Other Washing Machines:
Maytag
MVWB750WQ
Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

My Maytag iscleaning my clothes like no other I know!

CLEAN! Is basically how I could some up my Maytag washer. I've seen a dramatic difference in my whites and even my colors are brighter. This machine is very quiet and well maintained. It is very easy to work. It is exactly what me and the wife have been looking for. But now it is very affordabe. I am a construction worker and believe me when I say I come home very dirty some days and my clothes on some days are beyond cleanable. I was making a pile of these clothes to throw them out into the trash. But now that I got this maytag with of course some good ole Tide detergent. Ive got some pretty clean work clothes again. Even some of the guys I work with asked me if I got some new work clothes. I said No! just a new washer (Maytag). I saw their eyes open wide, and even a couple guys said that they were going to check in on this machine. Maybe even a early Christmas present for the ole lady, so to speak. I would be heart broken if I lost my Maytay Washer. I very pleased with it am I'm willing to brag to all about. I love this machine and I am convinced that I would buy no other from now on.

Unreliable :-( Nice to look at though. Avoid this machine.

Bought this washing machine and matching dryer about 6 weeks ago (End of April 2010)

Dryer was out of stock but apparently arriving soon according to the salesman so we ended up getting the washer first.

Washing machine worked great for about 3.5 weeks until it stopped going into the spin cycle.  Reset the machine as per the manual a few times.  Unit would not spin and kept displaying error code F51.  A Maytag service tech recently came and replaced the "system board" and later that day the same thing has happened again.

Apparently this machine as well as the Whirlpool Cabrio and Kenmore Oasis are plagued with these problems.  Google F51 error code and maytag/whirlpool/kenmore and you will see for yourself.  If yours is working now, consider yourself lucky, but its just a matter of time before it breaks down unfortunately.

Very disappointing.  We loved this washer when it was working and it was a great bonus that it was still a top load.  Unfortunately it looks like our only other option is to go to a front load now.  :-(

Oh and by the way, we still havent recieved the dryer for this set.  (apparently maytag/whirlpool/kenmore) are having a serious supply issues with these.  The store we bought it from says they have no idea when they will finally arrive.

Stay away from this set.  Terrible.

Maytag...what are you thinking?

from Modesto, CA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Long Cycle
  • Noisy
  • Shakes/Moves

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Maytag used to be #1 when it came to appliances, now they like every other "good brand" have decided that "quality" is gone with the wind. Why not make junk, so consumers have to buy thier products again & again. I've only had my washer 8 yrs & used it for 6 the other 2 yrs It was in storage. It already quit working ! I'm pretty sure it's the computer because it won't do anything. One setting it will fill up with water, then just sit there. So I have to manually drain all the water out of the tub with a cup. Wow Maytag !

I would not buy this product again.

from minnesota

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

Cons

• large load feature unbalances loads and quits
    • Noisy
    • Porcelain side rusted within 2 years.

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I would suggest get a front loader instead if you're looking to clean large loads. Although this system is suppose to be to be the "top load" answer to larger loads, it will dissapoint. It always goes off balance with comforters and bedspreads which is the whole reason I purchased it.

Great size!

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

The product has great size and a huge selection of settings. The HUGE downsize is that the lid breaks!

Energy Efficiency
      This is HE and has a huge loading capacity so you can do big loads at a time with minimal water. Better than front loaders and it does not have a big drum in the middle.

Cleaning Time
      The cleaning time is efficient but sometimes it changes throughout the cycle and adds time.

Clothes come out clean the only problem is with hair, it does not remove hair of any kind. Very happy about the different settings.

This would not be a problem except there are a thousand warnings that go off all the time even when nothing is wrong.

The size capacity is great and it looks very modern but the warnings that go off all the time are very annoying.

This is by far the worst aspect of the product. The lid completely came off! I was not rough at all with the washer but it became loose and eventually came off completely.

• Energy Efficiency:
      • Cleaning Time:

The washer machine

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

This washer machine is great. Works smoothly too. I strongly recommend this because you get to put your clothes on top of the washer instead of the side. So you could just be standing the whole time instead of bending down. If you have a lot of clothes and a family, consider this if your looking for a washer machine.

