Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels

Pros

Cons

Love this product

I have seasonal allergies, and the season seems to last all year. That is what happens when you live in Texas. I have tried all the allergy medicines. Benydryl puts me to sleep. Claritin works, but just not as well as Zyrtec.

I just take a Zyrtec before I go to bed at night, and it lasts a full day. I tend to spend a good deal of my day outside, so this really helps.

I generally start taking this in the spring and just take it every night during the allergy season.

Very effective keeping the symptoms at bay. If I don't take it, I wake up sneezing and coughing and having watery eyes.

As long as I take Zyrtec daily, I rarely have symptoms. If I skip a day, I can definitely feel the difference.

Just pop the pill in your mouth with water. That is pretty easy!

I do like the liquid gels, as they seem to go down better.

Immediacy
Since I take it before I go to bed, I'm not sure how long it takes to start being effective. It is in full effect when I wake up in the morning.

Works great.... But.....

Worked great, but has it's problems. It was recommended I use for my constant headaches due to allergies. I was constantly getting sinus infections. Within a few days, I was feeling better, and the headaches were less and less. When winter came, I decided I won't need to take them. And that's when the problems started. About a week after my last pill I got a good case of the hives. I managed to clear them up and the same thing happened again the next day. This was going on every other day. I'd pop a zyrtec, clear up, go about my own way, and repeat the whole thing again, I knew I didn't have anything different, food, environment, soaps, nothing. I did a search and found a lot of people had the same problem. I literally had to wean myself off of it, and than deal with hives on and off for about 2 weeks. When my husband saw what was happening to me, he decided to stop using it too and went through similar results, but not as bad as me. Now I'm not saying this will definitely happen to everybody, but as a warning in case it does to wean yourself off of it. I asked my doctor about it, and he said he never heard of it.

Helped get rid of my sinus problems due to allergies.

Simple to use, just pop a pill and you're done.

Immediacy
I didn't notice relief for a couple days, but when it involves sinus and congestion, it may take time to clear up.

Zyrtec - for me not perfect, but somewhat effective

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Zyrtec is one of the few antihistamine products that works for me, without making me very drowsy. I do have allergy problems and get weekly allergy shots (2 shots, they couldn't put everything I needed into 1 shot. I still do experience some drowsiness with this med, but it is possible that it is because it relieves me of so much misery. Without the allergy shots, I would wake up every morning with a very sore throat, and even with them, I still need some help from antihistamines. I used to get a prescription with both an antihistamine and decongestant. But all prescription meds made for that combination are no longer marketed, so I need some OTC help. I should also mention that I take prescription Singulair nightly and still need OTC help. Without the allegry shots, and without the Singulair, I have tried to get along with zyrtec, and it was a failure for me without the other preventions, but it was far better than noting. Yes you can see if an antihistamine is working.

Effective but expensive

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Zyrtec is easily the most effective allergy med I've ever taken. Its daily cost is high, though, even if, like me, you get along fine on the child dose. It would be the perfect allergy med if it didn't cost so much. Weighing cost against benefit, I usually find I can cobble together a suitable solution for myself out of a combination of much less expensive products. If I had more discretionary spending to work with I would stay on it though, and that's a fact.

There's no denying that Zyrtec is effective. I suffer from a cornucopia of allergies and this product lessens all of the symptoms, from the itchy and be-circled eyes to the sinus pressure and sneezing.

Zyrtec gel tabs are fairly easy to use. Just take one per day. Trying to remember to take it at about the same time per day is the only (minor) complication.

Immediacy
Gel tabs dissolve fast with no stomach discomfort. The product works quickly, and if you're taking a daily dose about the same time each day then you can maintain a steady dose and never have to worry about it wearing off.

Works great.... But.....

from Ocean Gate, NJ

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Helped get rid of my sinus problems due to allergies.

Simple to use, just pop a pill and you're done.

Great Product for the Price

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

If you haven't tried this product out, I recommend you do it. My allergies are extremely heavy between March and June, and between August and October. I always have 2 bottle of Zyrtec when the allergy season starts up. I take 1 pill every morning and most of the time it seems to handle all of the allergies that I can acquire throughout the day.

This is an excellent product and I recommend this above others.

This product was very effective in handling my seasonal allergies. I always have itchy and watery eyes during those particular months. I am always embarrassed especially when working when I go to meet people and my eyes are bloodshot red and watery from all the nastiness in the air.

This product is very easy to use. All you do is swallow a pill every morning and watch it as it goes to work. You will be allergy free on most days.

