Other Mixers:
Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer
Rca_2013_value

Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer

GOOD CAUTY AND GOOD PRICE

So, when a friend of a friend told me they would like to pay me to make their wedding cake, I accepted my first paid job! And with the money, I researched stand mixers. The more expensive ones I just couldn't afford, but the reviews of this one were nearly equally as good, and so I bought it.

I am in love with it. It is easy to use, easy to clean, and works wonderfully! I use it for cake batter, cookie dough, bread dough, making whipped cream... the possibilities are nearly endless.

My only complaint is that the paddle doesn't quite scrape the bowl, so I find myself scraping the bottom halfway through any mix cycle, just to make sure everything gets distributed evenly.

I would recommend this mixer to anyone who bakes as a hobby, or for pocket change here and there like I do. If I were to need to use it more often than that, I would invest in one of the expensive professional stand mixers. But for regular use, this is great.

Mixing Performance
The only problem is the paddle doesn't quite scrape the bottom of the bowl. I usually turn it off halfway through and scrape it myself just to be sure all the ingredients are distributed.

Not Bad

I purchased this mixer a few years ago because it was significantly less expensive than a Kitchen Aid mixer. It has worked well for me making average batches of cookies, brownies, and bread. My biggest complaint with it is that it doesn't mix the stuff at the very bottom of the bowl (just a small amount) very well. I always have to get a wooden spoon or spatula and mix that in with the rest of the dough after I'm through and before I cook whatever I'm making. (Except bread--it does fine mixing bread dough completely.) However, having said that, the Kitchen Aids that I have used do the exact same thing. I am looking into purchasing a Bosch mixer now, just because I have started making more breads at home, and this mixer won't let me do more than two loaves--and even then I have to hold the dough down as it is kneading so it won't climb up too high and get into the machine's mixing parts. For small cooking projects, though, I would recommend the Hamilton Beach mixer and say it's just as good as a similar sized Kitchen Aid that I have used.

As good as other pricey mixers!

from Harvard Il

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty

Cons

• Heavy

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

This is one phenomenal machine. After looking at other pricey name brand mixers (that I could not afford) this one really stood out. It mixes very well and has all metal parts which will help make it last that much longer. It is a little loud but not so much that it is annoyingly so and also very heavy, but like I said it has ALL METAL PARTS so of course it will be heavy! So start lifting weights if you need to move this machine from your counter every time you use it because muscles are required! It mixes very well and even reaches to the very bottom of the bowl and leaves no part of the mixture unmixed. Very pleased with this machine and will gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a more affordable,well built mixer that gets the job done.

GOOD CAUTY AND GOOD PRICE

from SEL LHOUS

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity
  • Even Mixing
  • Heavy Duty
  • Works Quietly

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
  • Difficult to Store
  • Heavy
  • Moves While Mixing

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Meringue
  • Pies

Mixing Performance

I absolutely love this one!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I do a lot of baking, and dessert making, especially for holiday dinners for, not one, but two very large families. Having said that, you can see that when I get started in the kitchen, I often have ten or twelve things going on at once. I am constantly trying to watch pressure cookers, double boilers, ovens, and multiple recipe notes, among many other things. If I have to watch my mixer too, it can become overwhelming very quickly. I like this mixer because I can put my ingredients in for one recipe, turn it on, and be working on another recipe at the same time. I can turn this on and walk off to knead dough or manage my melting chocolate without worrying about my mixer making a mess. As busy as I stay around the holidays, being able to have machines that actually help me is crucial to a successful recipe. I love the design and the clean up too. It is very easy to maintain. However, it would be nice if the beaters were off set instead of right in the middle. Other than that, it is durable, good looking, easy to use, easy to maintain, and makes it easy to multitask.

