4.8
2321I
Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent

4.8

Pros

• Great scent (16)
  • Gets stains out (15)
  • Easy to use (14)
  • Effective (12)
  • Simple instructions (10)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (5)

• Laundry room (16)
  • Cleaning (14)
  • Home (6)
  • Travel (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (10), Homeowner (4)

If Tide and Downy Had a Baby, This Is What You'd Get

In our household, my hubby is the one who gathers the coupons and purchases the laundry products.  Depending upon what's on sale on any given week, I'm never exactly sure what I'm going to end up using to launder my clothes.  Usually I don't give the laundry detergent a second look, but when I noticed a bottle of **Tide with a Touch of Downy**, I immediately did a double-take.  Two excellent products all in one.  I was happy to give this detergent a spin in the washer.

I poured a capful of Tide with a Touch of Downy into my front-loading washer to clean and soften a couple of sheet sets.  The liquid detergent smelled great straight from the bottle, but would it hold up through a wash, rinse, and dryer cycle?.  Not surprisingly--to me anyway--Tide with Downy did an excellent job of cleaning along with leaving my sheets with an infusion of "April Fresh" scent and long-lasting softness.  My 100% pima cotton, 600-thread count sheets were virtually wrinkle-free and invitingly soft without any residue.  I love this product.

Overall, **Tide with a Touch of Downy **is a high quality liquid laundry detergent that justifies the higher price tag.  I hope we continue to find coupons for this great product.

Hate it.

Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent has to be the worst laundry detergent I have EVER used. I don't know if I just got a bad bottle, but the soap was sticky, and thick, almost like a jello material and was impossible to pour. After fighting for around 10 minutes to get it out of the bottle, I tested the soap on some old towels just to be safe that it wouldn't harm my clothes, well was I ever lucky I did make sure to test it. I had a mixture of light pink towels, and white towels, and when I took them out Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent had died them blue! A deep dark shade of blue came from the color of the Detergent! Like I said, I don't know if I had gotten a bad bottle, but I definitely don't recommend this detergent, and will NOT be recommending this to anyone I know, maybe my worst enemy though!

Acted like a food coloring, made my white towels dark blue, and my pink towels an ugly brown color.

Surprisingly, this detergent had 0 scent to it, smelled like water. At least if it would have smelled rotten I would have known not to use it, thank god they were old towels!

tide

from egypt

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
  • It 's easy - to - use and removes difficult spot

Cons

• Its size is relatively small to the size of othe
  • Small Volume

• Cleaning
  • It's good at cleaning and very effective and ine

Comments about Tide with a Touch of Downy Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent:

I am the manager of the house. I spend the house. The product is very neutral and there is nothing wrong with it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Cleaner Fresher Smells Great..

from Utah

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Home
    • Travel

I was initially using a different detergent which had made our clothes dull in color (specially the whites). One of my friend recommended Tide Downy.I wasn't very sure about the product as I had never used it before. On my first wash itself the clothes turned bright and very clean.It smelled great and was as good as new. I was pretty excited seeing the change in all the clothes that were put in washer. I was able to get any stains off the cloth with Tide, specially with a toddler running around and spilling food/juice. Tide saved my life now I don''t have to worry about removing stains or getting cleaner clothes. I recommend it all my friends. I vote for this liquid laundry detergent.

Smells great

from Longview Texas

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Causes Allergic Reactions

• Laundry Room

I love this smells and the way it works but it causes me and my husband and kids to break out

