Other Washing Machines:
LG
WM2501HVA
LG Front Load SteamWasher

LG Front Load SteamWasher

Pros

• Adjustable settings (3)
  • Clean clothes well (3)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Large capacity (3)

• Bedding (3)
  • Everyday clothes (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Occasional user (3)

Loads of features for the price on the LG WM2501HWA

We recently purchased the LG WM2501 front loading washer to replace a 10 year old Whirlpool top loader. The washer broke and so we were on a mad dash to find a replacement. After some quick searching and review checking we found that the LGs get great reviews and have a ton of features for the price (good value!) We took delivery of the washer a week ago and so far have found it to work fantastically. The washer uses so much less water than our old top loader that it's hard to believe how well it washes the clothes. This model also includes the steam washing feature to help knock out stubborn stains.

The washer uses high efficiency (HE) detergent and not much is required which means cost savings in detergent. The small amount of water it uses also means lower cost of use.

Wash cycles are longer on the front loader than our old top loader but it's high speed spin removes so much water from the clothes that the dryer (energy eater) runs much less.

The LG comes with a generous 10 year warranty on the motor and is rated as one of the least repaired models by Consumer Reports. If you are on the fence with this washer I say buy.

good looking machine, nice features, but vibrates a lot on spin

I have really enjoyed my LG steam washer for some time now.  I love the super big capacity and all the settings, paticularly the sanitary and steam cycles.  When I have sick kids I run all the sheets, clothes, blankets, etc. in on the sanitary cycle and I feel confident that the germs are gone.  This is really an attractive unit, and the settings and controls are easy to use.  A couple drawbacks are the vibrating on high spin (even though we have tried to get it perfectly level) and occasional odor in the drum (even though we air it out after we use it).  The odor seems to go away almost completely if you use Tide HE versus another brand.  Overall I like the washer and all it can do, and in paticular enjoy being able to wash a lot of clothes at once.  We have not had any mechanical problems to date and the machine is very easy to clean and maintain.  I plan of having this for a long time to come.

the best ever

from algeria

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Leaky

the best ever

washer

from san marcos

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I like the technology of this machine is also very efficient

Good results, expensive to maintain.

from Long Island, NY

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
  • Large Capacity

Cons

• Breaks Down

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I have owned this unit since 2011. I have had to repair it in Jan. 2015, again in Oct. 2015, and I have just placed my 3rd repair call on 2/28/2016. Repairs to date involved the pump, tub-gasket, and heater. While the unit does a good to better job cleaning clothes, spending $464 in one year and anticipating another $225+ suggests it is simply not worth the up-front cost with attendant repair bills for 6 years worth of ownership. The failure rate of principal parts also suggests weak basic manufacture.

LG Washer best product

from KST889

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • The washing machine second to none so far worked
    • Washer good and excellent working hours

Cons

• Noisy
    • Shakes/Moves
    • Washing his damage inside the bathroom of contac

• Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Keeps the placemats washing troubles
    • Towels
    • Washing machine to wash the clothes and all purp

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This washing machine is clear evidence of how far along we are moving with modern appliances. Having been used to the crummy old washer and dryers that would leave my clothes looking worn or not properly cleaning them for the past ten years I decided I really needed to see a change. The LG is pretty much the answer to my prayers. After experiencing something so amazing I could never go back to anything less than this.

Energy Efficiency
    One of the worst things about my old washing machine was the water consumption. This LG washer is in my opinion as close as it gets to eco-friendly. It is "intelligent" enough of a design to make sure it uses just the right amount of water to sufficiently handle my laundry.

Of course my favorite thing about the LG washer is its steam wash feature which has proved to be an invaluable asset in stain removal. I have even been able to fully clean clothing with stains of wine.

