Other Clothes Dryers:
Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer

Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer

This dryer stinks.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer:

There is nothing special about this dryer that makes it worth the money. The finish on this (and the accompanying washing machine) is awful and does not hold up to the environment or items being placed on them. It is a very thin surface that mars very easily. Additionally, there have been items that have gone back on this dryer in the few short years that we have owned it. It has also started chewing up our clothing. Clothing with ties on them will catch on the lint screen container and tangle up on themselves. It has gotten so bad that the ties will actually rip off of the material and ruin lighter clothing items. The steam feature does not do anything special and is not worth the extra money that we spent on that part either. All in all, I would not recommend the purchase of these types of washers and dryers. Stick with more traditional, more reliable models. At this time, I have to run the dryer two times in order to ensure that the load is dry. This just started recently. So when I hear the dinging telling me that the load is done, I go and check and find damp clothes inside. If I run the load a second time, the clothes will then be dry, but if not, I will have a damp pile of clothes.

• Load Capacity:

Whirlpool dryer is wonderful!

from Colo, IA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer:

We purchased the whirlpool duet steam gas dryer about a year ago and have been very happy with it. It has many options to chose from as far as dryer settings. It also has a built-in sensor which can tell if the clothes need more or less time and it adjusts itself. It runs very quietly also.

• Load Capacity:

Whirlpool Duet dryers are the greatest!

from Marion, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer:

I am so proud of my hometown for many reasons, but one reason is that the best dryers in the world are made here! Whirlpool Duets are made in Marion, Ohio, by proud non-union Americans!! Not only does our Whirlpool plant make incredible dryers, including the Duet, they are tremendous supporters of our community with involvement in activities as diverse as our Boys & Girls Clubs and our Jr. Fair Livestock Sale. They also offer college scholarships to many of the children of their employees. You can purchase Whirlpool dryers with the confidence you are supporting American made products in an American town.

OK, enough about how thrilled we are to have Whirlpool in our town. This is a downright incredible dryer. I've never owned a dryer that gave our clothes such a beautiful finish. Because I hate hate HATE to iron I love love LOVE the steam feature. I was hesitant to spend the extra money for the very top of the line but I am so glad I did because of the extra cycles. However, there are so many ways to combine the manual cycles I'm sure you can make them do almost everything you need. Don't hesitate, buy it! Mine is two years old and still like brand new.

A Whirlpool Dryer is worth the money.

from Macomb, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer:

I love my Whirlpool Dryer. It contains sensors to know how wet clothes are and how long to dry. Very efficient. Also, I love that I could stack it on top of my Whirlpool Washer. Not only did it save space in my laundry room, but it put it right at eye level, so no more bending like you used to have to do with regular dryers. No more crawling in the dryer for me.

WGD9550W is wonderful steam gas dryer

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Gas Dryer:

I bought WGD9550W gas dryer to replace current electric dryer. The best feature I am fan of is the steam dryer or refresh cycle. Any cloths that are not wored by me for while I through in the dryer for 10/15 minute refresh. Cloths comes our nice and fresh.

Hookup, was very easy. I was concerned as gas was involved. The instructions were clear and easy to understand. Took me one hour to hookup the hole dryer on stand.

This is wonderful product I recommend to my friends and any one looking for quality dryer.