Other Specialty Appliances:
Sunbeam
Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine

Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine

This little guy keeps on chugging

I have had my Sunbeam Hot Shot for close to 20 years now and I couldn't imagine not having it in my house. In college, it was essential for quick fix dorm room food - I used it to heat water for the ever popular ramen noodles, tea, instant coffee, and instant oatmeal. I still use it for quick items requiring hot water. I have a small kitchen, so keeping extra things in storage like a tea kettle, is wasted space in my book. This machine sits right next to the coffee pot, ready for tea or a quick breakfast at any moment. I have had many friends and family members ask over the years where it was purchased and if they still make the product because they fall in love with it too. My only complaints (and these may be remedied in newer versions) is that the lid does not stay closed when the water boils, but rather flops a bit to let out the steam. Since I only use this for water - cleanup is easy. My other problem is that it is white and shows any splashes or kitchen grime easily. As it is so old, I do have slight rings where the burners have worked over the years, but there is no rusting or damage to the product. Like I said, it just keeps on chugging away, keeping me in ample supply of quickly boiled water. It would be immediately replaced if it ever quits on me.

Ok product from good companese

It's a small horse, a kind of Pop-Up Toaster. There is something to be done. This is something, he will not die (it may take longer to warm up the same amount of water, timely, however.) I will drink from a big family, we talk about basketball fire as long as I can remember. There is so much faster than the water in the oven, in my opinion, it feels better. No hot water heater chodyèr, like many conventional. This reduces the time and really just have to wait until / drinks hot, cold, before you can drink, you can save the key, and the water temperature a little more, if you really want.Heat basketball with two cups of water again. This is the coffee produced,, cocoa, or other personal comfort hot drink from the cup. We also use the summer to beat fast. My mother likes to use hot water to activate yeast bread. Other people decide instant soup. endless possibilities!

FAST ONE

from NY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact

Cons

• Bulky

• Commercial Kitchens
  • Small Kitchens

SMALL ONE

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This little guy keeps on chugging

from Aurora, CO

About Me Rarely Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Compact
  • Convenient
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Difficult To Clean

• Entertaining
  • Gifts
  • Simple Meals
  • Small Kitchens

helpful little water heater

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and I use this regularly to make coffee. It works great. The water heats up enough to make a nice hot cup and it takes no time at all. I also use it to make instant oatmeal and other things that only use a little bit of hot water. It's a lot easier and safer that using the microwave and much faster than heating it up on the stove.
I received my first one of these as a gift from my daughter and at first I looked at her like she was crazy because I didn't think I would have any use for it. The first one lasted 3 years with daily use and when it finally broke I was lost without it. The week between it breaking and me ordering a new one was the longest week and it made me realize just how much I loved and used my Hot Shot.
The photo shows a mug and some do come with a mug but both of the ones I purchased came with a nice heavy weight bowl. It was a nice added bonus that has also served a good purpose.

It's how I start my day!

from Gurnee, IL

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

This little machine is an important part of my daily life as I'm a tea lover, and can't start my day without it. Tea kettles were always fine, until I developed arthritis in my hands and wrists. It became dangerous trying to pour boiling water out of heavy tea kettles, and I couldn't stand "microwave tea"...ugh. A friend showed me her little Hot Shot on her counter, taking up a very small amount of space, and we enjoyed some wonderful tea. I knew I had to have it.

I now have one on my counter, and it must get used at least six times a day by the family. I have found that filtered water tastes best, as the hard water from our faucet gives my tea an odd flavor. We also use it for instant coffee, hot chocolate, instant soups, and whenever I need some boiling hot water for a recipe...it's just perfect!

The only negatives are that I wish it would accommodate a taller mug...so many coffee and tea mugs are tall these days, and it just won't fit in the space at all. And, as already mentioned, it is pretty loud and the steam is very hot when opening the lid. But, I can live with that. It makes my tea water in just over a minute and I can't complain about that.

But all in all, it works just fine and makes our lives a little easier, without the fuss of a heavy tea kettle. I can't imagine ever being without one of these wonderful kitchen appliances!

Brew Performance
Excellent. It heats the water perfectly and quickly.

It wipes clean, and I also run vinegar through it once in a while since we have hard water. Cleans like a charm.

Just add water and push the button, and in a little over a minute, you have hot water.

