4.8
2321I
Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

4.8

Pros

• Great scent (12)
  • Easy to use (11)
  • Gets stains out (11)
  • Effective (10)
  • Simple instructions (8)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (4)

• Laundry room (12)
  • Cleaning (11)
  • Home (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (6), Homeowner (4)

If Tide and Downy Had a Baby, This Is What You'd Get

In our household, my hubby is the one who gathers the coupons and purchases the laundry products.  Depending upon what's on sale on any given week, I'm never exactly sure what I'm going to end up using to launder my clothes.  Usually I don't give the laundry detergent a second look, but when I noticed a bottle of **Tide with a Touch of Downy**, I immediately did a double-take.  Two excellent products all in one.  I was happy to give this detergent a spin in the washer.

I poured a capful of Tide with a Touch of Downy into my front-loading washer to clean and soften a couple of sheet sets.  The liquid detergent smelled great straight from the bottle, but would it hold up through a wash, rinse, and dryer cycle?.  Not surprisingly--to me anyway--Tide with Downy did an excellent job of cleaning along with leaving my sheets with an infusion of "April Fresh" scent and long-lasting softness.  My 100% pima cotton, 600-thread count sheets were virtually wrinkle-free and invitingly soft without any residue.  I love this product.

Overall, **Tide with a Touch of Downy **is a high quality liquid laundry detergent that justifies the higher price tag.  I hope we continue to find coupons for this great product.

Hate it.

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent has to be the worst laundry detergent I have EVER used. I don't know if I just got a bad bottle, but the soap was sticky, and thick, almost like a jello material and was impossible to pour. After fighting for around 10 minutes to get it out of the bottle, I tested the soap on some old towels just to be safe that it wouldn't harm my clothes, well was I ever lucky I did make sure to test it. I had a mixture of light pink towels, and white towels, and when I took them out Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent had died them blue! A deep dark shade of blue came from the color of the Detergent! Like I said, I don't know if I had gotten a bad bottle, but I definitely don't recommend this detergent, and will NOT be recommending this to anyone I know, maybe my worst enemy though!

Acted like a food coloring, made my white towels dark blue, and my pink towels an ugly brown color.

Surprisingly, this detergent had 0 scent to it, smelled like water. At least if it would have smelled rotten I would have known not to use it, thank god they were old towels!

Smells Great

from tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent:

I love the smell of the Tide with Downy, and it isn't expensive to buy. Overall Tide will clean your clothes pretty well. And I still use Tide from time to time because they have a lot of really nice scents. This ome really does smell like Downy and not like some cheap knock off version. However Tide doesn't clean as well as my current laundry detergent and cannot get out my family's stains out very well. I can use Tide on my clothes without worrying about it but I cannot use it on my kids jeans or my husbands jeans and expect it to come out clean. My three boys get everything on their clothes and my husband works in a auto shop so he gets oil on his clothes, Tide cannot meet my family's demands. I did eventually find a laundry detergent that can clean everything that I needed it too, but sometimes I will buy Tide with Downy and I will use it on my clothes. I already buy Downy liquid fabric softner, so when you use them both together it just makes it smell that much better.

My favorite

from Maroc

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions
    • Very very nice

• Travel

Suuure very very nice

I only buy this!

from Mexico, Mo.

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

This stuff not only smells amazing, it gets rid of every stain including my newborn's formula and blow out stains!

My favorite Tide!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I am more than slightly OCD about my laundry... no one is allowed to use my washer/dryer and every load is perfectly separated and has its own specific wash cycle and dry time and combination of detergent and fabric softener. After trying multiple brands, it's is definitely the superior brand but I don't care for all the scents (especially sport). This one has a strong enough (fresh/clean) scent that I notice it on my clothes but not overwhelming or irritation. I also am able to use less softener (love money saving!) with the "touch" of downy but doesn't effect items I don't usually use softener on (towels/sheets). Two thumbs up!

ide known in the Gulf and is the leading brand here

from Saudi Arabia Riyadh Shihab bin Abdullah

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

One of the largest companies in the Gulf of Tide selling hand personally do not buy Tide, but because he do not trust him, but to remove the harsh spots there are many products in the market, but all to no avail I think the number 1 in the Gulf as cheaply and prices Unlike many products

Nice scent.

from Anaheim, CA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I have been using Tide for a long time, I try to change the scents with each bottle I purchase, the Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent in April Fresh Scent is one of the nicest smelling Tide detergent I have used. Not only does the detergent smells good it also does a great work of removing stains. I use it for my toddler's clothes too and it does a great job of removing stains of God know what and at the same time keeps the clothes soft too.
          My only issue with this detergent rather all Tide detergent is that I find them a bit more expensive than some other brands but that is fine as long as it works. I also have to consider that I do not use any fabric softener when I am using this Tide with Downy so in average I am saving some money.
          One thing to take care though if using Tide with dark color clothes it is best not to wash them in hot water otherwise the color tends to fade in a ​long run.
          Overall I like it, will keep on using this detergent.

Beautiful product

from Bayamon , PR

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Heavy

Good product

excellent brand

from texas

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent

• Home

excellent brand with a fabolous scense and its so efective to remove dust and stain from the clothe of kids i love the easy way to use and try to use constantly its my favorite brand and i use it since 5 years ago.. amazing the way its delicated with clothes that have delicate fabric and need more carefull really really love this product and i will recomended to all my homemakers moms

Great Laundry Detergent

from Winter Haven. FL

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I use Tide everytime I do laundry. It gets stains out, I never need to worry if the clothes are going to come out clean. It has a great Downy scent which is a plus.

Love the scent!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Effective
              • Gets Stains Out
              • Great Scent
              • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I have always been a huge fan of both Tide and Downy for cleaning my laundry so was especially enthused to try Tide with a touch of downy laundry detergent! I absolutely love this product, it has got to be my favorite laundry detergent of all time.
              The best thing about it is hands down the scent! If you've ever smelled both Tide and Downy products and love them, you won't be disappointed. This laundry detergent smells so fresh and so good and makes my laundry smell delicious without being overpowering.
              I also really love how clean this gets my clothes. After using this detergent, my laundry seems to get even cleaner and softer then with any other detergent. Absolutely no residue is left behind like with cheaper branded detergents.
              I also love the consistent Tide experience I get with all Tide products. Just like with this detergent, Tide is always high quality and consistent and doesn't irritate my family's skin.
              I would highly recommend Tide with a touch of downy! Seriously the best laundry detergent I have ever used!