Other Detergents:
Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent

Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

Cons

Great cleaning power, not for the sensitive though.

I always seem to have problems with stains, and getting my clothes smelling great when using cheap detergents. Some detergents only mask the odors, and then the terrible odors come back later on in the day. A lot of detergents take several washes to completely remove a stain.

Not with the Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent. It has fast and strong cleaning power, and it only takes one quick wash to completely remove stains out of my clothes, and keep them smelling great throughout the day.

With this detergent I find that the cleaning power is so strong that I don't even have to use a whole cap for a full load. It suds up my clothes, completely removes the stains and odors without fading my clothes. I find that my clothes are stain free, and as vibrant as they've ever been after using this detergent.

The only problem I have with Tide is that my skin feels itchy and I have an allergic reaction after using it. I wish I didn't because I love the cleaning power and the scent of this detergent. I would probably put up with the itchyness because this does an amazing job at cleaning my clothes.

I like Tide better then using cheap detergents, because I feel with cheap detergents it may seem like you are getting a great buy, but you end up spending the same money because you have to use double the laundry detergent just to get your clothes clean.

Overall I would recommend this detergent because it smells fantastic and gets all the stains out without ruining my clothes, but again if you have sensitive skin, asthma, or bad allergies I would be cautious and ready for some sort of skin reaction.

Tide always does a great job at cleaning clothes and completely removing stains. This detergent was no exception. It removed stains out of my clothes fast, and even removed some of the toughest stains I had. Not only that but it left my clothes smelling amazing, and took away even the worst odors as well. The Tide didn't fade or roughen up my clothes, it left them completely clean soft and vibrant. Again the only problem I had with this detergent is that I had some sort of itchy reaction to it. It wasn't terrible but I was still left uncomfortable.

The scent of this detergent that I used was the Mountain Spring scent. It smells like fresh outdoors, and very fresh. Kind of like a manly outdoorsy Irish Spring in a detergent kind of scent. I love the actual scent of this detergent, but yet again I seem to have some sort of allergic reaction to another Tide detergent. It seemed to make my skin really itchy, and uncomfortable. I liked that the scent completely took odors away from my clothes, and left them smelling great for quite awhile after I washed them. I was really disappointed that I had a reaction to this detergent because I really liked the cleaning power and the scent it had. If you aren't sensitive to scented detergents then you would really enjoy this detergent because it has a wonderful scent to it.

I am allergic to this Tide Detergent.

My sister bought my brother and I some of this Tide Detergent in this scent because it was sale and she thought that it would be a good laundry detergent for us to use. The plus side of this detergent was that it got our clothes really clean and it made them smell really good. But, when I started wearing my clothes after washing them in this detergent, I started to have a bad allergic reaction from it. I usually don't get allergic from other brands laundry detergents with coloring and fragrance, but obviously I got allergic from this one. What happened was that my brother and my skin developed a very bad itch from it and we broke out into bunch of rashes on our skin. I used hydrocortisone cream, aloe vera gel, and calamine lotion to get rid of this allergy attack from this detergent and it took a month to overcome it. So, if anyone has skin allergies and/or are allergic to perfumes and dyes in this detergent, please do not buy this. Instead, buy from a different brand and/or get a laundry detergent with no dyes or perfumes in it.

Gets the Stains OUT!

from MI

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent

Cons

• Laundry Room

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is amazing stuff! I recently started using this for my kids' clothes during the muddy spring weather we are having. I have always been a Tide fan, but stick to organic, natural detergents on a day to day basis when possible, due to lots of people in my household with sensitive skin.

However, as nice as the organic stuff is - it's not always super tough at getting dirt out. And since we have had rain and lots of mud puddles, my kids have been getting extra dirty. After several attempts with the organic stuff, I decided it was time to pull out the Tide.

I went to my local Dollar General and purchased TIde Ultra Stain Release Liquid - and I could not be happier. I have had some clothes completely ruined by the mud and dirt my kids get into because I simply could not wash it out. Enter Tide - one wash and literally all of the clothes that I had counted out as ruined were clean again!

It smells great, and a little goes a long way. I think of TIde as a miracle worker in my laundry room. Such a small amount of detergent really makes a huge difference in bringing back life to dingy clothes.

I love this product and will probably always keep it on hand!

Lives up to the label!

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I never believe detergent labels when they say they are concentrated. This one truly is. I use a quarter cap to clean a large load of laundry. Rinses clean and no residue or blue stains left behind on the clothes. I didn't need to use a pretreatment spray to deal with underarm odors and stains.

This really is a highly concentrated formula. I literally used a quarter of a cap to clean a full load of dirty laundry. There were times when I forgot to use a pretreatment and underarm odor and stains still came out. I also washed two linen napkins that were totally stained with spaghetti sauce, and both came out looking brand new.

Tide for me is such a recognizable scent. When I take my evening walks down the street, I always joke with my sister who is washing their clothes with Tide and Downy. When I open the bottle, I know my clothes are going to smell fresher and crisper. Lasts throughout the dryer and I love when I wash my sweatshirts I can smell them when I open up the hall closet. Sensitive skin is not an issue as no one in my family had an issues.

Great cleaning power, not for the sensitive though.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My absolute favorite detergent.

