2.6
Grange Mutual Insurance

Summary

For generations, Grange Insurance and the independent agents who represent our company have been empowering people to live their lives with fewer worries by offering valuable insurance products and superior, hassle-free services that meet our customers’ changing needs.

Today we are a financially strong insurance provider with $1.2 billion in annual revenues and $3 billion in assets. Located in Columbus, Ohio and rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, we partner with independent agents who offer auto, home, life and business insurance protection to policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Grange Mutual Insurance

2.6

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

best buy

A great buy.  I don't know about other insurance companys but when I had an accident and tore out my transmission, Grange wanted to buy a used transmission from a junk yard and put it in my car.  Well, along with my complaining and the dearship where I took it to have it fixed comlaining we did fortunately get a new transmission. My car was only 4 yrs old and less than 50,000 miles. Other than that no complaints.

I have found this company to overprice there insurance rates.

I was with Nation Grange for more than 20 years. I/WE purchased this insurance through an agent when we bought our first home in 1985.Through the years I had considered looking for another insurance carrier but did not follow through with it. At about 20 years our roof on our home sustained extensive wind damage. We called the agent who contacted National Grange.The sent someone out to check out the damage and file a claim for us. The amount was over 15,000.00 dollars which they agreed to pay and did. Right after the roofing was fixed and the money was paid thy decided to try to cancel our insurance. This was our first and only claim with them after 20 years of doing business with them. The agent called them and talked them out of it. Within the past 2 to 3 years I have mentioned to some of my friends how much we pay for home owners insurance. They were shocked at the price seeing they also were home owners. So I began a search for new insurance and found a company also out of state like we had already. The company I found is very well known for home owners insurance. They are giving us better coverage for about half the price we were paying. We have since changed over to them. When you either have or are planning on getting home owners insurance get a good agent that will help you get the best coverage at the best price for you. I have learned it does not hurt to investigate on your own  periodically to make sure of this.

Great Customer Service

from Cleveland, Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I was in my first auto accident recently and friends told me to not be surprised if my insurance company dropped my coverage. I got a letter in the mail from Grange, and I opened it expecting the news that they were cancelling my policy. Instead, it was a letter of support letting me know that an accident can be stressful and that Grange was there to answer any questions and help me throughout the process. My Grange claims adjuster was very helpful and on top of all the communications with my lease finance company, giving me great advice.

Awesome Customer Service

from Fredericksburg, OH

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Our house had lightening damage to many items in our house. Jessica Barnett was amazing and all was settled very quickly. We haven't been with Grange long but our auto and renters policy went down 200 a month when we switched. Thanks Grange!

Great Experience

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Great Customer service and Claim Handling. Very Satisfied.

My First Claim in 13 Years-Neighbors Tree

from Cleveland Heights, OH

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I had a neighbor's tree fall across my back yard during a big snow storm recently. What a headache as we came to find out we were liable vs the neighbor. But my Grange contact Ken was quick to get back to me and super helpful. We had to follow up as there was actually more damage then originally thought, but that also went smoothly. So not the greatest situation, covering a neighbors dead tree impact...turned out to be smooth on the insurance side. Thanks to Ken and the Grange team.

Very bad experience dealing with them

from Columbus, Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I had an accident in which the other driver had Grange insurance. It took them close to 2 months to contact me and discuss the accident and then they are only paying for part of the damage not all. It was very frustrating. I had to use my own insurance to cover the rest of the damage caused by their driver and their claims representative were very rude when it comes to discussing the matter.