A BRILLIANT WASHER

from uae

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Energy Efficient
    • Large Capacity
    • Quiet
    • Spins Clothes Dry

• Delicates
      • Heavy/Bulky Items
      • Towels

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This totally saved me!! A cabinet fell off my garage wall onto my washer damaging the dial and broke the supporting clips on the washer timer inside the unit. We couldn't figure out to get the knob off but this video saved us!! THANKS!!
      it can also mean the clear hose is clogged. I would first unplug the clear hose and start the machine at any cycle, if water starts filling it, blow into the switch where the hose connects to see if it stops the water and begins agitating. If this happens the switch is fine. Next, connect the hose and try a cycle again, if it agitates without filling, then the hose is clogged or kinked somewhere.

LG Washing Machine

Energy Efficiency

LG Front Load Washer with JUMBO capacity

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

We have owned this unit for about a year and recommend it to family and friends regularly. The capacity is what initially sold us on the washing machine, but the wonderful features like steam, stain removal, and quick cycle have been added bonuses. The unit is very contemporary and sleek-looking, complimenting our décor. The size of the unit required us to remove our laundry room door adjacent to the kitchen to allow less-cramped access, and it's really a gorgeous set which I don't mind being able to see.

It took a few weeks to learn most of the features, but it's a simple machine to just use on basic settings, as well. The tub size is dramatic and accommodates even king-size comforters with ease. We do tons of laundry with our family of five and being able to wash more items per load has been a huge time saver!

We have this setup in a stacked fashion with the accompanying dryer, which works well for us. We are tall and can easily reach all the controls, however I can see it being difficult for shorter individuals if stacked. I would buy this machine again!

• Cleaning Time:

Very stylish, effective washer.

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

The first reason why I came to this product was because of the looks. It has a very modern look which is good if you have a modern living space. The price of this machine is very costly, but in the end it is worth every single penny. I have noticed my clothes are not as worn out out of the wash as they had been with my previous washer. The noise level of this washer is low. I can't hear mine from the main floor (my washer is in the basement). This one is a new model, so it uses less energy, which I am all about for time and the planet! The time it takes to wash is pretty quick, it does the job faster than my old one. The faster the loads are, the more you can wash in that time which I take advantage of. It's very easy to use, but you might want to read over the manual to make you take advantage of all the great features. This machine looks like it will last a very long time, very durable looking, and sturdy.

fast washing

from Hartman, AR

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

I try to buy a new washer every few years or so. Cause I have a big family and I am always looking for something that is better than what I had before. This Lg front load steam washer is just what I needed. It is so easy to use. It has a turbo wash for faster washing times which is great if you need your clothes to be washed in a faster time. I have used it a lot when I needed to have the clothing washed and dried fast. If you use the turbo wash it will save you twenty minutes on your washing time, which is great if you do not have the time or just do not want to wait. The steam clean setting is really great. I can't tell you how many times I have had to use it, it is so much easier to put the washing machine on steam clean and put my wrinkled item in it then to iron it. It saves me time. I like that it also cleans the clothing very well on the turbo and steam clean cycles. I always wash my clothes in cold water and most machines do not let you have the option. Well with this Lg front load steam washer you have that option to use cold water to wash. It is big as well. I can wash a king size comforter and all the sheets that come off my bed in one wash and it gets them clean. That cuts down on the loads that I have to wash. I do use the turbo wash more often than not, just to save that twenty minutes per load. I save over four hours of time while washing the clothes.

Cleaning Time
      Use turbo and it will save you twenty minutes per load.

It gets clothes clean on any cycle.

So easy to use.

Will last for years.

• Cleaning Time:

The washing machine of the future

Comments about LG Front Load SteamWasher:

This baby is so sweet and easy to use! I originally bought it based of how cool it looked but was surprised to find out its the best washing machine ever. At 5.2 cubic feet it fits a lot of clothes! I even stuff multiple dog beds and there was still plenty of room. Its definetely the best washing machine Ive ever had, which saves me alot of trouble from multiple loads. There is a cool feature called TurboWash which speeds up the process of washing your clothes. The box says it saves you atleast 20 minutes on each load, no matter what settings you choose. Also has a process called SteamClean which eliminates dirt and odor. This is a professional washing machine that can take on anything. No more ruined clothes, this machine is smart and never lets the happen! Everything comes out fresh and clean just like expected. This machine is very efficient and has been able to clean all my babies clothes.