Other Allergy & Sinus Medicines:

Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Knock out severe allergy symptoms fast with Benadryl Plus!

There is so much pollen where I live that I can honestly say I don't think I know anyone who lives in my small town who doesn't suffer from allergies at one time or another. Sure, some seasons of the year are worse than others, but we have pollen year round, around here.

I'm one of the more fortunate people who only suffers from allergy symptoms occasionally, but my husband and one of my sons have severe problems with stuffy noses, terrible sinus headaches, itchy, runny eyes...the whole nine yards. The symptoms are severe and it takes a heavy duty allergy medication to give them relief.

When someone in my family, including myself, needs relief from severe allergy symptoms, one of the products that works the best for us is **Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets**

It works extremely well in relieving those terrible symptoms so that we can be headache free and breath much more easily. It even knocks out our sneezing, and itchy eyes, noses and throats.

Regular Benadryl contains Diphenhydramine HCl, which makes me sleepy, so I can only take it at night or if I have the time to take a nap during the day. Many other allergy/sinus medications contain Phenylephrine HCl, which gives me the jitters and I hate that feeling. **Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets** contains both Diphenhydramine HCl and Phenylephrine HCl, and I don't know why, but the combination of the two seem to balance each other out because I don't get extremely sleepy or extremely jittery when I take it! I just get a whole lot of much needed relief!

**Product Description and Active Ingredients:**

*"Temporarily relieves symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: Contains Acetaminophen for relief of Sinus Headache and Minor Aches and Pains, Contains Phenylephrine HCl for relief of Sinus Congestion and Sinus Pressure, and Contains Diphenhydramine HCl for relief of Sneezing, Itchy, Watery Eyes, Runny Nose, and Itchy Throat."*

**Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets** works very quickly and very effectively in relieving all of the symptoms of severe allergies. If you're an allergy sufferer and haven't tried this product, I recommend that you give it a chance to show you what it can do for you. I think you will be very happy with the results it provides. I know my family and I are!

It works very well in relieving allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, runny noses, and itchy throats. It doesn't give me the jitters or make my heart race and it doesn't make me sleepy, either. It's extremely effective for my family and myself.

The caplets are small and very easy to swallow.

Immediacy
Give this OTC medication about 15 to 20 minutes to get into your system and then you'll begin to notice a considerable difference in your allergy symptoms. It doesn't take long before this medication makes you feel much, much better!

Just Okay

I used to use Benadryl when allergy season started. It was a product that my parents used, so I naturally adopted their products and kept it on stand-by in my cupboard. Benadryl does do a decent job of relieving allergy symptoms quickly however, the effects wear off pretty fast. When I say fast, I mean within a half and hour. I will say that I am probably out of the norm when it comes to allergies, as I often get them pretty bad with sneezing, watery eyes, and itchy skin. So this product may do better for someone who doesn't get it so bad.
Benadryl does have one draw back side effect in my opinion. It also doubles as a sleep aid. Benadryl tries to offset your allergies, by deactivating your bodies immune system, so that it doesn't overreact to certain allergens. This is turn will often make you feel sluggish and tired. Would not recommend taking this product when you need to be active.
Overall, Benadryl is an okay product. I used it for several years, until I finally decided to switch over to Claritin, which has been a more successful treatment for my chronic allergies.

It works, but the medicine dies off rather quickly. Taking extra dosages will have negative effects on your body.

Easy to use. Pop 1 to 2 pills daily with a glass of water.

Immediacy
Effects take effect rather quickly, but don't last too long.

Works great

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I had a severe case of hives after eating shellfish. My face turned bright red and began to itch and my throat started to close up where I could barely talk. In addition, I had a pounding headache that would not go away, no matter what I tried doing to make it go away. So then I remembered that I had bought these pills and used this product after having the allergic reaction. I took two pills and soon I fell asleep and woke up an hour later looking and feeling like myself again. It immediately relieved all of my allergy symptoms, and I got back to continue my everyday routine. No matter what, this Benadryl works wonders. But just be prepared to sit on the couch or go to bed even because one or two pills will make you very drowsy. Now I use this every time I know I am going to consume seafood or food that I may be allergic to or if I am going to spend the day outside when there is a high pollen count.

