Other Washing Machines:
Kenmore
Kenmore Top Load Washer

Kenmore Top Load Washer

• Cleaning Time:

Kenmore washers are long-lasting!

I have been extremely happy with my Kenmore top-load washing machine. I have had it for a very long time. In fact, I have had it for so long, I cannot remember when I bought it. When I bought my house, there was a Kenmore top-load washing machine in it from the previous owners. It lasted for years, so when the time came to buy another one, naturally, I bought another Kenmore, because I had been so satisfied with the last one. It holds a very large load, and it gets my clothes clean without damaging them. It is extremely simple to use. There are no electronics. Instead, there are just a few knobs that you turn to set the time, load size and the water temperature. I wash everything in cold water to save energy, and my clothes always get clean. I have no complaints, and I hope it lasts for many more years!

This Kenmore Washer is pretty average.

There is nothing special about this Kenmore Washer when it comes down to it.  Really, I guess you get what you paid for.  Nothing is great or stands above the competition with this washer, but then again, nothing is absolutely horrible about it either.  Though I would be careful about running it at high capacity in an older home.  The amount of water it uses can cause your pipes to back up and then you will have a big mess of water on your hands.  This has happened to us a couple of times before we learned to just run it on the lower loads...which of course, costs more in utilities in the long run.   oh well, it works pretty well I guess.  Other than the water spilling out everywhere, we really haven't had any other functional problems with this washer.  So, if you want a cheap machine, I suppose I would recommend this washer to just about anyone, with the above warnings highlighted of course.

Great washer

from Warren ohio

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I have had this washer for a year or so now.. I have two girls and oh my do they go through a lot of clothes on a daily basis!!!! This washing machine takes a lot from me and handles it all!! I stuff it to the max and then some to get my daughters clothes into a single large load! Clothes have always come out clean and smelling Great!

I like the Kenmore products

from Delaware

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
    • Clean Clothes Well
    • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Breaks Down
    • Noisy

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

While I like the washing machine because it gets the job done. It seems to break down a lot. I have had Kenmore washing machine before and never had that problem.

Great machine!

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

Best by far! Family with 6 kids I wash a lot of clothes, this washer is awesome. I had a Kenmore top load washer since the time I started having kids and just got a new one last year for christmas. Fabulous! Can't say enough about it. This washer runs smooth with almost no noise. Very quiet. I have never had any problems with Kenmore, my old washer still worked and is being used by my nephew. I only got a new one as a christmas gift from my wonderful husband who thought I deserved a new one. Excellent buy on his part, can't go wrong with this machine. Clothes come out fresh and clean, settings are super easy to use. Large capacity does big loads and still comes out clean. With 6 kids I don't have time to waste on washing all day.

Lasted Several Years

from Mount Dora, FL

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

When my mom bought our first house back in 2000 our first washing machine was this particular Kenmore brand. We never had any problems with it until the last couple of months or so that we had it which was expected since we had had it for about 10 years before we ended up needing to replace it with another one. In comparison to other washing machines that I've owned our Kenmore had a very quick cleaning time while leaving our clothes coming out nearly brand new all the while. Being that it lasted a good 10 years before needing replacing I'd say I was pretty satisfied with it especially thinking about the fact that we never had to worry about it giving our clothing any odors even with us never cleaning it like we probably should have to avoid any such things from happening. As with anything, wear and tear finally got to it and it gave out after having it for years

this wasing mechine sucks

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I have had several Kenmore washing machines since living on my own and I cannot remember one being quite as bad as the one I have now. I purchased this one about 6 months ago. I truly hate to do laundry in this machine. My clothes come out almost as dirty as they went in. There is no agitator in the bottom of mine and it is absolutely a waste of time and money to wash clothes in this thing. I truly hate that I am now stuck with this machine. The store refused to take it back simply because I didn't like it or it would be out of here. I highly recommend staying away from this machine and finding one with an agitator if you are getting a top load model. Otherwise, the clothes simply lay in the bottom of the machine and get wet instead of getting clean. Having it to do over, I'd have gone a completely different direction. This machine was simply not worth bringing home and now I will spend the next five years or so rewashing my laundry twice to ensure it is clean enough to put back on my children.

