2.2
Grange Mutual Insurance

Summary

For generations, Grange Insurance and the independent agents who represent our company have been empowering people to live their lives with fewer worries by offering valuable insurance products and superior, hassle-free services that meet our customers’ changing needs.

Today we are a financially strong insurance provider with $1.3 billion in annual revenues and $2 billion assets. Located in Columbus, Ohio and rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, we partner with independent agents who offer auto, home, life and business insurance protection to policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Grange Mutual Insurance

2.2

Pros

Cons

best buy

A great buy.  I don't know about other insurance companys but when I had an accident and tore out my transmission, Grange wanted to buy a used transmission from a junk yard and put it in my car.  Well, along with my complaining and the dearship where I took it to have it fixed comlaining we did fortunately get a new transmission. My car was only 4 yrs old and less than 50,000 miles. Other than that no complaints.

I have found this company to overprice there insurance rates.

I was with Nation Grange for more than 20 years. I/WE purchased this insurance through an agent when we bought our first home in 1985.Through the years I had considered looking for another insurance carrier but did not follow through with it. At about 20 years our roof on our home sustained extensive wind damage. We called the agent who contacted National Grange.The sent someone out to check out the damage and file a claim for us. The amount was over 15,000.00 dollars which they agreed to pay and did. Right after the roofing was fixed and the money was paid thy decided to try to cancel our insurance. This was our first and only claim with them after 20 years of doing business with them. The agent called them and talked them out of it. Within the past 2 to 3 years I have mentioned to some of my friends how much we pay for home owners insurance. They were shocked at the price seeing they also were home owners. So I began a search for new insurance and found a company also out of state like we had already. The company I found is very well known for home owners insurance. They are giving us better coverage for about half the price we were paying. We have since changed over to them. When you either have or are planning on getting home owners insurance get a good agent that will help you get the best coverage at the best price for you. I have learned it does not hurt to investigate on your own  periodically to make sure of this.

NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY (GRANGE)

from BELLE VERNON, PA

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

WHAT A JOKE GRANGE INSURANCE SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS I MADE MY LAST INSURANCE PAYMENT MAY 2016 BROUGHT THE COVERAGE UP TO AUG. AND DID NOT RENEW,THESE CRACKPOTS ARE TRYING TO BILL ME FOR A START OF A NEW POLICY, WHICH I TOLD MY BROKER I WAS NOT RENEWING, THESE CRACKPOTS SENT ME A BILL SAYING I OWE FOR ONE MONTHS COVERAGE OF A NEW POLICY, WHICH I DONT CAUSE I NEVER RENEWED IT, I AM SO GLAD THIS HAPPEN, I WAS READY TO GET LIFE INSURANCE FOR ME AND MY 2 KIDS. I ALREADY HAVE IT ON MY WIFE, WHICH I WILL BE CANCELING IF I GET ONE MORE STATEMENT SAYING I OWE THEM MONEY. I WILL TAKE THIS TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND WILL SUE IF THEY DAMAGE MY CREDIT, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS GRANGE INSURANCE CO.

I would never go with this underhanded company

from Phila,pa

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I was a customer with grange when I tried to leave the made it so hard where they was able to take 500 out of my account I am writing the BBB also the AG about this company

Horrible to say the least

from Farmington Mi

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

to sum it up, this company is just awful.....
several days ago, my car was vandalized by an unknown party. when i called to file a claim, they told me they would send out someone to give ma an estimate on the repair cost. it took them 2 days to send someone out. and when they finally did, all he did was stand there and accuse me of claiming damages that he didn't think was caused by the vandalism. to sum it up short, there were copper wiring wrapped around my windshield wipers, my driver side mirror was completely busted and several scratches were made on the door itself, there were several cracks and chips on my windshield and a broken beer bottle shards all over my car. while i was explaining these damages to the claims person this is what he said "OK so even though there are other scratches on your car, you are claiming these scratches?" then i told him that i am telling you about these scratches because it is part of the damages caused, then he went on and said " there are similar scratches all around the car, and i don't understand how these scratches are from the beer bottles." even after i explained that beer bottles were not the only item that made the damage, he just didn't seem to understand. even after i showed him the picture of the wires and other garbage thrown on the car, all he kept on telling me was he doesn't think these scratches came from the beer bottle....i never said the scratches came from the beer bottle, only that my car was scratches by the vandals. he didn't even seem to care about the more significant damages, just those scratches... does he think i'm trying to make false claim on scratches?, while my windshield and mirrors are all busted? maybe he had some scratch fetish, i do not know but i do know that grange insurance should hire a bit more educated employees in the future. all i can say is that this whole experience was a pain in my butt and i was offended to say the least. it made me realize how disappointing this company is and i

