2.7
Grange Mutual Insurance

Summary

For generations, Grange Insurance and the independent agents who represent our company have been empowering people to live their lives with fewer worries by offering valuable insurance products and superior, hassle-free services that meet our customers’ changing needs.

Today we are a financially strong insurance provider with $1.2 billion in annual revenues and $3 billion in assets. Located in Columbus, Ohio and rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best, we partner with independent agents who offer auto, home, life and business insurance protection to policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Grange Mutual Insurance

2.7

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

best buy

A great buy.  I don't know about other insurance companys but when I had an accident and tore out my transmission, Grange wanted to buy a used transmission from a junk yard and put it in my car.  Well, along with my complaining and the dearship where I took it to have it fixed comlaining we did fortunately get a new transmission. My car was only 4 yrs old and less than 50,000 miles. Other than that no complaints.

I have found this company to overprice there insurance rates.

I was with Nation Grange for more than 20 years. I/WE purchased this insurance through an agent when we bought our first home in 1985.Through the years I had considered looking for another insurance carrier but did not follow through with it. At about 20 years our roof on our home sustained extensive wind damage. We called the agent who contacted National Grange.The sent someone out to check out the damage and file a claim for us. The amount was over 15,000.00 dollars which they agreed to pay and did. Right after the roofing was fixed and the money was paid thy decided to try to cancel our insurance. This was our first and only claim with them after 20 years of doing business with them. The agent called them and talked them out of it. Within the past 2 to 3 years I have mentioned to some of my friends how much we pay for home owners insurance. They were shocked at the price seeing they also were home owners. So I began a search for new insurance and found a company also out of state like we had already. The company I found is very well known for home owners insurance. They are giving us better coverage for about half the price we were paying. We have since changed over to them. When you either have or are planning on getting home owners insurance get a good agent that will help you get the best coverage at the best price for you. I have learned it does not hurt to investigate on your own  periodically to make sure of this.

Worst Insurance Co by far...

from Harvest AL

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I was rear ended and seriously injured by a Grange insured trucking Co that had serious safety violations and should never of been on the highway. The Co. had tags expired for 2 years prior, lots of safety violations ,yet Grange insured them anyway. Been a nightmare and very stressful last 4 yrs filing lawsuits against Grange and we have a jury trial approaching. Grange has a whole team of in house attorneys that fight claims. They are totally unreasonable.. worst insurance around. Their attorneys have openly lied to the Court, encouraged their insured to lie and fabricate Falsified inspection documents, and have committed Fraud on the Court, by submitting counterfeit docs. I feel more victims need to come forward and hire a fighting trial attorney(not a settlement attorney) and sue this dishonest Insurance Co. Knowledgeable victims can also file bad faith lawsuits against Grange( many states have these provisions now), and file complaints with their states dept of insurance oversee-ers

I advise everyone to purchase insurance through this company

from Indianapolis

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Just joining this company and right away I have a incident, they helped me right away with no hassle. I prefer auto continue with this company for a lifetime because I know that they will assure you that what ever the situation is it will be resolved ASAP.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Good Job

from Circleville ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Evan our claims adjuster was able to complete the claim in a timely manner. Thanks Evan.

100% Satisfied

from Michigan City, IN.

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I am a customer of Grange Insurance and fortunately have never had to submit a claim in the past, unfortunately recently I did. I was worried because I have heard all of the horror stories and the headaches that will come with it. I prepared my self for this long drawn out process as I was told would happen but was shocked and completely amazed how untrue this was. it was completely the opposite, Mr. Shear was the adjuster assigned to me and what a stand up individual he is. He was very understanding and he explained he would do his very best to make this bad situation as painless as possible and he delivered just that. He handled every detail and made me feel like I was his only customer, all I can say he is a true asset to Grange. Even though the terms we meant on were not how I want to meet anyone, he made it pleasurable. I will never look further for insurance coverage again, Grange has provided me everything from competitive rates to customer service, second to none! This is the real deal, insurance is something you hope you never need but if you do, you will be glad you had it with Grange! Thank you Grange and Mr. Shear.
Forever Grateful,
Shawn Solner

Great Customer Service

from Cleveland, Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I was in my first auto accident recently and friends told me to not be surprised if my insurance company dropped my coverage. I got a letter in the mail from Grange, and I opened it expecting the news that they were cancelling my policy. Instead, it was a letter of support letting me know that an accident can be stressful and that Grange was there to answer any questions and help me throughout the process. My Grange claims adjuster was very helpful and on top of all the communications with my lease finance company, giving me great advice.

Awesome Customer Service

from Fredericksburg, OH

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Our house had lightening damage to many items in our house. Jessica Barnett was amazing and all was settled very quickly. We haven't been with Grange long but our auto and renters policy went down 200 a month when we switched. Thanks Grange!

Great Experience

from Memphis, TN

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

Great Customer service and Claim Handling. Very Satisfied.

My First Claim in 13 Years-Neighbors Tree

from Cleveland Heights, OH

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I had a neighbor's tree fall across my back yard during a big snow storm recently. What a headache as we came to find out we were liable vs the neighbor. But my Grange contact Ken was quick to get back to me and super helpful. We had to follow up as there was actually more damage then originally thought, but that also went smoothly. So not the greatest situation, covering a neighbors dead tree impact...turned out to be smooth on the insurance side. Thanks to Ken and the Grange team.

Very bad experience dealing with them

from Columbus, Ohio

Comments about Grange Mutual Insurance:

I had an accident in which the other driver had Grange insurance. It took them close to 2 months to contact me and discuss the accident and then they are only paying for part of the damage not all. It was very frustrating. I had to use my own insurance to cover the rest of the damage caused by their driver and their claims representative were very rude when it comes to discussing the matter.

very pleased with efficiency of resolving my case

from Cleveland , ohio