Smells great works even better

from Sapulpa, OK

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

I have always used cheaper brand laundry detergents thinking all brands were basically the same. Why pay more to get the same effectiveness? I had always heard Tide worked the best. I was very skeptical as I had tride another well know brand that was a bit pricey and it wasn't as good as I had hoped and the smell was so over powering it caused a migraine.
    I went out and purchased few different varieties of Tide and I had received a few samples so I could see how effective they were and just how great this brand was on cleaning and how wonderful this brand was. I tried the original brand, Tide Pods, Tide with Febreze and Tide with Downey.
    I have to say I loved the Pods because there is no measuring, there is no mess, no trying to fidget with the cup and then rinse it out. Just throw a pod in and you are done but I felt they were a bit pricey for what you were getting. The original was great but lacking a bit of the smell I was looking for. The Febreze and Downey were spot on. My clothes were bright, soft, clean and smelled amazing! I was forever using bleach on my whites but not with Tide. Tide brightened my clothes with out breaking down the fabric like bleach can. Grass stains on knees that little boys are infamous for obtaining were gone and I didn't have to persoak, prewash or use a stain releaser.
    My son's baseball uniform looks brand new even after playing in the mud. Tide works like no other detergent. Smelly stinky clothes and items that have a funk to them can be washed with Tide and the smell will be gone. TIde protects fabrics so you don't have to worry about of you are washing them too much. Tide with Downey gives it that added softness and touch of fragrance with out being overwhelming or overpowering. Sheets and towels are soft and fluffy. Old lifeless blankets come back to life after one wash. Tide may be a bit more pricey but it is worth every dime.

Love

from tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent

• Laundry Room

I do not use Tide all of the time, I do have another preferred brand but Tide is the next best thing. It's great that Tide decided to put a fabric softener in with their detergent, that alone saves some money. I don't use it as my preferred brand because it cannot get out pen or motor oil. Due to my husband working in a mechanic shop and my kids getting everything possible on their clothes I use another brand. However, Tide does get out most stains such as grass and dirt out of clothes quiet well. When I can't find my brand of detergent I go for Tide. And since Tide started using Downey in their detergent it's the one I buy. I was surprised that they didn't raise the price of it when they added the Downey. It smells great, conditions your clothes, and keeps your clothes from fading very well. I always keep a bottle of Tide with Downey in my laundry room so when I get a chance to wash just my clothes I use this Tide. The scent of the Downey stays for awhile, keeping my clothes smelling like they have just been washed.

Smells Great

from tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I love the smell of the Tide with Downy, and it isn't expensive to buy. Overall Tide will clean your clothes pretty well. And I still use Tide from time to time because they have a lot of really nice scents. This ome really does smell like Downy and not like some cheap knock off version. However Tide doesn't clean as well as my current laundry detergent and cannot get out my family's stains out very well. I can use Tide on my clothes without worrying about it but I cannot use it on my kids jeans or my husbands jeans and expect it to come out clean. My three boys get everything on their clothes and my husband works in a auto shop so he gets oil on his clothes, Tide cannot meet my family's demands. I did eventually find a laundry detergent that can clean everything that I needed it too, but sometimes I will buy Tide with Downy and I will use it on my clothes. I already buy Downy liquid fabric softner, so when you use them both together it just makes it smell that much better.

My favorite

from Maroc

About Me Professional

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions
        • Very very nice

• Travel

Suuure very very nice

I only buy this!

from Mexico, Mo.

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
          • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Laundry Room

This stuff not only smells amazing, it gets rid of every stain including my newborn's formula and blow out stains!

My favorite Tide!

from Centralia, IL

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
          • Simple Instructions

• Home
            • Laundry Room

I am more than slightly OCD about my laundry... no one is allowed to use my washer/dryer and every load is perfectly separated and has its own specific wash cycle and dry time and combination of detergent and fabric softener. After trying multiple brands, it's is definitely the superior brand but I don't care for all the scents (especially sport). This one has a strong enough (fresh/clean) scent that I notice it on my clothes but not overwhelming or irritation. I also am able to use less softener (love money saving!) with the "touch" of downy but doesn't effect items I don't usually use softener on (towels/sheets). Two thumbs up!

ide known in the Gulf and is the leading brand here

from Saudi Arabia Riyadh Shihab bin Abdullah

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

One of the largest companies in the Gulf of Tide selling hand personally do not buy Tide, but because he do not trust him, but to remove the harsh spots there are many products in the market, but all to no avail I think the number 1 in the Gulf as cheaply and prices Unlike many products