Other Washing Machines:
Maytag
MAT15MNAWW
Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer

Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer

Pros

• Clean clothes well (3)
  • Large capacity (3)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Heavy duty user (3)

Maytag: not what it used to be. Sadly.

I was very unhappy to see that Maytag's products are not as great as they used to be. This washer is not a bad washer by any means, but I definitely attribute the name "Maytag" to value and quality. I bought this washer because it was what I could afford and I had always had a good experience with Maytag's products. Unfortunately, this washer did not live up the Maytag name. It is not durable by any means and I had to fix it within six months of buying it. The washing basket went completely off track when I attempted to wash my bed sheets (only one set) and I had to pay to get it fixed. I did not receive a guarantee with this washing machine purchase, which is another reason why I was upset. I am hoping that my next purchase of a Maytag product will be better or I may give up buying their products altogether.

Energy Efficiency
I noticed a pretty sizable jump in my electric bill after purchasing this washer. I do not think it is very energy efficient.

Not built as they once were

Maytag, what pops in your mind is a product that is repair free purchase, been around for years and use to have the most repeat business of other washers products. You use to count on hving them last for over 8 -19 years easy, I've even seen washers in Avacado green back from the 70's which worked perfect. I bought one about 4 years ago, plain white top loader, they clam 21 speed transmission, but who really knows, how true that it. Any way from the first week noting but very little problems, like not able to balance the washer, things that make you mad but not upset. as month and years went on it went on from not being able to balance, to not draining the tub all the way sometimes you have to run it on rinse twice to get it to work. Just another thing to try to get use of the machince too almost correctly or do to make the wash cycle finish. Now more and more time has passed adn I've rinsed out the pump and drain hoses, lubed the unit. but its hit and miss to get it to work. then the more the looking at it and other washing machines, I have noticed some real bone head ideas that were passed off by someone, who makes more then they should, even as a dog walker. The Biggest dumb idea was the bleach tray on top loaders, mostly they are on the left side up front, just dump the bleach in there and it will drain down to the rim of the tub, untill its sloshed into the tub water. While it's being poured in to the tray, it splashes over the clothes and also pours over the tray and you will notice that discolored area around the tray and will start to rust through the metal. you will see the samething around the inside of the top lid on the inside , Discolored and rust starting to develop in the edges. PLAIN IDEA bad Idea to this, the guy who came up with it is most likely a CEO lost of money no common cents..There are a few others Goofs as I put them but its inside of the unit and were done to save a buck

Excellent washer

from Irvington al

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet

• Athletic Clothes
    • Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

I LOVE this washer!! Its big Its quiet and it CLEANS my clothes! No matter how dirty my kids get their clothes this washer stands up to the job. Not fancy looking like some of the more expensive models but then what do you want? FAncy or CLEAN? I go with clean every time!

Too Much Technology

from Canada

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Clean Clothes Well
    • Large Capacity

Cons

• Noisy
    • Unwanted Features

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

I have had this washer for a year. It cleans clothes very well. It has some unwanted features that if I had known existed, I would not have bought it. One is the crazy noises. They are loud, intrusive, and totally unnecessary. Also it has a lid locking feature that makes it impossible for me to control the settings as much as I would like. For example to wash woollens, I want to soak it (as long as I choose) and then spin it dry. It empties on its own. This machine will not allow me to do that. I wanted an entry level top loader and this machine is just weird and hard to control. Engineers gone mad!

Amazing Washer For The Price

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
      • Clean Clothes Well
      • Energy Efficient
      • Large Capacity

• Athletic Clothes
        • Bedding
        • Delicates
        • Everyday Clothes
        • Towels

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

When I needed a new washer I knew that I had to get something that was classified as industrial or commercial because of the amount of laundry that I do. I knew that I wanted a top loading machine because someone is always leaving something in a pocket and they wait until they hear the washer filing up before they come flying down the steps to retrieve whatever it is that they are missing.

To get the best results from this you have to make sure that you are selecting the right water level, not overfilling it and that you are using the right type and amount of detergent. If you pack this with clothes and use the "super" size setting your clothes aren't going to have enough room to be rinsed completely.

This is a strong machine but if you don't select the right setting you could end up with the load going off balance. You will hear a series of loud thuds and then the machine will shut off. It doesn't matter where it's at in the wash cycle, it will turn itself off to keep it from ruining the washer drum.

When I purchased this I had the store deliver it, take it down the steps to the basement, disconnect the old washer, hook the new one up and then remove the old washer. Not all stores are going to give you that kind of service so if you have to have this moved up or down step, make sure you have enough people to get the job done safely.

