4.8

Cons

Perfect Coffee every Morning

from queensland, Australia

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I do drinks coffee in every morning, and it's become one of my habit if you know about Chemex coffeemakers, this is to be expected. The flavor I get out of the coffee is fuller and less acidic by far than other drip coffeemakers I've had in the past--I miss the old style of the cone filters, and this recaptures that perfectly (although the pour is more consistent and gentler, because it's you doing it, rather than the coffee machine overfilling the hopper). The only problems I had were a) cleaning it and b) keeping the coffee warm. I had to acquire one of Chemex's brushes and one of those heat diffusers (for some reason these just aren't sold where I am). It is, however, really easy to clean once you have the brush--there's no tubing, no hard-to-access water reservoir, etc. I suppose the only way to make this better would be for me to get one of those specialized pouring kettles, but at $45 I'll just stick with the measuring cup. It's also very eye-catching, and it instantly becomes a conversation piece for anyone who wanders into my dorm for the first time.

Great cup of coffee, but it takes time

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I received the Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker as a gift from a co-worker and it has been a delight to use. I was immediately amazed by the simplistic design of the coffee maker. I initially used cheap filters instead of the recommended coffee cups to brew my beverage and found them to be more than adequate during the brewing process, but I had to use two at a time to prevent fast brewing. I eventually switched to the recommend filters and found them to be much better. I would load up a single cup with medium grade grounds and slowly pour a small amount of hot water in a circular motion several times until I reached my desired amount. It does take longer than normal for coffee to start dripping from the recommended filters, but I feel it makes a better more efficient cup of coffee. I was impressed with how well this glass coffee maker retained heat after I was done brewing. I have drunk several cups of coffee 30-40 minutes apart and only noticed a slight change in temperature. Cleaning this pot is relatively easy, but I wish I didn't have to remove the leather string and wooden collar to thoroughly rinse it out. I would definitely recommend the Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker to anyone looking to make a nice cup of coffee with time to spare.

Definite energy saver.

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

Overall it's something you should really look into if you're the type to complain about the energy bill like myself.

Brew Performance
    Surprisingly it makes really good coffee. You don't really have that bitter taste if you use their filters which I recommend. It really brings out the taste of special blends and because it's glass theres no plastic taste from the water sitting in a compartment like regular coffee machines.

It's glass so all you really have to do is wipe it out. I stick mines in the dishwasher. I really like that I don't have to worry about cleaning little compartments.

This really has to be the simplest coffee machine in the world. All you have to do is add a filter with grounds and then hot water. My friend can't work a TV remote so when I bought this for her she fell in love.

If you're the art type you'll like this design. I think of it as functional minimalism art work. It also doesn't take up that much room.

It's more sturdy than it looks.

Simple and Functional Coffee Maker

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

The Chemex Glass Coffeemaker has been the easiest coffee maker I have ever seen or used. Because it doesn't have any buttons or electronics you don't have to worry about those breaking or messing up your coffee. This coffeemaker is very simple. All you need to do is use a filter and add your ground coffee to it. Then add boiling water on top and wait for it to drip through. It doesn't take long to make and you can fold up your filter and hold it if you want to have some before it is completely done. Another pro to this coffee maker is that it is made out of glass and very easy to clean. Plastic tends to look bad after a while but the glass can be easily washed out and will look like new.

I originally bought this maker because it was the same style my grandparents and parents used. My parents accidentally dropped theirs and had to get a new one but otherwise it would have lasted a lot longer. If you are looking for longevity this is the way to go.

Classic and Fantastic for keeping it Simple

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I recently purchased this Chemex coffee maker because my wife started to hate our Keurig maker when we moved for the third time into a new home. She said that it didn't fit with the new kitchen (I think that was her only real reason) and was too expensive to keep purchasing pods. In the end, she had me spend an hour with her in the kitchen section of Macy's looking for a new coffee maker, just to end up buying what I thought at the time was just a piece of glass. After using it, however, I have found it to be great to have. Even though it isn't quite as simple as regular coffee maker since you need to heat up water separately, the coffee that comes from it tastes fresh, bold, and flavorful. When comparing it to other coffee makers I have had, while it isn't one that you can just set and walk away, it is ideal for those that appreciate coffee and take their time to enjoy it. As a bonus, it is easy to clean and it's fairly durable. Overall, I would recommend this to people that, as I said, take the time to make their coffee and appreciate the retention of flavor in every cup.

• Brew Performance:

This makes a delicious, rich cup of coffee.

from West Virginia

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I was a little bit skeptic when this was given to me as a gift. My grandparents know I have been into healthier living and thought this would be good substitute to my electric coffee maker. I thought this looked neat but I was clueless at first about it. I was nervous the coffee would be thick and sour and disgusting but I was proven wrong. You don't have to do a full eight cups either. It has a very elegant design that doesn't even look like a coffee maker.

