Other Washing Machines:

Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer

Pros

Cons

The Whirlpool WFW9050X Washer gives amazing results

I was reluctant to buy a front loader always having been a "top" washer owner.  One of my family members had just purchased one when I visited and said I should try hers to see if I liked as I was in the market after having my old top loader for over 20 years.  I can truthfully say it does wonders, I do very little hand washing now, as it fulfills all my needs.  My laundry beams! Great investment.

Be prepared to buy disposable clothing if you buy this machine!

This is the worst washer ever! It's the second front loader I've owned, and I'm very disappointed. It has wrecked more than 30 items in the last 8 months of owning. It has been serviced repeatedly and the problem of ripping clothes is never resolved. We've had enough! Whirlpool is not being helpful at all, they want to replace the unit - we want our money back. Of course they are not responsible for the clothing. Of course. Also the matching dryer has to be turned on AT LEAST a second time for the clothes to finish drying. The tech has checked this too and finds nothing wrong. Is this as good as it gets? Seriously?

cleans well, but the time sensing is wonky.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

This washing machine does a great job of washing clothes with a variety of custom settings to choose from. It is much quieter than the old washing machine it replaced, which is an added bonus since the laundry room is right next to my daughter's bedroom. I do have one complaint with The washing machine: the time sensing is just off. Often I will go to check on the progress of the washing machine to find ten minutes remaining. I will come back in 9 minutes, and it will still say there are ten minutes remaining. It isn't the end of the world, but understand that. If it says your load will wash in 26 minutes, it could actually be over 40, depending on... I don't know what!

Still, we have been using this machine for a month now and are otherwise very happy with it. I would recommend it as ling as the timing issue won't bother you. It does the jib of gettibg dirty clothes clean, and that's what counts.

Great While it Lasted

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

When front loaders became available, I really wanted one. I heard that they got your clothes a lot cleaner, and that you could save money by using less water, washing larger loads, and having shorter drying times. I have found all of these things to be true. You also use a LOT less detergent than you would in a top loading machine. My bottles of detergent can easily last me four or five times longer than they did before. I can literally get years out of some of them. The thing that I was surprised to learn was that seven years later, I would need a new machine because the large bolt that holds up the drum cracked from normal use (holding up the weight of the wet clothes). My appliance repair man told me that this is pretty standard with front loaders, and that they have no choice buy to replace your machine when this happens. I was shocked to learn this. For what I thought was such a better, superior machine, I thought that they would be able last much longer than seven years. So while I was very happy while the machine was running, think carefully about if you want to buy another one again so soon.

I'm a fan

from Portland, OR

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I really like my front load washer. I like that i can see my clothes being washed through the clear window. I think the performance does very well. I like that this is didn't than top loader machines because it isn't being washed by an agitator and each item is getting it's own individual attention as it is being tumbled and swished around even. This is the biggest plus to the machine. The machine is very simple to use the buttons and desired type of wash and temperature are an each to use button and knob that are straight forward words and descriptions. I think the biggest downfall to the washer is it does collect water in the opening. I was warned about this at the time of purchase that when the clothes are down water collects in the opening where the door sits. To prevent foul odors after every use take a towel and dry it and leave the door open. So I have not had any issues every with it. The cleaning time is better than average and the detergent dissolves really well. Overall I am very pleased with this washer and dryer and would recommend it.

• Cleaning Time:

Whirlpool duet front load washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

This is a great washing machine, we have only had it a short time but so far I am very pleased with my purchase. It is high efficiency so uses less water which will save you money on your water bill every month. It has several temperature settings and several wash settings. My favorite is the quick wash, in less than thirty minutes my wash is clean and ready for the dryer. It also has a normal setting and a delicate setting. The soap dispenser pulls out and has a spot for powder, liquid, fabric softener, and bleach. It holds quite a bit too, I can fit a large amount of dirty clothes in it. I'm finding myself doing a lot less laundry since I bought this washer.

Energy Efficiency
It uses less water and electricity to run, will save you money over time.

Cleaning Time
The quick wash takes about 25 minutes to run a full cycle. The normal setting take about 35 minutes.

Gets all my laundry nice and clean. Runs fairly quietly and has a large capacity drum.

The dials are easy to figure out without a manual. I figured it out in just minutes.

Honestly it just looks like a washer, nothing really fancy!

So far it's held up very well for me.

• Cleaning Time:

I really wanted to love it, but I hate this machine.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

Having owned several over the years, I'm normally a huge fan of Whirlpool appliances. Unfortunately, the Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer has been the worst machine I've ever owned though. I've never seen anything that required so much constant maintenance! At first it was just quirky. I had to get used to leaving the door open between loads so my clothes wouldn't stink and accept the fact that sometimes the door would just pop open mid-wash, dumping soapy water all over the floor (even when I was only running a small load) for no apparent reason. The repair man would "fix" it, then it would happen again three weeks later. It finally stopped working mid- load and gave an error message so I went online and learned that it's a common problem with this model and found instructions to fix it by removing the front lower panel and unclogging the filter. What I found was socks. Lots and lots of socks. Turns out all those missing socks weren't just in my mind after all! I put it back together and it worked fine again, but I have to disassemble it again every couple months to unclog it again and I have to keep a velcro strap across the door. All in all, a huge pain in the neck!

• Cleaning Time:

Why are you waiting to save hundreds off of you energy bills?

from Flint, MI

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I just upgraded to my Whirlpool fron load washer and loved it after the very first wash. Not only does it use SO much less water, but the cycles are shorter and the clothes come out cleaner! How do they do it? I have no clue but they are certainly experps at getting clothes clean without running up your energy bills.

