Other Coffee Makers:
DCC-1200BCH, DCC-1200, DCC-1200BW, DCC-1200MP, DCC-1200MR
Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_normal

Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

• Easy to clean (6)
  • Easy to use (6)
  • Multiple settings (6)
  • Brews quickly (5)
  • Durable (5)

• Everyday (5)
  • Home (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (6)

Cuisinart Brew Central makes good coffee but has some issues

The most important feature for a coffee maker is whether it heats the water hot enough to brew good coffee. This one does, unlike many other coffee makers I've tried.
Read complete review

It's not a fancy coffee maker. It doesn't grind beans or froth milk or do anything other than make decent coffee. But because it does heat the water sufficiently, it makes a good pot of coffee. It does include a charcoal filter.

We drink a lot of coffee throughout the day and it gets a workout but stands up under multiple pots of brewing every day. It has a standard glass carafe and heat plate, not a thermal carafe. That means the carafe has to be left on the heat plate if you want hot coffee.

And that brings me to one of a few negatives. There is no separate switch for the heat plate. In order to leave the heat plate on, you have to leave the coffee maker on. It does allow you to select whether to have the coffee maker's auto shut off click in at two or four hours. But I would prefer to be able to turn the coffee maker off and leave the heat plate on.

The other negative is the stairstep used inside the coffee maker to mark amounts when you fill it. Since the machine is 14 inches tall and the fill area is fairly narrow, it's difficult to see the water levels. I'm 5' 6" and have to pull the coffee maker closer to the edge of the counter in order to see inside and even then, it's difficult. I've found a small flashlight helps but Cuisinart really should improve on this feature.

The other minus is the fact that moisture sweats onto the top lid and, since there's nothing to catch it, drips behind the coffee maker when you open the lid.

But despite these issues, I still give it a four star rating because of its durability and the quality of the coffee it produces.

One additional note. Since our well water is horrible, I use only bottled water to make coffee. I still have a problem with mineral buildup in the machine. I strongly recommend cleaning it at least once every two or three weeks. The manufacturer recommends using a mixture of vinegar and water. I've found that insufficient for keeping mineral buildup at bay. Although not recommended by Cuisinart, I use straight vinegar followed by three brews of just water to clean mine. Mineral buildup will seriously impact the life of your coffee maker.

Price is High- Product and Customer Service are not

I normally do not write bad reviews but I would not ever purchase this product again. I actually exchanged a Bunn I recieved for a gift for this product at 1st for about 2 months I thought it was good had a couple issues I did not like - pouring water in reserve was kind of a tight fit was one. I Love coffee drink it all day long and make at a minimum 2 pots a day . In less than a year this unit started to act up shutting it self off in different stages of brewing or keeping warm. completely shuitting down. I would have to unplug it sometimes it would start again sometimes not until it either sat and coffee got cold or had to keep trying unplugging and repluggin in. I had sent in my warrenty card at purchase as i always do on these appliances. I contacted customer service through their Website 2 times regarding this issue getting nervous that possibly it would start on fire or I would get an electrical shock or something, I received no response to my requests for information on if this was a warranty covered issue or if I could get it repaired or what it could possibly be that was making it do this, especially since we had only had it a year. So with no response I purchased my old stand by Mr. Coffee for a fraction of the price that this cost with the majority of the same features and have had in the past that have been great for me for a number of years. I tossed this in the trash. I would never purchase it again and would hesitate to purchase any other Cuisinart product with the customer service being some of the worst I have ever had. Even if it was not under warrenty atleast respond to my inquiries*

Coffee and Happiness

from Ames IA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Cuisinart's Brew Central 12-cup programmable coffee maker is VIEWPOINTS 2013 reviewer's choice due to its simplicity and quality. This product is great for anyone who drinks coffee whether it may be everyday or once a month. Cuisinart's Brew Central has been evaluated on the following criteria:
    Easy to use: Monday mornings can be difficult to get going; we all need an early morning pick-me-up to start of the day. This coffee maker allows users to roll out of bed and quickly get coffee brewing without much thought. Water and coffee must be put into the machine, and then the flip of a switch starts the brewing.
    Programmability: This allows the user to put the water and coffee into the machine the night before, and then setting the brew time. Although, programing provides customization, when we want coffee to stay warm for an extended period time we are limited to four hours. Users may also brew 2-4 cups of coffee at a time making this product comparable to single serve coffee makers. Using programmable functions with this coffee maker lets users decide how there coffee is brewed.
    Durability: I have had this item in my apartment for over a year now. While the coffee maker gets used a minimum of once per day by multiple people, there has never been a problem.
    Cost: Coffee makers rapidly increase in price as quality increases. This product produces comparable quality without the increased price. Brew Central contains similar features to very expensive single serve coffee brewers while still over $100.00 cheaper.
    This is a great product for coffee drinkers who are looking for a product that's simple to use, yet programmable, durable, and affordable.

