3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

The Whirlpool Cabrio:An Outstanding Washer & energy efficient!

The Whirlpool Cabrio top loading washer is one of the best investments that you can purchase if you are looking for a new washing machine. We purchased ours because the LG front loader we had required a very pricey repair and it was cheaper to purchase a new washer. After much research about a new washing machine, the Whirlpool Cabrio top loader was hands down the best machine out there. The benefits of a top loader are combined with the energy efficiency of a front loader in the Cabrio, and the space of the wash tub is incredible. The Cabrio eliminates the agitator, which in traditional top loaders causes severe wrinkling of clothes and made clothing wear out faster. In the Cabrio there is a small "impeller" at the bottom of the wash tub that rotates, spins, and "kneads" clothes through the water to ensure a proper clean. There is no rubber seal, as in the front loaders, which eliminates the mold build up that is experienced in front loaders. This model is also an "H2low" model and uses significantly less water than traditional top loaders or front loaders. The machine senses the size of the load and determines the proper amount of water to add to the cycle for maximum cleaning and efficiency. It has 16 wash cycles, and many different options to make each wash specific for the items you are washing. It is probably the best washer on the market, and can be found at all major retailers and even online. I have yet to find something about the Cabrio that I do not like. One word of advice though, always remember to load your washer evenly or it won't spin properly. Its easy and all it takes to make sure the washer is loaded evenly is to make sure you have clothing spread out on each side of the wash tub and everything is fine!

Poorly designed lid breaks shortly after warranty expires

Lid is of poor design, plastic frame broke after 18 months. Warranty is for 1 year and Whirlpool fails to stand behind their product. Not enough water in wash modes so extra rinse must always be used, defeating energy/water savings. Whirlpool has made quality products in the past, unfortunately, this is not one of them.

good washer but leaks

from orlando, fl

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

Cons

• Leaky

• Bedding
  • Delicates
  • Everyday Clothes
  • Heavy/Bulky Items
  • Towels

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

It was great at the start and the tub cracked but it was replaced. it started leaking and i contacted the company and they never responded

Decent washer, but beware

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

My family and I got this Whirlpool washer and we have a love hate relationship with it. The washer is great for standard cottons and cotton mixes but once you get into the more delicate fabrics, the washer seems to rough them up a bit. Since the majority of the stuff we wash are socks, undies, and standard shirts we didn't have many problems. But if you're looking at buying make sure you take that into recommendation!

Poorly designed lid breaks shortly after warranty expires

from Euless, TX

• Cleaning Time:

The worst washing machine I have ever owned!

from Fond Du Lac, WI

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

My husband and I purchased this washer after using our other agitator washer for 15+ years. The main reason we purchased it was because it is supposed to save water. Second reason is it is supposed to clean better than the agitator type washer. This one does NEITHER! More than half of the loads that are washed come out with dirt still on them, massive lint bunched up in sections on the clothing or torn or shredded too! Worst purchase we have ever made and the price was NOT cheap either!

Energy Efficiency
I picked satisfactory because I do not know if it saves on anything! The wash cycle is LONG so electric would be higher and it is supposed to save water. We have NOT noticed a huge difference in either so NO this is not Energy Efficient in my own opinion.

Cleaning Time
Takes WAY too long for a cleaning cycle. It does not matter if it is a small load or a large load because BOTH take TOO LONG!

It doesn't clean wash good at all. See first answer above.

Just ok, though it does take awhile to figure out which cycle type to use and I had to read the instructions many times. There is too much digital stuff on this machine too.

First of all, I HATE it that the lid locks because I have absolutely NO IDEA what is going on inside that machine! Second of all, the drum is quite large and it is hard to reach to the bottom to get clothes out when they are finished.

fine I guess, I am not sure that I have had it long enough to show durability though!

• Cleaning Time:

Married 45 years, best washer/drier combo we ever had!

from Saint Johns, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

There seem to be those that think that a washer will not clean without a tub FULL of water and using a quart of detergent.
Not so!
The 5.1 CF Cabrio handles gigantic loads with minimum water and detergent. Cleans exceptionally well and have not had any issues in 8 months. Have not had problems with being hard on clothes either.
Expensive but well worth it - and these appliances look great as well.
Be prepared for different sounds from washer as it will not have 25 gallons of water in it!

