Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Equate Allergy Relief Capsules

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

equate allergy medication side affects

I used this product and had a very bad side affect from it.  I don't know if the name brand would do the same thing also or not.  shortly after taking this product I started having heart palpatations.  My heart started racing a lot and I started having goosebumps all over my arms and legs etc.  I only took the recommended dose of this product.  I had never had a reaction to a medication other than one other time.  I haven't taken this product again since I'm scared to try it again.  years ago I had taken the name brand of this product and never had any problems.  I don't know if maybe they have changed the formula or what or if it's just a fact that I'm getting older.  I have used other products for allergies and have had no problems with them.  I can not in anyway recommend this product to other people, because I would feel awful if someone used it on my recommendation and got sick or maybe even died from the product.  I thought I was going to die from it.  It bothered my heart that badly.

It does not do any thing for me.

**Now I have tried most brands of allergy medicine,  because I have real bad allergy. When I tried equate allergy medicine I didn't have any good results from this medicine. This was like just taking a pill that didn't have any effect on me. I felt that I had waisted my money when I purchase this medicine. I couldn't see where it was helping any of the symptoms that I had. I had taken the maximum amount of the allergy medicine and still didn't feel any better. I knew that this was not the medicine that I needed. ****I have learned to just research what my medicines more closely before I choose them. I learned that in order to get good results with medicines  you have to some times  search a little further. I would not recommend this medicine to any one because i don't think that i will serve the purpose that it is used for. I will stick with what i know best because i can't go wrong with the medicines that i am use to and know about. **

Great product.

from TN

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

I love to use these equate allergy relief capsules as an alternative to the name brand Benadryl. Sometimes I cannot afford the name brand pills and these seem to work just as well. The only difference is I think these may wear off a little faster. I like to use these when my nose and head are stopped up when I have a cold. It makes it easier for me to breathe. I prefer taking them at nighttime because they do make me sleepy. I also use these for bee stings and wasp stings. I usually get really itchy and swell up when I get stung and taking this medicine always stops the itching really quickly. I would recommend these to other people because they are a great alternative to the name brand pills.

I have had good results using this medicine. It always clears my nose up when I have a cold and it makes me stop itching when I am stung by a wasp.

These pills are pretty small so they are not hard to swallow at all.

Immediacy
This medicine usually takes about thirty minutes to really start working for me.

• Immediacy:

Nice one-off brand, doesn't put me to sleep.

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

This is overall a god product. I would prefer if it worked quicker, but in the end, it does what it is supposed to.

I am allergic to almost everything out there, so I have tried almost all allergy products out there. When I got to college, started paying for my groceries myself, which happened to include allergy medication. I couldn't afford the brand names for a while, and just went with this generic box brand. Still gets rid of itchy eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. Doesn't affect itching in general, but I also have a skin problem so that may be why that part doesn't work for me. Overall, it does what I need it to.

I mean, not much easier than opening a bottle and taking a pill. Goes down easy with no weird taste at all, but I've also been subjected to lots of extra nasty pills before so my standards are low.

Immediacy
Like I said, this is my only gripe about the product. Takes me a few hours to settle my symptoms down, where a product like Benadryl will usually kick in within a half hour. However, I don't get knocked out after and hour, so I can take this product in the middle of the day without falling asleep at two p.m. It's a worthwhile trade off.

Great Allergy Medicine

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

I have been using this allergy medicine for years. I have really bad allergies from pollen and hay, and this Equate allergy relief medicine gives me fast relief from sneezing and watery itchy eyes. It usually starts working within five to ten minutes after taking the medicine. The only downside to this medicine is it does make you pretty drowsy. I usually get pretty tired about 20 to 30 minutes after I take it, and fall asleep. The pill is small and easy to swallow when taking it. It is also pretty easy to crush, if you have problems being able to swallow a pill, or prefer it to be crushed up. I am very happy with this allergy medicine, and I would highly recommend it to anyone that suffers from allergies.

Very quick and effective. Usually gives relief within 5 to 10 minutes after you take it.

Very easy to use whether you want to take the pill whole (as it a small pill), or you can crush it pretty easy with a spoon.

• Immediacy:

A great product to relieve allergy symptoms.

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

Equate allergy relief capsuls really do work! I was so impressed by the quality and effectiveness of this particular allergy medication. Since I have been a very small child I have unfortunately experienced many of the side effects of having allergies. I get itchy watery eyes, headaches, and runny itchy nose. Equate really does relieve many of the symptoms. I had previously been on allergy shots but my insurance company no longer covered the cost. I went to the store and decided to give this wonderful brand a chance and I was so impressed. I took twice a day this particular medication and I saw my symptoms completely vanished. I also felt that the immediacy of this particular allergy medication was wonderful! I was realizing that I was feeling better within 30 minutes which is very fast. If you do have allergy issues I would definitely recommend giving this brand a try. I was very impressed with the results. I do plan on purchasing an using this product again in the future.