good

from jose

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly

Cons

• Hard To Clean

• Office

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

its really good coffee maker basically its two ways coffee maker you got your main pitcher and it also comes with tumbler also it got the traditional coffee filter it also got timer you can program it but the design is bad i didn't like it also the tumbler is not the best quality is plastic on the inside which always prefer stainless steel

Love it

from Florida

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My favorite coffee maker , i take it with we everywhere i go on vacation ... Ive had it for years and it works great !!! Love love love it

Great Machine - Reliable and Looks Great

from Columbia, SC

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I am on my second machine because the movers broke the first one when I moved. I had the first one for 3-years and never had a problem with it (until the movers dropped it from the back of a truck!). I have had the second one for 8-years and it brews as well today as when I purchased it. The programming feature works very well provided the machine stays plugged in (does anyone make a machine with a backup battery to preserve time data?) and every morning at 5:30, the program I set kicks in and the machine starts brewing. It is easy to clean and replacement baskets are easy to find. I am not sure how easy it is to find replacement post because I have never broken one but I have seen a lot of Cuisinart pots on the shelves at carious stores. The only reason I would replace this model is to buy one with an espresso machine built in, otherwise, if this one breaks I will buy the same model again.

very good coffe maker

from usa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use
          • Large Pot
          • Multiple Settings
          • Stylish
          • the casing was styled on a larger size

Cons

• suddenly died, not sure why, had 5 yrs

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

the glass pot was great, never showed any water stains. brewed good coffee,

Stylish and works great

from Chicago, IL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use
          • Multiple Settings
          • Stylish

Would recommend! No complaints

Really Great Coffee

from Cornwall ny 12518

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
              • Durable
              • Easy To Clean
              • Easy To Use
              • Large Pot
              • Multiple Settings

• Weekends

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I must start my day with my "hot" coffee. This maker is great. It does not take long to brew and the coffee is really hot. Real wake you up. The maker appears as if it was very expensive, very well made and really looks good with the chrome trim. I make an almost full pot each am and my husband makes about half a pot in the evening and even the smaller amount of coffee tastes as good as the full pot. It is very easy to clean . The warranty is also good which gave me the confidence to try it. This company makes really great, well designed kitchen small appliances. I plan on keeping an eye on this brand since to me it is an excellent value. I would tell my friends and family the same thing.

Cuisinart Coffee that stays hot

from california

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
                • Durable
                • Easy To Clean
                • Easy To Use
                • Large Pot
                • Multiple Settings

• Office
                  • Weekends

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I'm a 24 hour coffee drinker.I have had maybe 4 coffeemakers of this kind.We have hard water so it is great to use.Would recommend this to anyone, that likes a cup of hot coffee that stays hot during the time of need.I like the features on the container.It has its own settings day or night usage.I tried this at a friends house,an decided this was for me

Great

from Warren, OH

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a wonderful coffee pot, we just got this cuisinart brew central 12 cup programmable coffee maker the other day. We were having some issues with our other coffee maker and needed to get rid of it and get a new one. The cusinart is konwn to be a high quality coffee maker so we went ahead and tried this one out. We just got it and used it and it's been great! We have never had any coffee that tasted so fresh and robust in flavor. The quality is great its very durable and made very well so that it will last for many years. It is also very easy to clean and very easy to use and user friendly. The performance of the coffee is spectacular because it tastes amazing and so fresh. I would reccommend this to anyone looking for a new coffee maker as this was a great choice. It is also very fast when brewing and I love to smell the coffee when its brewing in the pot! I love the very sleek and classy looking design that makes it look fancy.

Great Coffee Maker

Comments about Cuisinart Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Well what can I say Cuisinart has a reputation for quality and I can't say more about this coffee maker. I have owned it for the past 4 years and it is working like a charm! It is durable and attractive I bought it to match the rest of my home appliances I love the design. It is stylish and functional, takes little space on the counter. I love that it is so easy to clean and that it has a removable charcoal filter. I love that it has a large basket great for large amounts of coffee grounds and It makes great coffee.
                  I like that It also beeps when your coffee is done brewing. Takes about five minutes to brew. If you are like me that when you wake up in the morning you want to have your cup of Joe ready to sip with this coffee maker it is a cinch. It is programmable so I can have my coffee when I wake up. And you can choose your brew strength. I am very happy with my purchase.I definitely recommend its worth every penny and it will practically pay for itself after so many uses.

Brew Performance
                  Brews coffee just right every time!

Very easy to use and clean

stylish and attractive black with stainless steel

Built to last a good long time