Other Detergents:
Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent

Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent

Pros

Cons

Best for dark clothes, stops fading and damage.

The Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent is recommended for dark clothing to remove dirt, stains, and to prevent them from fading in the wash. It will allow you clothes to keep the same dark intensity and color as if they were brand new. It is also gentle enough to use on sensitive fabrics like wool, cotton, and even silk. It won't cause them to shrink or lose their shape, and it will prevent your delicate dark clothes from becoming damaged.

Honestly, after using Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent. I will never use another laundry detergent again on my dark clothes. Most regular detergents fade dark clothing terribly, causing me to have to replace them more often. Woolite preserves and protects my dark clothing from fading and getting damaged. My clothes look brand new like the day I bought them, and that's because Woolite is gentle on clothing while removing stains and getting rid of odors. Since using Woolite my black and dark jeans haven't faded at all. It's worth it to me to spend the extra money since I buy expensive clothing. The Woolite Extra Dark keeps me from having to replace my clothes so often, and in the end, ends up saving me more money.

And not only does it protect my dark clothes, but it is also gentle on my skin as well. It doesn't cause any allergies or hives, and the scent isn't irritating either. So that's a huge plus. A detergent that is gentle on my skin and my clothes? I'll take it!

Woolite Extra Dark makes a huge difference when it comes to washing my dark clothes with it. I have a lot of dark/black jeans and shirts, and it keeps them from fading or getting damaged. I never use regular detergent on my dark clothes, only Woolite. It maintains and preserves the same dark intensity as the day I bought them.

Woolite has a nice light, and mild scent to it after it comes out of the wash. It isn't an overpowering scent, and it doesn't linger on your clothes. It's very un-noticeable/barely there, and it just leaves my clothes smelling clean and fresh. The scent does not interfere with perfume or cologne, which is nice because most laundry products are overly scented. Not only is Woolite gentle on my clothes, but it is gentle on my nose, and skin. The light fragrance makes it great for people with sensitive skin or allergies and asthma.

the jury is still out

My mom, the laundry queen, happened to mention Woolite Extra Dark Care laundry detergent, which of course, I had never heard of. Wearing a lot of black clothing myself, and husband as well, my ears perked up. My black jeans especially are looking faded and old. Well, this detergent goes in first, then your clothes, and cold water wash. My sense, after using it on our black clothing for the past two months is that it hasn't changed the appearance of the clothing because it's probably too late. I will definitely keep using this, especially as I buy new black things to test the theory that it prolongs the look of the garment, but for right now, the jury is still out.

Loved this product, but can't find it anymore

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

I used to exclusively buy this product/brand, but I can not seem to find it in stores anywhere around me anymore so I ended up switching to another product. I loved the way it protected my dark clothes through every wash. I don't usually have many light clothes at all, so this was the perfect every-load detergent that made me feel good about preserving the freshness in the dark clothes. The smell was neutral, but pleasant. And I only needed to use a small amount for fresh clothes, so the bottle lasted a really, really long time. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good dark clothes fabric softener.

Protects dark clothes very well, even with occasional light-er things thrown in the mix. My clothes stayed looking new every time I washed them so I can't complain.

Very neutral smell, but was nice. Smelled good coming out of the dryer and smelled fresh afterward too.

Great for dark jeans

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

While I am generally committed to a different brand for the majority of my laundry, I love woolite extra dark for my dark jeans and dark tops. This stuff does a great job at keeping my dark jeans dark. In the past I would have jeans that would slowly become lighter and there would oftentimes be spots of lightness in the midst of the dark. Not attractive. This product has helped keep my jeans dark for longer. Exactly what I needed. This product is easy to use, does its job, and has a light and pleasant but still clean scent.

Does exactly what it claims it will do. Keeps my dark laundry dark, especially my dark wash jeans. I find it works great on my dark tops also, preventing a wash out effect.

I appreciate that this product has a very light scent. My clothes still come out smelling very fresh and clean, but they do not smell like perfume or anything overpowering like many detergents do.

Best for dark clothes, stops fading and damage.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Perfect for Dark Wash Jeans

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

I love Woolite and I always have at least one bottle of it in my house. It is amazing stuff so when I discovered their Extra Dark Care Detergent I had to try it too.

I love that this comes in a black bottle which makes it super easy to tell it from my regular white bottle of Woolite. It may sound silly but it's a huge convenience.

I've tried this on my favorite navy blue sweater dress and my favorite dark wash jeans and it works perfectly every time. I have not noticed a hint of fading in either the dress or my many pairs of jeans even though I've washed them in this formula at least twenty times each. Jeans always seem to fade the fastest but I haven't seen any fading at all with any of my jeans, regardless of brand. This formula just seems to lock in the color somehow.

As a detergent it's super gentle so I can use it for delicates as well as other favorite clothes. It's powerful though since it can get the sweat and sunscreen out of my favorite workout clothes and it even worked to get coffee out of my jeans without leaving any sort of mark.

This has a very light, fresh scent and is not at all overpowering. Even though I do have rather sensitive skin it does not irritate me at all.

If you have dark clothes that you absolutely love and want to keep looking brand new I definitely recommend this formula. You simply cannot go wrong with it.

