Other Detergents:
Tide
13878EA
Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent

Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Gets stains out (17)
  • Great scent (15)
  • Easy to use (14)
  • Effective (14)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (11)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (8)

• Laundry room (16)
  • Cleaning (13)
  • Home (8)
  • Dorm (4)
  • Travel (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (7), Parent (6)

Detergent makes me itch- but not Tide! Smells & feels great!

Okay, I have tried about a million laundry detergents. Everything from Tide to All to Eco-friendly products to baby products like Snuggle. I have been there and done that! I often have itching, rashes and some reaction to detergent. In the end, I always come back to the Original Tide laundry detergent.

Tide smells great, feels great and is my go-to laundry detergent. After years of testing out dozens of detergents, I will always default to the freshest smelling detergent- Tide! Okay, so now that you know it doesnt give me hives and it smells great, how does it clean?

I think it makes my clothes clean. They always look clean and fresh after I use Tide. But, I cant honestly say that it makes my clothes any cleaner than any other product I have used. WAIT- one exception: dye-free detergent always leaves my clothes looking dirty. I feel like those are great for allergies, but the clothes never look quite as clean.

So, I choose Tide for the smell, the cleanliness and my rash free living!

Tide Laundry detergent: makes me itch and they test on animals

I realize from reading other reviews that many people are BIG fans of Tide laundry detergent because it appears to clean efficiently. I have used it and I know that it is an effective cleaning product for clothing. However, there are some drawbacks that you need to consider:

1. TIDE makes me itch after a couple of washings. And it 's not just me, this affects my whole family. There is something in the chemical makeup that affects people with sensitive skin. It is very uncomfortable and is enough to force me to stop using it.

2. So, yes, it is good for getting clothes clean and getting stains out. (Not all stains, however, some of them have to be individually treated with other products). But that makes me wonder what is in there to clean things so zealously. I know the manufactuer (Proctor & Gamble) also make laundry products that are sold mostly in Mexico, where the consumer likes LOTS OF SUDS. Problem: lots of suds can mean that the soap is full of phosphates which are harmful to the environment. Should the American government even allow those Mexican-made soaps to be sold in this country? And is some government or consumer watchdog taking a look at just what goes into making TIDE? Just a thought.

3. My biggest complaint and the reason why I simply will not purchase TIDE is because the company is known for doing animal testing. I'm not a fanatic but I am an animal lover. I also have written to companies and asked for an explanation on why, in this day and age, they feel they need to cause pain to our animal friends in testing products. All of the work has already been done; companies know which substances cause which reaction; it all seems to be worked out. So why do they continue to do it? It makes me furious. Especially since none of them will reply. They are completely silent on the issue. Bunch of sadistic cowards.

So I use other products and add dish soap, stain removers, etc. as needed. People, your power resides in where you spend your money. Please write to these companies and/or do not buy TIDE or any other P&G products until they join the human race. Thanks.

My favorite!!

from Spring hill, Fl

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

You need very little of this product and your clothes come out clean and smells great. It is a little pricey but the little amount you need make up for it. I use this for a family of 5. I wont use any other brand anymore because i love how soft my clothes come out after i wash them.

My go to detergent

from Haw River, NC

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I've tried lots of detergents but always come back to the Original Tide. Works great and doesn't bother my kids sensitive skin.

I love this product

from Darien ga

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use a half cap of this in my load of laundry and they come out so fresh smelling and stain free

I buy this product every two weeks

from Maricopa,az

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use it every week to wash clothes and I love it. It's smeels good and takes out all the stains

The original is my favorite!

from Zeeland mi

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love tide. It smells great and always removes stains

I love Tide

from Old Monroe Mo

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is the only detergent that gets the majority of stains out of my children's clothing.

I would buy this product again.

from Beverly Hills, CA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

It gives off a great smell after I wash my clothes. Also helps get stains out!

The ONLY detergent I will ever buy no matter the price

from Naperville, IL

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have tried other products cheap and more almost same price, but nothing works better than tide. I hate to sound so commercial but it does take the stains out. I'm loving their pods at the moment too so I don't have to deal with the darn cup.

Great Product

from Lincoln, NE

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My family has used Tide since I was a kid. My Mom always used Tide and now I use it for my family. It really does lift the stains off. I'd recommend anyone and everyone to use it. It doesn't fade colors at all. It is gentle on fabrics, and skin. It doesn't cause my daughter to break out like other detergents I have tried have in the past. The smell is very good. There are so many different Tide products to choose from. Even the simplest is the best. It is a little more expensive than some other brands, but you get what you pay for. It is definitely worth the price! I have used Tide products for a long time, and I think I will continue to use it. It is one of the best laundry products that I have ever purchased.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

My favorite!!

from Tucson AZ

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My absolute favorite!! Every other brand I've tried over the years just doesn't get your clothes as clean, even the super expensive brands. With tide every single item comes out bright and fresh smelling. I've used Tide on both my boys clothes since birth and neither have ever had a reaction, it is so mild for sensitive skin it is even safe to use for cloth diapering. Nothing gets my cloth diapers cleaner than when I use tide