Energy Efficiency
The very top performance in energy efficiency. Not only does it use LESS water than traditional top loaders but it also uses less electricty. Now that's a winning combo!

Cleaning Time
Whirlpool front load washers are very quick on a cycle. Also there are many options to choose from to get your clothes the cleanest that they can be.

Whether you're doing a huge load or a tiny one, you can expect that they will come out spotless everytime.

Very customizeable and simple to operate. Adjust it to where you want it, turn it on and go about your everyday activities without worry.

No matter what the style of your house, this stainless Whirlpool front load washer will be a great addition.

Expect to have this and any other Whirlpool product around the house for years and years.

Great Washing Machine

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I have this washing machine in my cellar sitting next to a whirlpool dryer. and works great. This product can clean clothes in a variety of ways including heavy duty, whitest whites, normal, delicate and hand wash.

Cleaning Time
Because of the different settings, the cleaning times vary. The cleaning time can range from 20 minutes to 40 minutes.

This washing machine performs well and cleans clothes thoroughly.

It is not difficult to use this washing machine.

I like this design which features a door that locks when the dryer is running. In front of the washing machine, at the top, is a slot where cleaning products can be poured in.

This washing machine has been working well in my home for three years now.

• Cleaning Time:

Economical way to wash your clothes

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

I absolutely love this washer. I like that this washer uses very little water. It cleans really well in cold cycle. I use the machine as instructed for Bleach, fabric softener,... I've never had an issue with clothes not getting clean or with bleach ruining our clothes or having oily stain left on clothes. I have a dog and it is great with the pet hair. My son plays soccer and baseball and it perfectly gets rid of grass stain. I love the different options as far as the load size. Everyone one does their own laundry in my house and the result is the same. Very clean, great smelling clothes. The only draw back is YOU SHOULD NOT CLOSE THE FRONT DOOR AFTER EACH USE. leave it open and let it dry off...otherwise you will have black stain on the plastic.

Energy Efficiency
It is an Energy star product and saves you lots of money in electricity

Cleaning Time
It is programmable for various loads, fabrics, bulk material, normal or heavy soiled wash... depending on the different choices and I have used basically all the different programs manytimes... I find the cleaning time quite reasonable.

It does a fantastic job of cleaning but you have to use the right program and water temperature, options for pre-soaking, extra rinse cycle...etc

As long as you can read, you should be able to use this machine as it was designed for optimum performance and cleaning

I love everything about it except if you close the front door after the use, the inside plastic will have black moldy stain. As long as you leave the door open so it can dry... you will have no problem.

Fantastic. I originally bought one for my last home 12 years ago, sold the house with the washer and dryer and according to the buyer, she still uses it. bought another set for my new house... used it for 6 years and ended up renting the house.... now I am on my third set and have been using it for 4 years, It works great. I never had to make a service call in all these years

Awesome Front Load Washing Machine

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

Love our Kenmore front load washing machine. This is our second one. We had to leave our other one at our old house when we moved and this was our first purchase when moving into our new home. We have recommended this to others, who have bought it and loved it, too!

Energy Efficiency
It uses a lot less water and soap!

Cleaning Time
The wash cycles do not seem to take as long as a standard washing machine because there is a lot less water to drain out - I think that shortens the process. Your clothes come out a lot dryer in the process, which shortens your time in the dryer.

Clothes come out clean. We have washed a lot of bulky items, delicate things, dry clean only...such a variety!! Everything comes out amazing!! We are more than happy with the performance!

Super easy. There are a lot of choices of settings depending on what you are washing. You can change the temperature you want to wash your clothes in, add an extra rinse cycle, faster drain cycle - lots and lots of choices!!

We bought the pedestals and love the extra storage space underneath. Plus, it makes it easier on your back when transferring laundry from the washer to the drier.

No maintenance or warranty problems.

Review of the Whirlpool Front Loader High Efficiency Washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet High Efficiency Front Load Washer:

My overall rating of this product is a seven because after receiving the washer/dryer combo as a wedding gift (new) and using it for some months I noticed that there were some oily markings on me and my family's clothing and I could not pinpoint where they were coming from. I continued to monitor my washing closely and spoke with other customers with front load washers/dryers. They also shared with me that they had similar problems with their clothing being soiled with oily residue AFTER being washed in the front loader. Well come to find out, the problem is with the machine itself. The closed door somehow allows mildew to form sometime during the cycle of the cleaning process and the completion of the rinse cycles of the wash and therefore you get black/oily markings on the clothing as a result. If you can live with that, you have a good investment on a pair of front loaders. Unfortunately, I had to have mine replaced because we get enough unexplained dirt on our clothing to deal with some known residue on such a high end/quality product to keep our clothes CLEAN!

Energy Efficiency
The energy efficiency of this product was excellent. It used hardly any extra water/electricity to operate it.

Cleaning Time
The cleaning was fine. I had no complaints about this machine and its time it took to run its cycle.

The performance was not top-rate in ratings because of the oily residue issue.

The machine was user friendly.

The design was very modern and up to date. It was the perfect color for my house.

The durability was also questionable as it appeared to become unbalanced easily on small loads generally washed together in a previous washer smaller in size tub wise. I would not recommend this product for hard water, small spaces, large families , or removing pet hair. I did not receive a sample of this product nor am I an employee or otherwise affiliated with Whirlpool.