Other Coffee Makers:

Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

If you LOVE coffee you need a Bunn ThermoFresh & a French press.

I bought my Bunn "Thermo Fresh" coffee pot about two years ago after losing custody of my regular Bunn coffee pot in a bad divorce.  (Yes, it was terrible!  Lost the espresso machine too!)  That's ok though--I upgraded to the Bunn thermal pot and LOVE it!  I even bought an extra carafe so I can brew iced tea and have coffee at the same time.

The thermal carafe keeps the coffee hot and fresh tasting for several hours--much longer than I thought it would.  It's dishwasher safe and comes out like new every time.

It does seem a bit expensive compared to what you'll find just anywhere, but this is a really durable long-lasting "forever" type appliance.  My mom just bought a new Bunn pot only because she was tired of the old one--it still worked after 10 years or so!  (This is why you have to fight for them in a divorce...unless you just want a newer model.)

These pots make barely any noise and do not sputter and spit like cheaper coffee pots.  They also spray water on the coffee grinds more like a shower instead of just dripping or dribbling onto the grinds, so you get full saturation and flavor from your coffee without it taking all day.  There's not so much backsplash onto the spray area either, so less mess to wipe off there.  Quite low maintenance actually, which I like.  You do need to make at least a half pot of coffee... but for just 2 cups why not use a French press & wait 4 minutes?  YUM!

Energy hog, I don't see the attraction.

Oh lord, make SURE you put in the grounds before the water! My husband bought this and he normally makes the coffee in it. If I'm home alone, I use the french press which I feel makes better quality coffee, but not in enough volume for two of us. Since I don't use it that often, I have a habit of setting it up like I do my pot at work - dump in the water, put in the grounds, press start.

On this machine though, water starts gushing through before you hit the front start button, which is stupid. Water and coffee grounds end up gushing all over the counter and floor, and you have to decide whether to brave sticking your hands in the hot running water and trying to fix it without burning yourself, or just to let the 10 cups of hot water spew all over your kitchen.

I also have an issue with the hot water chamber. I see a lot of people happy with how quickly you can get that first cup in the morning because the water's already hot, and my husband likes that feature. Environmentally though it makes no sense to use all that energy to keep the water hot all night just to save a couple minutes in the morning. It ought to have a timer built in so you can preset it to heat up 10 or 20 minutes before you wake up.

As for the coffee quality, like I said, I'm spoiled on the french press, and it's not as good as that - so I don't get the point of spending such an insane amount of money for a so-so cup of coffee that wastes so much energy.

Brew Performance
Nothing outstanding, nothing horrible.

Love it!!!

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Features
  • Ugly Design

• Everyday
  • Home
  • Office
  • Weekends

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

After griping about buying such an expensive coffee maker, I agreed to pay for half with my boyfriend. I absolutely do not regret it! I drink coffee daily, and love this coffee maker. It holds hot water in the back, so it's ready to go whenever you want coffee. A word of caution - make sure to turn the heater OFF when it won't be used for a while, otherwise your coffee maker will overheat and be ruined. Otherwise, when using it every/every other day, no problems. It's super convenient and I would definitely buy it again.

Not a dependable brewer..sometimes it's full..sometimes half..

from Floral Park, NY

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I have had this brand for about 4 years now. Every year it needs replacement. The current one was a replacement from the company for one that wouldn't turn on. Now in the morning I either get half a pot or a counter full of coffee. When I contacted the company they gave a few instructions than hasn't changed a thing about the way in which it brews. I am tired of cleaning up after it or having a half pot of disgusting coffee. Don't really think its the best pot for me. But when it brews properly the coffee is good and it brews quickly.

Brew Performance
it's either half a pot or a full counter of coffee. When it does brew the coffee is easy to prepare and it does make a nice HOT cup of coffee.

Pot cleans up quickly. Descaling is pretty easy too.

When it works properly it's really a great pot that make nice HOT coffee..

If there is any overflow it drips around the heating plate and finds it way all over the counter.

Shouldn't have to replace this pot on a yearly basis for the cost of the item

• Brew Performance:

Everything I wanted in a coffee maker

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I shopped around for quite a while before I decided which coffee maker I wanted to buy. With so many models coming with 10-million features, I just wanted something to make coffee, not launch the space shuttle.

I finally came across the Bunn 10-Cup model, and I seriously couldn't be happier with this thing!

With my last Mr. Coffee coffee maker, I had such a difficult time with my coffee not being hot enough. With this one, however, it's always the perfect temperature. Amazingly enough, this model also keeps my coffee in the pot hot for an extremely long time. I love that! There's nothing worse than having your second cup of coffee be cold.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this Bunn coffee maker. It makes a delicious, non-complicated cup of coffee.

If don't need a fancy, 50-step cup of coffee, then this is the perfect coffee maker for that!

Also, I love that this one is so easy to clean. It only takes me a few minutes to clean it, which is something I really appreciate in a coffee maker.

