2.8

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Plans:

I saved over $700 per year with AAA insurance!

I've been a member of the AAA Auto Club for several years but I never considered switching over my insurance coverage because I never thought that I had the need to. Boy, was I ever wrong! After a recommendation from a friend, I finally switched over to AAA Insurance and it was the best decision that I've made financially in months.

Switching over to AAA homeowner's and automotive Insurance saved my household over $700 PER YEAR! Yes, that's right - over $700 annually from what I was paying previously. You can imagine the head-slapping that I gave myself for not switching over years sooner.

AAA also offers membership in their Auto Club which includes such services as emergency roadside assistance, discount travel services, discount tickets to theme parks and attractions, Triptiks, tourbooks, maps, discounted retail prices at local businesses, online savings, and more. AAA also publishes a bi-monthly magazine called AAA Living that contains a lot of useful information including child seat safety, travel deals, coupons, etc.

I highly recommend contacting AAA Insurance to see if they can save you money like they did for me. In addition to competitive prices, AAA also has excellent customer service and great products. I plan to be a AAA member for life.

Customer Service
The annual savings from switching to AAA Insurance are for the same coverages that I had with my previous insurer and also include a trailer that we didn't have covered before. Our AAA Insurance agent is terrific and she asked the right questions to determine our needs, which is why the trailer is now covered. The transition from our previous insurer to AAA went smoothly and my agent provided excellent communication, competency, and efficiency. She even gave me her personal cell phone number if I needed to contact her outside of normal business hours. Who does that anymore?

Available Plans
We were so impressed with our AAA homeowner's and automotive insurance that we decided to use AAA for our life insurance needs as well. We were referred to another AAA agent that specializes in life insurance and our experience working with her was excellent.

AAA Homeowner's Insurance is not very homeowner friendly!

After a couple of years of having my car insurance and roadside assistance policy with AAA Insurance Company, I decided to try and save some money on my homeowner's and car insurance policies by combining them all through AAA, which offers discounts for combining them. What a disaster! First of all, the car insurance only dropped by a couple of percentage points, and the homeowners stayed about the same as my existing company, but I figured "hey $80.00 for six months  is still something!" And having all of my policies together would be easy, right? Wrong! Our house is almost sixty years old and needs some maintainance, but it is certainly not falling down. After several weeks with AAA we were told that we needed to add or replace exterior trim around windows we were installing. NOW! And we had to replace our exterior water heater, several years old  but in good condition, NOW! Or no deal. And there was more on their list! Good thing I kept our previous policy in force, just in case. If you're considering a change, be sure your agent doesn't reel you in then throw you to the sharks!

Worst service and rip off company

from INDIANAPOLIS IN

Comments about AAA Insurance:

I have been a home policy holder for about 4 years, at first the company was called CSAA Fire & Casualty Insurance Company then the name was changed to AAA insurance. My problem started with a leak in my kitchen, well my kitchen pipes are also connected to my bathroom pipes and after getting the kitchen pipes fixed the bathroom pipes became clogged so I got those fixed as well only to find out the pipes had been leaking inside the walls, considering I don't have the ability to look through the walls I never knew, Mold was inside the walls so I did what I was suppose to do and called my insurance company AAA, for them to sent 3 different people out to check and then send me a letter telling me there was nothing they would do, because it was a long time problem and I should have seen the problem before now, remember it was and still is inside the walls. I wish I had known the you just pay insurance year after year and when you need them to fix something inside your walls you are just stuck, Also my roof had some rotten boards on it and somehow in my paper work the insurance company said I had a new roof put on my house in 2009, which is not true after asking about that I was told it was Agent error, and I could not get a new roof because the rot was just normal wear and tear, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOU JUST PAY, PAY, PAY, THEN YOU GET A LETTER SAYING IF YOU DONT FIT EVERTHING YOU TRIED TO GET YOUR INSURANCE TO FIX WE ARE GOING TO DROP YOUR INSURANCE, OK FINE THEN SEND MY EVERY DIME I HAVE SENT YOU IN THE LAST 4 YEARS AND I WILL FIX IT, I NEVER KNEW THIS COULD HAPPEN.

Stay away from Ryan Johns

from Poway Sabre Spring

Comments about AAA Insurance:

Do not buy or consult auto insurance from Ryan Johns . He work at poway Sabre Spring AAA auto insurance. He will trick your with minimal coverage( he said you buy minimal cover so lawyer will not after your money !!! Is that true? Then you don't really need insurance) and discount he talksed about is after 12 month of your dividend. When some thing happen. You will be deep deep trouble . I have AAA 25 years and love AAA . Now I start doubt it,but why AAA such big company hire this kiind of employee. It's not good for company business and not good for customers. I like give people good review,but first time terrible experience, so disappointed .Stay away from him for your own good.

Terrible customer service, worst insurance I ever had.

from Palm Beach Florida

Comments about AAA Insurance:

I am in my 50's and have had auto and homeowners insurance forever. AAA was and is by far the worst insurance I have ever had. Yes my auto and homeowners went down a bit, but beware!!! In year 2 it all went back up to even more that what I was paying before. I had the package plan with them. When trying to talk to them, they yelled at me and refused to let me at least take the auto insurance off. When I cancelled the policy and got an insurance company, they never logged it in their system. I received a cancellation letter 6 months later. I called them and they stated that it was due to my auto insurance was not paid in full. I told them that I already cancelled it 6 months ago. They proceeded to take the home owners insurance and a partial payment of my auto insurance out of my escrow ($1500). Finally after proving I had coverage they refunded me the money. The pain I had to go through was just out right WRONG! Stay away from AAA insurance. WORST EVER !

