Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Tide
Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent

Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Effective (4)
  • Gets stains out (4)
  • Great scent (4)
  • Easy to use (3)
  • Simple instructions (3)

• Laundry room (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (4)

Tide plus Febreze Sports gets ANY odor out of clothes!

I don't normally use Tide laundry detergent, but I received a free sample of Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent in the mail, so I decided to put my [Purex Naturals Laundry Detergent][1] away for one wash.

**Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent **is designed to keep your "active" clothes smelling fresh by removing odors, and it is supposed to be great for removing sports stains like dirt, grass, clay, blood and mud.  Tide says that it's the "#1 sports detergent for stain removal".

The sample I received came in a scent called "Active Fresh Scent".  It smells amazing.  It is so fresh and clean smelling, but also a teeny tiny bit fruity too.  I love the way it smells!  I waited to use my sample until I had a load of clothes that had a stain on them.  This weekend, my husband and I went out to dinner and he got a food stain on his pants, so I threw them in the wash with my sample of Tide, along with my husband's stinky gym clothes and waited to see what happened.

Unfortunately, the stain was still on my husband's pants when they came out of the wash.  It was a red sauce stain, so I didn't really expect it to come out, regardless of what detergent I used.  What's awesome though, is that his gym clothes came out smelling better than ever.  Usually they come out not stinking, but not especially fresh either.  This time they came out smelling clean and fresh, with the wonderful Febreze scent.

I gave **Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent **4 stars because, even though it didn't get the stain out of my husband's pants, it did make the load of clothes smell wonderful, even my husband's gym cloths.  This product isn't as eco-friendly as my Purex Naturals, but I would recommend it those who love a strongly scented laundry detergent that smells wonderful.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Purex-Natural-Elements-Laundry-Detergent-review-69ea4

Tide Sport's scent is super potent

Tide plus Febreze Sport has one of the most powerful scents I have ever experienced in a detergent. We bought this to try and unstank some stinky clothes and towels that had sat around wet or unwashed for way too long. Washing them multiple times, even with bleach, could not conquer that funkiness. The Tide Sport actually worked and the clothes were unstunk. However, it was so potent at the recommended usage amount that the new smell was unbearable. The scent was “make you choke” powerful. The good part about it though was that once the Tide Sport took over the scent of the clothes, the old stink never returned, even when washed without Tide. Somehow the Tide Sport had kicked the old stink out of the clothes, it wasn’t just covered up. Knowing how strong this stuff is, we now only add a drop or two of it to some laundry loads, in addition to our preferred “unscented” detergent. I never use it on anything that goes on my bed however; any amount of Tide Sport in sheets or comforters is too fragrant to try to sleep in.

Tide Febreze Sport has a nice scent, but it is super strong. If I used any more than a dash of this stuff on a full laundry load, it would make me choke. I would not use this as a regular laundry detergent.

I wouldn't buy anything else

from Cherry Valley

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

As a Mom of boys, I want an effective productthat does a consistently good job. Tide with Febreeze Sport does just that. And the smell lasts such a long time!

Gets stains out/smells awesome

from Dallas,TX

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I have kids and a husband that works construction. I wash several times a week and sometimes several times a day. I need a detergent that's tough on stains, works well and leaves my clothes in good condition. With Tide plus Febreze I get everything going I need.

It's really tough on stains. If there's stains like grass or anything goes the kids get inyo, I usually just pre-soak it and spot wash it. Then, I stick it in the washer with this a.day the stains magically disappear. It also keeps my clothes looking bright as well.

As far as scent goes, I just love it! The Febreze really adds to it. It leaves my clothes smelling super clean and fresh. You really don't even need fabric softener. Of course, you can use it if you like.

As far as price goes, it's not cheap, but not so expensive. The truth is that sometimes you do have to pay a little more for quality. It's definitely worth paying a little more for. It doesn't stain my clothes. Keeps my colors looking bright. My clothes smells amazing. This is a staple in our household. For fresh smelling clothes that stays clean, Tide with Febreze really works for me and my family.

Smells like dirty sweat socks that have been left in a bag

from Lexington, KY

Pros

Cons

• Strong/Bad Scent

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

The first load I washed smelled so bad when I pulled it from the dryer that I thought I must have forgotten to put soap in (the load was full of my son and husbands gym cloths). I just washed another load this evening with it. Been I pulled the load from the dryer the smell was so bad I emirate you put it back in the washer with a different detergent AND scent booster. Hoping the smell is gone!