• Immediacy:

Works great for bad allergies.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I have severe allergies to a lot of things, even foods that make me get really itchy and feel like I am dying. I have always been a big fan of Benadryl because it has the ability to stop all of the problems that I am having when my allergies are going crazy or I am having a small allergic reaction to something that I eat. I also use this every time I get stung by a bee, I am not deathly allergic, but I do get hives all over my body and just feel terrible after it happens. I immediately take the medication and I am feeling better within an hour and all of the itching and irritation goes away. This does make me get very sleepy though, so I always make sure I have someone else at home with me when I take it because I will pass out pretty fast. It works great whenever we go out for the weekend and go camping or hiking, I always seem to get into some sort of flowers or grass that makes my allergies kick in bad, and this gets everything under control again.

• Immediacy:

Benadryl is a life saver

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I have allergies and sinus problems all year round so you can imagine what a pain it is to not feel good all the time. Benadryl is amazing for getting rid of allergy symptoms. When I can't control my allergies the first thing I pick up is Benadryl. I have severe allergies and I feel like a normal functioning person after taking Benadryl.

It gets rid of my itchy/swollen eyes, nasal drip, sneezing, congestions, rashes, throat pain, and much more. It also works really well for when I have sinus infections, and makes them much more bearable to get through. Not only is it great for sinus infections but it's great for everyday allergies such an pet allergies, and allergies towards pollen. I also find that it gets rid of really bad sinus headaches and pressure. Also any swollen or puffy eyes I have, it gets rid of that too. I honestly haven't seen my allergies disappear so quickly with any other product.

The only downside, which I'm sure everyone knows about Benadryl, is that it makes you very drowsy and it's not something that you should take when you have to work, drive, or go to school, etc. I would recommend this more for a day when you are at home or trying to get rest.

Otherwise I would high recommend trying this out because it will completely knock out your symptoms in their tracks and make you feel better completely.

It is very effective and relieves all allergy symptoms quickly. It has gotten rid of my itchy eyes, hives, sneezing, post nasal drip, congestion, and much more. It gets rid of sinus pressure and headaches too.

The Benadryl pills are small and easy to swallow with a glass of water. They are very easy to take, they go down easy, and I have no problem with them at all.

Immediacy
Benadryl works lightening fast. I feel relief within fifteen to thirty minutes. It's important to start taking it when you start noticing symptoms because it will help you get better faster. I feel like the results last for almost five to six hours after taking it.

• Immediacy:

The standard before we knew more.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

The Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus has always been my families go to brand when we would need any sinus medicine. This is a great product I have no complaints other than the pricing being way off the generics price point. I have used this and will use it again if I for some reason couldn't get my first choice at this time. This product has always done a great job for all of us, including my youngest son who has been allergy medicine dependent since he was very little. My wife and myself have extremely sensitive allergies to pets of any kind, and we have a dog so a good daily use product is something we both need. I have used these daily for a very long time and would continue to use them if I could find this at a reasonably comparable price as my generic. My only real complaint with the Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus is the pricing compared to similar products I have seen and now use. This is a very good product and I would highly recommend it for anyone with allergy medication needs.

Benadryl-Severe-Allergy-Plus-Sinus Headache Relief Caplets

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I've been using this product for quite some time now. It works quite well for seasonal allergies and some other allergies as well. It's also a brand name I have trusted over the years.

It's very effective for hives, rashes and general itchiness and hay fever. I used it when I had swelling of the face, lips with extremely bad hives and it helped a bunch. It also works great if you have an allergy to pets hair or dander such as a cat. We keep it handy for people that come to visit and have an allergy to out cats. it works very well.

You pop it into your mouth with a glass of water and you're good to go.

Immediacy
As with most oral medications it takes a while to get into your system. It takes about thirty to forty five minutes before I start to feel the relief from the watery eyes and itching. The one thing I would like to stress is that for me, I get very drowsy after I take this medication. I like to take it at bedtime whenever possible because driving can be an issue at times.