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Injured Passenger

from Dallas

Comments about AAA Insurance:

I do not have AAA Insurance but my child was in a friends car when an accident occurred. They had full coverage and coverage for injured passenger. While the Dallas Police wrote up the report they were informed of the injury to her neck and shoulder by me. This happened over the Thanksgiving week. I waited over the holiday to see if the injury would get better but it did not. Once the doctors office reopened over the holiday we called and my health insurance refused to pay due to it occurring during a accident. I contacted the claims adjuster thanks to the parents of the driver and he inputted the information and told me that another individual would be calling me (name withheld) within 24 hrs. I had no calls and no response to the situation. So basically I had no one to help me with a 15 year old girl in pain and waking up at night hurting. The driver of the vehicle is getting her car fixed and has been given a rental during repairs however please be aware even if you pay for injury your passengers maybe left in the dark like my child.

Terrible customer service

from Pacoima, CA

Comments about AAA Insurance:

Company denied insurance, three months into the contract, base on lies, they would not provide proof no matter the requests. Agent would not return calls, senior officers ignore request for clarification

Will never insure with AAA again

from Marquette, MI

Comments about AAA Insurance:

We have been insured with AAA for both our house and vehicle for many years with no claims. We returned home from a winter away to find our roof shingles were starting to buckle. We contacted AAA regarding any possible insurance claim. We received a letter a couple of weeks later stating that this wasn't covered as we used 'organic' shingles. I don't know what organic shingles are but we purchased what we thought were 30 year shingles about 15 years ago and did so in good faith. We don't know who the manufacturer was and the installer is no longer in business (He retired and has subsequently died.). We weren't pleased but accepted it. Today we received a letter from AAA cancelling our insurance stating that "... the roof on the dwelling presents an increased exposure to weather-related losses." Frankly, we WILL move to another insurance company but this incident shows AAA for the money grubbing, dishonorable company that they are. I've been a AAA member now for 23 year and I will be cancelling that as well.

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE - MOSTLY

from Stockton, CA

Comments about AAA Insurance:

I moved to Stockton, CA in April 2015, and attempted to move my renter's insurance policy from AAA along with me. After 3 months, and five phone calls, I believe today - TODAY - I was finally able to change my address on my policy. The first three phone calls I will chalk up to inability to follow through and, most likely, pure laziness. The fourth phone call was to a really nasty piece of work. I ended up speaking to a supervisor who made promises - including a phone call to let me know the address change was completed - and then promptly dropped me. Two weeks later - today - I called again to find out that no changes have been made - including my phone number - and AAA does not make any comments on your policy, so there is essentially no record of me ever calling. My recommendation - go to Farmers, they have better and cheaper policies, better systems, and much nicer agents. I shall be moving my renter's policy, my daughter's renter's policy, my auto policy, and my roadside assistance. I have been a AAA customer for more than 25 years! Everyone I have spoken to on the phone says they are sorry for all the trouble I have experienced, but it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Bad Insurance and LIES

from Kansas City

Comments about AAA Insurance:

We had some SEVERE storms in our area, and called AAA when our roof began to leak, and ruin our ceiling. We called AAA and got them out as soon as possibly considering we had several more storms on the way. I took off work to meet with the guy coming to inspect the roof, who said there was damage and he would be writing the report stating that the roof needed replaced due to damage, and that we would receive a letter with a check to help with the damages.
A week later another adjuster called and stated that the photos that were taken were not clear and he needed to come out and look at it. Then four days later and two more rainy nights he calls to tell us that our insurance is not going to cover any of the damage, and that the issues with our roof our due to "installation".

Failure to Disclose

from Thousand Oaks, CA

Comments about AAA Insurance:

I contacted AAA for an auto insurance quote and ended up getting a bundled offer of homeowner's and auto that looked like a good deal. After a few easy questions we were signed up and paid thru the first six months. The only thing left to do was to cancel my existing homeowner's and auto insurance -which I took care of promptly.

Not quite two months later I received a letter from AAA's underwriting department stating that it was terminating my property insurance because we live in area of elevated brush fire risk. A phone call to their underwriter revealed that AAA's guidelines are clear with regard to a dwelling's distance from an open natural space that is a potential fire risk (within 300 feet to be exact). The sales person failed to check and/or ask me about where our southern California house is located. Sounds like an innocuous mistake, but every insurance company I contacted asked me about our location within a few minutes of taking my information. Further, every company had information on so-called zones of "elevated risk" at their fingertips. It popped up on their computers. I didn't know our area was flagged because our insurance (which I was perfectly happy with) had auto-renewed for seven consecutive years without a raise in premium. This company will not take us back because of the elevated brush fire risk our area poses.

The AAA underwriting and sales managers who heard my complaints acknowledged their salesperson's error in not pulling up the right system during my call, but steadfastly claimed that nothing could be done about it. In summary AAA would do nothing to rectify an admitted error that harmed a customer except jettison the risk.

the worst unprofessional customer care

Comments about AAA Insurance:

Semi truck crushed the car in parking lot, did not leave a note.
Filed claim with AAA, towed the car to a tow yard. 4 days later the car is still sitting in Tow Yard. Claim adjuster never called. Dialed customer service and demanded on vehicle to be transfered from Tow Yard into their appraisal shop. It took them 2 days finally to get the car to an appraisal.
Have not heard anything from AAA for 6 days. Called myself and was told it's totaled and they will send a check.
14 days passed by since the accident. Still have not got a check and never spoke to my claim adjuster !!!!!!!!
Called total loss dept, and they said they still haven't processed the payment.
Make a story short, THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESIONAL.

• Customer Service: