Other Washing Machines:
WFW9550W

Pros

Cons

Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 Washer - what a money saver

The Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 Washer is such a time saver. I was told that you could wash 27 pairs of jeans in this washing machine. Now, I have not washed 27 pairs of jeans, however I have washed much more clothing at one time than I ever could before. I washed our king size comforter. I washed a sleeping bag! This Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 Washer really does the job. You have many settings to choose from. Heavy duty, whitest whites, normal, delicate, or bulky. The detergent tray is in the front. You put in the detergent, fabric softeners and bleach. Shut the tray, select your setting and hit start. It has a pause button that can be used to add more clothing. The Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 washer is the most quiet washing machine I have ever had!! The first time I used it, I had to stand there to watch it because it made no sound. You can get the pedestal which would place the Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 washer higher. This of course cost more money. The Whirlpool Duet WFW9550 washer has cut our water bill by 10.00  a month. It costs less and does more. What more could you ask for in our busy lives.

Love the size but hate the mildew

We purchased this** Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer WFW9550W **about a year ago at Lowes.   We have not had good luck with washing machines, so we made sure to  purchase the extended warrenty.  I absolutely love the visual apparence of this washing machine.  The Whirlpool washer not only has a modern color but also a sleek design. But apparence is not why I purchased the Whirlpool washer.  So far I have enjoyed owning this Whirlpool appiance.  It is very quiet and the load capacity is great.  I am always doing many loads a day and I stuff that washer full of clothes/towels.  The only complaint I have so far is that the rubber seal on the front of the door has a tendency to grow mold from moisture.  I try to clean mine from time to time and I also keep the door open when not in use...in hopes to eliminate the moisture.  The mildew also smells bad.  I am sure I am not the only one with this complaint.  I would probably not purchase another frontloader because of this problem but everything else has been superb with my **Whirlpool Duet Front Load Washer WFW9550W.**

Easy but not Quick

from Tampa Florida

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Have had this washer for 2 years now( along with matching dryer). One of the major drawbacks is that the doors are not reversible, so if your house is plumbed like mine the doors hit each other.
It has more setting than I ever use but glad they are available. Do like the Quick Wash setting for just a few items and the Hand Wash. It is a bit too noisy for a closet or high traffic area. Mine is in a laundry room away from the rest of the house.

Another major drawback is how long the cycles take, normal without extra rinse is 59 minutes. that said I don't know how this is more energy efficient!

To cut down on the mildew smell I wipe the inside Every time, keep the door open and use the fanfresh setting but still need to use those cleaner tabs which seems redundant.
If you're going to buy a front loader this is a good choice, a workhorse.

Energy Efficiency
Can't tell with long cycles

Very long

Clothes seem as clean as other washers

Sometimes clothes stick to the top and sides.

Doors should be reversible!

Never a breakdown

We save so much money!

from Troy NY

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Our purchase of the Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer has really reduced our water bill! This washing machine uses so much less water than our previous regular washing machine did, we are so happy with our upgrade.

It also is much better on all of my delicate clothing, our old washer used to tear some of my more delicate shirts and dresses apart - but the Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer has a hand-wash option, which is as gentle with your clothing as if you had washed it by hand.

The Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer is also great, because it does not make the annoying buzzing sounds that most washers make when they are finished washing clothing. This washing machine plays a little tune - so much more relaxing - you're almost happy that you get to fold clothing.

The one thing you do have to watch out for is to purchase HE (high efficiency) detergent - I've not done it myself, but I hear that purchasing non-HE detergent can ruin or break your washing machine.

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

This is actually a great workhorse of a washing machine. I bought this for two reasons. One was our old machine was getting noisy. The other reason is I was tired of going to laundry-mats to wash my rugs and comforters. It was very time consuming and I just didn't like doing it. It's big enough at 4.3 cubic feet to do very large loads. That's much nicer than having to do two or three with a smaller machine.

Energy Efficiency
Since I use less water and wash less often, it saves me quite a bit on water and electricity.

Cleaning Time
I've never actually timed a load but it can be up to or just over an hour for large heavy loads.

Everything comes out fresh and clean the way I expect it to. no complaints.

This may be my only beef. I have fits with these led controls. I hate reading instructions but I have the basics figured out and I'm still learning.

This machine has so many features like delay start, out of balance sensors and lot's more.

I haven't had this machine too long so I'm not sure. I have other whirlpool appliances that lasted many years so I expect it to last a long time.

Nice washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I used this washing machine many times while living with my parents in the past. Additionally, the stacked washer dryer I have in my apartment right now is not great, and my mom is kind enough to let me stop over whenever I want to use this washer (and the dryer) which I am very grateful for!

Our family does lots of laundry so this machine has gotten a lot of use over the past few years, and we haven't had any mechanical or quality issues with it yet. I love that it is front-loading and has a nice capacity. It's energy efficient and pretty quiet. It is really sleek looking as well.

I use Tide HE free and gentle laundry detergent with it and my clothes always come out nice and clean. I'm also the type who will throw clothes that say "hand wash" into the machine on the gentle or hand wash cycle and I have never had any problems or damage done to my clothes.

As others have mentioned, the one small thing to watch out for is an occasional sock getting caught in the rubber seal of the door, but that's really not a significant issue. Overall, it seems to be a solid, efficient machine.