• Immediacy:

Best allergy medicine for me

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I have seasonal allergies pretty much every season and I've had them for about ten years. I've tried many different allergy medications and i find Benadryl to be the best. I also suffer from some pretty severe headaches. I used to think it was migraines but regular headache pills do not work and these do. When I first started using the severe allergy Benadryl plus sinus headache it used to make me drowsy, so I could only take it when I planned accordingly. It worked great every time on all my major symptoms including itchy eyes, itchy throat and sneezing. After a while of using it, it no longer makes me drowsy and I can take it pretty much any time I need to. It lasts me a full day which most other allergy medicines do not. The only part I don't like is the large size of the pill. It's not an issue for most people but since I was a child I have an issue swallowing pills that aren't tiny. The price is also a little high.

• Immediacy:

Best allergy medication out there

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I've had allergies since I was a little kid and, living in Michigan, the summers were rough when it came to pollen. I was sneezing and coughing all over the place and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get rid of or help my symptoms at all. That is, until I found Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus. This is some heavy-duty strength allergy medication and if you are having problems with your allergies and no medication is working for you, I definitely would recommend trying this. My dad had originally recommended this medicine to me, and I'm so grateful he did. It's not extremely expensive, especially compared to some other allergy meds, and it works better than most. Overall, it's a great product - it really REALLY helps with inflammation (sometimes I use it if my eyes are really puffy, it brings them back to normal within half an hour) - and I do recommend to anyone who needs help with allergies.

The pills are tiny and easy to swallow.

Benadryl Severe Allergy plus sinus headache relief

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

I get horrible allergy symptoms in the spring and sinus headaches pretty much year round. I love this medicine, since it treats both of my problems I save money not having to buy multiple pills. The allergy portion of this medicine really does help, my nasal congestion goes almost completely away and my eyes stop itching so bad. When my sinus headaches are at there worst and I take this I feel the pressure go away and my head feels a ton better. I will warn you though, this medicine makes me very sleepy so I try to only take at night.

Works very well at getting rid of allergy symptoms and sinus headaches. I start feeling better within an hour or so of taking.

Just swallow a pill, easy as that. They are not super huge so go down pretty easy.

Immediacy
I take a pill as soon as my symptoms start up and usually within an hour, sometimes only half an hour, I start to feel some relief. Symptoms usually stay away for six hours or so before the effects of the medicine fade.

Relief at last

from Edina, MN

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets are a relief for me. I usually do not suffer from headaches with my allergies but over the past month I had them almost every day. So this helped with that along with relieving the itchy eyes, nose and throat, sneezing, watery eyes and nose, congestion, etc. Benadryl works really great for me the only problem is that if it is not non-drowsy it does make me sleepy occasionally so I cannot use it on a workday or a day I will be driving. Otherwise, I usually use Benadryl only on the weekend, at night or at a time I know it wont' affect me if I am feeling drowsy.

Benadryl works great to relieve you of all the symptoms of allergies, only the drowsiness is annoying.

Super simple to take and they are tiny pills so you can even take one without water in an emergency. I have done this many times!

Immediacy
It kicks in fast and you are feeling better in no time.

Pollen Allergies beware!

Comments about Benadryl Severe Allergy Plus Sinus Headache Relief Caplets:

My sister owns a cabin on Moosehead lake in Maine and I love taking my family up there to relax. However, my son and I suffer from intense allergies. Their allergy season is a bit delayed from ours, so when we go up there, what might not be bothering us at home is in full bloom there.

Benadryl is a trusted name in allergy relief, and this formula has the added bonus of easing sinus pain that can come with a severe allergy attack. While this is not an everyday medication for me, mainly because of the side effects of drowsiness, it really does ease the worst of my symptoms FAST.

I like to keep a couple of the caplets in my pill box for when we travel, because sometimes my normal every day allergy medication won't stop my symptoms when I am bombarded with things I am allergic to, mainly the outdoors!

It is too strong a medication to give to my 7 year old, but I will gladly take it when I feel my head begin to pound from the allergy.