Other Washing Machines:

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Maytag MVWB850W can tackel it all!

We have had this washer for a little over two years and I am absolutely in love with it. I had it narrowed down to a few front loaders and then this top loader. What sold me on this was the capacity and that it didn't have an agitator. As a mom of two I do at least one load a day, usually more, and this washer can keep up and cut down on how many loads you have to do, since you can really cram it all in there. You can wash your delicates without worrying they will get caught on the agitator, but still come out clean. Then you can also shove those heavy quilts and blankets in and wash them with no problem. I have a baby still in a crib and we needed after illness, we just shove the whole crib bumper in the washer and I know it will come out clean and undamaged. Another great thing is all the different options you have from whites, to delicates, to stain cycle. Also, with it being HE, I love knowing that I'm saving money and water when I use it. I would highly recommend this washer.

maytag bravos washer

The Bravos is the poorest excuse for a washer. It has leaked from the time I got it. The repair man was here at least 9 times and it still leaks. The maytag corporation has ignored my last calls about the washer. Two different companys came to my house and worked on this piece of junk. If maytag was a reputable company it would take back this junk they call a washer and give my a new washer, not a bravos. Its tangles the clothes, it tears clothes. it takes an average of 47 minutes to wash a med size load. I'm fed up with Maytag and the junk they make. It's January 2013 and the Bravos is still leaking and tearing up my clothes, I just can't believe the good reviews that it gets. Don't buy Maytag

tears up my sheets and towels, real waste of money

Not well made, don't buy it.

from Huntington Beach, CA.

About Me Occasional User

Pros

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
    • Does not use enough water to get clothes clean.
    • Noisy

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Noisy, sounds like a turbojet engine. Repair man could not find the problem. Lid locked and would not unlock. Call repair again. Water would not fill, call repair again. Water level is too low to get clothes clean.
      Matching Dryer, need to use two dry cycles to thoroughly dry clothes. Dryer heating element not efecient failed twice parts were not in stock had to wait 5-weeks to fix.

Bravo for the Bravos

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I have this washer for about 2 years and love it. I really didn't think I would like a machine without the standard agitator. I was determined to purchase one with an agitator but the salesman told me I would love this one. This machine does the job and saves me water at the same time!! And, I DO love it!!

• Cleaning Time:

OK, not the best or worse

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I bought this machine maybe 18 months ago when my old machine died. I thought this would be a good choice for my family (2 kids). One kids plays soccer 5 times a week and I wash his soccer clothes almost every day. I did not think that it worked as good as other high efficiency machines do...or at least the one that I bought to replace this one. Using the buttons/pad was moderatly easy, except when hands were damp from moving clothes from washer to dryer. The clothes did not come out any cleaner than with my traditional agitator machine. I don't know if it ever used any less water. I considered throwing in a comforter, but never did. What I did do was put a comforter in a neighbors high efficiency front load washer and it came out great! I sold this machine (and matching dryer) on Craigslist and bought my neighbors brand. For the price, I suggest that you spend the money on the more expensive washer (with a pedestal) than this one.

Extremely happy

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Excellent product. Operates efficiently and quietly. Would highly recommend.

Energy Efficiency
      The most economical unit we're ever owned.

Cleaning Time
      Adjustible settings. Cleans effectively even on shorter settings.

Since our unit is on the first floor we were looking for a unit that operates quietly. This unit is very quiet.

Like all Maytag products, this is extremely simple to operate.

Design is attractive and efficient.

It's a Maytag. What more could I say?

A welcoming change

from Tarawa Terrace, NC

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I just recently purchased this washer. I previously owned a front loader and got rid of it because of the harsh water my area has that caused mildew issues with the rubber gasket. With this washer I don't have to worry about the harsh water problem. This washer is smaller than the front loader I had, but it's able to handle the same capacity as the one I had before. I love how this machine is easy to clean and has the cleaning cycle on the load settings. I like how it displays the time for each load and allows me to choose the water type. It's not really noisy either. My favorite feature on this is that it automatically knows the right amount of water to use for each load so I'm not wasting water. I like the tune it plays at the end of the cycle letting me know the load is done. I've also noticed that it gets more water out in the spin cycle so it has lessened my drying times which is a win win for me.

Cleaning Time
      would love a quick cycle setting, but other than that it's great.

The best washer ever!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love this washer. It's so large, it'll do multiple loads at once and can even fit king sized comforter. It saves a lot of time for our family, since I have to do fewer loads. The only issue is sometime some detergent is left on a piece of clothing. It washes out with water though, so not a big problem. Before putting the clothes in the drier, you have to make sure to shake them out to get the wrinkles out. I think it's because of the armless agitator that they can get twisted a little. To prevent it, you have to make sure you evenly distibute the clothes in the tub. I still LOVE LOVE this washer. It's the first I've ever owned, and hopefully will be the last!

42-58 min

Love the glass top!

• Cleaning Time:

The only washing machine for me!

from Cheshire, CT

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I love this machine and everything about it. My previous 21 year old machine finally broke. This was quite an upgrade. With a family of 5 I need a big machine and this one has enabled me to cut my washing time in half because of the large load size. It has saved water and electric. I don't have to think about whether I have a big or small load cause the water level adjusts to the load size - that itself saves money. The spin cycle assures that my clothes are wrung out so that helps save time on drying. I am so happy with the extra time I save using this washer. My only regret is why I didn't switch years ago!

Energy Efficiency
      I have saved money on my water and electric bills. I was so excited to move to an HE machine since my previous machine was 21 years old!

Cleaning Time
      The Maytag Bravos cleans my clothes in 41 minutes.

My clothes come out clean!

I just press the buttons and this machine does the thinking for me. No more deciding if I have a small or large load.

Sleek design - white with a digital pad

This machines seems rough and tough even though I've closed the lid alittle rough sometimes

My Maytag

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I was so disappointed in the durability of this machine. I initially loved how clean it got my clothes and how dry it spun them. Then, it stopped working. Of course, to have the repairman come out was a charge, then replacing the control panel was a charge, and then, it just stopped spinning. We were out of the warranty period and were told it would cost more to fix than it was worth.

Cleaning Time
      I initially loved how fast it spun the clothes dry.

extremely disappointed in how quickly this machine "broke" down. And to hear that it was better to "junk" it, that it would be better to buy an "old fashioned" machine, because at least it would last was extremely disappointing!

Gets clothes clean

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I got a really good deal on this washer and dryer combo this past November. I was looking for a washer than could hold a king size comforter and this one easily does the job. I can fit so many more clothes in this washer than my older washer (which recently died on me). It is energy efficient and doesn't use a lot of water to operate, so it saves on my water bill. There are many settings on this washer. One setting is for bulky items (comforters) and I feel that using this setting does help get my blankets cleaner than usual. This washer uses only HE detergent, but I think HE is becoming he norm now so it won't be a problem finding it in stores. Another thing I love about this washer is that it is SO quiet!! My old washer was so loud, so this is a vast improvement. I love it!

Good overall washing machine

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I recently purchase this unit. I selected it because I no longer wanted to bend down to load a front loader. This unit does not have the center agitator so is equally large, powerful, and water efficient as the front loader. I did not want some of these useless features like some of the new washers have. This machine washes clothes and does it well.