Immediacy
This product was immediately effective. I take a pill every morning at 7:30 a.m. and as soon as I leave the door I can notice a difference. Excellent Product!

• Immediacy:

Allergy relief without the cloudiness or drowsiness.

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Zyrtec was the first allergy medication I tried that didn't make me feel dopey or cloudy. It handled the itchy, scratchy, blurry, eye-watering, congested, head-in--vice, and snotty symptoms that taunts many allergy sufferers, without feeling like I was stuck in a foggy gray cloud or knocking me out - What a relief!
My hubby (severly worse allergies than me) and I have also tried the generic version and found it just wasn't the same - not nearly as effective. Anything that works for hubby, is amazing - As long as we stick to the real deal - Zyrtec.

Immediacy
When I'm miserable and all stuffed up, I'm not a pleasant person to be around. A few other products I've tried either took forever for minimal relief or wasn't effective at all, even after taking an extra dose. And who wants all those chemicals in their bodies, I prefer less medication myself!
Thank goodness I found Zyrtec, which proved to be very effective in a reasonable time. Everyone's different, for me it takes away my symptoms within 45 minutes. And everyone here at home prefers a happy "lets go out and play in all the pollen" mommy than a grumpy "I'm miserable, please go away" mommy, LOL.

Love this product

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Just pop the pill in your mouth with water. That is pretty easy!

I do like the liquid gels, as they seem to go down better.

Love the Liquid Gels!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

Having suffered from seasonal allergies for many, many years I have tried almost every single medication out there to control them. Zyrtec is one my favorites.

The liquid gels are a great alternative to the regular tablets since they're gels and they slide right down. Sometimes the tablets can get stuck on the way down and scratch my throat. I've never had this issue with my liquid gels. I have, however, had them start to melt in my mouth when I forgot and took them with hot coffee. So, it's best to take these with a cold drink.

I've also found that the liquid gels seem to act a bit faster than the tablets. This is important when I forget and don't take my dose on time and my symptoms reappear. The liquid gels seem to go to work faster and begin controlling my symptoms again.

The only thing I don't like about Zyrtec is that it can be quite expensive so if you have to take a maintenance dose I've found it best to stock up on coupons and get it while it is on sale.

Overall, this is a great brand and the addition of this formula just gives you more options. I definitely recommend it.

Great for a runny nose!

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

I use these allergy gel tablets constantly during the spring and summer months. They work wonders to relieve a runny nose for me. They also help relief some of the itching in my eyes. I am a teacher so I have really bad allergies due to being outside every day. My allergies get really bad right after recess. These work great to give me quick relief so I can continue teaching and not be impacted too badly by allergy symptoms. They are definitely worth your money. They are expensive but high in quality. One bottle will also last you a decent amount of time. I would highly recommend trying this product. I will definitely continue to use it.

These are highly effective at relieving symptoms.

These are incredible easy to use. You just swallow them with water.

Immediacy
I get pretty quick relief after I take these. It usually takes about fifteen minutes to really kick in for me. They work fairly quick though.

Best Allergy Medicine

from St. Louis, MO

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

I usually just buy off brand medicine products because I always felt they work just as good as name brand medicine. I recently got in to couponing and searching deals online, and came across a great deal on Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels. I got them for cheaper than what I usually spend on the of brand allergy medicine. Let me just say, they work great! I did not believe that one pill would last all day, but I was wrong. It worked much quicker than the off brand, and to my surprise, it did not make me drowsy. I didn't get that drag down feeling that I usually get with allergy medicine. I am not sure how I survived prior allergy seasons without this medicine. I feel like a whole new person while taking it. While I love to save money, I would even pay full price for Zyrtec because it is worth every penny. Overall, this is a fast working allergy medicine that doesn't make you choose between having allergies or being drowsy. I highly recommend.

Too Expensive and Ineffective

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Zyrtec Allergy Liquid Gels:

I took Zyrtec every day for a number of months and failed to see a great deal of improvement in my allergies. I have seasonal allergies that are very minor and simply result in the annoyance of having an excessively runny nose. I also have occasional days where I have a sore throat. My doctor recommended taking Zyrtec. I like the convenience of this being an over the counter product, but it is quite expensive. It is definitely more expensive than other products with similar intended purposes. Therefore, I expected really amazing results with Zyrtec, and that is unfortunately not what I found to be the case. There just was not any remarkable difference in the way I felt before taking this and the way I felt while taking it. I still had to blow my nose quite often, and I just did not feel any better really. It is definitely not worth the price tag; I would recommend seeking other options.