Great for Delicate Fabrics!

from MI

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

There is just something about Woolite that makes you feel really safe washing your even most delicate clothing items. I don't know what it is, but I really wouldn't trust any other brand to hand wash my delicate clothes.

I received a sample of Woolite Extra Dark Care detergent in the mail a few years ago, and I was completely impressed. Maybe it was all in my head, but I just felt like this product did an excellent job of cleaning my clothes, while being so gentle on them.

I have been a long time user of original Woolite for hand-washing delicate items, so when I was introduced to this product, I was very happy.

A little does go along way, because usually I don't have a TON of delicate items to wash, but the bottle is pretty small for the price. I like to be choosy about what I use this on, just because I try to get the bottle to last as along as possible. But, overall, I think it is worth the money and will continue to purchase this item for my super delicate items!

The absolute best for dark laundry

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

The Bottom Line: If you have dark clothes and dark jeans that you care about, and if you want their color to last as long as possible without fading, this is the product for you. It is a bit more expensive than regular detergent but so worth it. It WILL make a difference in the vibrancy of the colors over time.

I used to think that there really was not much of a difference in detergent and that dark clothes, and especially dark jeans, were bound to fade over time, no matter what detergent I used, and I will gladly admit that I was completely wrong. Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent DOES make a huge difference. I have been washing my favorite dark jeans and other dark clothing with this detergent and my three-year old jeans still look amazing and almost as good as new. Black shirts will notoriously fade within a few washes with regular detergent, but not with Woolite Extra Dark care. I have no idea what in the formula helps with keeping dark clothes dark, but it works. I now only use this detergent for my most prized jeans and dark clothes.

The Midnight Breeze scent is quite pleasant and light, and would probably suit most people. I always use scented fabric softener so I could not tell you if the Midnight Breeze scent lingers on clothes, but from the lightness of the scent, I would think not.

I use it for all of my colors

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

I love this stuff. I have always liked dark clothing, but I hated how faded my blacks would get (matching blacks is a must!) I tried this stuff and it's fabulous. I now wash all of my colors (brights, darks, and blacks) with it. I have sensitive skin and I haven't had any breakouts or rashes from this detergent. The smell is amazing!!! I always have this in stock at my house.

This keeps my darks, brights, and blacks looking like new for longer. I even wash my whites with it. I like to keep clothing for a long time, and this helps with fading. I don't need to put off washing blacks anymore because this detergent keeps them looking like new.

Amazing scent!!! It lasts for a long time, but it's not as strong as some other detergents can be. If I'm wearing a freshly washed shirt only I and whoever hugs me can smell the detergent. I have a lot of allergies, and this has never aggravated them like other detergents can.

Great for those of us who wear mostly black

from Kansas

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent is excellent for those of us who wear a lot of black. Most of my clothes are black, it's just the color I like to wear. It keeps your dark tops darker for a longer period of time than normal detergent. It's also great for dark wash jeans, they won't fade to a lighter shade. It's so nice.

Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent does a great job of keeping your dark clothes dark even after numerous washes. Generally after a few washes of dark clothing you can kind of start seeing them fade. Your dark clothes continue to look NEW with this product. I really like that my clothes don't start looking worn out like they usually do. As I mentioned before it's great for dark jeans. I like dark wash jeans but usually after a few washes they start to fade and I don't like the wash as much. I don't have to worry about that with Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent.

The detergent smells good and cleans well. Your clothes continue to smell good after they are washed with this product.

I highly recommend this to anyone who wears a lot of dark clothing. It keeps them looking new and not faded at all.

Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent keeps my dark jeans dark!!

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

I use this detergent only for washing my dark blue jeans that I want to keep from fading and it really does help! I wear dark colored jeans to work and used to have to buy new jeans every 3-6 months when I washed them in regular detergent. With Woolite Extra Dark Care my jeans are staying dark for much longer, as much as one year now for one pair of jeans that I own! Overall for the price, the savings that this detergent gives me by not having to buy new jeans is money well spent and saved!!

As already mentioned I use this detergent to wash dark blue jeans that I need to stay nice and dark to wear them to my place of employment. Woolite Extra Dark Care does keep them dark much longer than any other detergent ever did.

The sent of this Extra Dark Care is light and refreshing. If you have ever used any other Woolite product, expect this detergent to smell very similar to them.

Keeps clothes from fading

from Rome, PA

Comments about Woolite Extra Dark Care Detergent:

Woolite dark does what it says, keeps clothes darker longer. My husband dresses like a stereotypical biker with very dark clothing, mostly black. I noticed that many of this shirts would fade much quicker than I would like to have seen so I looked into different options. I have been using woolite dark for a few years now and it seems to keep his clothes looking newer longer, now if only we can keep him from getting holes. Also, my husband has skin allergies and has no issues with this brand like he does tide. Even though it is not advertised as being good for sensitive skin I found it does help.

Cleans clothing efficiently and keep dark items from fading. Dirt and grime disappear without taking the color with it. After having issues with fading for years I am glad I was able to find this product. Works better than other brands I tried previously.

This detergent smells very nice without being overpowering or "perfume like". Once clothing is done with the rinse cycle it is a very light scent that is left over.