Honestly the brand equate was not my first choice. But after a try this wonderful medication I never looked back. It really is effective and it also costs a lot less then their comparable brands.

This medication is in pill form. It is very easy to use.

• Immediacy:

Works the same as name brand

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

My entire household uses this and find that it works exactly the same as the name brand version at a fraction of the cost, especially if you buy the larger packs. I use it mainly because I have early morning allergy symptoms and if I have to start work early or have early appointments this will keep them at bay, since having a runny nose or red, itchy and watery eyes might send a few stares my way. It does make me somewhat drowsy, so I don't use them every time, but usually if I have some coffee or a soft drink, I am okay. I also occasionally feel groggy when taking these, but if I eat and move around, I am generally fine. I would say do not drive on these, just in case you do get tired or groggy, so try and get a ride if you need, or take them after you get where you will be for a few hours. The name brand product causes the same problems for me, sometimes even stronger, so I don't think generic vs big name makes a difference. I know some people also take them for anxiety, and from observing one of them closely, they do also work fairly for that. Overall a good product that works as it says.

Relief

from Edina, MN

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

Equate Allergy Relief Capsules are something I cannot go without. I suffer from allergies pretty much year round so there is no specific season for me. I have tried an extense amount of allergy medicine and most of them work for me. Equate is a good option for me as I can get it at a lower price and it is convenient for me. It really helps to alleviate the symptoms I suffer from at any given time including, runny, itchy and stuff nose, watery, itchy eyes, itchy throat, sneezing and occasional headaches. It come in a small bottle that is convenient for your purse and the pills are small and easy to swallow. It does not make me drowsy either which is a plus.

Helps to get rid of the annoying effects of allergies.

Simple to use and pills are small so you can even take one without water in an emergency.

Immediacy
The pills kick in pretty quick and I am usually feeling better between fifteen to thirty minutes after.

• Immediacy:

should be a sleeping medicine...

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

It works great as a sleeping medication but not for my allergies. I take it at night just to sleep better and I wake up exhausted. It doesnt even touch my allergies. I only bought this kind because i thought the price of other kinds were beyond expensive.

Same As The Name Brand!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

I've found that many Equate brand products are almost indistinguishable from their more expensive brand name counterparts. This is definitely true for their Allergy Relief Capsules.

These perform exactly as the brand name capsules do. They go to work in under an hour to relieve my allergies.

I use these mostly when my allergies are quite severe. I can't use them daily since they make me quite sleepy and tend to over dry me.

These are super effective and stop my runny nose and itchy, watery eyes. When I need to take them I usually take them right before bed or a bit before, so when they make me sleepy it's okay since I'm going to bed anyway. I also wake up refreshed and allergy free.

If I take more than a dose or two of these it really dries out my eyes and throat to desert like conditions so I try to only take these when I really, really need them. They are more of an occasional thing and not really for controlling long term allergies.

Overall, these are definitely comparable to the brand name version and I definitely recommend them.

• Immediacy:

These little pills are a godsend to me.

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

The value in effectiveness and price for results can't be beat by any other product I have tried. I am never without a bottle in my possession.

Equate allergy capsules have proven to be an amazing asset in my allergy arsenal. Based on all of the tests my doctor performed, it seems I am allergic to just about everything. Maybe not literally, but it sure feels like it. I keep some in my purse at all times for any allergic flare-up I might experience: itchy eyes, drippy eyes, itchy nose, skin rashes, hives...The list goes on and on, but these capsules work fast at keeping all my symptoms from getting out of control.

These little capsules are very easy to swallow. I like the dosing chart as well since I can provide the same quality of allergy coverage for my little guy as I do for myself by giving us each our proper dosage.

Immediacy
These pills start to work pretty fast for me with my nasal and eye symptoms and they control the itching related to hives and allergy rashes pretty quick, too.

Great price, very effective

Comments about Equate Allergy Relief Capsules:

I have chronic sinusitis and after trying everything under the sun (other than surgery) my doctor put me on 50mg nightly. I used name brand for over a year before spotting the Equate brand. Less money, more pills... Seemed too good to be true. But if worked just as well as the name brand at a fraction of the cost. 2+ years later I still stuck with the equate brand!