very pleased with efficiency of resolving my case

from Cleveland , ohio

Insurance

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY (GRANGE)

from BELLE VERNON, PA

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

WHAT A JOKE GRANGE INSURANCE SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS I MADE MY LAST INSURANCE PAYMENT MAY 2016 BROUGHT THE COVERAGE UP TO AUG. AND DID NOT RENEW,THESE CRACKPOTS ARE TRYING TO BILL ME FOR A START OF A NEW POLICY, WHICH I TOLD MY BROKER I WAS NOT RENEWING, THESE CRACKPOTS SENT ME A BILL SAYING I OWE FOR ONE MONTHS COVERAGE OF A NEW POLICY, WHICH I DONT CAUSE I NEVER RENEWED IT, I AM SO GLAD THIS HAPPEN, I WAS READY TO GET LIFE INSURANCE FOR ME AND MY 2 KIDS. I ALREADY HAVE IT ON MY WIFE, WHICH I WILL BE CANCELING IF I GET ONE MORE STATEMENT SAYING I OWE THEM MONEY. I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND WILL SUE IF THEY DAMAGE MY CREDIT, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS GRANGE INSURANCE CO.

I would never go with this underhanded company

from Phila,pa

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I was a customer with grange when I tried to leave the made it so hard where they was able to take 500 out of my account I am writing the BBB also the AG about this company

Horrible to say the least

from Farmington Mi

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

to sum it up, this company is just awful.....
several days ago, my car was vandalized by an unknown party. when i called to file a claim, they told me they would send out someone to give ma an estimate on the repair cost. it took them 2 days to send someone out. and when they finally did, all he did was stand there and accuse me of claiming damages that he didn't think was caused by the vandalism. to sum it up short, there were copper wiring wrapped around my windshield wipers, my driver side mirror was completely busted and several scratches were made on the door itself, there were several cracks and chips on my windshield and a broken beer bottle shards all over my car. while i was explaining these damages to the claims person this is what he said "OK so even though there are other scratches on your car, you are claiming these scratches?" then i told him that i am telling you about these scratches because it is part of the damages caused, then he went on and said " there are similar scratches all around the car, and i don't understand how these scratches are from the beer bottles." even after i explained that beer bottles were not the only item that made the damage, he just didn't seem to understand. even after i showed him the picture of the wires and other garbage thrown on the car, all he kept on telling me was he doesn't think these scratches came from the beer bottle....i never said the scratches came from the beer bottle, only that my car was scratches by the vandals. he didn't even seem to care about the more significant damages, just those scratches... does he think i'm trying to make false claim on scratches?, while my windshield and mirrors are all busted? maybe he had some scratch fetish, i do not know but i do know that grange insurance should hire a bit more educated employees in the future. all i can say is that this whole experience was a pain in my butt and i was offended to say the least. it made me realize how disappointing this company is and i

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

absolute worst insurance company I've ever dealt with

from Cleveland Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Reading other reviews it seems I am not alone in this opinion. I would NEVER intentionally do business with Grange. Being forced to deal with them has been a nightmare. I was rear ended by a Grange insured driver on April 2nd which totaled my vehicle. 20 days later I still haven't received a dime. First they tried to deny the claim, then they tried to deny the damage to my vehicle was from a rear end collision, then they tried to offer me FAR less than the vehicle is worth. Finally 3 weeks after the accident I accepted an offer to settle at less than I would have liked, but it just wasn't worth dealing with them to get what is fair. On top of all that they expect me to drive 40 minutes to come to them and sign papers so I can pick the check up AFTER I return the rental car. Thankfully I borrowed a vehicle from a family member instead of using the rental car they eventually agreed to provide, or I would be waiting even longer while we did all the paperwork by mail, and I'd have no vehicle in that time span.
A couple years ago a different vehicle of mine was hit while parked by a driver with basic budget liability insurance. That company was at my home within a week to inspect the vehicle, and I had a rental car the day after mine was hit. They didn't argue with me, or treat me like I was inconveniencing them for having my vehicle damaged by someone who pays them to cover their accidents, and they cut me a check at my home the same day they did the inspection. I would NEVER buy insurance knowing that if I had an accident and damaged someone else's property the people I pay to represent me would go out of their way to make that person's life even MORE difficult. If Grange treats victims of accidents like this, I can't imagine they treat their customers much better.