• Cleaning Time:

Good washing machine. It works well.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I have used this machine for almost 5 years now. I went from a top loading machine to the front loading. I still think I prefer the top loader, but I love how little water this washer uses. There are settings for just about everything; delicate, hand wash, rinse only, regular, heavy duty, sanitize. There is also a setting for self cleaning the machine. Love it! A lot of people have had issues with front loaders smelling mildewy after a while, but if you just leave the door open an inch or two after you unload it, it helps that water dry up, and no mildew smells.

Energy Efficiency
This front loader uses less water and runs quickly and efficiently.

Cleaning Time
The regular load takes about 56 minutes, and I like to double rinse my kid's clothes and towels, so that adds another 10 minutes. There is a setting for a quick wash, but I'm not sure it would get the dirt out of kid's clothes, so I don't use it very often.

Works great.

Even my 6 and 9 year old can put their laundry in, and start it up.

I wish that the legs were easier to adjust to make sure it was level.

Like I said, I've had it for almost 5 years and it is still going strong.

Duet Washer - ehh

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Like any decent washing machine the Duet does it's job - clothes come out clean and ready for the dryer. The various cycle options provide a wide range of load types and the machine seems to run well. My issue is that like the two other front loaders we've had, the machine gets that moldy smell over time.

Overall it looks great, functions well, but the moldy smell is annoying and something the sales person said wouldn't be an issue with a newer model.

Energy Efficiency
This washer seems very efficient in energy and water usage which is great.

Cleaning Time
The various washing cycles allow you to set the machine for a variety of load times and wash times. I think the the fastest time is 17 mins or so which is great when we just need to clean a few shirt, or pants for the kids, etc.

As stated above, the machine washes well, but we've had 2 warranty issues in under 2 years which was dis-concerning.

Machine is very easy to use. My wife does most of the laundry but when she needs me to throw in a few loads I haven't had any issues and haven't messed anything up yet!

great design - very aesthetically pleasing.

As stated above - two warranty issues in two years has me a bit worried.

Power washer

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

I love washing my clothes with the Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer because it is easy to use, performs well, does not take too long to clean, and my clothes are so clean and fresh. I would definitely recommend this Whirlpool Duet Steam Front load Washer to anyone it is a great investment.

Cleaning Time
It takes a little less than an hour to wash my clothes in the Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer.

My clothes smell and look so clean when they are washed in the Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer.

The Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer is so easy to use. Just throw your clothes in the washer and add your laundry detergent and softener to the pull out drawer compartments. Then choose from the desired washing options and then press start and wait for your clothes to be washed.

I love the design of this Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer it is so sleek.

I have had this washer for a handful of years and it is still running great.

• Cleaning Time:

A high-efficiency and water-saving washer for the family.

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

This high-powered washing machine works very nicely and efficiently, saving gallons more water each load than our previous washer.

Energy Efficiency
This high-efficiency washing machine saves tremendously on water and on detergent. It is also designed to save energy and we have noticed a change in energy use compared to our old washer.

Cleaning Time
Some wash settings take a while to ensure better (or more gentle) cleaning, but there are also quick washes and overall it does not take a long time.

This washing machine removes all dirt and stench except exceptionally deep stains and occasionally oil spills. Overall its performance is great.

You could figure out how to use most of the features on this washing machine without reading the instructions. It has easy-to read labels and simple design for the normal washes.

Sometimes it cannot reach its maximum spinning capacity because of an offset in the balance of the clothes. Other than that small problem which would be prone to any other washing machine, this washer is designed very well.

We have owned this washing machine for five years and have had no trouble and nothing broken yet so far. I expect it to easily last for double that again.

Good

from Warren, OH

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

The whirlpool duet front load electric dryer is a great washer that I have a set with my other whirlpool washer. I like the doors how they open on the sides instead of having to open the top of the machine to put the clothes in. It is very effective in the cleaning process and I love that it is also very quiet when washing my clothes. It has a very high rating from reviews and this is one reason that i ended up looking into it. The pair is really great because they complement eachother very well. It also has many settings if you have delicate, heavy wash and these vary in times. I also like how it tells you how long it will be done so you can know when to come back. It is also a really great sleek design that looks really nice and you can tell its quality made.It beeps when its done and this is how I know to come and get them! It is very durable and great on performance however I noticed I cant fit as much into the machine like big comforters and what not in there. But it is also very easy to use and a great over all washer

Good, a few issues.

from florida, USA

Comments about Whirlpool Duet Steam Front Load Washer:

Overall, this washer has been a good purchase. I would purchase it again. In the 5-6 years I have had it, it has had only two issues. The first being that the seal around the door split and water started poring out onto the floor. However, it was covered under the warranty and replaced very quickly. The second issue was my fault. Not checking pockets before washing can lead to items clogging the washer. Front loading washers do cut down on water and electricity usage, but are a bit more delicate.

Energy Efficiency
I have been very happy with the energy efficiency.

Cleaning Time
A typical normal cycle takes about 50minutes. A sanitary cycle takes 2 hours.

It has always cleaned my clothes well.

Controls are easy to use. Everything is labeled and self explanatory.

Love the design. I have had my washer and dryer pair both side-by-side and stacked. I love the versatility.

Dispute the few issues I have had, this washer has held up through multiple moves, including one across the county. It continues to work just as well as when I purchased it.