Other Coffee Makers:
Keurig
Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System
Rca_2013_normal

Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System

Pros

• Easy to use (30)
  • Fast (28)
  • Accommodates all cup sizes (21)
  • Durable (20)
  • Multiple settings (20)

Cons

• Hard to clean (8)
  • Noisy (7)

• Everyday (27)
  • Home (21)
  • Office (12)
  • Short trips / weekends (10)
    • Brew Performance:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (21), Coffee aficionado (6), Casual drinker (4)
    • I received a sample (28), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

I love my Keurig K45

After owning a regular coffee maker for years and wasting more coffee than i care to talk about, I broke down and purchased this machine for my husband. This machine is impressive. I thought we might be sacrificing flavor for convenience but I was wrong. I have now gotten to taste coffees I would never had experienced if I had to buy an entire canister. The variety of coffees alone make this machine worth every penny and we no longer waste coffee. I have even found beverages for my kids to enjoy, my daughter loves the brew over ice lemonade. The best thing I can say about this is how much money in the long run we have saved. There are no longer half pots of coffee being dumped out. My husband and I can now have whatever flavor of coffee we wish and it still be nice and hot. Options are truly endless with one of these machines.

Brew Performance
Coffee lovers rejoice, there is so much freedom to be had in your morning coffee now.

This machine is very easy to use even my 11 and 12 year old use it for juices in the morning.

Very sturdy and looks great on the counter.

Holds up great mine i have had for about a year and it looks like it just came out of the box.

Works well, but produces a lot of waste

I am a coffee fan for sure, but I don't like to drink coffee from a traditional drip-style coffee maker. I usually use a metal Italian coffee pot that you heat on the stove and that makes the best, strongest coffee around. When I can't use that (because of time restraints in the morning), I use the Keurig at work instead. I must say that I don't like the flavor of the coffee as much from the Keurig versus my Italian coffee pot, but it still tastes pretty good. It is super easy to use, almost foolproof with no instructions needed. I even use it to heat water for tea bags because it has the heated water reservoir that is so quick and ready to go anytime. My only criticism, well, I guess I have two criticisms of this product. The first one is the waste that is created from all the little plastic cups and the foil on top. The plastic is not labeled for recycling and you would have to clean it out first anyway. Secondly, the K-cups are NOT cheap, not by a long shot. They are so darn expensive! Even on sale. I haven't done this yet, but I think it's more economical and environmentally responsible to buy a reusable filter and use your own coffee that is freshly ground. All in all, this is an ok product, ingenious, really, but such a wasteful product, too. I have a hard time justifying the use of it.

I love this coffee maker!

from Plattsburgh, NY

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

This is more than just a coffee maker for me, it is a necessary part of my day. I love that I can chose my cup size, and that I can use a kcup or simply get a cup of hot water for tea or hot chocolate. It is easy to use and easy to fill with water. I get a great tasting cup of coffee every time.

Almost three years of daily use, and still going strong

from SD

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

My husband bought this keurig for me for Christmas 2013. It is still going strong to this day (Sept. 2016)! I use this machine everyday, at least three times a day... sometimes as much as 6 times a day. I really enjoy the variety of coffee/tea/hot chocolate that can be made in this coffee maker.

The ease of using this machine means that my six year old can make hot chocolate for himself and his little brother (of course, I do watch him and I have warned him of the pin that punctures the Kcup and also have instructed him to leave the cup for awhile so it cools down). It is so easy to use and, for me, the temperature that the coffee comes out is not scalding. I know everyone has different thresholds of comfort, but I have not experienced a burnt tongue after having a sip out of the mug, right away. Some Keurig models provide super hot/scalding coffee that you must wait to drink. This one has a very comfortable temperature for me.

As for filling up the reservoir: You can just removed the reservoir easily from the side of the machine, or you can simply remove the top of the reservoir and pour water in the top while it is sitting in its place next to the machine. Lately I have just been removing the reservoir and taking it to our filtered water system to fill up with water, but I used to keep a water pitcher beside the Keurig, for easy access during a rushed morning.

I would not buy again

from Livingston tx

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
  • It leaked

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Loved the variety of coffee the easy use being able to make fresh cup every time.
Its hard to keep it clean somtimes they leak

Couldn't live without it!

from Powell,TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Fast
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I use this multiple times daily and I have had it for going on 5 years with no problems. I can use any k-cup coffee I want which makes it cheaper to drink good coffee. It does not require you buy certain k-cups. It has an auto turn off if you select that which is good for people like me who are always rushing out the door in the mornings.

My keurig k45 Elite brewing machine

from Stratford

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

It makes fast and perfect cup coffee

Love this

from Brooklyn, MI

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Fast

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

I love the ease of this coffee maker. We use it daily for two coffee drinkers in our house. Easy to fill and operate. My kids can make me a cup too if needed. It can be a pain to clean as it develops build up but nothing you can't handle.

A great coffee machine

from Dallas,TX

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use

Cons

• DrIp tray Is hard to clean
      • Noisy

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

A friend of mine found a lady selling this Keurig for $15. Of course, it wasn't brand new, but was in pristine condition. We are definitely coffee drinkers and this was our first Keurig machine. I'd wanted to try it, but they seemed too expensive. Anyhow, I got this Keurig. I've had it over a year and I'm very impressed.
      I haven't had any issues with it. It's pretty quick to brew and I love that I can make my coffee in a jiffy. I will say that it's not digital. If digital is what you want, skip this one. You have 2 options as far as cup sizes, average or big cup. It's great for families who have different preferences in brews. I like a medium roast and my hubby likes it dark. I will say that it is a bit noisy, but it doesn't bother me one bit. It mainly makes noise as the water is heating up. It is also a bit hard to clean. The water reservoir is removable and can be washed in the sink. Every month I run water and vinegar through the machine, like if I'm brewing coffee, just to prevent clogs. It is a bit bulky and will take up counter space, but it's so worth it. I might upgrade later, but I really do love this Keurig. Hasn't had any issues since I got it.

Best coffeemaker

from Saint John, IN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Doesn't always make a full cup

Makes great coffee

from Springfield il

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

Great product overall. Makes great coffee and it's very fresh. The cups are great, easy ,and lots of flavors to choose from. I have tried even hot chocolate in it. It is very quick at heating up and making a cup. The cons it has a small water tank. I drink lots of coffee a day. I have to fill the tank up a lot. Another con, I ended up having to buy the reusable cup, because of how expensive it can be if you drink a lot of coffee. With that being said, if you drink a lot, in would recommend the reusable cup. This way you are able to buy a big thing of coffee.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Number ONE! Necessity if you Love coffee!

from Dallas, Tx

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean

Comments about Keurig K45 Elite Brewing System:

My husband bought this as a gift for me, for Christmas. I absolutely LOVE my Keuirg. I use it on a daily, makes cups of coffee very quickly. Only thing I dislike is the cleaning of the machine and having to refill the water every other day. Other than that it is a necessity for me as a daily coffee drinker.