Other Washing Machines:
Whirlpool
WFW9050X
Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer

Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer

Pros

• Energy efficient (4)
  • Clean clothes well (3)
  • Large capacity (3)
  • Quiet (3)

• Delicate (3)
  • Everyday clothes (3)
  • Heavy/bulky items (3)
  • Towels (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (4)

The Whirlpool WFW9050X Washer gives amazing results

I was reluctant to buy a front loader always having been a "top" washer owner.  One of my family members had just purchased one when I visited and said I should try hers to see if I liked as I was in the market after having my old top loader for over 20 years.  I can truthfully say it does wonders, I do very little hand washing now, as it fulfills all my needs.  My laundry beams! Great investment.

Be prepared to buy disposable clothing if you buy this machine!

This is the worst washer ever! It's the second front loader I've owned, and I'm very disappointed. It has wrecked more than 30 items in the last 8 months of owning. It has been serviced repeatedly and the problem of ripping clothes is never resolved. We've had enough! Whirlpool is not being helpful at all, they want to replace the unit - we want our money back. Of course they are not responsible for the clothing. Of course. Also the matching dryer has to be turned on AT LEAST a second time for the clothes to finish drying. The tech has checked this too and finds nothing wrong. Is this as good as it gets? Seriously?

WHIRLPOOL

from PA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding

GREAT WASHER

Nice

from Pittsburgh, Pa

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

This is a descent washer. It does save alot on your water bill. It is quiet and doesnt shake much. Only thing I dont like is the sock aways its suck in the front pocket so I always have a few sock that didnt get clean.

7 yrs now and zero service calls! LOVE my WFW9050XW00

from san rafael

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Quiet
      • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Shakes/Moves

• Bedding

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

never had a mold problem and never run it thru a self clean cycle cause it doesnt stink!
      never had a service call in 7 yrs some of it with tenants who dont care how it should be used
      I'm going to powder soap as it doesnt break down the seals around bearings etc never
      have I even cleaned the trap at bottom but i BETTER do it soon! my next machine will be whirlpool. go to u tube and see how to clean the dirt trap they get disgusting

economical and efficient

from london, ky

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

we use Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer for a little over a year now. and we are very happy with it , we chose to buy a whirlpool washing mashing since my parent have one for years and it works perfectly.

why we are happy with Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer;

-Ease of Use
        not very complicated if you used any washer before you will have no problem using this one.

-Energy Efficiency
        this machine is quite economical you wouldnt be wasting alot of water or electricity

-Performance
        clothes come out cleaner and often softer than the washer i had before, and not one piece of clothing got ruined by the washer.

-Durability
        although we have had Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer for over a year it's still looks brand new

i most certainly recommand this washer no matter how little or alot you'll use it, it will get the job done.

cleans well, but the time sensing is wonky.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

This washing machine does a great job of washing clothes with a variety of custom settings to choose from. It is much quieter than the old washing machine it replaced, which is an added bonus since the laundry room is right next to my daughter's bedroom. I do have one complaint with The washing machine: the time sensing is just off. Often I will go to check on the progress of the washing machine to find ten minutes remaining. I will come back in 9 minutes, and it will still say there are ten minutes remaining. It isn't the end of the world, but understand that. If it says your load will wash in 26 minutes, it could actually be over 40, depending on... I don't know what!

Still, we have been using this machine for a month now and are otherwise very happy with it. I would recommend it as ling as the timing issue won't bother you. It does the jib of gettibg dirty clothes clean, and that's what counts.

Great While it Lasted

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

When front loaders became available, I really wanted one. I heard that they got your clothes a lot cleaner, and that you could save money by using less water, washing larger loads, and having shorter drying times. I have found all of these things to be true. You also use a LOT less detergent than you would in a top loading machine. My bottles of detergent can easily last me four or five times longer than they did before. I can literally get years out of some of them. The thing that I was surprised to learn was that seven years later, I would need a new machine because the large bolt that holds up the drum cracked from normal use (holding up the weight of the wet clothes). My appliance repair man told me that this is pretty standard with front loaders, and that they have no choice buy to replace your machine when this happens. I was shocked to learn this. For what I thought was such a better, superior machine, I thought that they would be able last much longer than seven years. So while I was very happy while the machine was running, think carefully about if you want to buy another one again so soon.