A Must Have For The Kitchen

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I received the Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer two years ago for Christmas and have used it ever since. I use the mixer to mix cake batters, potatoes and even bread dough. At first, the mixer looks really complicated but when you start using it, it is really easy. I really like the large capacity bowl. It allows me to double recipes when needed with no problem. I like that I can just put my ingredients in and leave it. All ingredients are perfectly blended every time.The design of the mixer is great in that it will match anything in your kitchen. The mixer is very easy to store, but looks great sitting on the counter. I really like that the cleanup is really easy. You just wipe down, wash the bowl and mixers and you are finished. I am very happy with the Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer and think that it has been a great addition to my kitchen appliances. I would be more than happy to recommend it to anyone who likes to cook.

Wonderful mixer!

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I love to bake as a hobby, and when friends and family started coming to me for all their special occasions, I found myself wearing out my old hand mixer.

Love, Love this mixer

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I absolutely love this mixer. The stainless bowls are easy to hold due to the large side holder. This is the main reason I went with Hamilton Beach over Kitchen Aid. Plus you can order extras for a decent price. I have purchased each whisks and smaller bowls and the prices are insane like kitchen aid replacements. I mostly use this for baking cookies and cakes and dont have any complaints.

Mixing Performance
Some complain that liquid sticks at botton of mixing bowl, but they are using the machine properly. If you put dry ingrednnets in first and wet in slowly you do have issues combining ingredients thoroughly. Also, if you just washed the bowl, dry off the inside really good before putting in dry ingredients.

I have had mine about 6 years with no issues.

Greatest mixer ever.

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I really like this mixer and it saves me a lot of time. I can be kneading dough while watching TV. I love this because hand mixing with spatulas/spoons or hand mixures can be tiring or not strong enough to do the job. This is a very good product for one exception. It does not incorperate all of the ingredients because the mixer does not get to the sides of the bowl where the flour/sugar sticks.

Great Mixer Overall

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I bought this mixer a few years ago because it was a better value than the Kitchen Aid and had better reviews. It has mixed everything from homemade fondant and mints to cakes and cookies without fail. It is a breeze to clean up and does not over heat. Though the numbers on the side showing the speeds have worn off with cleaning, and there is a chip in the enamel on my blade, the mixer is still going strong. It is my favorite appliance in the kitchen.

This product looks great on my counter. I love the brushed metal.

The numbers showing the speeds have worn off and there is a chip on my mixing blade, but otherwise this mixer has stood the test of time.

A good compromise

from Groton, CT

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

Not being a big bread baker, I couldn't justify the cost of a Kitchen Aid mixer.  This machine is solid metal, and powerful.  It certainly is an improvement on my former plastic Hamilton Beach (which was 10 years old, worked fine, but yellowing)  After a year of daily use, the numbers showing the speeds has completely worn away, and there is a chip on the mixing blade, but it is still working strong.  It does not overheat, is easy to clean, and looks nice.

Update 2011--while making ginger bread dough which was on the thick side, I finally burned out the motor on this machine. I should have used the dough hook!

We use ours mostly for cookies, cakes, brownies, and mashed potatoes.  It has 2 attachments--one for basic mixing and one for whipping.  Because the attachments are metal, if you are mixing hot potatoes, and want to switch blades from mixing to whipping, the blade will be hot and need a pot holder to replace.  It is very easy to put attachments on and off.

It serves our purposes since we don't really need a Kitchen Aid.  It is heavy to move to different countertops and takes up space, but that is par for the course.

• Mixing Performance:

Not a KitchenAid, but close!

from Cumberland, MD

Comments about Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer:

I have always dreamed of a KitchenAid mixer, but until the cost comes down it will remain a dream. My husband found this one at work on clearance and gave it to me for my birthday. I have to say, I'm impressed. It's heavy duty and seems to be very sturdily made. And stylin too! It looks great sitting in my kitchen.

On the downside, it's positioning makes it a little awkward to pour in ingredients and mix the batter as it's going. I wish the beater was offset instead of smack in the middle. I often have to stop it to scrape off the edges, and when pouring in dry ingredients if I'm not super careful it comes flying back out! It also tends to leave the very bottom of the batter unmixed, so I always have to give it a good handmixing. However, these little annoyances are worth the cost and hopefully how long it will last me.