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

absolute worst insurance company I've ever dealt with

from Cleveland Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Reading other reviews it seems I am not alone in this opinion. I would NEVER intentionally do business with Grange. Being forced to deal with them has been a nightmare. I was rear ended by a Grange insured driver on April 2nd which totaled my vehicle. 20 days later I still haven't received a dime. First they tried to deny the claim, then they tried to deny the damage to my vehicle was from a rear end collision, then they tried to offer me FAR less than the vehicle is worth. Finally 3 weeks after the accident I accepted an offer to settle at less than I would have liked, but it just wasn't worth dealing with them to get what is fair. On top of all that they expect me to drive 40 minutes to come to them and sign papers so I can pick the check up AFTER I return the rental car. Thankfully I borrowed a vehicle from a family member instead of using the rental car they eventually agreed to provide, or I would be waiting even longer while we did all the paperwork by mail, and I'd have no vehicle in that time span.
A couple years ago a different vehicle of mine was hit while parked by a driver with basic budget liability insurance. That company was at my home within a week to inspect the vehicle, and I had a rental car the day after mine was hit. They didn't argue with me, or treat me like I was inconveniencing them for having my vehicle damaged by someone who pays them to cover their accidents, and they cut me a check at my home the same day they did the inspection. I would NEVER buy insurance knowing that if I had an accident and damaged someone else's property the people I pay to represent me would go out of their way to make that person's life even MORE difficult. If Grange treats victims of accidents like this, I can't imagine they treat their customers much better.

Homeowner insurance cancelled

from North Olmsted Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I bought insurance from Grange insurance last year because it was the lower price. I just got a cancellation notice that they would not review it because of detached structure (garage) in poor condition which it isn't. Front steps in need of repair because the carpet was torn which my son fixed and debris in yard. I have a pile of logs behind the garage for the fireplace. The house was just painted outside last year. I will cancel all my policies

Shabby treatment twice in 20 years

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Same old same old. About 15 years ago I was back ended by a Grange insured driver. After avoiding me for over a week I contacted a lawyer. THEN they wanted to contact me. Two weeks ago and 15 years later our son was hit by a Grange insured driver...same runaround. This time we plan to contact the Ohio Insurance Commission if they don't get with it in the next couple of days.

Customer Service
Run around after run around. Want you to cover your own costs when THEIR driver is at fault then MAYBE get reimbursed.

Available Plans
I don't know what's available because I intend to never use their products.

• Available Plans:

Grange does not cover repairs due to accidents

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

One week before Christmas I was hit in the front passenger tire/fender. i was called by a claims adjuster who gave me the claims number. I had a message by the claims adjuster stating how they were going to use used or other non gm compatable parts. The body shop were nice enough to cover the difference so both of my headlights would match. After a month I was told by the body shop Grange wouldn't cover a part and to have the truck released. Currently I have two lights. No traction control and my steering wheel is stuck to the left with my alignment off. Granges(tims) excuse was it was pre existing. I am glad I saved the message. Took video of the truck being driven off the lot and have had the truck appraised for trade in the day prior to the accident. Along with the accident report, pics of the accident I plan on taking this higher up. As a customer we should have the right to have our vehicles back in the condition as they were prior to being hit. I am not asking for the vehicle to be as I drove it off the lot but as it was prior to being hit. Before you consider Grange, check the reviews but most importantly check the N A I C for your state.

Available Plans
Cost of insuring was considerably cheap. I can give two names of people I would avoid speaking with.

awful and shady company

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

My experience with this company is the worst I have ever experienced. The adjuster was disrespectful!!!! I find it disheartening because this is a service that I pay for. Customer service and appreciation goes a long way. After dealing with this company I feel cheated and scammed. That is not a way you should feel about a service that you pay for

AWFUL!!!

Very Helpful

from NA

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I purchased a vehicle insurance from Grange Insurance last year. I was given complete information on the policy rates and the term end benefits and even assured that the rate will not increase during the insurance term. The price at which I purchased an insurance was quite less compared to other companies and there were a lot of extra benefits and factors covered in my insurance plan. While inquiring about the plan rates and benefits, the policy advisor cover all the necessary facts regarding the term plan and the claim procedure.

The insurance agent of Grange was very friendly and willingly solved all our queries while making a purchase of the insurance plan. The documents required were only the essential ones like ID proof, Address proof and so on. The entire process was smooth and I was given complete guidance and assurity from the company agents. Till date, I have been paying my insurance bills on time and have not yet filed any claim.

Bunch Of Scammers

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I had general liability with them. A situation arose where they were needed to help me resolve an issue that happened on the job. They basically refused to pay, noting a small one line clause in a policy of over 300 pages. They did it to me, They will do it to you. DO NOT USE GRANGE INSURANCE TO INSURE ANYTHING..... EVER. They are a typical of scumbag insurance company that just consistently screws their customers. It is called GENERAL LIABILITY you scamming db's. Go F Yourselves.

Customer Service
Lousy. Took over 5 calls for them to tell me to go f myself.