I love how it doesn't take up much room at all, but I do wish it were a bit taller to accommodate taller mugs. That is a bit of an issue, but otherwise, it is fine.

It is used sometimes 6 or more times a day, and always gives perfect results.

great for one

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

I have a regular size coffee maker- up to 10 cups and used to use that everyday. I bought it a few months ago because I don't usually need a lot of coffee at once. I make coffee every morning for my husband and I, then sometimes after dinner. The coffee maker which I had was too big for 2 people, and I didn't want to waste coffee everytime when I make; since the coffee maker was big I usually make 4 cups of coffee at once. This machine works perfect for me because I can make 1 cup of coffee. It is pretty quick and coffee taste great even though it works very fast. It is great for daily use, but you might want to have a regular size coffee maker as well in case when you have guests, or you want to have more than one cup of coffee at once. Otherwise, this coffee maker works great. The price wasn't bother me very much. If someone gives me this macine as a gift, I would be very happy. I personaly think that this is a very good choice as a christmas gift.

The Sunbeam Hot Shot will change your life!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

We have been using this product for years. In fact we love it so much we have turned literally a dozen or more other people onto them and stockpiled them in case our current one should fall into disrepair or become unattractive enought to prevent counter display. (It is certainly not an artisticly designed machine, but we do like to keep it out for convenience sake). First, the drawbacks because there are so few: a) Despite the misleading product name, the only beverage that you can heat in this is water (others will break it) and b) The hinges have been known to snap, but the product still remains completely usable. We LOVE this thing!! It makes up to two cups of boiling water in about a minute! It is so convenient for powdered hot chocolate, tea, oatmeal...the list goes on and ON! It is small, VERY reasonably priced, ergonomically designed, and built to LAST. Ours has been going strong with regular use for almost six years and my sister's much longer. I highly recommend this product -it makes a great gift, whether for a bridal shower or housewarming.

Awesome

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

We received our Hot Shot as a Christmas present several years ago. It has worked like a charm ever since. It is the best thing for heating up a cup of water for tea or hot chocolate. It heats water much faster than a tea kettle or a microwave oven. My husband uses it several times a day to make tea and loves it. The kids use it all the time in the winter to make hot chocolate. We even managed to salvage it after my daughter tried heating milk in it several years ago. After several thorough scrubbings it is almost as good as new. My husband has managed to break the top off of it and although it still works just fine, we will probably be getting a new one very soon. I would definitely recommend the Sunbeam Hot Shot.

I can't live without this Hot Shot

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

I don't know what I did before I owned my first Hot Shot beverage machine. This little gadget is a lifesaver for me! You pour in your water, press a button...wait about ten seconds or so, and *poof*...boiling water. I use it in my office at work to make hot tea, coffee, hot chocolate, instant soup, etc. It takes forever to boil a single cup of water in a microwave, compared to this little baby! The nice thing is that the water goes in by itself, which keeps the unit clean. The water dispenses out into your cup. Thus, you can make your tea and your soup, all within a five-minute period. This unit also has a very small footprint, so it is perfect for an already cluttered countertop, or a small space in your office. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has very little time, but still wants to enjoy a relaxing beverage or a quick cup of soup.

Easy to use and works great!

from Pottstown, PA

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

When we got married my husband had a reallyold hotshot - I had never seen one before. It broke and he was heartbroken to throw it away. A few weeks later I was shopping and saw a new model so I had to buy it. I have to say, I was completely surprised by how great this machine really is! It is very small and compact, but heats just enough water for a full glass/cup. It works very quickly and gets the water extremely hot. The only negative comment I have is that some taller/oversized mugs do not fit underneath the spout. An easy solution is to dispens the water into another cup and transfer it. The inside of the resevoir does stay hot for awhile, so you have to be careful not to burn yourself, but that is true of any device similar to this. It is a great, inexpensive machine and you can't beat how convenient it is to use. It doesn't take up much space on the counter and it is available in several colors so you can match it to most other appliances.

hot shot

from Danbury, CT

Comments about Sunbeam Hot Shot Beverage Machine:

Hot shot machine, heats up really fast and well. Great for single serving of tea or soup if in a hurry.  They do last years unless you press the wrong button and turn it on without water in it. Ok if fast and get the water in but if wait too long the element gets too hot and burns the machine.