Other Blenders:
TB-611-20, HPA-621-25, TB-621-20, HPA-631-20, 00, 00
Blendtec Total Blender Classic
Rca_2013_normal

Blendtec Total Blender Classic

Pros

• Easy to clean (18)
  • Good power output (16)
  • Good pitcher (12)
  • Precise control (12)
  • Stable (10)

Cons

• Unstable (4)

• Drinks (18)
  • Cooking (13)
  • Crushing ice (11)
  • Small kitchen (10)
  • Large kitchen (9)
    • Blending Power:
    • Versatility:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (9), Gourmet chef (6), Avid cook (3)

I Love, Love, Love my Blendtec Total Blender

I can't say enough how much I love my BlendtecTotal Blender.  It is a blender that does the job of several kitchen appliances.  This blender chops ice, grinds grains and makes peanut butter and bread dough.  It can also be used to make juices and soups.  The smoothies I make are very smooth and free of little pieces of ice that many other blenders leave.

The Blendtec Total Blender has 6 preprogrammed touchpad buttons for smoothies, ice cream, soups, sauces, juice etc. so all one has to do is push the button and the blender does the rest.  It starts out slow, then speeds up and slows to pull the contents down into the blade, then when the cycle is complete the blender stops automatically.

Another advantage of the Blendtec Total Blender is it's one piece 64 oz polycarbonate jar.  Since it is one piece it never has to be taken apart to be cleaned, thus no leaking through the seal etc.

This blender is a commercial quality blender for the home user.  Yes, it is a more expensive blender but I feel is way worth the price I paid.

Blendtech Blender

I like this blender, but I have had a lot of messes caused by the lid not staying on when the blender is going full force. I have to stand there and hold my hand securely on the lid every time I use it for the duration of the blending process. It is a real pain! I think the lid could have been designed much better and the newer models may, in fact, have a better lid. I like having an extra container, also.

Blending Power
It blends everything very smooth, but it is rather noisy, especially if you have ice or frozen fruit chunks. I have had some of the more stringy vegetables get caught on the blades and not get blended.

Versatility
Things have to be placed in the blender in a specific order or it won't do the job properly. I like all the different choices of speeds this blender offers.

The blender often doesn't get very clean when I blend soap and water so I have to use a non-abrasive scrubber to get the sides clean.

This blender holds a large amount of food, so I can blend smoothies for 3 of us at the same time. It pours nicely.

I like the Wild Side container better than the 4 sided container, but I wish the lid had a clamp on it to keep it in place.

This blender is really tough and should last for a long, long time.

I would buy again

from Simpsonville, SC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Powerful
  • Stable

Cons

• very loud

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I love it to make smoothies and milkshakes. I have used it for salsa's and dips as well. I'm not an adventurous cook but for those who are soups and stuff would be great in this.

Is there anything this can't do?!

from Indiana

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Good Pitcher
  • Long-Lasting
  • Powerful
  • Precise Control
  • Stable
  • Versatile

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I cannot say enough good things about this blender. I originally bought it for smoothie, which it does a fantastic job of handling. The special design of the pitcher makes the ingredients blend very smoothly and consistently. Sauces and soups in this blender are also perfect. I love how silky and creamy I can make a vegetable based soup without having to add cream or cheese. Calories saved!

Today I made two huge pans of lasagna from scratch and used the blender for three different things. First, I used it to grind my Parmesan cheese, which saved me money - block cheese is cheaper and doesn't contain the cellulose than pre-shredded does. Then I used the blender on a low pulse to process the carrots, onions, and celery for my sauce. And I used it to puree the stewed whole tomatoes, which saved me time and mess not crushed them by hand. Not only did it save me the chopping time, but I was able to get fine enough pieces of vegetables to make the cooking process faster.

I worked as a barista for years and we had two of the other leading luxe blenders...and they were awful to use in comparison! When they broke we replaced them with Blendtecs and they've been going strong in a commercial environment for 8+ years now!

Almost to powerful

from Charlotte, NC

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I do use this a lot, but I sometimes feel as though the blend is to powerful. When it is done with most things there is a film of foam at the top, almost as if it were puréed beyond the point it should have been. Some things can be mixed back together, but some things cannot. I use the quick button more often than anything because I can control the outcome better. Some of the setting are too powerful. Overall I will probably have this and use it for a very long time. I have had it for about 8 years. The company is very good though, and the warranty is. My machine started smoking one day and I called and they just sent me a new one, with no problems.

Love this blender!

from Paducah, KY

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
      • Good Pitcher
      • Powerful
      • Precise Control
      • Stable

Makes great smoothies!

good one

from mn

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
        • Powerful
        • Precise Control
        • Stable

for juicing n grinding

i like this

from charo.com

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

good

nice and classic

from iraq

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • Good Pitcher
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control

Cons

• Unstable

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I have had many blenders over the years and they all seem to give out for one reason or another. I finally made the switch to Blendtec after hearing from so many of my friends how much they love theirs.

I love it! We have made smoothies, batter for desserts and waffles, milkshakes, etc. This blender has no problem with ice or frozen fruit. It just crushes right through it!

The jar is amazing and very large capacity which makes it so I don't have to do certain recipes in batches. It cleans up so easily too! You just put a cup of water and 1 drop of dish soap in it and then pulse for 5-10 minutes and it's clean! I love that you don't have to take apart any of the pieces to get it clean (other than the lid). I think that helps so that the individual components of the blade do not get worn out or put back on wrong. So I think this is a great design for a blender since the blade and pitcher are one piece.

I love that there are so many settings to choose from when using the blender. I no longer have to get out my food processor to puree things or make salsa or jam. This blender does all of that as well!

The customer service is also phenomenal. When we have had issues, they are quick to replace things free of charge!

Blender for life

from Los Angeles

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
          • fits on counter under cabinets
          • Good Pitcher
          • Powerful
          • Precise Control
          • Stable

• bread dough
            • ice cream
            • sauces
            • smoothies
            • soup

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

Used daily. Research Blendtec and Vitamix. Picked blendtec for the lower height of the jar and the price point is much lower than the Vitamix. I am completely satisfied. Highly recommended.

Preferred choice

from riwass, iq

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean
            • Good Pitcher
            • Powerful

Cons

• Complicated Controls
            • Unstable

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

Good in the engine, which contains the cracking ice during a power juicer

I love this blender

from youtube

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Stable

Cons

• Not Powerful

Comments about Blendtec Total Blender Classic:

I love this blender. I got it because I wanted to make green smoothies and kale is hard to blend with a regular blender. I usually make juices (and my take on milk tea: green tea, honey, and almond milk). I wish I had the other add-on so I can blend things like sauces and even make peanut butter (or whatever). The blender is very powerful and can be quite loud unless you use the pulse button. It is very stable. Everything is well made. I got in April 2015 and it is still good.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand