Other Detergents:
Tide
13878EA
Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent

Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Gets stains out (9)
  • Easy to use (8)
  • Effective (8)
  • Great scent (8)
  • Simple instructions (6)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (3)

• Laundry room (8)
  • Cleaning (7)
  • Home (6)
  • Dorm (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (4)

Detergent makes me itch- but not Tide! Smells & feels great!

Okay, I have tried about a million laundry detergents. Everything from Tide to All to Eco-friendly products to baby products like Snuggle. I have been there and done that! I often have itching, rashes and some reaction to detergent. In the end, I always come back to the Original Tide laundry detergent.

Tide smells great, feels great and is my go-to laundry detergent. After years of testing out dozens of detergents, I will always default to the freshest smelling detergent- Tide! Okay, so now that you know it doesnt give me hives and it smells great, how does it clean?

I think it makes my clothes clean. They always look clean and fresh after I use Tide. But, I cant honestly say that it makes my clothes any cleaner than any other product I have used. WAIT- one exception: dye-free detergent always leaves my clothes looking dirty. I feel like those are great for allergies, but the clothes never look quite as clean.

So, I choose Tide for the smell, the cleanliness and my rash free living!

Tide Laundry detergent: makes me itch and they test on animals

I realize from reading other reviews that many people are BIG fans of Tide laundry detergent because it appears to clean efficiently. I have used it and I know that it is an effective cleaning product for clothing. However, there are some drawbacks that you need to consider:

1. TIDE makes me itch after a couple of washings. And it 's not just me, this affects my whole family. There is something in the chemical makeup that affects people with sensitive skin. It is very uncomfortable and is enough to force me to stop using it.

2. So, yes, it is good for getting clothes clean and getting stains out. (Not all stains, however, some of them have to be individually treated with other products). But that makes me wonder what is in there to clean things so zealously. I know the manufactuer (Proctor & Gamble) also make laundry products that are sold mostly in Mexico, where the consumer likes LOTS OF SUDS. Problem: lots of suds can mean that the soap is full of phosphates which are harmful to the environment. Should the American government even allow those Mexican-made soaps to be sold in this country? And is some government or consumer watchdog taking a look at just what goes into making TIDE? Just a thought.

3. My biggest complaint and the reason why I simply will not purchase TIDE is because the company is known for doing animal testing. I'm not a fanatic but I am an animal lover. I also have written to companies and asked for an explanation on why, in this day and age, they feel they need to cause pain to our animal friends in testing products. All of the work has already been done; companies know which substances cause which reaction; it all seems to be worked out. So why do they continue to do it? It makes me furious. Especially since none of them will reply. They are completely silent on the issue. Bunch of sadistic cowards.

So I use other products and add dish soap, stain removers, etc. as needed. People, your power resides in where you spend your money. Please write to these companies and/or do not buy TIDE or any other P&G products until they join the human race. Thanks.

Great Product

from Lincoln, NE

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive

• Travel

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My family has used Tide since I was a kid. My Mom always used Tide and now I use it for my family. It really does lift the stains off. I'd recommend anyone and everyone to use it. It doesn't fade colors at all. It is gentle on fabrics, and skin. It doesn't cause my daughter to break out like other detergents I have tried have in the past. The smell is very good. There are so many different Tide products to choose from. Even the simplest is the best. It is a little more expensive than some other brands, but you get what you pay for. It is definitely worth the price! I have used Tide products for a long time, and I think I will continue to use it. It is one of the best laundry products that I have ever purchased.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

My favorite!!

from Tucson AZ

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My absolute favorite!! Every other brand I've tried over the years just doesn't get your clothes as clean, even the super expensive brands. With tide every single item comes out bright and fresh smelling. I've used Tide on both my boys clothes since birth and neither have ever had a reaction, it is so mild for sensitive skin it is even safe to use for cloth diapering. Nothing gets my cloth diapers cleaner than when I use tide

Good product

from Joplin,MO

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I usually guesstimate the amount of detergent I put into a load. I've never had problems with my clothes not getting clean or with soap stains when I take clothes out of the washing machine. It gets clothes clean and fresh without damaging delicate clothing.
      Their pods would be easier to use for traveling without compromising the quality, but this is a good value for the product.

Would buy again

from Wing Alabama

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Best detergent by far. Tide original hasn't been beat by any I've tried.

cheap for review

from detroit mich .48212

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

i really love this product it gets clothes fresh a and clean i love the smell i love the bright ness the smell last a long time the clean ness last a long time this is really a good product to buy for many uses i will refer this to family and friends and any body i got a sample free for my honest review

Works well

from Austin, TX

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I remember using tide being used since I was a child, but I tried several other detergents after I had my own kids. After many failed attempts at switching, I'm back to using tide. I do still use a couple others, but tide is my preference right now. My clothes are clean and have a long lasting good scent. With kids and a sweaty husband, I have a lot of different laundry woes, and while tide may not help with all of them, I'm able to tackle most of the issues with the simple use of tide.

I would buy this product again!

from Kansas City, Missouri

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent

• Travel

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

After trying various types of detergents, I found that Tide works the best! It always works great on getting the stains out, but most of all what I find most appealing about it compared to other brands is that my clothes always come out of the washer smelling fresh and very clean. Overall, the scent is great, and I'm usually sensitive to different types of perfumes and/or fragrances, as they tend to me a headache. It's really not over powering, plus I have sensitive skin and have to be careful what types of detergents I use, I have never had any problem with this brand. Other detergents seem to fade my clothing quicker compared to Tide, as it helps to keep colors vibrant. It's wonderful and I would recommended it to everyone!

Amazing

from Windsor, Ontario

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive
            • Small Volume

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I like to use this detergant because it is very effective on stains,, I can count on it to remove all types of stain on my boys clothes.. Grass is really hard to clean but with Tide nothing to worry about.. The only thing i don't realy like about this product is the price..ot is expensive little bit but I find it on sale sometimes which makes me buy many :)

Tide is amazing!

from ferndale wa

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Tide is the very best laundry detergent on the market for years now, and continues to prove that it is the best you can buy. This laundry detergent treats my family's clothes like they have had a trip to the dry cleaners it works that amazingly! This laundry detergent is a fairly decent price, cleans better than it claims to clean, and leaves an amazing scent on your clothing that is sure to delight you, and if for any reason you do not like the scent Tide offers many other wonderful scents that I absolutely love. What's not to love about this amazing product? I have been using Tide detergents of many varieties, types, and scents and I have not found a single reason to not love it. Out of all the laundry detergents I have used and sampled I cannot imagine using any other laundry soap than Tide, I really can't nor do I want to use any other. Tide gets out weeks old stains, brightens the colors and whites in your laundry, and makes all smells completely disappear. It even prevents color bleeds, I will always recommend Tide above all other detergents every time because it is truly the best money can buy and such a great value.

A favorite in my home

Comments about Tide Original Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is great product and I rely on it to clean my clothing, even the dirtiest of my clothing. I have been a Tide user for as long as I can remember, so when I come up with new ideas that make my life easier I am on board to try them. As a permanent staple in my home, I highly recommend this Tide formula.

I really like the Tide brand and have been relatively happy with the original Tide powdered formula for the most part, until the liquid formula came out. I like the liquid Tide better because I never have to worry about powder residue on my clothing, if I happen to use a cold or warm water temperature. This product dissolves in any temperature water quiet easily and I never worry about a slick and sticky residue on my clothing after I have laundered them.

I like the original scent of this product. It is more concentrated than the powdered Tide. t is not overpowering to the nose and it does not irritate the skin or the nose at all.