• Energy Efficiency:
      • Cleaning Time:

Love this machine

from Ellisville, MS

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Purchased to replace a ten year old set of Maytag Atlantis. Couldn't be happier. Large tub and great preset settings. They can also be customized as well. I purchased the washer mvwb750wq1 and dryer with steam md3127073. Both are large capacity and commercial grade. They are very smooth and quite running. The only thing they won't do is sort and fold. I absolutely love this set. It's a little more than the cheapest models you can buy but all I can say is you get what you pay for. I got a great deal on mine with free hoses, hook up and free delivery. They also had 12 months no interest as well. I could not be happier. I have four people in my household and one dog. I am a busy soccer mom with a full time job. Now all i need is a maid. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

Love my new Maytag Bravos Washer

from Fort Mill, SC

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I looked at every review I could find on all makes and models before I decided to go with the Maytag Bravos Top loader washer. I am 100% satisfied with this machine. It is fast and efficient. There is no tangling of clothes which I kept reading about on other machines. The glass top is a nice feature. There is no guess work on what size load I have since the machine figures that out for me. There has been no off balance issues when it spins. It meets all my expectations and more.

Love the Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer

from Sherborn, MA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

The Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer is a great machine. It fits a TON of clothes and gets them all washed very well without using a lot of water or detergent. The capacity really is unbelievable and cuts the time I spend doing laundry way down. I can wash my cloth diapers in it with no problem at all. The various settings such as bulky, sheets, etc are very useful. I also like the look of this washing machine. It is very reliable, I have had mine for over three years. It is quiet and sturdy and seems to be of very good quality. I would recommend this machine to anyone who is in the market for a large capacity washer. I also like the clean cycle with bleach that freshens and cleans up the inside of the machine. I run that cycle every once in a while and the machine continues to run smoothly. I like that the top is clear so I can see inside while it washes. I like the dryer that goes with it as well.

The Life saving Maytag

from Choctaw, OK

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

Alright there's 5 in our house and three dogs two cats and a fish.  Obviously I don't have anything better to do than laundry every single day.  I cram full the washer so I don't have to do more than one load a day and you would not beleive the results.  This washer will hold like 10 pair of jeans and they all come out smelling great and very clean.  The options they have made make my life simple.  I am able to turn it on leave and come back to it just fininshing up.  I am also used to waiting hours to just wash one load.  Most of the time I can was and dry a load in about 1 hour.  This cuts down on the time it takes and makes time to do other stuff I enjoy.  I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to save time, save money, and have the best value for what you get. I paid a great price and with all the appliance sales going on you are sure to find a great deal.  Again this is a great deal.

Just your average washer

from Zelienople, PA

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

I've had this machine for several years now. We couldn't afford to buy it outright so we used a rent to own program to get a new washer. It isn't as fancy as many of the newer washing machines on the market today but it does the job just fine. I still have to go to the laundromat to do my big comforters but everything else I do in this machine. I use natural laundry soap and vinegar to wash with. I haven't had any real problems with it so far. It's fairly quiet and only wobbles a bit when it's spinning. I don't even really notice it when it's on but it's in the back room. The buttons are convenient but I don't like cleaning the dispenser. I have a white one that gets dirty and dusty looking and I don't like having to clean a washing machine but I do often so it keeps looking good in case we decide to sell it someday. I like that the beep can be turned on or off if I don't want to hear it but it's not that loud.

Great washer

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about Maytag Bravos Top Load Washer:

The wonderful thing about this washer is that it fits all of the clothes that I wanted in it. So far we only have had it for a week or so, so I am not so sure about  how it will hold up in the long run. We talked with quite a few sales people at different stores about what to look for in washers and what brands are the best. So far, we have found out the most washing machines are being made as energy efficient and water efficient which is wonderful. Most all of the front loaders are energy efficient and water efficient, but they are making a few more now top loaders that are energy efficient. Especially in this economy, my husband and I are looking to be able to have the best products but also have products that save us money in the long run. Having an energy efficient washer helpes cut down costs tremendously in the long run. We also found out that some brands have discontinued or been bought out.