Energy Efficiency
We reallu USE this thing. 3 to 4 loads daily as daughter & grandson live with us. Saves a LOT of water over old washer (also a Whirlpool, no problems, just upgraded)
Gets clothes clean without any problem - even grandson's baseball uniforms.

Almost too many selections but easy to find one that is "just right" for the load.

Great looking and performing machines.

So far, so good. No issues in 8 months of heavy use.

• Cleaning Time:

Whirlpool washer makes grinding sound

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

we've had this washer for less than a year and have called a tech out 3 times for a loud grinding sound that can be heard throughout the whole house when I try washing a larger load. My load I'm told is still smaller than what it's suppose to be able to handle. i only wash about 4 or 5 bath towels when it says it can handle up to 10. WHen I do wash these 5 towels the washer usually make the horrible grinding sound. The first time the tech came out he couldn't find anything wrong and said to call back when it happens again. Then the second time I started doing laundry the day he was coming out and paused the load so he could hear the noise. THis time he took the basket and components out and said it all looked fine and didn't know where it was coming from. Well now it's doing it again and we're ready to ask for a new washer.

I also feel like it doesn't wash all the clothes that that well. I'll throw in a shirt that was folded and it will come out of the washer still folded.

The Whirlpool Cabrio:An Outstanding Washer & energy efficient!

from Lancaster, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

The Whirlpool Cabrio Washer is rough on my clothes!

from Leander, TX

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

We bought our first house a little over two years ago and had to buy all new appliances.  My husband and I had never purchased appliances before, but we knew we wanted to get something nice and effecient.  We chose the Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer because of all the features it had...and because of the way it looked.  It is a nice modern looking top loading washer.  The lid is see-through, allowing you to watch it at work.  The inside tub is stainless steel.  This washer is energy effienct and it uses high efficiency detregant and has a special dispenser for the detergant, as well as a dispenser for the bleach.  This washer really is neat in some aspects, as it does not use much water and is very quite.  There is no pole sticking up from the middle of the washer, which we thought would make the washer easier on clothes.  Ww were wrong!  This washer, as nifty as it is really is very rough on our clothes.  We have had several towels destroyed, as well as lots of new clothes looking very worn within a short period.  I expected way more from this washer.

Whirlpool Cabrio top load washer washes so well clothes look new

from Glendora, CA

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

This washer works so well. I had a LG front load before the cabrio and my clothes looked dingy but not anymore. My clothes come out looking clean and smelling fresh and clean. Grease spots come out too. I have thrown my husband's filthy work shirt in with my shirts by accident and my clothes came out clean, without a single spot on them. I was amazed as his shirt was full of oil, grease, and grime since he's a mechanic. Before I would have had to throw out all my clothes since not even Tide stain remover would get the stains out but now I know it was not the soap but the washer that left the grime in the washer. I thought front load wshers were suppose to conserve water while still getting the clothes clean, efficient I think the salesman told me. That was malarky. This top load washer does magic.I love this machine, I've had it for six months now and everything still works great. Not a single problem!

I've loved it from the first load of laundry (3 years ago)!!!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer WTW7800X:

We purchased our Cabrio set after our old GE went bad.  (They were only 2 years old!!!)  The washer is quiet and dependable.  I can use such a minimal amount of eco-friendly detergent and still get the clothing clean.  It's also amazing how little water it needs to get the job done.  It had a huge variety of settings and options to choose from.  It has a great self cleaning mode that is great after I've cleaned an especially filthy load of my husbands work clothes.  It also has my favorite feature in a washer... A delay start setting!!!  This is great to delay the start of a load of laundry until after showers are done so the washer doesn't use the hot water from our small water heater or to start it an hour before I wake up so the clothes don't sour sitting in the washer all night.  I just wake up to a freshly cleaned load and put it straight into the dryer.  The only non-issue downfall I have found with the machine is that if you don't move the clothes to the dryer in a moderate amount of time, the clothes begin to smell... but I think that's actually an operator flaw. I'm too busy to eat most days, much less switch the laundry over.  After all the delay start timer can compensate for this.