets hot fast. I love that you can get just hot water out of it. I love a lot of those flavors of coffee that Keurig sells. That being said, I don't love the fact that it is hard to clean and the one time I left water sitting in it, it ended up smelling like a stinky kitchen rag that sat overnight. I also don't too much care for the fact that even though it gives the two sizes of cup that you can brew, they never actually fill a cup that size. I have gotten the reusable filter, so I have no complaints as far as waste, recycling, etc. I will say though, when I feel like having one of the coffee flavors that Keurig does put out, I have no qualms about grabbing one and making a great cup of coffee. Overall, I really do love my Keurig!

Keurig

from Kentucky

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
            • Durable
            • Easy To Clean
            • Easy To Use
            • Multiple Settings
            • Quiet

• All the time

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Absolutely love my keurig and will never buy another brand or type of coffee maker

Happy morning!

from Willdee90

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
              • Durable
              • Easy To Clean
              • Easy To Use
              • Large Pot
              • Multiple Settings

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Not sure how I ever got by without a keurig but now I know I never want to go back to a traditional coffee pot!

Great one cup coffee maker

from Brandon, FL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
                • Durable
                • Easy To Use
                • Multiple Settings
                • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I love my Kerrigan. I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee. With my old coffee maker, I'd go days without because I didn't want to brew more than a cup at a time. My Kuerig was a blessing. I didn't give it 5 stars because it's a bit difficult to clean, and I'm now having issues with it brewing as quickly as it used to. Hopefully running a cycle of vinegar will help this.