Energy Efficiency
    water bill is still high and electric bill is too. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

Cleaning Time
    cleaning time sucks too. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

this washer is a waist of every thing. my cloths are still dirty. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

not really because you have to was each load twice to get any thing cleaned. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

I do not like I cant soak any thing either. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

I will not know because I will not keep this peace of crap washer. I think they should recall every one of theses and give a good different one to each person

Excellent washer!

from Kansas

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

This Kenmore Top Load Washer is great! It is inexpensive but cleans clothing very efficiently. My favorite part of this machine is the simplicity. If you are looking for a fancy washer, this is not the one for you. This is such an easy washer to use and is great for teaching kids how to do laundry. I had this washer for 5 years and never had a single problem with it. I had to move and could not take it with me, or I would have definitely kept it!

My only complaint was that there was not enough room for a king size comforter.

Cleaning Time
    The cleaning time is about average.

This washer cleans clothes well.

This is a very simple washer. There are not a ton of buttons and settings that you have to figure out. This washer is great for children just learning how to do laundry because of its simplicity.

This washer has a very simple design. It is not fancy and is very minimal.

I used this washer for 5 years before I moved and was unable to take it with me. I never had any problems with it.

Super clean clothes

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

We had this Kenmore Top Load Washer in my last apartment unit. Since it was already there so we had no reason to sulk. I had always used the front load washer and was quite skeptical and sad to have this in my unit. Since, I did not have any option, I had to use it. To my surprise, this washer works great. I have always used High efficiency laundry detergent to wash my clothes and I did the same in this. The clothes came out super clean and fresh. It did not make that much of noise as well. The clothes were not as wet as they come out of some washers after the cycle. Air dry would have also done the trick but I had a dryer so I am not so sure. Overall it was good to have my hands on this front load washing machine. A great product to opt for if you are not adamant to purchase the top loading washer only. I know it sounds bit old fashioned but it works as well as any other modern washers out in the market.

Great Top Loader

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

This was the first washing machine I purchased for my home a number of years ago. It was an excellent washer for about ten years of heavy duty daily use.

I love the top loading capabilities. It's great to just be able to dump laundry right in and be done with it. No trying to cram everything through a little front loading door. The top opens nice and wide and you can fit everything from regular laundry to big blankets and even comforters in this.

The settings are intuitive and super easy with dials that you turn. There are no weird buttons to push and everything is big enough to read and use even if it is first thing in the morning and you are half asleep.

I like the little bleach cup in the corner. It's cute and it helps to keep down any sort of bleach spots down to a minimum.

I love that this fills from the bottom up (obviously). That is especially helpful when using pod type detergents where the pod really needs to be in the water a bit longer than it is in a front load washer. This gives it the extra time it needs to dissolve thoroughly.

The spin cycle is a bit on the noisier side but still not loud and you can't even hear it if you're not in the room with it so you can run this early in the morning or late at night.

Overall this is a great purchase and I definitely recommend it.

not impressed

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

I had this washer for two years before I switched to my portable washer. I was not impressed with this one. I only rate it a seven because the top load door always stuck due to faulty design, and the wash seemed to take forever. This washer was a bit expensive at the time, so I had high expectations but it let me down. The cold water washes still leaked in some warm water and the buttons stuck and didn't always turn. The washer bounced around a lot with heavier loads and did not wash evenly. For the expensive price, I would expect the washer to work a little better but it let me down.

Energy Efficiency
    Energy wise, this washer was pretty good. It did not run up my water bill or electric bill and conserved a lot. Kenmore is a good brand and known for conserving both water and energy and this washer did show that much and keep the reputation.

Cleaning Time
    The cleaning time seemed incredibly long compared to other washers I have tried. I am not impressed at all with the time, it should be much faster.

• Cleaning Time:

Great Washer with all selections you need

Comments about Kenmore Top Load Washer:

Large capacity and two speed so not as hard on a machine with one. Mine has lasted as long as the whirlpool I replaced. I think it cleans a little better.

Energy Efficiency
    It was an energy star when bought and the cycle was fast. I think from start to finish about 25 minutes

12 minute clean and does a good job

Quite enough and performed as good as other brands I have owned

Cycles are the most used nothing fancy and easy to set for type of garments being washed

Clean design and appearance is good.

I have had this for approximately 8 years and it is still going strong. Very happy with Kenmoore.