Best detergent ever

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
            • Dorm
            • Home

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is the best laundry detergent I've ever used so far. I use it on my kids sports clothes and gym bags along with clothes. The gym smell is so hard to get rid of but with this detergent it takes away every smell you can imagine that gets stuck in the gym bags. I use this mainly for sports gear along with sports bags. If you have kids who play sports or go to the gym then you need to give this a try you won't be disappointed. I use all tide laundry products with everything I wash but I save this one for the extra smelly stinky clothes. It's perfect for your dirty sports kids and gym kids. I can't stand the smell of the clothes before I wash it but once it's washed Oooh it's like brand new only better. Takes care of all those tuff green grass stains and brown dirty stains from sliding onto base.

Recommended for Mom's With Boys

from Stanwood, WA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
              • Dorm
              • Home
              • Travel

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I am a mom of 2 boys and a husband that is always doing projects and getting dirty. This laundry detergent is amazing. The boys get so stinky and sweaty doing sports I needed a product that would help get rid of the smells. I was very impressed when I washed their smelly clothes and there was no smell at all left. What was left was a very nice smelling clothes. Even the boys were impressed that their clothes were clean and smelled good.
              Love Tide.

Good for dirty stuff!

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love tide laundry soap it works great and keeps our clothes smelling fresh long after they have been washed. I have kids who get very dirty and my husband gets even dirtier. I tried this stuff a while back and it works better than the original tide on stains. I highly reccomend tide sport for dirty and stinky clothes because it will take out most stains and I've yet to have any of The stinky stuff I've washed come out smelling bad. It really works as good as they say it does. My favorite part about using tide sport is that the clothes will smell freshly washed for weeks after sitting in a drawer. I wouldnt use this stuff on baby clothes just because of the stronger scent, and it also may irritate sensitive skin just because this stuff is formulated for clothes that are stinky and dirty. I also noticed that a bottle of this stuff lasts a lot longer than other kinds. I always use less soap when I'm using tide, but with tide sport I use even less. No more than half to three quarters of a cup for an extra large load.

Awesome

from Edina, MN

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Tide does it again! Tide plus Febreeze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent is great! This has been great for keeping my kids and husbands clothes clean, fresh and in good shape even after they use them for sports, and running around. Tide is great by itself, but with Febreeze added its even better. This detergent is tough on stains and unpleasant odors, yet soft on your clothing and protects the colors and textures to help make your clothing last as long as possible. Its great for tennis shoes and socks as well, as they tend to get dirty more than other things. Tide sport comes at a reasonable price and you don't need a lot to get the job done. The lid is practical for measuring and pouring and making sure you use only what you need. I would suggest this detergent for anyone who does any time of sport or has active children.

In the top as always.

Great scent combined with the freshness of Febreeze.

Awesome product

from Brooke tx

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love this stuff! I usually try to buy scent less detergent but we purchased this one because it was on sale. My husband plays a lot of sports and in the summer times plus sports equals sweat. We tried this and it works great. It's a strong but not bad scent. It's almost like a heavy duty type detergent. They have a few different scents but they are all good and not too strong. The clothes comes out smelling great and not good quality. It also has a strong enough smell to carry across the house and smell good. I would never have purchased but because of the sale I did but now glad I did because it's all we use now.

It doesn't make clothes too strong on scent. I don't like scents but this one is good. It washes out the smells you want out and at the end it makes it smell like nothing was ever wrong!

I don't normally like scented but this one is great. Scent is not too strong it's just good and helps with stinky clothes.

Good product

from NA

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I purchased Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent only twice till date because the amount of detergent contained in the product does not last even for a month. The ingredients included in the detergent are biodegradable surfactants (both anionic and nonionic) and enzymes which help in removing stubborn stains without harming the quality and fibers of the fabric.

The detergent gets easily mixed with water and the foam produced manages to wash many clothes at a time and the fragrance of the clothes is very good and pleasant as well. There is no skin irritation or redness caused due to the use of this product. The product is safe to use in washing machines and it helps to remove any kind of stains whether oil stains, mud stains or stains caused due to sweat without fading the color of the fabric and the clothes. I manage to wash sweaters and blankets as well with this detergent which makes it feel soft and the sweaters do not shrink even after washing them several times with this detergent.

Gets the job done.

Comments about Tide plus Febreze Freshness Sport Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I am very excited to report that this product does everything that it says it will. I use this to wash my boyfriend's work clothing as well as his workout clothing that can be very smelly. It practically erases any trace of the item ever being used for working out and smells really nice! I am really picky when it comes to detergent scents and Tide + Febreze does a really good job at providing an overall clean scent. I am currently on my first bottle but when I run out I will definitely be headed back to the store and buying another. Overall this product sets high standards for other brands promising to do the same thing. I recommend at least trying this product and seeing if it works for you.

This product goes above and beyond in performance. It is a definite 10 out of 10.

The scent is very nice and has a lasting effect on clothing. It is a very nice, refreshing smell.