I'm a fan

from Portland, OR

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I really like my front load washer. I like that i can see my clothes being washed through the clear window. I think the performance does very well. I like that this is didn't than top loader machines because it isn't being washed by an agitator and each item is getting it's own individual attention as it is being tumbled and swished around even. This is the biggest plus to the machine. The machine is very simple to use the buttons and desired type of wash and temperature are an each to use button and knob that are straight forward words and descriptions. I think the biggest downfall to the washer is it does collect water in the opening. I was warned about this at the time of purchase that when the clothes are down water collects in the opening where the door sits. To prevent foul odors after every use take a towel and dry it and leave the door open. So I have not had any issues every with it. The cleaning time is better than average and the detergent dissolves really well. Overall I am very pleased with this washer and dryer and would recommend it.

• Cleaning Time:

Whirlpool duet front load washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

This is a great washing machine, we have only had it a short time but so far I am very pleased with my purchase. It is high efficiency so uses less water which will save you money on your water bill every month. It has several temperature settings and several wash settings. My favorite is the quick wash, in less than thirty minutes my wash is clean and ready for the dryer. It also has a normal setting and a delicate setting. The soap dispenser pulls out and has a spot for powder, liquid, fabric softener, and bleach. It holds quite a bit too, I can fit a large amount of dirty clothes in it. I'm finding myself doing a lot less laundry since I bought this washer.

Energy Efficiency
        It uses less water and electricity to run, will save you money over time.

Cleaning Time
        The quick wash takes about 25 minutes to run a full cycle. The normal setting take about 35 minutes.

Gets all my laundry nice and clean. Runs fairly quietly and has a large capacity drum.

The dials are easy to figure out without a manual. I figured it out in just minutes.

Honestly it just looks like a washer, nothing really fancy!

So far it's held up very well for me.

• Cleaning Time:

I really wanted to love it, but I hate this machine.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

Having owned several over the years, I'm normally a huge fan of Whirlpool appliances. Unfortunately, the Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer has been the worst machine I've ever owned though. I've never seen anything that required so much constant maintenance! At first it was just quirky. I had to get used to leaving the door open between loads so my clothes wouldn't stink and accept the fact that sometimes the door would just pop open mid-wash, dumping soapy water all over the floor (even when I was only running a small load) for no apparent reason. The repair man would "fix" it, then it would happen again three weeks later. It finally stopped working mid- load and gave an error message so I went online and learned that it's a common problem with this model and found instructions to fix it by removing the front lower panel and unclogging the filter. What I found was socks. Lots and lots of socks. Turns out all those missing socks weren't just in my mind after all! I put it back together and it worked fine again, but I have to disassemble it again every couple months to unclog it again and I have to keep a velcro strap across the door. All in all, a huge pain in the neck!

• Cleaning Time:

Why are you waiting to save hundreds off of you energy bills?

from Flint, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I just upgraded to my Whirlpool fron load washer and loved it after the very first wash. Not only does it use SO much less water, but the cycles are shorter and the clothes come out cleaner! How do they do it? I have no clue but they are certainly experps at getting clothes clean without running up your energy bills.

Energy Efficiency
        The very top performance in energy efficiency. Not only does it use LESS water than traditional top loaders but it also uses less electricty. Now that's a winning combo!

Cleaning Time
        Whirlpool front load washers are very quick on a cycle. Also there are many options to choose from to get your clothes the cleanest that they can be.

Whether you're doing a huge load or a tiny one, you can expect that they will come out spotless everytime.

Very customizeable and simple to operate. Adjust it to where you want it, turn it on and go about your everyday activities without worry.

No matter what the style of your house, this stainless Whirlpool front load washer will be a great addition.

Expect to have this and any other Whirlpool product around the house for years and years.