Not the best but did it's job

from Eustis, FL

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

Having gone through several different washing machines in the past few years I would say that this particular Maytag washers, while it wasn't the best one I've ever had, it lasted quite a bit of time in comparison to some of the others. Granted, it was a used one and even then it lasted even longer than I expected it to. The one thing I did not like about it though is that, probably because it was used, it always seemed to leave my clothes with a bit of an odor unless I used scented detergent. But I guess, just a with any washing machine one should always use a cleaner every so often in order to avoid things like clothing odors from happening. As stated previously though it lasted quite a long time even for it having been used. I had my used Maytag washer for about 2-3 years before it needed replacing which probably doesn't seem like a long time but in terms of preowned items it was longer than expected. It got the job done and my clothing came out fairly clean which is all that matters.

• Cleaning Time:

Takes care of the heavy loads

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

We bought this washer at work because we needed a new washer to replace our old one. We bought this washer after hours and hours of research. We compared many commercial washers and Maytag was the best fit for what we needed. We wash a lot of salty work clothes in this washer. We also wash a lot of greasy uniforms soaked in sweat. Everything that we have washed in this washer has came out sparkling clean. I would recommend this washer to anyone that needs to wash heavy loads.

Energy Efficiency
        This product has very great energy efficiency it uses very little power to wash you super loads of clothes. There are others that say that they compare but they do not live up to the hype.

Cleaning Time
        This product cleans clothes faster that any other commercial washers on the market today.

This product out performs any other washer that is on the market today.

This washer is simple to use no matter what your age.

The design of this procduct is awesome because it does not take up a lot of space.

This product is made to outlast any washer that is on the market today.

• Cleaning Time:

Maytag: not what it used to be. Sadly.

from lakeland, florida

• Cleaning Time:

Still have mine after all these years.

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

I loved these! If you like durability and stuff that lasts a long long time please consider getting these. They last for years. MY mother once had hers it was the first washer they ever purchased and when I bought my own home it was handed down to me and the washer is about my age if not older. Have never had an issue except with replacing the belt but for a 21 year old brand washer that is not too bad at all.

Energy Efficiency
        Hasn't bothered our electric bill mainly what hurts us is the oven. The washer uses less electric especially if it's set on cold wash.

Cleaning Time
        Takes absolutely no time to clean and it cleans great. We have cleaned shoes,rugs and other garments in it and they are always washed to their perfection. Even our cloth diapers come clean very quickly.

Is a manual really necessary? The settings are pretty laid out and are very descriptive. Handwash and delicates.

Good old fashioned design,these weren't meant to be pretty they were built to last.

These things can last for years, as I have stated they last for many many years for my family. I will be sad when it goes.

The one you can trust.

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

Put yourself back in time. Who would rather wash on his or her hands.

Energy Efficiency
        It's okay,but we all know that energy is reputable.

Cleaning Time
        Not hard to clean at all.

The best yet. Just know that what you fall for is just the same as loving the performance.

Very easy use

Cute

Lasts as long as it should

Disappointed.

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

I have always thought of Maytag as the best but this new washing machine without the agitator is not as good at cleaning my clothes. And it takes a lot longer to wash a load since I have to use the heavy duty cycle. And sometimes I have re-rinse a load because it still feels soapy. I am disappointed to say the least.

Cleaning Time
        Takes a lot longer than my old washer.

Sometimes not clean. Sometimes still soapy.

Do not like the locking lid.

Load size is good.

Maytag Special Edition Super Capacity 2 speed

Comments about Maytag Commercial Top Load Washer:

This machine is wonderful. Everyone in my household has used this machine. When I load it there is always room for more. When my husband loads it you can't fit another piece of clothing in it. Same goes for my daughter in law. I and my daughter in law seperate colors, my husband just puts everything in no batter the color although I think he has gotten the ideas of what some new red items can do to his white socks. No matter who does the laundry it always comes out clean.

Energy Efficiency
        I didn't notice my power bill go up or down with its use. It is suppose to use less energy but I couldn't say since I don't have a meter on the plug in this washer is plugged into.

Cleaning Time
        It just depends on what you set the cleaning time for. If it need light cleaning then it doesn't take as long. I usually use the dirty setting because I want to make sure the clothes are clean and have the soap removed because of skin irritations that I have.

It always delivers, It's a MAYTAG, WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU EXPECT!

If my husband can use it, it has to be easy!

When a person purchases a top loading washing machine a person can't gripe about the purchase and say it would be better if it was a front loader?

It has survived my husband and other family members so it has to have durability.