Fast and Fresh Every Morning

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

After owning a previous Bunn coffeemaker for twelve years, I passed it on to my son to use in his new apartment and replaced it with this model. I am very pleased with this coffee maker and expect to get years of service from it. The brew time is approximately five minutes and the coffee is delicious. I know from previous experience that customer service from the Bunn company is stellar. I needed a replacement part, and it was shipped, free of charge, within 48 hours.

Brew Performance
Not only is the brewing process extremely fast, the end product is consistent and delicious.

A small snake is included. I use it monthly to clean the innards of the brewer and then run a cycle of white vinegar, followed by two cycles of water.

There is nothing to it. Fill the basket with fresh coffee grounds and pour a pot of water. Five minutes later-enjoy.

This is my only complaint with this coffee maker. The spout of the carafe could be better designed. If I pour too quickly I end up with coffee on the counter.

Because of my experience with my previous Bunn, I expect many years of use,

• Brew Performance:

14 years and still going strong.

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Love my Bunn. My mom has had the same Bunn coffee pot for at least 14 years and I have had mine for the last 2 years. It is not very hard to clean at all just cleaned the tank and it was very easy and simple to take apart and put back together. I have my own well and if you do as well I suggest using filtered water. My water is rusty, so it makes the coffee taste rusty. Plus having to clean it more often due to the rust. Can't for get to clean the (water dispenser, above the grounds) this will get packed with lime, rust etc. Makes mornings easy just get the filter ready the night before and makes the whole process of making coffee easier in the mornings. It is Best to use this every day or the water level will gradually decrease due to it constantly keeping the water hot in the reservoir. This coffee pot is definitely not for the light coffee drinkers that's for sure.

Brew Performance
makes a great cup of joe!

• Brew Performance:

Best high-temp, fast brewing coffeemaker

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

The Bunn coffeemaker stores water and maintaines it at a high-temp so that when you're ready to brew, the water is already scolding hot. The hotter the water, the better coffee brews and tastes. It is very easy to use. No difficult instructions. The only issue or option that I feel is missing is a timer. I would like to be ability to set the coffeemaker to automatically start brewing in the mornings.

Brew Performance
The hotter the water the better the coffee brews and tastes. This coffeemaker is by far, the best I've had in getting the water super hot.

Very easy to clean. Not a whole lot of parts to remove and clean. Easily wipe it down with some 409 and kitchen sponge.

If you can scoop coffee and pour water, then you'll have no problem at all using this coffeemaker. Only wish it had a timer.

Sleek. Black and silver. Not large and bulky. Fits into the kitchen nicely. Doesn't stick out.

Heavy. Not flimsey at all.

• Brew Performance:

Bunn is an excellent, efficient, and quick coffee maker!

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

My husband and I bought our Bunn coffee maker over 5 years ago and it has been the best investment we’ve ever made. It makes a full ten cup pot in 3 minutes, incredibly easy to clean, very easy to maintain, any brand filter can be used, and we’ve not had to make any repairs to it since we bought it. Between the two of us, we drink a pot and a half of coffee every day. Considering this and the fact that it has traveled all over the country, you couldn’t ask for a better, more durable coffee maker. We’ve had family with this same coffee maker for over ten years and it still does a great job. If you’re looking for a great coffee maker and easy investment in your daily life, this is the best choice!

The Best Coffee Maker I Ever Owned

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

BUNN has perfected the art in coffee making! Not only is there always a hot pot waiting for you (which is a necessity) but it's easy to clean simple to use and extremely durable. I made a horrible mistake and bought a Keurig, and not long after lamented the loss of my BUNN. There is no need to set timers for your morning cup of coffee with a BUNN because within minutes it is piping hot and ready. BUNN is by far the best coffee maker made!

Brew Performance
There is no comparison BUNN is the best. It is drip coffee ready in minutes. And you choose the roast of coffee!

Super easy just a little white vinegar and water and it's perfectly new

Pour in the water and flip the lid down and coffee within a couple minutes anyone can do that.

It is basic which I like who wants a coffee pot that has a million buttons. Or that is over imposing

Mine lasted for years the only reason I needed to get rid of it was the pot cracked due to an accident. If not for the accident it would've lasted for much longer.

• Brew Performance:

Good machine for making brewed iced tea

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

Really enjoy the taste of brewing my iced tea in this coffee maker. One item of note is that this machine is intended for daily use. If you don't plan to use it daily, you must unplug it to keep it from using electricity. When you use it next, you'll have to re-heat the entire reserve.

• Brew Performance:

BUNN Coffeemakers are a must for people with a busy routine

Comments about Bunn 10-Cup Home Coffee Maker:

I must have my coffee in the morning, but don't want to wait 10-15 minutes for it to brew. BUNN makes my coffee in just 2 minutes, making it an asset to my daily routine.

Super Fast!

Exactly what you would expect

Just put your filter in, add coffee, and dump water....doesn't get much easier than that.

Takes up a bit more space than a standard coffeemaker, because of the reserved water tank, but it isn't oddly shaped.

Never had any problems