3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

love that it rinses easily

Great price, easy to find, smells good, and cleans well. I'm trying the mountain rain scent in the green bottle first and so far I am happy with its performance. My family doesn't normally have super dirty laundry, so I can't comment on how well it cleans and refreshes heavily soiled loads. But it seems to get my family of five's clothes clean, bright, soft, and fresh. It also seems to rinse easily when I've handwashed too. I only need about half the recommended amount in my HE machine. I love to try new detergents, especially ones that are inexpensive but work and smell great. I highly recommend to anyone, especially those you value saving money without compromising on performance.

xtra only when you need extra

I recently bought xtra laundry detergent. was short on cash and looking for a bargin.  Well I didn't get the bargin I bargin for. You had to use twice as much to get a load clean  It was okay for lightly soiled clothes but not for the kids clothes that are really dirty.  i didn't find it took out the stains then lets say tide would have. You had to spot clean more then you would with a better detergent. You could probably get a better detergent with a coupon for about the same price

I Will NEVER BUY THIS AGAIN!!!

from New Orleans, LA

Pros

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions
    • Hard to Clean
    • Weak Function

• Nothing!

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I have used extra before, but my second time using a different scent. Myself and my family are having a bad reaction to this mess. We have rashes all over us, red , and swollen. On our entire body! I am sitting here in pain as I type this. I had to spend extra money to go and get medication for us to take and hope this goes away fast. Also I had to spend extra money on going to the laundry house to rewash our clothes a few times to get this mess out of it. I am highly disgusted and will NEVER use nor recommend this product to anyone! Not even my worst enemy!

The NOT detergent

from Texas

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I purchased XTRA detergent yesterday. It seems that I have a container of colored water......not detergent.

Must be a joke

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I do not even know why I tried this laundry detergent. It is pretty much a joke because it does not work even in the slightest bit. When you pour it out it is basically severely watered down laundry soap. It barely makes bubbles when you put it in the washing machine water. The smell is not that great and definitely does not keep the clothes smelling fresh for longer than it takes for the dryer heat to wear off. It also is extremely cheap so I guess you get what you pay for (practically nothing). Some spots that were on the clothes before I washed did not go away and now I am afraid to say that they are probably stains. The only good thing I have to say about Xtra is that it was so cheap I did not feel bad about throwing the rest of the bottle away. I would not recommend wasting your money on this cheap brand of laundry soap that will not keep your clothes looking and smelling new.

An OK brand

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

The Xtra brand of detergent does an alright job of cleaning my clothes. It gets most stains out, but it won't get the extra tough stains out even if I soak them overnight in it. I don't notice that the Xtra with Oxi Clean does any better job than the regular Xtra. For everyday laundry, it does an alright job. It does not do a good job of getting smells out of laundry. My towels get a musty smell after they are a few years old, but Xtra doesn't work to keep the smell under control. I also don't like the scent of any of the kinds of Xtra. The price on this detergent is hard to beat, so I do buy it to use for some of my laundry. It is frequently on sale at my grocer and each bottle does a large amount of loads.

It just does an average job of getting clothes clean.

I do not like the scent of any variety of Xtra. The Mountain Rain is by far the worst scent. Warm Vanilla Comfort is the one I like best.

Leaves Clothes Grungy.

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

Throughout the years I have used many laundry detergents, from the higher priced brands to inexpensive brands like Xtra Laundry detergent. I have found that if you have children, you work a dirty or a job that causes you to sweat, or are just plain messy, most of these cheap brands are not going to get your clothing clean. Xtra is probably one of the cheapest brands, sometimes even cheaper than store brands. Sadly, I found it was more costly to use this detergent because it does not clean. The loads I cleaned with Xtra smelled about the same as they did before washing them. They also weren't much cleaner after washing these in Xtra. So, it didn't save me any money by purchasing this detergent because I had to use a booster to get clothes clean and the grungy look from my families socks.

This brand just doesn't get clothing clean. I would only recommend it to those that don't get their clothing very dirty, like the elderly. It definitely will not work for those that have children, or those that get their clothes even remotely dirty. It may also help to wash smaller loads in this detergent. If you do purchase this, I would suggest purchasing a stain remover as well because it doesn't do anything to tough stains like mustard, chocolate or grungy socks.

The scent isn't lasting and doesn't stay on clothing through the wash cycle.

not so great

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Xtra Laundry Detergent and I was not to happy with it. I know I should not of expected much from such a cheap laundry detergent but I took my chances. I first purchased this Xtra Laundry Detergent when I was on a tight budget so I can honestly say that this laundry detergent is very very affordable and is probably one of the cheapest on the market. Now it did do a half way decent job at cleaning my clothes but I felt it left them feeling stiff and not soft at all. My towels felt really rough after I washed them with this detergent. The scent is pretty good but a little overpowering if you ask me. The scent is nice but it last too long and stays strong for too long. This product did work for me when I had to use it because it was all I could afford. I can honestly say I would not recommend this Xtra Laundry Detergent to any of my friends or family. This is definitely a product that is used only in the most desperate situations. I would absolutely not use it on my childrens clothes.

love that it rinses easily

from Pacific NW

It does the job.

from Kansas

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I have been using Xtra Laundry Detergent in the "scentsations' scent for the past month or so. This detergent is very cheap, which is why I purchased it. This is not a high quality laundry detergent but it cleans your clothing. For your typical laundry needs this product will do perfectly fine. This product cleans your clothes without leaving any residue. I am frequently allergic to laundry detergents but this one actually does not bother my skin, as I assumed it would. There is a light scent left on your clothing but it fades within a few days.

Sure, this is not a high quality or spectacular product but for me, it does what it needs to do. If you are on a tight budget like me, this is a great choice.

This detergent cleans your clothes just fine but is nothing special. I wouldn't use it on heavily stained clothing but just for your general laundry needs it works perfectly fine.

This product leaves a light fresh scent on your clothing.

Okay Washing Detergent

from TN

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I have always been very sensitive to certain dyes and fragrances so I was a little Leary about using this detergent when my husband first brought it home a couple of weeks ago. He bought it because of the super low price and large size, which I have to admit seemed rather appealing to me as well, so I tried it.
    I wasn't so happy about the amount of detergent it took to clean my clothes, I had to use a cup and a half, it didn't break me out though, which was the main thing that I was afraid of and it smells really good.

It does clean my clothes pretty good, I even managed to get grass stains out of a pair of jeans with this washing detergent, it does take a little more detergent than other brands I have used in the past, I usually use about a cup and a half.

This washing detergent smells very good, it has a sweet, fruity scent without being too overbearing and the fragrance and dyes used in this detergent is not as harsh on sensitive skin as some of the more pricier brands.

great quality for an affordable price

Comments about Xtra Laundry Detergent:

I was in shock for how great this Xtra laundry detergent soap worked on all of my clothes. It was on sale at my local drugstore and I had a coupon for it. I have sensitive skin sometimes to high fragranced scents in soaps so I have to choose wisely on what I buy. It smelled very fresh and made all my clothes smell great. It got out all of the stains and kept them in good shape. My clothes still looked new they didn't look worn out. It was very gentle and delicate to my silk sheets and my blankets. The smell lasts for a long time and all of my clothes, towels, and blankets came out looking good. It kept my colored clothes loking vibrant and my whites looking really white. This detergent is a great value because you get a lot and its inexpensive to buy. It works just as good as the other leading brands. I would recommend this to anybody who wants a great soap that's affordable. I will definitely be buying this detergent again.