The glass makes this up my alley. I hate using plastic for anything I don't have to. The filters are good and thick for this and when you brew it out, it comes out rich and perfect everytime. It definitely brews some of the best homemade coffee I have drank.

Brew Performance
    I love the brew performance of this. I had no idea what to expect but I am in love with this thing. The brew takes a little bit longer and it is more tedious but the quality of the coffee makes it worth all the extra effort.

This is extremely easy to clean. I use a baby bottle brush on it and it works perfectly.

This is very easy to use, however not as convenient as an electric one may be. It cleans up easy too.

I love the design of this. It has a nice wood trim around it with some leather tied on and it gives it a nice, elegant look for what it is.

I am very careful with this but I imagine things would go terribly wrong if it were dropped.

elegant coffee maker.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I originally picked up the Chermex - Cup Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker, not because I needed a new a new coffee maker, but because I like the way it looks It's a very elegant looking coffee maker. It comes in several different sizes but I got the 8 cup size. It looks beautiful with the nice leather tie and wood on the outside. I have never seen or used another coffee maker like this. I even like this better then the French press.

It's very simple and easy to use, that's what I really like about it besides the look of the coffee maker. I find that it makes a very rich tasting, wonderful cup of coffee every time I use it.

I've stored all of my other coffee makers under the cabinets, and only keep this one out now.

Brew Performance
    It makes a great cup of coffee, and it tastes great every time I use it. You can make your coffee how ever you like it with this coffee maker. My brew is always strong and fresh tasting.

I just rinse it out with a little bit of warm soapy water, dry it, and that's it.

It's super easy to use. You just have to add a filter, add your preferred coffee grounds, and then pour in the boiling water. That is it!

It's such a pretty coffee maker. The glass, shape, and design of this coffee maker is very modern chic. It's so simple though, and that's what I love about it. I like to leave it out on my counter because of how nice it looks.

I would say it's not very durable because it's made of glass. And even though the glass is thick with this coffee maker If you aren't careful with this and drop it, it will definitely break. But if you don't break it, it will last forever.

• Brew Performance:

Chemex is elegant and makes great coffee

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I love my Chemex 8-Cup Glass Coffeemaker. I have always purchased and used the traditional electronic coffeemakers. However, the look of this one just caught my eye and inspired me to give it a try. I am very happy I did and am pleased with it.

Brew Performance
    The Chemex makes an excellent cup of coffee. Of course, the quality of coffee or coffee beans you use is going to effect this. However, I have used the same coffee in both this and my electronic coffeemaker. The Chemex produces a better tasting cup of coffee.

This coffeemaker is very easy to clean. I just rinse it out or wash and dry it.

This is easy to use. It is different but I just followed the directions and picked up how to use it quickly.

This has a great design. It looks unique and pretty. I love the all glass and wood design.

It is made of glass so handling with care is necessary. However, it is fairly study glass. I've bumped and knocked it against stuff without it breaking.

• Brew Performance:

The most unique coffee maker I've ever owned!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

I received this coffee maker as a housewarming gift from an old friend of mine. When I first got it, I was a little nervous to try it out. After using it, I realized what an amazing invention this is. It brews the perfect cup of coffee every time. I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone who wants a stylish, innovative way to make coffee.

Brew Performance
    The Chemex glass coffee maker brews delectable coffee. It's always steaming hot, and it never tastes bitter. I love really rich and flavorful coffee, so this glass coffee maker is perfect for me.

This is definitely the easiest coffee maker I've ever cleaned. I just soak it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes, and it's clean!

At first, this was a bit difficult to use. Although after you practice using it and get the hang of it, it becomes quite simple.

This coffee maker is absolutely gorgeous. I love how simple the design is. Very chic!

This coffee maker is not as durable as most coffee makers considering it is made of glass.

Beautiful coffee

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Chemex 8-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffeemaker:

This is one of my favorite coffee makers. It is absolutely beautiful and it makes a wonderful cup of coffee. Many of the people who see it in my home ask what it is because it does not look like something that would make coffee.

Brew Performance
    This glass coffee maker makes a delicious cup of coffee. I typically prefer a French press, but every now and then I will bring this one out and use it instead and the coffee is just as good.

Because it uses a filter, cleanup isn't that hard. However, if you leave coffee in it and you get that residue on the bottom half, it is hard to clean it out because of the shape of it.

Extremely easy to use.

Could there be a more beautiful way to make coffee? I just love the look of this glass coffee maker. When not in use, I leave it out on my countertop just because it is so pretty. And many people ask about it when they see it.

It is glass so it is fragile. That being said, if you take care of it it will last you for years. Just don't drop it!