Other Clothes Dryers:

Cons

Suitable

from Greenville, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

This is a nice intermediate dryer and has lots of good features and fits well into a small or larger family .

Load Capacity
I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of clothes this dryer would hold. I was not used to such a large capacity and I am thrilled I can dry so much at one time.

Great performance with this dryer. Dries the clothes to perfection and no lingering stiffness. I like the sensor feature and my dryers in the past did not have this. I looked for this option when I was considering models and that is why I did choose this Whirpool.

Very easy to use and the dials are very clear. The drop down door instead of the side opening door makes it easier to fit in my wash room. I love this as the side closing doors sometimes were swinging shut on me and I love this feature and it was one that actually sold me on the dryer.

Seems to be very well put together, but only have had it six months, so time will tell.

NIce design even though it is plain. This is what I wanted and do not the fancy frills.

• Load Capacity:

This dryer survived a cloth-diapering home daycare!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

Compared to the other dryers with their round glass doors and sports car red paint jobs, the Whirlpool Super Capacity Plus Gas Dryer is not much of a looker. It is however a serious workhorse. My family ran an in-home daycare that was licensed to care for fourteen and we only used cloth diapers. My job each night was to wash and dry all those diapers so I can personally attest to the enormous capacity and durability of this machine. When loading it, the size didn't feel much larger than a standard dryer. What impressed me though, was that I could stuff it to the gills with incredibly heavy soaking wet commercial-grade frefolds and it never stopped spinning like a champ. This dryer withstood years of thos daily abuse without a single service call before retiring to "normal" family laundry abuse when we closed the daycare five years ago. It's still running strong too!

Great dryer.

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I purchased this dryer along with the Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine. That particular washing machine fits a lot of wash in it. (Larger canister than most washing machines) I needed a dryer that could handle the extra wash and not take longer to dry clothes. This dryer meets those needs. I typically dry clothes for 60 minutes and never really have to refresh or add additional time to drying. Clothes never seem worn from drying. I've had this dryer for several years and I have not had to have any service calls.

Load Capacity
Great space and dries regardless of full load or sheet and blankets. Dries everything in a reasonable time.

Great performance, dries clothes and blankets and do not need extra drying time for larger bulkier items.

Easy to program to dry.

Has last several years with not one service call.

The design makes it easy to switch clothes from washing machine to dryer. Also the buttons are easy to reach and read.

Decent dryer

from San Gabriel, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

Our family bought this new when we moved in to our current residence seven years ago. It was bought in conjunction with the same series of whirlpool washer (already review on this site). This gas dryer does its job decently as it dry most of my wet clothes that I put in whenever I leave it at the "very dry" option. I know there's a "energy preferred" option to choose, but because most of my clothes are either jeans or sweaters or large bath towels, therefore I need to use either the "very dry" or the "jeans" option. I know it isn't as energy efficient as I would've liked, but that's the only one to thoroughly dried all my clothes. It really isn't the dryer's fault, but because of the fact I always have to use the "very dry" or the "jeans" option to dry my clothes, it really become expensive with my utility gas bill and that's when I have to deduct 1 star for it being a con for energy hog. If you are just drying light clothes and no heavy duty jeans or sweaters, then this Whirlpool gas dryer is a great choice as long as you use the "energy preferred" option to dry your clothes, otherwise, this is a huge energy hog if you dry your clothes with the "Very dry" or the "jeans" option. I would recommend this dryer.

• Load Capacity:

Love it. Huge capacity and dries well.

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I love that I can fit a weeks worth of laundry from 5 people in this dryer, no problem, and have it come out dry! Dries in the past I have had to run more than one time to get the clothes dry...maybe I overload it, but not a problem here. Has all your typical features of a dryer like air (not heat) low, med, high. So long as you care for your dryer and clean the lint trap after every dry and make sure it is vented out the back properly you will be happy.

Holds a ton.

Dries with ease.

No complicated digital displays, just turn and start.

No problems.

My only concern with all front-loading machines is kids messing around and playing in them, for that I'd rather not have a front loader...but otherwise fine.

• Load Capacity:

It's a fantastic machine!

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

We've been really pleased with this purchase. My favorite feature is how well it works-- dries clothes quickly and effectively, but my second feature? The front pull-down door! It's much better than the side doors. I can rest some clothes on the pull-down door and it's marvelous to help me organize.

It's no more quiet or noisy than other dryers and overall, it was an excellent purchase I'm still happy about! No confusing buttons and holds a large load.

Sturdy basic dryer

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I don't need 1000's of different functions so I went with simple model. It's a Whirlpool, so I have a peace of mind that it will last for a long time. I’ve had it for over 6 years. It works well. Only thing I wish is paid extra 60 bucks or so to buy the base stand so I don’t have to hunch over so much when I load and unload the dryer. The average drying time is around 40 minutes for extra large load.

Pleasantly surprised with the Whirlpool WGD5300

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Super Capacity 7.0 cu. ft. Gas Dryer:

I was used to my old dryer where it had a sensor that only noticed the load was dry if they  were so dry they were uncomfortable so you had to babysit the thing to make sure they were done correctly.  I was happy to find out that this is not the case with the WDG5300.  A load of just jeans comes out great and still soft and smelling nice like the fabric softner I put in the wash.  A mixed load comes out just as perfect with the heavy denims just as done as the lighter blouses and without being so tumbled that no matter what kind of fabric softener you put in it's full of static.  It's also easy on the gas bill which is always nice to see.  My bill actually went down a bit from one dryer to the other.  The different settings on the dryer (ie cotton, polyester etc) do fine as well.  It's easy to load, with the wide opening in the front, and easy to unload with it not being that deep.  I'd buy this one again!