4.8
2321I
Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

4.8

Pros

• Great scent (45)
  • Easy to use (41)
  • Gets stains out (40)
  • Effective (37)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (31)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (17)
  • Heavy (3)
  • Small volume (3)

• Laundry room (46)
  • Cleaning (29)
  • Home (22)
  • Travel (10)
  • Dorm (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (27), Homeowner (12), Renter (4), Housekeeper (3)
    • I received a sample (30), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (7)

If Tide and Downy Had a Baby, This Is What You'd Get

In our household, my hubby is the one who gathers the coupons and purchases the laundry products.  Depending upon what's on sale on any given week, I'm never exactly sure what I'm going to end up using to launder my clothes.  Usually I don't give the laundry detergent a second look, but when I noticed a bottle of **Tide with a Touch of Downy**, I immediately did a double-take.  Two excellent products all in one.  I was happy to give this detergent a spin in the washer.

I poured a capful of Tide with a Touch of Downy into my front-loading washer to clean and soften a couple of sheet sets.  The liquid detergent smelled great straight from the bottle, but would it hold up through a wash, rinse, and dryer cycle?.  Not surprisingly--to me anyway--Tide with Downy did an excellent job of cleaning along with leaving my sheets with an infusion of "April Fresh" scent and long-lasting softness.  My 100% pima cotton, 600-thread count sheets were virtually wrinkle-free and invitingly soft without any residue.  I love this product.

Overall, **Tide with a Touch of Downy **is a high quality liquid laundry detergent that justifies the higher price tag.  I hope we continue to find coupons for this great product.

Hate it.

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent has to be the worst laundry detergent I have EVER used. I don't know if I just got a bad bottle, but the soap was sticky, and thick, almost like a jello material and was impossible to pour. After fighting for around 10 minutes to get it out of the bottle, I tested the soap on some old towels just to be safe that it wouldn't harm my clothes, well was I ever lucky I did make sure to test it. I had a mixture of light pink towels, and white towels, and when I took them out Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent had died them blue! A deep dark shade of blue came from the color of the Detergent! Like I said, I don't know if I had gotten a bad bottle, but I definitely don't recommend this detergent, and will NOT be recommending this to anyone I know, maybe my worst enemy though!

Acted like a food coloring, made my white towels dark blue, and my pink towels an ugly brown color.

Surprisingly, this detergent had 0 scent to it, smelled like water. At least if it would have smelled rotten I would have known not to use it, thank god they were old towels!

I absolutely love this product

from Valdosta, Ga

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent

Cons

• No cons

• Laundry Room

Comments about Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent:

It's the only brand I use. Would never consider using anything else. It smells great and the clean is awesome.

I always buy tide

from Clear Fork WV

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I always use tide because my family has been using it since I was a little girl. I have been using the tide with a touch of downy but for some reason my clothes have been losing their sent after a day or so. I still love it! But I just switched and bought Tide Coral Blast and that is amazing and lasts for days!

I always buy Tide

from Crooksville Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Travel

I use Tide for everything makes clothes smell great and gets stains out

My favorite

from Chino ca

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent

• Laundry Room

I switch from gain to tide I fell I love after the first wash leaves clothes clean and soft

I absolutely love tide

from Tazewell Tennessee

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm
      • Travel

Excellent product the only problem i have with this is the price.

Smells awesome

from Otsego mi

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
      • Great Scent
      • Simple Instructions
      • Smells good for a week

Cons

• Expensive
      • Small Volume

• Laundry Room

I use it when i can but very expensive so i also can't afford it regularly. It smells great and works well .

This product is dependable and reliable for dirty loads

from Charlotte

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I've used this product to clean dirty football uniform and practice wear. My sons uniforms would still look clean at the end of the season. I also use for my husbands works cloths to clean the red dirt stains out of his clothes and socks. Most dependable detergent for heavy stained loads.

Best liquid laundry detergent

from Cincinnati, oh

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I have a lot of brand experience with Tide and the touch of downy April fresh is one of my very favorites from the brand. My clothes are always clean, bright, fresh and great smelling after a wash with this detergent. Sometimes I use scent boosters, but with Tide with a touch of downy April fresh it is not at all necessary because my clothes have enough lasting scent just from the detergent. Not to mention that using a fabric softener is also optional! This detergent not only met but exceeded my expectations the first time I tried it. It gets out my kids stains, has a great and lasting scent and leaves my clothes beighter, and soft. I recommend this product to anyone who wants their clothes not just clean, but bright, soft and conditioned and LOVE to have scent obvious after washing!

The best detergent I have ever used

from Brunswick, ME

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I have sensitive skin so I am limited to what detergents I can use. I have 3 boys who go rough on their clothes. This detergent is the best at helping get the stains out and to keep our clothes looking radiant. My family and I also always get compliments on how our clothes smell wonderful. Although Tide tends to be a little on the pricey side for detergent, I do believe you get what you pay for, worth every penny in my opinion!

I will continue to buy this product forever!

from Jonesboro, Arkansas

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I love the smell of tide with downy and the softness that it gives my clothes and towels! The scent last a really long time too!