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Tide laundry detergent is my go to for all my laundry needs. The smell is the absolute best, it is the absolute typical clean laundry smell. I always get comments on how good I smell when I have used Tide laundry detergent. It gets my clothes completely clean. It works very well at removing stains, but does not leave the clothes stiff or greasy. I use this detergent on my children's clothes and it is so gentle they have never had an issue with it. Even as infants I used this detergent to clean their cloth diapers, and not once did they ever get rashes from it. The only problem I have with the detergent is that it is so much more expensive than other detergents, but I think it is worth every penny. I love the bright blue coloring, my daughters think it is great to pour it into the washing machine and watch it bubble. The other excellent use for Tide laundry detergent is as a stain remover! If I have a tough stain (especially grease) I take a little Tide on my finger and rub it in. I let is soak overnight, then wash, and almost 100% of the time the stain comes right out! Detergent and stain remover!

Does what it claims, but a little overpriced

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

When I was a kid, my mom would always use Tide laundry detergent when doing the laundry. Naturally when I got old enough I kept with the same method. It wasn't until I started to consider other options, that I was paying too much (my opinion) on quality soap. While Tide Laundry soap does get clothes clean, and makes them smelling fresh; I can't justify the high price tag. I have tried several other brands, and many of them perform just as good as Tide at a fraction of the cost. I also noticed that I didn't get any extra loads out of the Tide bottle, even though it says you only need half cap.
    Overall, Tide is a quality laundry detergent. It does a fantastic job at cleaning. I just wish the price wasn't so out of line with it's competition.

Tide cleans clothes fast, and will remove tough stains. Other detergents do just as good of a job at a fraction of the cost.

Tide laundry detergent comes in a variety of scents. I have tried several different ones, and none of them are unpleasant.

Worth the price for the fresh fragrance of everyday dirty laundr

from Williston, VT

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Tide seems always to be a more expensive big-brand laundry product. There are ways to make it more comparably priced, e.g. newspaper coupons in conjunction with drugstore promotions, but it is never "cheap". At this point in my journey as a laundress, I choose to pay for Tide because people seem to love the fragrance of their clean laundry. It seems as if the small of Tide fills up our home whenever I wash and dry clothes. I always use a good quality dryer sheet and dry the clothes thoroughly. The soiling of the dirty laundry I wash with Tide is usually from exercise and general wear. If there are food/coffee/ink etc stains I use a separate prewash or just dryclean the garment.

never disappointed with Tide as a cleaner for basic laundry, ie sweaty clothes from workouts and socks,hats,undershirts, etc. Serious stains require specialized treatment, even maybe drycleaning. Be sure to dry thoroughly in a machine with sufficient dryer sheets.

love the pronounced, signature scent

Pretty good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Tide Two Times Ultra Liquid Laundry Detergent Original Scent and found that it worked pretty good. I guess I can start off with the reason I gave this product a nine. I gave it a nine because I am not crazy about the scent. Now this is an excellent laundry detergent as far as it got all of my clothes very nice and clean. I was happy with the results. I do believe after I used this my whites were a little less dingy. I can also say that this Tide Laundry Detergent is very reasonable priced. This product goes a little bit longer and last a little bit longer than the regular laundry detergents because it is 2X Ultra which means that I was able to use less, probably half as much to get a load of clothes clean. This product is concentrated. So I found this is definitely a good buy. I would certainly recommend this Tide Two Times Ultra Liquid Laundry Detergent Original Scent to all of my friends and family. This product is also available in HD so it is ok to use in all washing machines old and new.

Always My Favorite Detergent

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Tide is my go to laundry detergent when I'm not trying out something new and different. I always return to their Original Scent Ultra Laundry Detergent. It just plain works.

This works on absolutely anything you can throw at it. Chocolate, mud, sweat, tomato sauce, grease, Kool-Aid, grass - it all gets washed away by this formula. When I have a tough stain I know this formula will get it out with no effort and no pretreating. It just works the first time, every time. Clothes, dish towels, bath towels, sheets, blankets, and comforters all come out beautifully clean.

This has a very pleasant scent as well. Everything comes out smelling fresh and clean but never perfumy and overpowering. I've found that everyone really enjoys this scent on towels and bedding when they are visiting and they always mention how nice everything smells.

I definitely recommend this excellent detergent. You simply cannot go wrong with it.

That Tide Cleaning power with a great scent!

from Commerce, GA

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I will spend a little extra for Tide because it really works. When you have kids who find their way to dirt, grass, and food stains every day, you can't afford not to use a good detergent.
    I have used this laundry detergent on my children's clothes when they were toddlers without a problem. I stopped using Dreft and/or sensitive skin detergents when they were around age one, and they've never had an adverse reaction.

Gets the stains out and clothes clean while also keeping colors vibrant. I don't have to pre-treat clothes with an additional stain removing product when I use Tide detergent, which to me is important. I don't have to spend as much at the store for the extra products, and it is one less worry about adding MORE chemicals to our household.

I like this Mountain scent in particular - it just smells fresh and clean to me; it's not too strong or cloying. I smile every time I smell it :) It lasts on the clothes in a nice, light way, doesn't disappear as soon as the wash is over as with cheaper detergents, but the smell also isn't overpowering.

LOVE this product!!

from Henderson, KY

Comments about Tide Ultra Stain Release Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I had never tried the original scent of Tide until I used the concentrated form original scent just the other day. It was AMAZING!! I think it is my favorite out of all the other scents. It made my clothes smell clean and due to the concentarted formula I did not have to use as much to get the same results. I will only use Tide because I feel like it keeps my clothes looking new without dulling the colors. It also has the wonderful scent that stays fresh for days which is nice... you always have that right out of the dryer smell even days to weeks after. The HE forlula also works great with my washer and I feel like I never have a soapy feel to my clothes when they come out of the washer like some detergents that do not mix well with the HE washers even though they state they are HE compatible. LOve this product, love you do not have to use as much product to get the same result, love its price and love it uses less plastic for the bottle so better for the environment!!